The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #76
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

I don't think that should've been a straight red, both guys went in with both feet. Ref jumped the gun.

Also...

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #77
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Liverpool played well dispite having 10 men,had a few good chances at goal.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #78
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Great goal by Gerard, pool up 1-0 , man u have been playing really poorly so far.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #79
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

There we go.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #80
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Bloody nice goal from Rafael....

Old 09-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #81
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

great finish by rafael.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #82
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Oh Scholes....

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 09-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #83
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

you're kidding me,liverpool just falling apart now. Man u now 2-1 up

Last edited by Kaleb; 09-23-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #84
B
[insert witty comment]

Football is a funny game, in the past few seasons we've went to Anfield. Played well & left with nothing.. however today we played very poorly. Our problem in the first half was Ryan Giggs mainly & Nani secondly. Carrick was actually playing well, however when he looked up to give the ball off Giggs wasn't giving him any sort of support.. we should never be playing Giggs in CM again. Either just off a striker on on the left wing.

Nani was horrific, gave the ball away everytime he had it & just couldn't even make a simple pass always had to try something clever. I'm glad Ferguson pulled him off because that was probably the worst I've seen him play in a United shirt.

As for the red card, when I first saw it I thought Evans was the one about to be red carded because it looked dangerous from the normal camera angle. But Shelvey's tackle was 2 footed, scissoring & he was the one that actually caught Evans in his upper thigh, whereas Evans got all ball. Both of them went in recklessly, however because Shelvey's was more reckless & caught the players leg rather than the ball, the referee had no real choice as it was a dangerous tackle.

United's penalty, no question. Johnson didn't touch the ball & more or less barged Valencia over from behind. Suarez's penalty shout, not for me at all, I felt Evans got a good toe on the ball & sent it away from goal & Suarez reacted like he'd been shot by a sniper. Never a penalty.

All in all, we didn't play well, but I'm happy with the victory. I'd rather play poorly & win than play well & get nothing.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #85
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I mean I hate to be repetitive but we should get rid of Nani, I know Hunter will disagree. But honestly, he can't even make a pass at this point.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #86
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

About the red card. It was almost identical to the challenge Evans made on Stuart Holden that tore his ACL. In that case, both players went studs up for a 50/50 ball but Evans saw red that day. I think who comes out worse in those challenges really factors into the decision making.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #87
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I mean I hate to be repetitive but we should get rid of Nani, I know Hunter will disagree. But honestly, he can't even make a pass at this point.
I do generally agree, there is talk off him wanting to be made one of United's top earners & talk of Inter supposedly offering some sort of package for around 25m.

I'm sorry, but Nani hasn't been anywhere near good enough to justify him being on the same sort or wage a Vidic, Rio, van Persie or Rooney. He should worry less about his wage & more about making better decisions on the pitch.

If we recieve a 25m offer for him I say we should part ways.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #88
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Did the Hillsborough memorial go ok? Were the fans well behaved?

Old 09-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #89
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
To me the game feels completely different, this new first touch thing means that Vidic is not gonna be able to pluck the ball from the sky with instant control like Berbatov.. maybe 1 time out of 10 he will do it. It also means if you repeatedly hold sprint for the entire game as some people do, your players stamina will go down & the more tired your players are the harder the ball can be to control while sprinting or receiving the ball.. in my opinion, it feels more realistic.

It means that you aren't gonna be able to be say Barcelona & repeatedly pump the ball out to Messi for the whole game, your gonna either have to take your time in a build up to give him time to recover from previous runs or find another alternative means of attack.

Defending has also been abit more fine tuned as well & I've personally noticed a difference in the attacking AI, which is something they said they worked on. Players hold their runs to remain onside for longer & they also make better runs depending on the player.

Try the demo first, but for me I didn't notice the biggest difference until I was the team I usually am in matches, Manchester United. Simply because I know how all of those players felt last year when in control of the ball.
Thanks for that. Has intrigued me enough to go and pick this up, cheers.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #90
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Did the Hillsborough memorial go ok? Were the fans well behaved?
fans sang 'United' during YNWA.... and sky were trying to claim a few MUFC fans were chanting during the silence.... but i've not seen any other reports on that.

I understand a number of Liverpool fans were arrested after the game for Aeroplane gestures....

Old 09-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #91
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Everything seemed to go smoothly on TV. I did hear United fans chanting during YNWA before the game, I don't know if YNWA was part of the tribute or just something regular they always do. We usually catch games right at the kick-off over here.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #92
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Everything seemed to go smoothly on TV. I did hear United fans chanting during YNWA before the game, I don't know if YNWA was part of the tribute or just something regular they always do. We usually catch games right at the kick-off over here.
Liverpool ALWAYS sing YNWA...

Old 09-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #93
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Well I know that lol, I meant right before the kick-off. It was almost liked they delayed the kick off to wait for them to stop singing.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #94
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

wow great late goal by arsenal to even the score 1-1

Old 09-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #95
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
fans sang 'United' during YNWA.... and sky were trying to claim a few MUFC fans were chanting during the silence.... but i've not seen any other reports on that.

I understand a number of Liverpool fans were arrested after the game for Aeroplane gestures....
Was the silence even on TV? I don't remember seeing it. I'm sure if fans were singing during a two minute silence it would have been abundantly clear & well heard if there was any chanting.

I definitely heard the United fans chanting'United, United'during YNWA.. however what did the Liverpool fans & the organisers expect during that period? Did they expect the United fans to join in singing their rivals song? Or remain silent during that period? Personally, I think it would be foolish to expect that of them. Now if it was a minutes applause, I'd have maybe said they should have joined in & not chanted.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #96
B
[insert witty comment]

Arsenal deserve 3 points if they can take them, City have played almost as bad overall as we did today. Arsenal have looked dangerous on every attack.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #97
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

would think that Arsenal have got to feel good about that result dispite it been a draw.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #98
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO View Post
I don't think that should've been a straight red, both guys went in with both feet. Ref jumped the gun.

Also...

I didn't even see that during match, really, really disrespectful from a guy that has accomplished nothing in the game to be giving abuse to one of the games greatest managers.

I suppose Ferguson was to blame though for Shelvey's decision to go into the challenge the way he did. Very Joey Barton esque like thing to do there.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #99
bapi
Side-Kick

Don't know if I should be happy or sad that I know City so well but almost 100 matches in 2 years... However, I was expecting something like this.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 09-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #100
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

In hilarious timing, I'm watching Being: Liverpool and Brendan Rogers pulls Jonjo aside during training tells him he's going to be a big player all he has to is make sure he tackles well. On the ball he tells him, stay on your feet.

Closed Thread