The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 59,624
Default Behold the iPad Mini

http://www.booksnreview.com/articles...-fire-2-hd.htm


Basically a slightly larger Touch or Phone apparently.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,577
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

*insert feminine hygiene product joke here*

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
Duke
Knowin is half the battle
 
Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The PIT
Posts: 13,872
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

I'll stick with Ipad 2.

__________________
Avy by Kane52630
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!
 
Prison Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Clink
Posts: 38,282
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

This is supposed to be revealed on October 23. I'm kind of excited about this because I've always wanted an iPad but don't want to pay as much as $500 for the lowest model. At least this will give me a cheaper alternative.

__________________
Michael Scott: You don't call retarded people retards. It's bad taste. You call your friends retards when they're acting retarded.
Prison Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,022
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Are they going to make every damn size? Ipad MEGA, comin up next.


Seriously though, what is the advantage of this in between sizer? Price?

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #6
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!
 
Prison Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Clink
Posts: 38,282
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

For me it's the price and size. I'd rather have a 7 or 8 inch tablet than 10 inch like the regular ipad

Prison Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,946
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Behold someone who doesn't care and finds apple overrated.

Batman jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 59,624
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Thanks for taking the time to point that out.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,946
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Yeah. I hate hipsters.

Batman jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!
 
TheAQU4M4N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,688
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

think i might get this, since i wont be able to get the Iphone 5 till march.

__________________
"Destiny is like a riptide. You never know it's pulling you until its too late."
TheAQU4M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 6,602
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Planning to get if 64G model is $400 or less. Crossing my fingers for the announcement Tuesday.

__________________
Sometimes to do what's right, we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams.
Poetic Chaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #12
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!
 
TheAQU4M4N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,688
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
Planning to get if 64G model is $400 or less. Crossing my fingers for the announcement Tuesday.
totally agree, I am hoping it might have a retina display.

__________________
"Destiny is like a riptide. You never know it's pulling you until its too late."
TheAQU4M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #13
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,022
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman jr. View Post
Yeah. I hate hipsters.
Sorry I'm curious what the appeal is of a redundant pocket?

The price is the only reason I can think of this product is appealing. Is saving an extra inch or two really helpful? Not like it's going to fit in your pocket, nor is going to fit in your backpack or briefcase any easier (unless you've got a purse). It's just a simple question, no reason to get butthurt.



But yes, I do find Apple is overrated. I'm much more looking forward to the Surface. Although I'm not sure I understand you equating hipsters to hating apple, since every hipster I know here in LA has a borderline disturbing obsession with Apple products, haha.

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #14
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 12,756
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Sorry I'm curious what the appeal is of a redundant pocket?

The price is the only reason I can think of this product is appealing. Is saving an extra inch or two really helpful? Not like it's going to fit in your pocket, nor is going to fit in your backpack or briefcase any easier (unless you've got a purse). It's just a simple question, no reason to get butthurt.



But yes, I do find Apple is overrated. I'm much more looking forward to the Surface. Although I'm not sure I understand you equating hipsters to hating apple, since every hipster I know here in LA has a borderline disturbing obsession with Apple products, haha.
Purse is the key word.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #15
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick
 
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,463
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Are they going to make every damn size? Ipad MEGA, comin up next.
IPAD tv....next year


Gold Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #16
ComicChick
refuse to feel the flames
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Kitchen, Yall
Posts: 50,326
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

we already have apple tv, close enough lol

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:19 AM   #17
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,946
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Sorry I'm curious what the appeal is of a redundant pocket?

The price is the only reason I can think of this product is appealing. Is saving an extra inch or two really helpful? Not like it's going to fit in your pocket, nor is going to fit in your backpack or briefcase any easier (unless you've got a purse). It's just a simple question, no reason to get butthurt.



But yes, I do find Apple is overrated. I'm much more looking forward to the Surface. Although I'm not sure I understand you equating hipsters to hating apple, since every hipster I know here in LA has a borderline disturbing obsession with Apple products, haha.
I'm just sick of the hysteria whenever Apple releases something. That it's all extremely overpriced and can't do anything more than the competition? Not important, It's Apple!!!!
And I look forward to Surface as well.

But on a side note: I think that Windows 8 won't be "right" for pc's/laptops, but will fit smartphones & tablets perfectly. I'm gonna buy a new laptop next year (mine is 4 years now) and if I don't like it, I'll "crack" Windows 7.

Batman jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #18
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 6,602
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Disappointed in the pricing for the mini. Bought the new iPod Touch instead today.

__________________
Sometimes to do what's right, we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams.
Poetic Chaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #19
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,022
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman jr. View Post
I'm just sick of the hysteria whenever Apple releases something. That it's all extremely overpriced and can't do anything more than the competition? Not important, It's Apple!!!!
And I look forward to Surface as well.

But on a side note: I think that Windows 8 won't be "right" for pc's/laptops, but will fit smartphones & tablets perfectly. I'm gonna buy a new laptop next year (mine is 4 years now) and if I don't like it, I'll "crack" Windows 7.
Ya, im kind of worried Windows 8 will be optimized for its tablet/laptops, and will be weird without the touch, but then again, they might've found a way to have it similar to traditional windows but also be more conducive to the touch capability. If Windows 8 doesn't work well without the touch, Windows 7 is fantastic, so like you said, you can always use that. If i get the surface I can keep 7 on my desktop and use 8 on that. Here's hoping that it gets good reviews, and that the touch is able to rival Apples, because that is definitely something that Apple has had an advantage in over the past couple years. Not sure if anybody has caught up by now or not.

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #20
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!
 
TheAQU4M4N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,688
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
Disappointed in the pricing for the mini. Bought the new iPod Touch instead today.
I was hoping they would get rid of the touchy and just have this to be the best world of an iPod slash ipad.

__________________
"Destiny is like a riptide. You never know it's pulling you until its too late."
TheAQU4M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #21
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,946
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Ya, im kind of worried Windows 8 will be optimized for its tablet/laptops, and will be weird without the touch, but then again, they might've found a way to have it similar to traditional windows but also be more conducive to the touch capability. If Windows 8 doesn't work well without the touch, Windows 7 is fantastic, so like you said, you can always use that. If i get the surface I can keep 7 on my desktop and use 8 on that. Here's hoping that it gets good reviews, and that the touch is able to rival Apples, because that is definitely something that Apple has had an advantage in over the past couple years. Not sure if anybody has caught up by now or not.
The one thing I must admit: windows 8 is EXTREMELY fast. My laptop starts up in like 4 seconds and closes down in about 5 lol.

Batman jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #22
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!
 
TheAQU4M4N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,688
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

I am getting one of these for my parents, i received an Ipad 2 for last xmas but i felt guilty because they bought it for me, not the family. I am going to try to pick up a cellular one.

__________________
"Destiny is like a riptide. You never know it's pulling you until its too late."
TheAQU4M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #23
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!
 
Prison Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Clink
Posts: 38,282
Default Re: Behold the iPad Mini

I got my ipad mini today but I have no power at home. The universe is cruel.

Prison Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.