The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 04:46 PM   #926
DOFP
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Sentinels

So the sentinel is a combination of mystique and rogue? Is that why rogue is/was captive . . .

Old 01-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #927
StarLord
Tech Noir.

They kidnap her in a mall.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #928
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Nah its likely they will wanna put there all into Lawrence as mystique, it would just confuse having them in same film and Lawrence has a more important role as mystique

Old 01-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #929
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

I've been letting my imagination go and thought it was a combo of Rogue, Mystique and Cerebro. Shapeshifting scales, power mimicry, and some ability to track/hunt down mutants. The scales/panels really remind me of the panels in Cerebro, that display images of whatever Prof X is seeing when he latches onto a mutant.

If the Cerebro thing is deliberate and not just a coincidence, would that also tie in with the rumor that was floating around of Rogue being imprisoned in the lower level of the X-Mansion (where Cerebro is located) being converted into a lab for experiments? When I heard the rumor, I was like, why would she be so special as to be the only one imprisoned there? It would make sense if they were experimenting on her for her DNA to give the Sentinel the ability to power mimic.

If she's also edited out of the movie, it could also be easily said/explained without Rogue actually appearing in the movie like Endzone said.

Last edited by Psylocke's Bro; 01-28-2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: edit
Old 01-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #930
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Nah its likely they will wanna put there all into Lawrence as mystique, it would just confuse having them in same film and Lawrence has a more important role as mystique
In a movie about time travel and mutation, let's not introduce two different actresses to play Mystique because it will be too confusing for the audience?

Old 01-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #931
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
In a movie about time travel and mutation, let's not introduce two different actresses to play Mystique because it will be too confusing for the audience?
lol, I'd want the Sentinel to shapeshift into Rebecca and hunt down the JLaw Mystique. Or if they do take the DNA of JLAW mystique and her character is killed or whatever, then the Sentinel can shape shift into Rebecca. Ha!!

Old 01-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #932
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Lightbulb Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
When she has a slow ageing thing, yeah abit, I honestly think she will be dead in future like beast

Young and old doesn't apply in the same way

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-28-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #933
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke's Bro View Post
I've been letting my imagination go and thought it was a combo of Rogue, Mystique and Cerebro. Shapeshifting scales, power mimicry, and some ability to track/hunt down mutants. The scales/panels really remind me of the panels in Cerebro, that display images of whatever Prof X is seeing when he latches onto a mutant.

If the Cerebro thing is deliberate and not just a coincidence, would that also tie in with the rumor that was floating around of Rogue being imprisoned in the lower level of the X-Mansion (where Cerebro is located) being converted into a lab for experiments? When I heard the rumor, I was like, why would she be so special as to be the only one imprisoned there? It would make sense if they were experimenting on her for her DNA to give the Sentinel the ability to power mimic.

If she's also edited out of the movie, it could also be easily said/explained without Rogue actually appearing in the movie like Endzone said.
That makes it worse imo. Have her there and have her killed on screen then, cameo execution.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #934
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I forgot to mention if it wasn't obvious enough, the lynchpin is obviously Mystique. Obviously.

Last edited by EnDz0n3; 01-28-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:10 PM   #935
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
That makes it worse imo. Have her there and have her killed on screen then, cameo execution.
Well I would prefer her to be in the movie of course. Huge on that.

But… it would probably be the most emotional thing if they just mentioned her as taken and never seen or found again… or they went looking for her and knew where she was but the mission failed and they had to fall back without ever even seeing her… that would not be a disservice to her character but it would probably be the absolute saddest way of handling it i can think of….

Old 01-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #936
usagicassidy
Side-Kick

Don't really understand why so many people want "comic-faithful" Sentinels. They're a little ridiculous looking and not that menacing. (Plus since their introduction, Sentinels have changed shape/form/size/style many times in the comics, so there's no one "faithful" version, unless you're considering the 90's animated version, which is perhaps the silliest looking of them all)

Old 01-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #937
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

The future Sentinels are scary as f***. They look like Satan walking.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:19 PM   #938
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I'm so happy we never got the Sentinels in X2 (the rolling ones). Too bad we still have that monstrosity from X3 to deal with though.

I love both Past and Future Sentinel designs!

Old 01-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #939
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagicassidy View Post
Don't really understand why so many people want "comic-faithful" Sentinels. They're a little ridiculous looking and not that menacing. (Plus since their introduction, Sentinels have changed shape/form/size/style many times in the comics, so there's no one "faithful" version, unless you're considering the 90's animated version, which is perhaps the silliest looking of them all)
it's the way comic book fans work. Deviation equates to digression.
I do think it sucks they went for all black though. It's just so overdone everywhere. From terminator salvation to even this robocop...
A red face would have been a cool nod to nimrod.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #940
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm so happy we never got the Sentinels in X2 (the rolling ones). Too bad we still have that monstrosity from X3 to deal with though.

This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #941
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

I wonder how long the x-men are going to last battling the mutants.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #942
icekid
Side-Kick

I think the future Sentinels look damn great. A lot of potential to take on some cool forms. If they were like the comic versions. It be silly. Two words: ROBOT MUSCLES.... i don't even get why that would be okay on screen.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:52 PM   #943
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't like the X2 rolling Sentinels idea. The actual X3 design of the Sentinel head didn't look bad imo. But teasing them like that definitely sucked.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #944
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

^ I liked the idea of the X-men training against a Sentinel in X3. It was the design of the head and the execution of the entire scene that was terrible.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #945
def28
Side-Kick

Execution of the scene sure, size was off but the Sentinel head design looked like a Sentinel. I never got that complaint.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:06 PM   #946
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I disagree about design looking like a Sentinel. It looks like a robot design from another franchise that I can't quite put my finger on.

And it looked cheap. <That's mostly my complaint.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #947
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
I'm looking forward to the Mark X killing a bunch of muties. It looks like it could be fun to watch in motion.

omg Muties!! Haven't heard that since TAS. Have they used that in the movieverse??

Stinkin' Muties!

Old 01-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #948
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I disagree about design looking like a Sentinel.
It looks pretty obviously like a Sentinel head imo. If you showed an X-Man fan it they would be able to say what it is pretty easily. But yeah, agree to disagree there. Scene sucked and that's what hurt it

Old 01-28-2014, 10:17 PM   #949
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

That Sentinel cameo in X3 was just pointless. Thank god we got DOFP if only because Sentinels are the major threat and they're using their most well known story.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:23 PM   #950
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:

Yea those X2 Sentinels looked horrible...

Closed Thread