The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 09-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #151
Opiate
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJStephens View Post
Looking good. And is that an eagle I see in the circle? I used a quarter for the exact same spot on mine lol.

thanks man, yea it's a quarter lol. I ended up having to make it a bit bigger, but it was good for a place holder. Here's an updated pic

Opiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #152
pisker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnywhc View Post
Acceptable size? Well, that's personal preference..but Tom's arms weren't huge for the role, so as long as you feel comfortable..I wouldn't worry. In saying that tho, I can't take that costumebase model seriously as Bane.
i couldnt agree more about that model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
thanks man, yea it's a quarter lol. I ended up having to make it a bit bigger, but it was good for a place holder. Here's an updated pic

lookin great

pisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #153
Thebanewagon
Blah Bane Blah

Hey Jonny tell me if I'm on the right path for gaining mass I'm kinda a chunky guy to begin with and I'm trying to lose some weight while bulking up what should my diet consist of cause the I have no idea what to eat so I've just been eating lighter but more frequently I've just cut out all sodas and fast food and anything I think would be considered unhealthy and I go to the gym 5 days a week doing a three day a week lifting regiment and two days of cardio and I work out 45 mins - an hour but if I should cut out cardio what should I do those days because my lift days pretty much cover everything I do tricepts biceps forearm and shoulders the first day cardio the next lift day chest and back and traps then cardio and ab stuff then the last day legs... I also take protein three times a day Ive stuck with a brand called optimum in the morning I take hydrowhey then I take NO explode preworkout scivation during workout then optimum hydro builder post workout then right before bed I take casein so I think I'm taking all the supplements I can haha oh and i take multivitamins omega 3 and cla for fat burning and it's definitely helping a lot but I feel like I'm not doing something right and my overall goal is to lose my gut but build up my chest traps and arms and I don't know if that is even possible lol

Thebanewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #154
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

Diet - I basically do a modified Leangains diet, which involves fasting.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

Im not overly strict, tbh. I have a massive cheat meal 1-2x a week. Even when I eat clean..it isn't boring. Don't have a boring diet!

Training - I do alot of fullbody workouts. I train like a Olympic lifter/strongman, so its alittle different, but frequency is the best thing for training..no matter what style you do. Have a look into workouts by Chad Waterbury, many free articles by him. Doing a bodypart 3x a week > once a week.

I do zero traditional cardio, only some strongman conditioning work. For fat loss...walking. Long walks + fasting will get you lean, fast. Running on a tredmill is something I'll never do again, as its boring and inefficient. A punchbag is far more fun! I do it HIIT style.

My traps are my best bodypart..too big lol..lots of powercleans and power shrugs are the best things, iv found.

Supplements - I only take whey and a multivitamin/mineral. Alot of products are pointless, imo.

Oh, and..your goals are totally possible!

Last edited by jonnywhc; 09-25-2012 at 11:59 PM.
jonnywhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #155
borommokot

hey all, been lurking this thread since part 1. I went to the premier dressed as Bane in the airplane scene(gfx mask, long sleeve thermal, no vest). Since then i got my hands on a costume base vest and it's decent BUT i dislike the color of the belt. I would like to remake the belt with more accurate color and material.

So to those of you that have made belts, or worked with cordura, which color best matches Bane's belt in the film?I'll most likely be swapping out the vinyl pads on the vest for darker brown vinyl and follow the Siq weathering technique

borommokot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #156
MJStephens
Side-Kick

I'm going with this color for my vest and belt:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CORDURA-FABR...item416aceb294

MJStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #157
Mysterynigma
Side-Kick

Does anyone know where to acquire the 4 small black clips on the the front lower belts on bane's vest? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Mysterynigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #158
Mysterynigma
Side-Kick

Also, banewagon what size costumebase vest is that?
Sorry for the double post. On phone so it's difficult.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #159
Thebanewagon
Blah Bane Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterynigma View Post
Also, banewagon what size costumebase vest is that?
Sorry for the double post. On phone so it's difficult.
I got a large vest and a medium belt the belt is too small I have a 34" waist and it's too small luckily the black leather part holds it together and the vest is the right size but the front plate part is a little too big and I have a 43"-44" chest

And thank you Jonny!! Real insightful I'll keep that info in mind for my workout from now on!

Thebanewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #160
MJStephens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Does anyone know where to acquire the 4 small black clips on the the front lower belts on bane's vest? Can't seem to find them anywhere.
Military mini pistol belt

MJStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #161
Mysterynigma
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJStephens View Post
Military mini pistol belt
Do you know if they can be purchased separately?

