The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 09-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #201
hurleyb6930
im so thor right now.

Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Well I'm a ectomorph so what I get all pissy about is how hard it is to gain bulk when all I keep getting is more ton and cut. Damn body morph!!! Na I kid I am proud to be a ecto morph for sure! But still... Ha

hurleyb6930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #202
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

Yep, 1-2lbs a week - while gaining muscle - is totally possible, if one were to put in the effort with a smart plan. Problem is..most magazines mainly give misinformation to slow you down, making you buy their tied-in supplements. And most people do weak workouts, or use the cal in vs. cal out rule, and never loose much because its a slightly flawed concept when you can still be in a deficit and gain/remain fat, if your food sources/%'s aren't tweeked properly.

Also, no such thing as an ectomorph, only an under-eater seriously, the bodytype thing is a massive myth. But this is the costume thread..so I'll go into this elsewhere

Old 09-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #203
Banetico
Side-Kick

yeah what i need is to move 15 pounds of fat from my stomach and move it to my back, arms, traps, pecs and shoulders in muscle without loosing a single pound of weight hahahaha

sound easy huh??

Banetico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #204
hurleyb6930
im so thor right now.

I strongly believe in bodymorphs actually, just matter of opinion. And I don't under eat I get atleast 2800 calories a day of the right foods. ( paleo diet). Reason I know is my fitness pal app!

But you are correct jonny that we all have been sidetracked and need to get back on topic. That being of course bane!

Old 09-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #205
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

Somatotyping is a theory from a psychologist in the 1950s..he tested about 46 thousand untrained subjects. If I left a ''ecto'' in a room with a TV and a years supply of cake vs. his identical twin, who id leave a weight set and a years supply of chicken...who would still be an ecto after? Neither lol. One would look like he was always fat, one would look like he was on roids. Some gain easier, some need more food to do so, and some aren't lifting right.

What weight are you, Hurley? Technically, all this talk is Bane-related

Old 09-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #206
Opiate
Side-Kick

Th Cool Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Opiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #207
BlackHawk9790
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
Looking good, man! Looking forward to seeing it finished.

BlackHawk9790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:56 AM   #208
borommokot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
Well they're opposing concepts. To lose fat requires a calorie deficit, but to add muscle requires you eat like a pig to support your body's repair cycle after all the heavy weight training.
THIS

Unfortunately it's pretty true for the most part. Browse the bodybuilding forums, natural (and otherwise) and the general consensus as well as my own experience is that you can do only one or the other EFFECTIVELY. Yes, you can burn some fat while being overall anabolic in say a few months time, or build some muscle while cutting but the results will not be worth the time and effort.

For the best results and less frustration, focus on one goal; bulking or cutting. I've spent years in the gym trying to do both with mediocre result. Finally did a full cutting cycle last year, and dropped from 220 to 160lbs. Been bulking since April this year and strength and size have gone up.

tl;dr You can build muscle and lose fat with meh results, or you can chose one goal and get solid, definite results.

borommokot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:00 AM   #209
esotarious

I don't post much - but I was so excited when SiQ clothing finally finished my vest. Since I had no one else to show, I thought you guys might appreciate it

Thoughts?

esotarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:19 AM   #210
borommokot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnywhc View Post
Yep, 1-2lbs a week - while gaining muscle - is totally possible, if one were to put in the effort with a smart plan.
i didn't see this, till after i posted but i may disagree or at least add note on this. If you notice the programs like p90x or individuals that claim they built muscle while losing fat; they don't really build as much muscle as someone eating and lifting big. I do think you can build some muscle, but you will never get BIG unless you take in more calories and protein over time, i.e clean bulking or dirty bulking. But it's all about where you're at on the spectrum and which goal is more relevant, at the moment losing fat or building muscle.

I'm just speaking from my own experience and research but what you said about under eaters and sources of food is 100% dead on. Calories-in vs calories-out is the most basic idea, and a good place to start but you need to pay attention to macros; fats, proteins, and carbs in order to increase muscle and strength. I've been working out and doing martial arts for 8 years, but aiming for a Bane body is what got me reading into this and has gotten me my best results

Old 09-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #211
BlackHawk9790
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by esotarious View Post
I don't post much - but I was so excited when SiQ clothing finally finished my vest. Since I had no one else to show, I thought you guys might appreciate it

Thoughts?

Big props to Susie and her crew, that looks great. Congrats on scoring a vest, man. I had an email mixup, so I'm back in the November crowd. lol. Really looking forward to getting mine.

BlackHawk9790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #212
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

That vest is so prettttyyyyyy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borommokot View Post
If you notice the programs like p90x
One of the last things I would ever do is p90x

Quote:
and the general consensus..
..is something I rarely listen to when fitness is involved. Look at how most people look on bodybuilding forums...surprisingly small for a bodybuilding site, right? If I listened to the general consensus from most places, id be doing a boring body-part split and boring cardio, mixed with a chicken and broccoli diet. While I totally get what you're saying, and do partly agree, for most of the goals on here..a bulking diet isn't needed. Sure, more calories are, but nothing massive. Plus, clean bulks work much better than fat ones. I know i'll say this again and nobody will listen lol - fasting + long walks + heavy/frequent lifting + lots of good food/nice cheats = bigger and leaner/funner and quicker. Just came home from doing 10 sets of singles of rack Zercher squats with 320kg and a nice fullbody speed-circuit, all fasted, now eating some pure lovely 100% breast chicken nuggets! But i'll shh now

Last edited by jonnywhc; 09-28-2012 at 05:52 AM.
jonnywhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #213
borommokot

no, jonny you pretty much hit the nail on the head. it just requires alot of work and commitment; or at least more than you see from the average gym goer. so i just don't want people reading at a glance and thinking "if he's doing it, i can build muscle and lose fat easy".
What have your overall goals been for this project? I'm still working on getting those insane Tom Hardy traps lol

Old 09-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #214
bane 719
Side-Kick

How much was the Siq vest with the weathering...when all was said and done ...800-900??

bane 719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #215
hurleyb6930
im so thor right now.

Jonny my body weight is 182 last I checked. And body fat roughly 11 percent. And get this my goal is to get to 195 And see if I like the results of that. Who knows though. Ha

Old 09-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #216
mackle89

Has anyone on here gotten any of the wristguards that are on eBay? Are they any good?

mackle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #217
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

Quote:
no, jonny you pretty much hit the nail on the head. it just requires alot of work and commitment; or at least more than you see from the average gym goer. so i just don't want people reading at a glance and thinking "if he's doing it, i can build muscle and lose fat easy".
What have your overall goals been for this project? I'm still working on getting those insane Tom Hardy traps lol
Oh no, not easily. Its simple, but not easy! Gotta work very hard. For this..to go from about 15% to about 7% or so..just been so busy I haven't been able to get my morning walks in for quite some time. Just weighed myself and its 299lbs lol...never hit 300 traps, as iv said before..rack power-shrugs and powercleans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleyb6930 View Post
Jonny my body weight is 182 last I checked. And body fat roughly 11 percent. And get this my goal is to get to 195 And see if I like the results of that. Who knows though. Ha
In earlier posts you say how you struggle to gain more, and that you take in 2800 calories a day..at your weight, that's pretty much 15 calories per lb of bodyweight - maintenance level - so that may be why its taking awhile you should try at least 3200 calories, imo.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #218
banefreak87
"Havewestartedthefireyet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane 719 View Post
How much was the Siq vest with the weathering...when all was said and done ...800-900??
I recieved mine last week as well it was 750 including shipping but it will vary depending on your waist measurement. Overall though the vest is incredible and worth every cent, great job by susie!

banefreak87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #219
Banetico
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackle89 View Post
Has anyone on here gotten any of the wristguards that are on eBay? Are they any good?
I did got mine today and I love it. Looks pretty much dead on!

I got it from a guy named jkedhi on ebay for 20 bucks shipped.

I'll take proper pics tonights and upload man.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #220
BaneMAN99
New User - Level 0

What is the general consensus on how to make the mask yourself? I don't think I am going to mess around with latex, I've never really worked with clay either...Is their a simpler way to go about it? I have ideas for the little things like the fabric, foam, straws and what not...I've been browsing the thread and found a few youtube videos but seems like everyone is going 110% movie quality or spending hundreds on one someone else made. I'd like to make this a fun little project and want mine to look nice but it doesn't need to look like Tom Hardy himself sold it to me off his head lol. Any advice would be great, thanks!

BaneMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #221
borommokot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJStephens View Post
I'm going with this color for my vest and belt:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CORDURA-FABR...item416aceb294
Have you gotten this material in hand yet and does it look like a close enough match? i had initially ordered some tan cordura which is too dark, and got a sample of pale khaki which seems close but not what i want. So i just want to get confirmation about this

Old 09-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #222
Banetico
Side-Kick

Having nothing better to do i decided to make a new voice characterization test. No effects here, just me and the mask being silly... Let me know what you think guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rKa...e_gdata_player

Old 09-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #223
MJStephens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Have you gotten this material in hand yet and does it look like a close enough match? i had initially ordered some tan cordura which is too dark, and got a sample of pale khaki which seems close but not what i want. So i just want to get confirmation about this
I got it today, and it's a bit more green than it appears in the picture on eBay. It's not perfect, but I think it'll do for the outer vest. I ordered tan cordura literally right before seeing this post. It's for the belt. I hope it's not too dark.

MJStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #224
borommokot

wait, i was looking at the coyote cordura i have... lol, my bad. the tan i didn't like too much cause it seems a bit olive whereas in the pics i've seen his belt is more like a desert tan. i got mine here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300782345269 could work i suppose. i just hate trying to match color via internet

Old 09-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #225
MJStephens
Side-Kick

Quote:
wait, i was looking at the coyote cordura i have... lol, my bad. the tan i didn't like too much cause it seems a bit olive whereas in the pics i've seen his belt is more like a desert tan. i got mine here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300782345269 could work i suppose. i just hate trying to match color via internet
That's the tan cordura I just bought. I agree, though, color matching on the internet is no good.

MJStephens is offline   Reply With Quote