The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Which of these upcoming films has the best chance of getting a 2nd movie?
Ant-Man 5 13.51%
Fantastic Four 13 35.14%
Guardians of the Galaxy 23 62.16%
None 1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Question Which of these upcoming films has the best chance of getting a 2nd movie?

I think the Fantastic Four reboot has the best chance. For Ant-Man/Guardians of the Galaxy, I see them as a stand-alone movie then after that they would just appear in other MCU movies.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Which of these upcoming films has the best chance of getting a 2nd movie?

Imo, Guardians of the Galaxy should just be standalone since it makes the most sense with it tying to Thanos and everything going forward with The Avengers 2.

I don't know much about Ant-Man to think it could have a sequel.

Fantastic Four has the bigger chance of becoming a great franchise with the right guys behind the films.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Default Re: Which of these upcoming films has the best chance of getting a 2nd movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Fantastic Four has the bigger chance of becoming a great franchise with the right guys behind the films.
If FOX hires the right people then they could have the same success with the X-Men film series.

The first two FF movies weren't good and did okay at the box-office but if they were as good as the good X-Men films, they would have earned more money and maybe at this point, FOX have already released a fourth movie.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

GOTG shouldn't be a standalone. It's Marvel next team up series and Disney second space movies outside Star Wars. If you know the comics, many stories could be told for the iterations.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:07 AM   #5
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

if GOTG and Ant-man are at least moderate successes then they are guaranteed to get sequels.

lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:47 AM   #6
Silvermoth
Avenger

I hope the guardians do. I'm hoping for a full annihilation thing going on

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #7
BlackFox
Kuzuri

If they do well at the box office they will get sequals all of them. Its all about the $ at the end of the day, if nobody goes to see them because they suck or are poorly promoted then its not going to happen.

Im interested to see how GOTG goes down as outside of the US Im not sure how many people have heard about them compared to say Avengers or Batman unless your a hardcore fan.

HAWKEYE PUNISHER WOLVERINE WAR MACHINE

DREDD
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #8
BlackFox
Kuzuri

I'll vote F4 as the first one of those got a sequal even though it wasn't the greatest comic book film ever made lol!

HAWKEYE PUNISHER WOLVERINE WAR MACHINE

DREDD
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #9
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

I want to believe all of them.

Iron Man 3 was the perfect example of a much hated movie by a good chunk of audience that did amazing in the box office so if these films make even a third of Iron Man 3's money a sequel is guaranteed.

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #10
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Far too early to tell. If we're going on name recognition alone, then FF takes that one, but we all know it depends on the crowd reaction and box office take.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #11
Mr. Dent

Guardians.

I'd bank on Fox ****ing up again and Ant-Man doesn't have a lot if material to pull from as a solo character for multiple films.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #12
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Guardians.

"Inside sources" behind all the recent GOTG casting rumors are already talking about the future in Marvel Studios for John C. Reilly, Lee Pace, and Benicio Del Toro. Rather than indicating spinoff movies, this is more likely pointing to GOTG already in franchise mode, with a sequel already getting mapped out unless the box office turns into a John Carter disaster.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #13
Wontkins
Banned User

God I would really hate it if GoTG was just there to introduce Thanos...

Wontkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #14
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Guardians.

"Inside sources" behind all the recent GOTG casting rumors are already talking about the future in Marvel Studios for John C. Reilly, Lee Pace, and Benicio Del Toro. Rather than indicating spinoff movies, this is more likely pointing to GOTG already in franchise mode, with a sequel already getting mapped out unless the box office turns into a John Carter disaster.
Those actors could just be appearing in other MCU films, not in a GOTG sequel.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #15
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Ant-Man and The Fantastic Four.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #16
JJmelo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Guardians.

I'd bank on Fox ****ing up again and Ant-Man doesn't have a lot if material to pull from as a solo character for multiple films.
Guardians does seem like the most likely, Through Guardians they can set up all their other Cosmic characters and even switch up team members if things get stale.

I'd say Ant Man has enough story for a ton of films, plus we have 2 possible people to put in the suit (Pym and Lang). You could have the first one as Pym, run through his story for a sequel or two and once people get bored of him u can semi reboot the franchise with Lang donning the suit and go through all of his adventures. Pym himself has gone through so many different alter egos in the comics that you could mine that crap for years.

JJmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #17
Mr. Dent

I'm pretty sure Wright has already said the movie will be based on To Steal An Ant-Man and will feature bother Pym and Lang. Which cuts even more material they could use for a sequel. Ant-Man just doesn't have a lot, hardly any really, solo stories. He's a completely Avengers character. The only solo comic he's ever had (excluding Irredeemable Ant-Man which is something different) was his run as the main character in Tales to Astonish back when he was first introduced.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
Old 06-25-2013, 02:00 AM   #18
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Those actors could just be appearing in other MCU films, not in a GOTG sequel.

Sure, they *could* be, but as I said, it's unlikely that Marvel Studios would waste precious 2-a-year slots on obscure to *very* obscure cosmic spinoffs, as opposed to more obvious "safe" bets with bigger superhero names in their harem, like Panther, Cage, Marvel, Strange, DD, Iron Fist, and even Ghost Rider and Blade. Unless Marvel wants to move a large chunk of the MCU into strange new worlds and new life and new civilizations (cue Trek theme), it would seem to be a smarter business move to consolidate the outer space stuff into one franchise.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:04 AM   #19
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I'm pretty sure Wright has already said the movie will be based on To Steal An Ant-Man and will feature bother Pym and Lang. Which cuts even more material they could use for a sequel. Ant-Man just doesn't have a lot, hardly any really, solo stories. He's a completely Avengers character. The only solo comic he's ever had (excluding Irredeemable Ant-Man which is something different) was his run as the main character in Tales to Astonish back when he was first introduced.
Well they could just create new stories for him.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:49 AM   #20
Human Torch
I Can't Dance

I think Ant-Man-if done right could be a really cool series.You have Wasp/Ultron- lots of stuff to play with.

FF will likely get ruined by Fox,ending it's run with Fox.

GotG is a wild card.It could be a breakout hit.But 90% of the GA (heck, myself included,and I'm a card-carrying fanboy) have never heard of those characters.The selling point will be: Wanna know who that purple guy was at the end of Avengers?

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #21
Mr. Dent

90% of the GA had never heard of Iron Man or Thor either.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #22
Human Torch
I Can't Dance

Nah,I wouldn't go that far.I think most people have heard the names before,even if they weren't exposed to much of them.No one but die-hard Marvelites could name anyone in GotG.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #23
venom892
Got Lucky

Whichever makes the most money. FF will have to deal with the stigma of the previous two films.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:02 AM   #24
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

i don't think Guardians of the Galaxy will be just a standalone movie,
Its concept as "Cosmic Avengers" has so much potential if handled right.

I've just read the first volume of tradepaper book of 2008 released (plus Thanos Imperative's story)
The characters really intriguing to me (especially Cosmo Dog & Rocket Raccoon ^^), and Phyla-Vell is my favorite member (though she will not appear in the movie)

Marvel_SKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #25
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

They better make sequels to GotG... It's the perfect setup. It already sounds like they are setting up Adam Warlock to join the team in a second installment. Not to mention all the other villains they could include. Korvac and Kang. To name a couple.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote