The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 10-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #201
Adamantium
Your King

Default Re: Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
It's really stuff that typically ends up on the Blu-ray version but they decided to save disc space by sticking it online. Would've been great for it to be on the hard copy but still nice to see it somewhere we can watch it.
I bet money that when I do get a bluray player, which probably won't be until after Christmas...even maybe not until the Spring, that I will not be able to access this content. I can't even access my digital copy and download it to my computer. I have went to the site repeatedly. I type in my "magic code" and then it asks for my email address to confirm, I do so and with the disc in my computer, nothing prompts to download. Absolutely nothing happens...nothing. Even after just a few months of having my Thor movie when I bought it, I realized that I hadn't downloaded my digital copy and when I tried, the link didn't work.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #202
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
I think I was giddy just based off the Sync function. That was fun.
There a way you can copy that J? like Screen caps?

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #203
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
It's really stuff that typically ends up on the Blu-ray version but they decided to save disc space by sticking it online. Would've been great for it to be on the hard copy but still nice to see it somewhere we can watch it.
I can barely read the SHIELD content on the Bluray. lol My tv screen size is only 21" the stuff ON the Blu ray is for bigger screens.

....to every King.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #204
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
I bet money that when I do get a bluray player, which probably won't be until after Christmas...even maybe not until the Spring, that I will not be able to access this content. I can't even access my digital copy and download it to my computer. I have went to the site repeatedly. I type in my "magic code" and then it asks for my email address to confirm, I do so and with the disc in my computer, nothing prompts to download. Absolutely nothing happens...nothing. Even after just a few months of having my Thor movie when I bought it, I realized that I hadn't downloaded my digital copy and when I tried, the link didn't work.
Are you trying to download it through the avengersassembleoffer.com website? If so, that's not how you get the digital copy. You have to put in the disc with the digital copy and it should bring up an autorun popup that will ask which version (iTunes or Windows Media) you want. I don't know about the Windows Media version, but the iTunes version opens up in the iTunes store and inputting the same magic code starts the download.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #205
Mister J
Say 'Gouda'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
There a way you can copy that J? like Screen caps?
I thought I submitted this post hours ago. Apparently not.

It's basically a run-thru of behind the scenes footage/information, trivia, SFX, concept art, etc., synced to run as the film plays, corresponding with what's on the screen. It lets you jump around in either the app timeline or the film and catch up as relevant so you don't need to intake an entire sitting (like that's a problem). Snazzy enough.

Still haven't figured out what the blasted Avengers Initiative Timeline is.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #206
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I think the Avengers Initiative Timeline is going to be an interactive look at the MCU timeline. It's something they'll update sooner or later.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #207
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
I think the Avengers Initiative Timeline is going to be an interactive look at the MCU timeline. It's something they'll update sooner or later.
That would be very cool.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #208
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Are you trying to download it through the avengersassembleoffer.com website? If so, that's not how you get the digital copy. You have to put in the disc with the digital copy and it should bring up an autorun popup that will ask which version (iTunes or Windows Media) you want. I don't know about the Windows Media version, but the iTunes version opens up in the iTunes store and inputting the same magic code starts the download.
Still nothing. I even went in and set all media to ask me what to do. I insert it and it just runs.

might as well do it now.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #209
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Still nothing. I even went in and set all media to ask me what to do. I insert it and it just runs.

might as well do it now.
If the autorun doesn't work, click on the DVD Drive for your computer to open up the digital disc contents and there should be an icon entitled "Digital Copy." Click on that and the program to enter your code should open.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #210
Adamantium
Your King

Thanks, I'll give it a try later. I may need a Smilie that shows a broken DVD next if this doesn't work.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #211
Adamantium
Your King

NOTHING...it just sits there and then the computer freezes. Internet stops responding too. Even when I don't have an Internet window opened the computer freezes. This also happened when I put the regular DVD in to just play the other day. Why some movies will play when I pop them in and others won't is beyond me.

I opened up the computer....where it says DVD RW Drive. I then insert the disc and waited for the green bar to fill up at the top of the page. I even right clicked on the Digital Copy to see my options...no download option. Then the computer sits there and once the green bar is filled up, it still sits there and finally the computer is unresponsive. Then I have to Ctrl Alt Del so I can unjam, unlock, or whatever you call it and then I log off and have to log back back on to my page and start over. Why in the world would putting this disc in cause my internet to stop responding?

The computer becoming unresponsive was happening the other times I was trying this too and for some reason I failed to mention it. I don't know why, I just forgot to mention it.

Last edited by Adamantium; 10-07-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #212
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:

NOTHING...it just sits there and then the computer freezes. Internet stops responding too. Even when I don't have an Internet window opened the computer freezes. This also happened when I put the regular DVD in to just play the other day. Why some movies will play when I pop them in and others won't is beyond me.

I opened up the computer....where it says DVD RW Drive. I then insert the disc and waited for the green bar to fill up at the top of the page. I even right clicked on the Digital Copy to see my options...no download option. Then the computer sits there and once the green bar is filled up, it still sits there and finally the computer is unresponsive. Then I have to Ctrl Alt Del so I can unjam, unlock, or whatever you call it and then I log off and have to log back back on to my page and start over. Why in the world would putting this disc in cause my internet to stop responding?

The computer becoming unresponsive was happening the other times I was trying this too and for some reason I failed to mention it. I don't know why, I just forgot to mention it.
Sounds more like a problem with your computer, not the disc. I'm using a laptop that's about 6 years old and it ran the discs fine with no lagging or freezing.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #213
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Saw something on it but the image was tiny. it's like a graph that shows the movies in order like the Young readers Novel reads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
I thought I submitted this post hours ago. Apparently not.

It's basically a run-thru of behind the scenes footage/information, trivia, SFX, concept art, etc., synced to run as the film plays, corresponding with what's on the screen. It lets you jump around in either the app timeline or the film and catch up as relevant so you don't need to intake an entire sitting (like that's a problem). Snazzy enough.

Still haven't figured out what the blasted Avengers Initiative Timeline is.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

....to every King.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #214
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:

Maybe you need a new dvd drive for your computer & more memory.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #215
Adamantium
Your King

We just bought this computer back in January. It's a Dell. Off the top of my head I can't think what type exactly, I'm on my Razor right now. I haven't had trouble with burning CDs. I'll keep trying and looking into some other things. Thanks to the two of you: Webfoot Hero and <(o o)> for all your suggestions and help. It's been appreciated.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #216
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
We just bought this computer back in January. It's a Dell. Off the top of my head I can't think what type exactly, I'm on my Razor right now. I haven't had trouble with burning CDs. I'll keep trying and looking into some other things. Thanks to the two of you: Webfoot Hero and <(o o)> for all your suggestions and help. It's been appreciated.
If the computer is on the newer side then maybe it is a corrupt software or other hardware issue, have you tried contacting Dell Tech Support?

Old 10-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #217
Danalys
Sol Invictus

the simple fact is that between the multitude of pc configurations and software configurations messing with the registry files, some stuff just isn't going to work on a particular PC without taking steps that are beyond most people's knowledge and ability to do. it's the price of an open system.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #218
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

I downloaded the Second Screen App and looked through it, but I didn't realize all the cool stuff is only there when synced with the Blu-Ray. Guess I'll be plugging the PS3 in!

Old 10-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #219
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I downloaded the Second Screen App and looked through it, but I didn't realize all the cool stuff is only there when synced with the Blu-Ray. Guess I'll be plugging the PS3 in!
yeah, I can't see it since I don't have internet at home where my bluray player is.....wish you could save webpages like you used to be able to years ago for offline viewing.

....to every King.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #220
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danalys View Post
the simple fact is that between the multitude of pc configurations and software configurations messing with the registry files, some stuff just isn't going to work on a particular PC without taking steps that are beyond most people's knowledge and ability to do. it's the price of an open system.
Well yeah, I have two Dell laptops with xp on both the older one that has a bad screen NOW used to be able to screen capture with Print screen, the newer, smaller one won't do that and says "XP cannot screen capture with Print screen"

In other words it's not ALL a basic understanding of how thing work, it's the machine.

....to every King.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #221
kguillou
Side-Kick

So when do you guys think we'll hear something about the updated Phase One collection set? Any chance we might hear something at NYC comic con?

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #222
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Maybe. I'm think January, maybe even december. But my bets are january for more information.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #223
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Although Clark Gregg was asking about the NYCC on Twitter...

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #224
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm not sure either, Kryptonian was saying Phase one won't be out until Spring with the case.

....to every King.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #225
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I'm not sure either, Kryptonian was saying Phase one won't be out until Spring with the case.
Yeah, I got the spring "date" from Amazon. So I honestly don't know if it's official or not. Here's what it says on Amazon.....

ITEM UPDATE: The "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled Collection" will not be released by Marvel as we originally expected. We know this delay is disappointing, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Marvel is planning to offer a similar collection in new packaging. The new collection will include the original titles offered with the first version of the item, and we expect it will be available in the spring of 2013. Additional information will be available on our website and via email when available.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote