Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 01:18 AM   #426
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Where is everyone getting this distinction between "the main future part and hopeless future part" from?
Their imaginations.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:18 AM   #427
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Where is everyone getting this distinction between "the main future part and hopeless future part" from?
There's a picture of Logan with white hair and a lot of people are saying thats the Wolverine from the hopeless future. With that we have

1973 (the past) - Prof X, Magneto, Mystique, Quicksilver, Beast, Wolverine, Trask
2013 (the present) - Wolverine, Storm, Kitty Pryde, Shadowcat, Rogue, Magneto, Prof X, Bishop, Iceman, Colossus
2023 (the future) - Wolverine, Blink?, Wolfsbane?, Warpath?

You know what I could see the future X-Men asking the modern-day X-Men to save the future of the mutant race by doing the wipe swap with the 70s/2010s Wolverine. Like as if they tried a lot of options to save the future and this is their last resort.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 07-31-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:20 AM   #428
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I figured. I'm pretty sure it started because for some reason people thought Bishop, Blink, and Warpath being together in the trailer meant they were further in the future or something.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:21 AM   #429
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
There's a picture of Logan with white hair and a lot of people are saying thats the Wolverine from the hopeless future.
That doesn't make sense...three years difference is not going to give him white hair. It's all the same future.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:25 AM   #430
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
That doesn't make sense...three years difference is not going to give him white hair. It's all the same future.
Umm you know the modern-day Wolverine might not have the white hair. There could be three Wolverines in this movie

1970s - bone claws
2010s - bone claws with adamantium bones, the Wolverine we saw in The Wolverine
2020s - Wolverine w/ white hair.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 07-31-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:34 AM   #431
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
People are deriving the additional future from the Comic-Con footage, quotes from Singer, and the timeline featured on trask-industries.com. According to the Comic-Con footage, there appears to be two distinct "present/future" timelines, one in which the X-Men appear relatively normal but far more comic booky and another in which grey haired Wolverine and a band of future mutants (Bishop, Blink, etc.) are fighting for their survival. According to Singer, the "present" takes place 10 years after The Last Stand (2013), and according to trask-industries.com the sentinel program, which debuted in 1973, is celebrating its 50th anniversary (2023) with an overhaul of the sentinel program and concentrating on the sole production of the Mark X, which was introduced in 2020.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:40 AM   #432
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Okay I'm so confused now. So there's a PRESENT timeline too? And Singer just revealed this at comic-con?

So there's past (1973), 10 years after First Class, present (2013) 10 years after TLS, and future (2023) 20 years after TLS? I thought Singer only said the future takes place 10 years after TLS.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:48 AM   #433
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Oh, haven't you heard? There's no fewer than 10 different time periods, every continuity error in the series will be fixed due to the time travel and Logan saves the future by shooting rainbows out of his ass.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:49 AM   #434
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay I'm so confused now. So there's a PRESENT timeline too? And Singer just revealed this at comic-con?

So there's past (1973), 10 years after First Class, present (2013) 10 years after TLS, and future (2023) 20 years after TLS? I thought Singer only said the future takes place 10 years after TLS.
Singer does say that the "present" takes place 10 years after The Last Stand, but people began to question that after seeing the Comic-Con footage and are now questioning it even more with the trask-industries timeline confirming the introduction of the Mark 10 in 2020 and the 50th anniversary of the sentinels' debut in 1973.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #435
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Oh, haven't you heard? There's no fewer than 10 different time periods, every continuity error in the series will be fixed due to the time travel and Logan saves the future by shooting rainbows out of his ass.
Sounds about right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Singer does say that the "present" takes place 10 years after The Last Stand, but people began to question that after seeing the Comic-Con footage and are now questioning it even more with the trask-industries timeline confirming the introduction of the Mark 10 in 2020 and the 50th anniversary of the sentinels' debut in 1973.
How do we know when TLS took place?

Old 07-31-2013, 03:20 AM   #436
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

That is true, the movies do take place in a vague "not too distant future."

Old 07-31-2013, 04:24 AM   #437
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
There's a picture of Logan with white hair and a lot of people are saying thats the Wolverine from the hopeless future. With that we have

1973 (the past) - Prof X, Magneto, Mystique, Quicksilver, Beast, Wolverine, Trask
2013 (the present) - Wolverine, Storm, Kitty Pryde, Shadowcat, Rogue, Magneto, Prof X, Bishop, Iceman, Colossus

You know what I could see the future X-Men asking the modern-day X-Men to save the future of the mutant race by doing the wipe swap with the 70s/2010s Wolverine. Like as if they tried a lot of options to save the future and this is their last resort.
Wait are we sure 2013 is the present in the main X-Men universe? Starting from the first film I thought we were to believe the X-Men trilogy takes place in the "near future" as it is written on screen?

I sort of took that to mean they are about 10 years ahead of us starting from the first movie.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:07 AM   #438
nightwing06
Side-Kick

The design of the Sentinels look more like The Iron Giant

Old 07-31-2013, 05:13 AM   #439
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
People are deriving the additional future from the Comic-Con footage, quotes from Singer, and the timeline featured on trask-industries.com. According to the Comic-Con footage, there appears to be two distinct "present/future" timelines, one in which the X-Men appear relatively normal but far more comic booky and another in which grey haired Wolverine and a band of future mutants (Bishop, Blink, etc.) are fighting for their survival. According to Singer, the "present" takes place 10 years after The Last Stand (2013), and according to trask-industries.com the sentinel program, which debuted in 1973, is celebrating its 50th anniversary (2023) with an overhaul of the sentinel program and concentrating on the sole production of the Mark X, which was introduced in 2020.
Quote:
Thank you.

Poni_boy was there. He saw the SDCC footage and I trust his deductions from what he saw. The scenes with Wolverine, Warpath, Sunspot, etc., to him, seemed like they lived in a much darker, wartorn world. He said that footage looked distinctly different from the footage of our X-Men. Wolverine had greying hair in the scenes with Warpath and Bishop, not in the scenes with Professor X, Magneto, Rogue and everyone else. His words. So yes, there is a "present" and a "future". The future mutants also had "X-Force" type costume as opposed to the black of our team and according to someone else, they had "dramatic Mad Max-y makeup". Our team did not.

As you say, there's no way, with the release of the Mark X in 2020, that we won't see a period of the film that takes place after that point.

I imagine the original film was given the tag "the not too distant future" because they didn't want to stamp a date on it, but it very much seems to be early 00's.

Last edited by Double B; 07-31-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:19 AM   #440
Angamb
Banned User

since the moment Singer showed the young Magneto prologue set in th3 40's, he already set a time period for the movies.

Young Magneto was... what? 8 years on the prologue?, so old Magneto had around 60 years on X1, at MOST.

No way X1 was set in 2010, if so Magneto would have 70 years old on X1 and no way he had that age, lol.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:27 AM   #441
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

He was more like 12 likely didn't look that young. So assuming that scene was as late as 1945 that would put magneto's birth at 1933 making him 67 in 2000 which would seem plausible.

It is possible the "near future" reference was just done to not date the film too much on future viewings?

Old 07-31-2013, 05:36 AM   #442
Angamb
Banned User

8-10-12 years old.... more or less in the same line.

But yeah, the not too distant future was just a cool line to dont be specific and have "a bit" more freedom on posterior movies.

But FC set the movies on real life events too, so theres no much space to speculation anymore, lol.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:22 AM   #443
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

Trask's 'Mutant Detection Device' looks like a flattened computer mouse.

Last edited by StarLord; 07-31-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:36 AM   #444
Angamb
Banned User

I thought the same when I saw it

and to me the collar design looks too simple for Singer's style

Old 07-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #445
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Wait are we sure 2013 is the present in the main X-Men universe? Starting from the first film I thought we were to believe the X-Men trilogy takes place in the "near future" as it is written on screen?

I sort of took that to mean they are about 10 years ahead of us starting from the first movie.
I always figured it like this... the first 3 movie were released over the course of 5-6 years, but the events of those movies only happen over the course of 1-2 years
so, though, the first movie was tagged "not too distant future" we were probably caught up with the true timeline by the third movie

so, I'd say the events of the first movie was probably set around 2004-2005, still making it the "not too distant future"

Quote:

even with the third timeline, whats still confusing to me, is if they can time travel from the 2020's timeline why only go back 10 years, why not go all the way back?

it would seem either they don't know when it all started, or their time travel ability is very limited

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 07-31-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #446
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

We still don't exact timeframs of OT.At viral site I could see X-Men/X2 taking place around 2007,last Stand around 2008,The wolverine around 2011,post credit scene around 2011 and main future of DOFP around 2018 with more hopeless future around 2023.

X2 takes place at most a month after X-Men.With last stand obviously It's a bit harder but at most I can't see more than 1 year passing.

There Is no gurantee the so called "Present" will be 2013.

Don't try to make sense of Xavier and Magneto's ages.It just gets confusing.

There Is very good chance Bishop Is teleported by Blink from 2023 to so called
"Present" and after that Is when the desperate mind switch gambit is launched to prevent war with sentinles.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #447
Mars123
Side-Kick

I'm pretty sure days of future past is mainly 2023 and 73 as this is what's mainly been discussed and mentioned officially.

I reckon they may only go to 2013 at the very end to see what changed..... Is the after credit scene in Wolverine set in 2013?!

Last edited by Mars123; 07-31-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #448
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Possibily.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #449
Mars123
Side-Kick

Ooooo maybe, wolverine arrives at the airport Not finiding the people as he did in wolverine and instead makes his own way to the xmansion to find cyclops and jean alive! Then black out, then we will all be wondering "what the hell?! When's xmen 5!!!"

Old 07-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #450
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
We still don't exact timeframs of OT.At viral site I could see X-Men/X2 taking place around 2007,last Stand around 2008,The wolverine around 2011,post credit scene around 2011 and main future of DOFP around 2018 with more hopeless future around 2023.

X2 takes place at most a month after X-Men.With last stand obviously It's a bit harder but at most I can't see more than 1 year passing.

There Is no gurantee the so called "Present" will be 2013.

Don't try to make sense of Xavier and Magneto's ages.It just gets confusing.

There Is very good chance Bishop Is teleported by Blink from 2023 to so called
"Present" and after that Is when the desperate mind switch gambit is launched to prevent war with sentinles.
I like to think X2 takes place a couple months after... I know Cyclops says "a month ago" but he could technically mean "month after month you've been getting worse"... Everyone just looks different and older. Everyone has new haircuts, Cyke has a new visor... At least I pretend so.

And TLS at least a year after. There's a new President and Beast is secretary... Most people are over Jeans death except Cyclops. When Wolverine says "when jean died..." it sounds as if it happened awhile ago.
Also Jeans hair grew a lot.

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 07-31-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Closed Thread