The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #126
Thebanewagon
Blah Bane Blah

Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

So my costume if finally coming together what do ya'll think? I'm still currently waiting my the right size boots to come in and the last piece the bracer which I'm super excited about is almost done but this is what I've got so far

Jbrown Mask
Costumebase Vest
Leather Niche Jacket
Crye Precision Combat pants AC
M43 WWII combat boots (still waiting on)
Custom Bracer by my fellow SSH member

Oh and about $300 worth of supplements to get in shape haha

Looking at the Jacket in this picture it does look really small... :/

Still need more mass but I still have another month!
Also this vest is nice but the front plate or piece or whatever it is, is waaay to big but I guess it doesn't look too bad..

And don't mind all of our junk in the corner also I will not be wearing a Volcom shirt I don't think Bane was into their clothing lol

Thebanewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #127
The Watchman
Balls McGee

Amazeballs.

I just blue myself
The Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #128
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisker View Post
whoah- whoah- whoah-whoah...whoa...who...wh...w...OMFG DID U MAAKE THAT?!?!?!? er mer gerd did u buy that?!?!? wtf man that is soo cool
This thread scares me sometimes

Old 09-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #129
Mysterynigma
Side-Kick

So I'm having a hard time pulling my jbrown mask over my freshly shaved head. It sticks and I have to pull it really hard. Any advice? Talcum powder or something?

Mysterynigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #130
Thebanewagon
Blah Bane Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnywhc View Post

I'm hoping it was sarcasm lol

Old 09-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #131
Thebanewagon
Blah Bane Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterynigma View Post
So I'm having a hard time pulling my jbrown mask over my freshly shaved head. It sticks and I have to pull it really hard. Any advice? Talcum powder or something?

Welp... I don't know lol I had to cut mine up the back if you couldn't notice to even get mine on I guess my head was a lot bigger than I thought lol I just have it held together with velcro inside it doesn't quite close all the way still but whatever looks awesome from the front!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #132
Thebanewagon
Blah Bane Blah

Also any advice on where to put some damn breathing holes I'm a smoker and this thing is killer wearing for more than a few minutes I need to quit I know but for the time being haha

Old 09-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #133
TanneRain
Bane'd User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisker View Post
whoah- whoah- whoah-whoah...whoa...who...wh...w...OMFG DID U MAAKE THAT?!?!?!? er mer gerd did u buy that?!?!? wtf man that is soo cool

cant wait to see it finished
It's Todd's mask. I have a Bane Pants coat on the way and have some some tactical pants with kneepads that do the part. Been trying for the vest for a while but can't find anything that is accurate enough or out yet.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #134
BlackHawk9790
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebanewagon View Post
Looks really good, man. Props!

Also, general question to the board on vests. Costumebase (as pictured above) and Colorsuits vests on ebay are the same price and appear to be identical. Is there a big difference in quality between the two? Reason I ask is the available stock changes from day to day, and if Costumebase didn't have the size I need when I am able to order, would Colorsuits be worth it without a big tradeoff in quality or should I wait in that case?

BlackHawk9790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:50 AM   #135
Aarondapastyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEINSANIAC View Post
Looks good! This is probably the best "budget Bane" mask available!

As for your question, it's been discussed. If I recall, it's recommended to pad it with thin foam to your liking first. Then any parts that still dig into your face you can trim down with a dremel...
Awesome, cheers.

Aarondapastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 AM   #136
VenomShock
Side-Kick

@thebanewagon

Several things:

A) You have decided for me my costume plan of action. Jbrown mask, costumebase vest. Those both look astounding.

B) Well, yeah, man. ****ing great costume! Well done, I am beyond impressed.

C) You need to build MORE mass? Jaysus! I'm not even close to that, I'm an all muscle skinny bastard (would make a great Spidey!) but I would consider less to be an acceptable TDKR Bane. You look the part as is, it's awesome. Great work on achieving that.

VenomShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #137
Thebanewagon
Blah Bane Blah

Lol thanks guys and yes more mass!

Old 09-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #138
Opiate
Side-Kick

Getting a bit more of the shape and measurements worked out on this side. Next will be the front, then other side before the detailing starts.

Last edited by Opiate; 09-25-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Opiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #139
pisker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnywhc View Post
haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebanewagon View Post
I'm hoping it was sarcasm lol
yeah i was just gawking at ur swagtastic mask

pisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #140
Ataraxis

Hey everyone...I'm looking to get into sculpting, facial makeup and masks mainly, but i need one of those heads with similar dimensions to my own. Where can I purchase a head cast to sculpt the clay on to? I'm not sure what their official name is or where is a good place to look for one? anyone help me out with info on that would be greatly appreciated!

Ataraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #141
Loviatar
Side-Kick

ataraxis- you can make your own, lots of tutorials on line showing how. or you can guy one. they are called many things: busts, head forms, etc
here is a link to one http://www.monstermakers.com/categor...ing-armatures/

Loviatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #142
VenomShock
Side-Kick

Here's a question for fellows. A couple actually (what the hell):

A) Does anybody have any tips regarding adding a voice changer to a Jbrown mask or something? I want to do that, I've just got no idea at the moment.

B) When it comes to Bane's size, what do you think is an acceptable size in the arms? I think I can make it believably big within the next month, but I have no idea just how big. I was taking a look at cosplayers on image searches to compare what I thought would be acceptable, and I just actually took a closer look at the costumebase vest model:

What do you think? Do you think it's an acceptable Bane size? I see myself getting bigger than that, but I still think it'll be around there.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #143
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

Acceptable size? Well, that's personal preference..but Tom's arms weren't huge for the role, so as long as you feel comfortable..I wouldn't worry. In saying that tho, I can't take that costumebase model seriously as Bane.

jonnywhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #144
VenomShock
Side-Kick

Okay. That makes me feel more comfortable about it. I think the main difference between me and at image, if I do infact reach that size, is that my arms would be completely toned muscle. I started out with essentially ZERO body-fat and hardly any muscle, you could literally fit my forearm between your index finger and thumb (it wasn't unhealthy anorexic skinny or anything, though. It was just... very skinny). Now I'm pretty muscular (not quite that, though) and it's essentially all muscle because there was nothing going toward burning fat, and I exercise like a bastard.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #145
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

If I were you id seriously up your food intake and cut all cardio, then lift and lift alot. The number one thing that made me jump up in size was eating alot more..always thought I ate alot..but really really wasn't...soon as I ate properly, I added over 150lbs.

What's your calorie/protein intake looking like? Training?

Old 09-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #146
Loviatar
Side-Kick

the strange posture of the model makes it a bit hard to judge how large his arms actually are. he looks like he was sticking out his chest and sucking in his gut and had JUST released it when this photo was taken. the kind of photo that somebody uploads to facebook and tags you in it and you groan because you look like a slug.
while hardy's arms may not have been all that big.. he projected an... aura of ..bigness? he seemed overpowering, impressive... beastly. so i'd say bigger is better, dont kill yourself trying to get big but i wouldnt worry about being "too big".

Loviatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #147
VenomShock
Side-Kick

Cardio hasn't been a part of it, so I'm good in that respect. My diet consists of: 2 eggs in the morning, a peanut-butter and jam sandwhich, a snack when I get home that usually varies (sometimes its been pogos, othertimes a few slices of delissio), 2-3 chicken breasts or fish fillets for dinner, various glasses of milk through-out the day, and a protein shake consisting of: a cup of oats, about a cup of cottage cheese, about 200+ml of milk, 2 tbsp of peanutbutter, a banana, some strawberries and a tsp of creatine (it's actually pretty tasty).

My workout currently is:

7sets of 20 push-ups (either regular or wide, depends on the day)
5 sets of 20 sit-ups
5 sets of 15 diamond-pushups
5 sets of 15-20 dips

I've been steadily increasing the reps as I've been doing it.

I don't get much time at my gym, but I can make it there every monday and tuesday for about an hour or two, sometimes other weekdays for an hour if I'm lucky. There I stick to free-weights, there isn't really any sort of method to my madness there, it's pretty trying various workouts to muscle failure, attempting the pyramid method at times.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #148
MJStephens
Side-Kick

I highly recomend Kris Gethin's DTP workout from bodybuilding.com. I've been working out for a while with pretty mediocre results, but I've started to see a little increase in size with this workout. But like Jonny was saying, it could just be the increase in food consumption.

MJStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #149
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

Hardy has an incredible way of shaping his posture and drawing your eye to certain areas that make him look beastly. Of course, the angles helped..but he carried it.

If you are serious about gaining more size, you should up your calories to about 18-20cals per lb of bodyweight, and 1-2g of protein per lb of bodyweight.

As for the workout, that's alot of push work and no pull work. And while bodyweight workouts certainly can gain size, I think more gym stuff is needed.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #150
MJStephens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
Getting a bit more of the shape and measurements worked out on this side. Next will be the front, then other side before the detailing starts.
Looking good. And is that an eagle I see in the circle? I used a quarter for the exact same spot on mine lol.

MJStephens is offline   Reply With Quote