Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #401
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Wow I haven't thought about that, definitely an interesting perceptional observation. Do you think Trask will have a Napoleon Complex in this?
Quite possibly yes. You'd think someone who isn't "average" would be accepting of mutants. So it's very interesting. I wonder if him being a dwarf will in anyway effect the storyline.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #402
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
^
tho, you would think if they were still around during the OT timeline, there would've been at least one at the United Nations summit (in x1) with all the worlds leaders gather in one place
Well, it sounds like Singer needs to pull a Lucas and put one in the background of the UN summit and rerelease the movie on DVD/Bluray.

I honestly wouldn't mind if that were to ever happen...but it won't.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #403
CB Fan
The Watcher

This has the potential to be huge people have been waiting for the Sentinels and by people I don't just mean fans I mean the kids who have never read a comic a day in their life but remember the 90's series. I had a conversation with someone the other day who told me he wasn't a fan of the movies because they weren't like the 90s series he grew up on and he started naming a bunch of things he remembered and the sentinels came up and I was like 'you do know they're gonna be in the next movie right' and I could tell he had became interested in DOFP.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #404
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
You know, as a dwarf, I always found a little connection with Mutants. I find it highly ironic that Trask, being a dwarf, wants to kill them.
I've wondered about that too for a while. But according to the trask-industries site, he thought that the human race was at risk of extinction. If he truly believes that, I could see why he would throw in with his fellow homo sapiens. Or maybe he thinks that mutants will be seen as superior and regular humans will become marginalized.

Browsing the site, it's hard to parse out where the "real" scientific concern about the health and safety of humanity ends and the anti mutant propaganda begins:

The X-Gene in Humankind
Trask Industries’ scientists and engineers understand that gene mutations can occur frequently in all humans. However, these mutations range in magnitude and can manifest in lethal and dangerous forms if not detected and contained.

Inhibitor Collar
Using the principles of the MDD, Trask’s applied physicists and geneticists went on to develop the X-Gene Inhibitor Collar, a Trask-proprietary containment measure. The fitted device can be worn by individuals exhibiting pathological mutant gene expression and can be used to control dangerous impulses or actions.

It sounds like Trask might legitimately see the X-Gene mutations as a serious medical concern. Whether there's data to support that...I don't see any on the site other than vague mentions that some mutations are "pathological" or "dangerous".

Old 07-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #405
StarLord
Believe.

Are these Sentinels able to fly?

Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #406
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Whiplash* View Post
Are these Sentinels able to fly?
Yep. It says on the Trask Industries site they have jet propulsion if I'm remembering correctly.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #407
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
This has the potential to be huge people have been waiting for the Sentinels and by people I don't just mean fans I mean the kids who have never read a comic a day in their life but remember the 90's series. I had a conversation with someone the other day who told me he wasn't a fan of the movies because they weren't like the 90s series he grew up on and he started naming a bunch of things he remembered and the sentinels came up and I was like 'you do know they're gonna be in the next movie right' and I could tell he had became interested in DOFP.
I love the 90s series! It actually did DoFP really well. And it managed to tell Apocalypse stories that were coherent.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #408
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

The 90's animated series handled a lot of story-arcs more coherently than the comics...

Old 07-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #409
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Is it bad that Im super excited for this movie, I mean this is the film in which I am anticipating the most. The Sentinels look great and I think the size is great,being that we dont know what they are fully capable of. I mean we had human sized sentinels and they still were a threat to the X-Men. This movie is really shaping up to be awesome, and they are really pulling out all the stops.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #410
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Oh, I'm so excited for this movie that I've almost forgotten what else is coming out next summer...

Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #411
jasontodd
Superhero Enthusiast

Has there been any mention of Mastermold. Haven't been keeping up with Days of Future Past as much as other films though I think that will change.

Long Live Spectacular Spider - Man!!!!

Old 07-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #412
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

I'm on board with the theories that Hank looks normal due to the Inhibitor Collar, and that Xavier can walk later on in the 70s because of Trask Industries "DNA Generated Artificial Limbs".

Though of course, they eventually give up using those.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #413
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Hmmm based on pics, anyone getting the X-Men Evolution vibe here?

Now that you mention it. This does have a similar feel.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
Old 07-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #414
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Hmmm based on pics, anyone getting the X-Men Evolution vibe here?

That design was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the head, and then full design.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:56 PM   #415
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

The Sentinel looks good!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 07-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #416
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontodd View Post
Has there been any mention of Mastermold. Haven't been keeping up with Days of Future Past as much as other films though I think that will change.
Considering the Sentinels shown are from the past and they have mentioned a Mark X version in the future, I'm crossing my fingers that the Mark X is sort of like Mastermold. We'll have to wait and see and it's going to be a long and painful wait.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #417
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I think this does away with notion they aren't large in film.
They aren't that gigantic but they are at least two times bigger than the average human being so thats good!

And its good that we got a timeline!

Old 07-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #418
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Oh, I'm so excited for this movie that I've almost forgotten what else is coming out next summer...
This definitely tops my list, but I'm shocked how excited I am about all four Marvel movies next year, particularly GOTG, considering it's based on a comic I've never read, and Amazing Spider-Man 2, considering I haven't even gotten around to watching the first yet.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #419
Loki882
Side-Kick

I always thought that Beast had one of those simulation things like Kurt had in X-Men Evolution, and that's why he looked human in X2. Why would he willingly wear an inhibitor collar, that doesn't make sense to me? I agree about Xavier though,

Old 07-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #420
Obsidian Idea
Hear the rain...

Cool Re: The Sentinels

I forsee XOFP putting the X-movies back on the map. I really think this movie is going to open the flood gates for more X-based movies...

If they finish up the First Class trilogy...I want to see young Cyke, Storm and Jean introduced...only if any them aren't in this movie...

I'm ready for Apocalypse, Sinister, Marauders and Four Horsemen...bring 'em!

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Old 07-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #421
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Idea View Post
I'm ready for Apocalypse, Sinister, Marauders and Four Horsemen...bring 'em!
Me too! For X5/X6!

Old 07-31-2013, 12:57 AM   #422
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
That design was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the head, and then full design.
Exactly.

I agree I hope DOFP will be the thing that sets up that awesomeness of Future X-Men movies because everything is pointing to that. It would be awesome if X-Men 4 and First Class 2 will be happening in the same summer.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
Old 07-31-2013, 01:07 AM   #423
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman29758 View Post
Exactly.

I agree I hope DOFP will be the thing that sets up that awesomeness of Future X-Men movies because everything is pointing to that. It would be awesome if X-Men 4 and First Class 2 will be happening in the same summer.
DOFP is already both X-Men 4 and First Class 2.

The next film after DOFP that will feature the core four of First Class cast will be seen as First Class 3. Then the next film after DOFP that will feature the original cast or at least the modern-day X-Men will be seen as X-Men 5. DOFP can't be seen as Wolverine 3 even if it DOFP is set after The Wolverine, just because its Wolverine w/ his cast members from X1/X2/X3 and obviously its not a Wolverine-solo film.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:08 AM   #424
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Going by this It's possable

2011-The main events of the wolverine
2013-the events of the post credit scene
2018-the main future part of DOFP
2023-the hopeless future after the Mark X Is unleashed.

maybe they have deceded to retconn the events of trilogy to 2007/2008 going by the 10 years after last stand comments by Bryan Singer.
There would be no need "to retconn the events of trilogy to 2007/2008" considering they NEVER said the first trilogy happened in the 90's!!

Old 07-31-2013, 01:11 AM   #425
Mr. Dent

Where is everyone getting this distinction between "the main future part and hopeless future part" from?

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Closed Thread