Old 09-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #162
THEINSANIAC
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do you know if they can be purchased separately?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Min...#ht_3040wt_935

THEINSANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #163
Krake

The Coat from banepants.com is very expensive, in Euro it cost over 241 via paypal -.-

Krake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #164
Banetico
Side-Kick

couple of pics of progress so far... I'm taking it slow guys. and I know the jacket is not accurate but it kinda looks like something Bane would have used at one time or the other. I will remove the patches to leave it full black. The cuffs and the back of the neck has loops in a clear khaki color that I will either dye black or remove.

I am still to receive the wristguard and buy the vest (will do that within the next 15 days) and my suede steeltoe combat boots are at the shoemaker's for extra modifications.

these where taken last night right after having received the pants and before I realized the kneepads could be removed and reattached at the right angle and with the plasctic pads point facing upwards.

I am 5'9" tall and weight 190 (was 211 a month ago). I have a natural broad back so that helps with the black jacket look but I started training in a gym about a month ago and I'm doing a lot of pushups at home. Will start pumping iron hard after october and will stop when I can pull the sewer fight scene look.

Any feedback will be welcomed but know that tis is a work in progress that I plan on finishing (at least costume-wise) in october.

cheers!

Banetico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #165
Mysterynigma
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEINSANIAC View Post
I meant separate from the belt.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #166
TylerHaslett
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate View Post

i would lessen the chin area more. its not as pronounced on the actual mask. i've seen every one make that part too big, and it makes the end result look like a mix between Thanos and frankenstein.
the sculpt itself those is looking awesome. you're doing a great job, and it will turn out awesome.

TylerHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #167
Opiate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerHaslett View Post
i would lessen the chin area more. its not as pronounced on the actual mask. i've seen every one make that part too big, and it makes the end result look like a mix between Thanos and frankenstein.
the sculpt itself those is looking awesome. you're doing a great job, and it will turn out awesome.
You're absolutely right about the chin, and I already took it down quite a bit after that pic. I actually shrunk everything down a bit.

Also, my ipod camera is kinda weird, and I resized the pic. It was big, but more squared than it looks.

Last edited by Opiate; 09-26-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #168
Ataraxis

@Loviatar - thank you! I think i will try my hand at making one since that's the way to get the most accurate sculpt for my noggin.

Ataraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #169
borommokot

Quote:
this is the closest i've found so far, but they're plastic.
http://www.rockywoods.com/Hardware-Z...-Slip-Keeper_3

borommokot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #170
Banetico
Side-Kick

Opiate. when taking pics of things that size try taking them at 2 to 3 feet distance. use zoom if you want but the lens needs to be at that distance or the object will deform starting with the central focus area getting bloated and doing a slight fish eye effect.

if you do the opposite and move too far the contrary effect will occur.

Banetico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #171
Opiate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banetico View Post
Opiate. when taking pics of things that size try taking them at 2 to 3 feet distance. use zoom if you want but the lens needs to be at that distance or the object will deform starting with the central focus area getting bloated and doing a slight fish eye effect.

if you do the opposite and move too far the contrary effect will occur.
That makes sense, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks man

Old 09-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #172
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebanewagon View Post
And thank you Jonny!! Real insightful I'll keep that info in mind for my workout from now on!
No problem man! Just pick a path your happy with and hammer away at it..you'll reach your goals sooner than expected!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #173
Loviatar
Side-Kick

mysterynigma.. the clips you are talking about are called keepers, or strap loops (depending on the source)
these things, right?

i found 2 things- they are not perfect but i have been looking for a while myself and this is the best thing i have found yet
in 2 inch: http://www.etsy.com/listing/10098477...ref=v1_other_2
in 1 inch: http://www.etsy.com/listing/10098254...ref=v1_other_2

hope that helps.

Loviatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #174
VenomShock
Side-Kick

I managed to free some more time in my schedule, luckily.

Hit the weights today, it REALLY did wonders, I can already tell.

I think I'm gonna shoot for this size, maybe slightly bigger:

VenomShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #175
pisker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banetico View Post
couple of pics of progress so far... I'm taking it slow guys. and I know the jacket is not accurate but it kinda looks like something Bane would have used at one time or the other. I will remove the patches to leave it full black. The cuffs and the back of the neck has loops in a clear khaki color that I will either dye black or remove.

I am still to receive the wristguard and buy the vest (will do that within the next 15 days) and my suede steeltoe combat boots are at the shoemaker's for extra modifications.

these where taken last night right after having received the pants and before I realized the kneepads could be removed and reattached at the right angle and with the plasctic pads point facing upwards.

I am 5'9" tall and weight 190 (was 211 a month ago). I have a natural broad back so that helps with the black jacket look but I started training in a gym about a month ago and I'm doing a lot of pushups at home. Will start pumping iron hard after october and will stop when I can pull the sewer fight scene look.

Any feedback will be welcomed but know that tis is a work in progress that I plan on finishing (at least costume-wise) in october.

cheers!
looking great

pisker is offline   Reply With Quote