The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 09-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #176
TylerHaslett
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banetico View Post
Any feedback will be welcomed but know that tis is a work in progress that I plan on finishing (at least costume-wise) in october.

cheers!

looks pretty cool. looks like all you "have" to do is just take an exacto knife to unstitch the patches and you're good to go. though if you do leave them, it would still look cool. i personally am starting to like the black coat bane appearance more than the full on brown trench coat

TylerHaslett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #177
alfonuxx

Hi guys I've been trying to get a hold of jbrown but no luck, pm box is full and I want a mask, any suggestions of how to get a hold of him? Or is anyone else selling masks here?
Thanks in advance!

alfonuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:51 AM   #178
Opiate
Side-Kick

one more pic before I go to bed. Spent a while after work resizing everything, especially the chin. back to it tomorrow.

Opiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #179
stricky345
Side-Kick

Great process on the sculpting so far!

I got a question:

What is the consent of what fabric is best for the vest front and back? I've seen a lot of people using condura lately but my choice would more be a sailcloth/canvas kind of fabric. As for the back I couldn't pin down a good one yet. Would be happy about pointers!

stricky345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #180
borommokot

Quote:
Originally Posted by stricky345 View Post
I've seen a lot of people using condura lately but my choice would more be a sailcloth/canvas kind of fabric.
tbh, i thought cordura was the best option until i discovered just how hard color matching is via computer monitor. I'd suggest whatever fabric you can get your hands on in person, to match the look and color. as for the mesh backing, no idea but i do remember one seller on ebay made and listed their materials. ill take a look for that list.

borommokot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #181
Banetico
Side-Kick

SIQ bane vest...

Anyone has one? if so how good is it? in pics it looks Really accurate (at least to me)

How much does it cost and is it worth it?

I was thinking about a costumebase one but I just saw pics of teh SIQ clothing vest and it looked damned good!

any insight anyone?

Banetico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #182
hurleyb6930
im so thor right now.

Siq is good. But you will not get it in time for Halloween if that's what you want it for. 750 regular price. Rush price is 950

hurleyb6930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #183
pisker
Side-Kick

Awesome Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerHaslett View Post
looks pretty cool. looks like all you "have" to do is just take an exacto knife to unstitch the patches and you're good to go. though if you do leave them, it would still look cool. i personally am starting to like the black coat bane appearance more than the full on brown trench coat
I agree too. The vest is cool and all but it makes you look kinda chubby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
one more pic before I go to bed. Spent a while after work resizing everything, especially the chin. back to it tomorrow.

W-O-W!!

pisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #184
coldnetwork

disregard this

Last edited by coldnetwork; 09-27-2012 at 07:09 PM.
coldnetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #185
Opiate
Side-Kick

Cant see your pic mate.

Last edited by Opiate; 09-27-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #186
Banetico
Side-Kick

yeah I got the price a few minutes ago. Too much for me.

looks amazing but that price I can't afford right now.

Has anyone tried cheating the vest under the jacket? like just the upper front half of the vest and plating and the straps to avoid the "chubby factor?"

I just found out that I am the exact same size and weight as Tom in Rises... the difference is that he's built like a tank and I have a lot of fat that I need to turn into muscle... Funny.

the good news is that I don't have to loose more weight as it is... just exchange fat for muscle!

Old 09-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #187
Loviatar
Side-Kick

hey all, been out of things for a few days. ran out of my pain meds and did not get another prescription til today. pain makes me angry, ya'll wouldnt like me when i'm angry.
anyway, found another passable coat today when i was out shopping for costume components. it's at target, men's dept. again, not perfect but will get the job done if anyone needs a coat last minute http://www.target.com/p/odin-new-yor...a/-/A-14139648

coldnetwork, they are line 24 snaps, or dot snaps (different manufacturers have different names for them). you can find them in fabric and craft stores, you need to punch a hole (size of hole is 3/32nds) and set the snaps with a setting tool and a dot anvil. jo-ann fabrics has them, some michaels have a leather aisle with an "e-z to do" kit put out by tandy, and tandy leather factory stores also carry snaps and setting tools. if you want shiny brass, most places will have them. if you want antique brass you have to find them online (i found some on etsy)

Loviatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #188
Banetico
Side-Kick

That jacket looks like with just a few minor changes will look perfect, nice find man!

Old 09-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #189
coldnetwork

Thanks for the official name Loviatar.

coldnetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #190
Opiate
Side-Kick

Quote:
yeah I got the price a few minutes ago. Too much for me.

looks amazing but that price I can't afford right now.

Has anyone tried cheating the vest under the jacket? like just the upper front half of the vest and plating and the straps to avoid the "chubby factor?"

I just found out that I am the exact same size and weight as Tom in Rises... the difference is that he's built like a tank and I have a lot of fat that I need to turn into muscle... Funny.

the good news is that I don't have to loose more weight as it is... just exchange fat for muscle!
Just remember that you cant bulk muscle and lose fat at the same time

Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #191
Banetico
Side-Kick

I have a question here....

This is Me (before loosing 20 punds of fat and my hair) with my proton pack

I was kinda thinking that since the straps for the pack are removable and the only piece of the vest that shows under the jacket is the V neck and a minimum of the plating, perhaps with the rubies deluxe costume I can modify the chest area, remove the pants, add the GB proton pack straps in a way that I can use them for both costumes and add the plating to the modded vest?

I mean the rubies costume is 40 bucks... instead of spending 200+ bucks in a vest that I wont use until about 6 months from now when I have the right arms and back for it thi may be a solution.

that way I can avoid the chubby factor too?

Or am I being just ridiculous? (wich happens quite often...)

Old 09-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #192
Banetico
Side-Kick

Quote:
Really?

interesting that my trainer said it could be done...

so... I still need to loose about 15 more pounds and then add those 15 pounds again i muscle growth...

so.. as I said above... 6 more months in the gym, here we go!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #193
Opiate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Really?

interesting that my trainer said it could be done...

so... I still need to loose about 15 more pounds and then add those 15 pounds again i muscle growth...

so.. as I said above... 6 more months in the gym, here we go!
Well they're opposing concepts. To lose fat requires a calorie deficit, but to add muscle requires you eat like a pig to support your body's repair cycle after all the heavy weight training.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #194
Banetico
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well they're opposing concepts. To lose fat requires a calorie deficit, but to add muscle requires you eat like a pig to support your body's repair cycle after all the heavy weight training.
Sounds quite logical...

Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #195
Opiate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sounds quite logical...
Yup. Diet is the most important part of losing weight. Figure out what your sedentary bmr is, then plan your daily calorie intake (accounting for any exercise) so that you have a deficite at the end of the day. 3500 calories equals a lb of fat, so to lose a lb a week would require -500 calories a day. Make sense?

Just make sure you absolutely dont end up with a net calorie intake of less than 1200 cals a day.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #196
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

Quote:
Yes you can.

Morning fasts accomplish this very, very well. It's not as simple as calories in/out.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #197
Opiate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnywhc View Post
Yes you can.

Morning fasts accomplish this very, very well. It's not as simple as calories in/out.
Morning fasts?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #198
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

Intermittent fasting. Leaves the morning to burn fat, and the evening to build muscle.

Plus, even if you don't fast, simultaneous burn/build is very common in those with good diets and workouts.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #199
Spamtron
THE MAN

Opi - some of your logic is correct in how to lose weight by dieting alone... but, you most definitely can burn fat while gaining muscle mass. There is way more to how the body processes food than just the number of calories. In fact if you are using that 500 calories a day you suggest cutting in diet during weight/resistance training, then you are actually building muscle using those calories that would otherwise sustain fat stores without the exercise. Also, you can burn fat and gain muscle from switching around what kind of calories you are in-taking while doing certain types of training, as in you can continue intake of 3500 a day, but switch the type of calories by cutting the carb calories out and replacing those with protein calories. Replacing breads, pastas, and cereals with meats and vegetables while doing heavy weight, low rep(6-10 count each set) training will still fuel the muscles for building/repairing from anaerobic workouts and at the same time use up your body's fat stores.
If you really want to shred faster while gaining muscle do high intensity training, where you do big heavy low rep movements (bench press for 6) supersetted immediately with high rep low weight isolated movements(20-25 reps light dumbbell flies) right after your full chest session has completed jumprope for 7-10 minutes and so on to the next weights section.
Another way to increase fat burn while muscle conditioning, do your training first thing after waking from a full sleep cycle with your only food intake being a large cup of hot water with lemon juice added. Your body is in a state to use fat stores as it's energy source for the workout due to being in it's fasting state of at least eight hours since last food intake before sleep.
Most folks won't need to go full shred and build routine for BANE, since a layer of fat is required for the correct look... just do a heavy weight low rep weight routine, such as basic power lifters' routines, while dropping your carbs a bit and upping your protein substantially.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #200
Opiate
Side-Kick

I was just being as basic as possible with the weight loss formula above. From everything I've read, heard and experienced, maintaining mass and burning fat is possible as long as you are adding in appropriate amounts of weight training to your excercise and diet routine. I think we may be talking about 2 different levels of fat loss though... I'm talking about burning 1-2 lbs of fat a week.