The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #126
gkokujin
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in a house
Posts: 2,445
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
god I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that design.

__________________
If you are offended, remain offended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #127
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,392
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
I came cross these, not sure if their "official" concept art, or not
but, their still pretty cool designs...


Awesome. I've never seen these before. I think I like the second one the best.

BMM is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #128
gkokujin
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: in a house
Posts: 2,445
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
I came cross these, not sure if their "official" concept art, or not
but, their still pretty cool designs...
this one is not bad.
Not perfect but somewhat acceptable.


I just want to hear "SURRENDER MUTANT" in a deep barreling voice like XTAS

__________________
If you are offended, remain offended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #129
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,131
Default Re: The Sentinels

Yes the same voice from the animated series!
This would be a cool way to introduce the Sentinels

Maybe even at the epilogue of The Wolverine

Great Mind(s) is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #130
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 482
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
I came cross these, not sure if their "official" concept art, or not
but, their still pretty cool designs...
Great find Spider-Fan! I've never seen those concepts, but you can see Guy's name in the bottom, so I imagine they're from the production of X2.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really liked the design that came out of X2, it's a clever concept of mobility.




Super Film is online now  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #131
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
this one is not bad.
Not perfect but somewhat acceptable.
That's the best of the three images. I'm not too fond of the proportions - no neck! Makes it look a bit odd. The comic book artwork is far superior.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:59 AM   #132
Glutton
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Romania
Posts: 137
Default Re: The Sentinels




Glutton is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:56 AM   #133
huzzah
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 609
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Great find Spider-Fan! I've never seen those concepts, but you can see Guy's name in the bottom, so I imagine they're from the production of X2.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really liked the design that came out of X2, it's a clever concept of mobility.
Not clever at all. It was done in Star Wars and why be inside a wheel or sphere when you can fly?

huzzah is online now  
Old 02-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #134
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,392
Default Re: The Sentinels

Because having a bunch of sentinels fly through New York probably isn't the best way to keep a low profile when trying to covertly invade a school full of children...

BMM is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 07:20 AM   #135
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,033
Default Re: The Sentinels

Sentinels don't care about being covert.

Thry symbolize blatant martial law or an inescapable police state.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now  
Old 02-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #136
Super Film
Side-Kick
 
Super Film's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 482
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
Not clever at all. It was done in Star Wars and why be inside a wheel or sphere when you can fly?
Well excuse me.

What's so clever about a flying anthropomorphized robot? And whether the concept has been done before in another film is moot--giant robots are FAR from an original or new concept in film anyway. I still think the wheel design is a clever way to ground an outrageous concept closer to reality without taking away the giant robot.

Super Film is online now  
Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #137
Storm22
Side-Kick
 
Storm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: The Sentinels

I would prefer if they avoided the wheel concept, especially after Star Wars and Transformers. The Sentinels should have a large intimidating presence at all times imo.

__________________
"You homosapiens and your guns!" - Magneto
X-Tremely Proud Member Of The Storm Squad!
Storm22 is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #138
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,131
Default Re: The Sentinels

I think they could combine the idea. Have the smaller wheeled Sentinels and larger flying Sentinels. Who is to say they need ONE model

Great Mind(s) is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #139
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,886
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Sentinels don't care about being covert.

Thry symbolize blatant martial law or an inescapable police state.
This.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #140
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,033
Default Re: The Sentinels

Forget the wheels and exposed wire. Keep it simple.


MessiahDecoy123 is online now  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #141
huzzah
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 609
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Well excuse me.

What's so clever about a flying anthropomorphized robot? And whether the concept has been done before in another film is moot--giant robots are FAR from an original or new concept in film anyway. I still think the wheel design is a clever way to ground an outrageous concept closer to reality without taking away the giant robot.
So a bunch of Sentinels come rolling down the road carefully negotiating 90 degree corners and obeying traffic signals...they didn't spot the major road works ahead of them and they all disappear down a huge pit Way to go Sentinels!

What good are they against a flying mutant?

huzzah is online now  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #142
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,392
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Sentinels don't care about being covert.

Thry symbolize blatant martial law or an inescapable police state.
That particular sentinel design was developed for X2, and while sentinels may not care about being covert, the US Government sure as hell does, especially the President.

As for Days of Future Past, I'm sure they will use something different.


Last edited by BMM; 02-03-2013 at 12:43 PM.
BMM is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #143
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,892
Default Re: The Sentinels

The Sentinels stand for a rule of total terror, so I don't think they would roll around in wheels unless they wanted an element of surprise. Even then, by the time they had unfurled from inside the wheel, people would have chance to run away!

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #144
Storm22
Side-Kick
 
Storm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,701
Default Re: The Sentinels

Agreed. I think it all depends on whether or not they want Sentinels to be stealthy/discreet or an intimidating and enforcing presence. As BMM said, the design above would have fitted well in X2 as it would have been the first time the govt. issued them. In DOFP however I'd imagine Sentinels have been around for a while.

__________________
"You homosapiens and your guns!" - Magneto
X-Tremely Proud Member Of The Storm Squad!
Storm22 is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #145
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,392
Default Re: The Sentinels

Exactly. In X2, they were worried about the perception of Stryker invading the school, especially should anything happen to one of the children... so the sight of a bunch of mutant hunting, killing machines lumbering toward a school for gifted youngsters probably wouldn't have played too well. In Days of Future Past, we're beyond that.

BMM is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #146
jacobed
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,646
Default Re: The Sentinels

Why are Sentinels in this movie. Dumb, dumb dumb. An actual sequel to First Class is all I wanted now they're bringing back just about every character 3 who I could careless about. Really Iceman, Rogue, and Kitty Pryde. they were terrible. Don't even get me started on Storm. Bleh. if McAvoy and Fassbender lose any screentime to anyone from the original eh it won't be worth seeing.

jacobed is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #147
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Yes the same voice from the animated series!
This would be a cool way to introduce the Sentinels

Maybe even at the epilogue of The Wolverine
if we end getting some shots like this....



I really hope Singer surprises both haters and fans with this movie. He HAS to

Angamb is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #148
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick
 
GREEN =w= DAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tijuana/San Diego
Posts: 5,600
Default Re: The Sentinels

the Sentinels don't need to be the size of skyscrapers. i think having them be around 10-15 feet would be ideal. not exaggeratedly tall, but still just as menacing.

GREEN =w= DAY is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #149
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,514
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
the Sentinels don't need to be the size of skyscrapers. i think having them be around 10-15 feet would be ideal. not exaggeratedly tall, but still just as menacing.
Yeah, they dont need to be but it would be pretty rad if they were.

def28 is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #150
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,886
Default Re: The Sentinels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Why are Sentinels in this movie. Dumb, dumb dumb. An actual sequel to First Class is all I wanted now they're bringing back just about every character 3 who I could careless about. Really Iceman, Rogue, and Kitty Pryde. they were terrible. Don't even get me started on Storm. Bleh. if McAvoy and Fassbender lose any screentime to anyone from the original eh it won't be worth seeing.
lol! Someone is disappointed.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.