The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 09-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Default What Would Be Your Reaction To Frank Millerís Justice League?

What Would Be Your Reaction To Frank Miller’s Justice League?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Johnston - Bleeding Cool
Undercover Warner Bros marketing people walk into a comic shop. Stop me if you’ve heard this one. The name of the shop has been removed to protect the guilty.

They entered posing as fans, but it was obvious to staff by the time they finished their first question that they were not. And about half way through they abandoned all pretence and were asking questions like “what superhero films have had good Facebook pages?”, “Do you think comic fans would accept a superhero film without Nolan’s involvement, would him serving as a producer suffice?” “What do fans think of Aquaman? He’s lame isn’t he?”, “What is regarded as the strongest lineup of the Justice League and would work as a film?” boiling right down to “What should DC do film wise?”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Johnston - Bleeding Cool
The staff explained how Marvel could make a movie out of any character but because it would tie into the bigger picture, it stood a greater chance of success. The interlopers were really interested in what obscure characters were related to the League… and then they asked the big one.

“What would fan reaction be to a Justice League movie with Frank Miller’s name attached?”

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: What Would Be Your Reaction To Frank Millerís Justice League?

you dont actually believe this article do you

if so i got a bridge i can sell you

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Lighthouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
you dont actually believe this article do you

if so i got a bridge i can sell you
I know it's very dubious. That's why I never said it was true. I don't think Rich Johnston is an outright liar though.

This of course does not mean Frank Miller will be attached to a Justice League film in any capacity, but I still think it's interesting that they would even ask that question.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)

Last edited by Lighthouse; 09-27-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
The Guard
Side-Kick

Reaction would kind of depend on how good Frank Miller's JUSTICE LEAGUE was, wouldn't it?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
Wesley Dodds
He Who Lurks...

Miller's film short film career seems to revolve around that 300-style green screen effect that was oh-so popular in the mid-00s. I would never want to see that techique in a Justice League movie.

Last edited by Wesley Dodds; 09-27-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Wesley Dodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
hotrain33
Side-Kick

Personally I have not seen a frank miller directed movie so I cant say what kind of philosophy he brings to the table. The film needs a director that has better credentials like J J Abrams he had produced a successfull tv sereies and from what I heard and read about star treck he might be the right guy for the job.

hotrain33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
shauner111
Side-Kick

I would have to wait and see. If it's like 300 with the visuals as Wesley says..then no i wouldnt like that.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
Lighthouse

After the truly vile Holy Terror, I don't care for Frank Miller in any storytelling format.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #9
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

FRANK MILLER'S GODDAMN JUSTICE LEAGUE

Superman and Wonder Woman are having hot sex in mid-air.

Superman: Argh, Goddamnit! I just heard a bomb go off at S.T.A.R. Labs. Guess we'd better go check it out. Probably al-Queda again.

Wonder Woman: Aww, do we have too, Super-Stud? Damn. But I guess you're right. But you think you can get me off first?

Superman: (grinning) Faster than a speeding bullet.

Superman and Wonder Woman, both looking slightly disheveled, arrive on the scene at S.T.A.R. Labs to find Batman and the Flash already on the scene, investigating. An entire floor of the building has been destroyed. Upon seeing Superman and Wonder Woman, Batman rolls his eyes in annoyance.

Batman: Look, up in the sky. It's a bird. It's a plane. It's a couple screwing at 40,000 feet.

Flash: What took you guys so long? Wondy, when are you going to trade up and have a little fun time with me? It'll be faster but a hell of a lot more intense.

Superman: Save it, Minuteman. What's the situation here?

Batman: S.T.A.R. didn't want to give me the full details, so I had to beat a confession out of one of the p***y lab geeks. Apparently they were working on some new type of fusion reactor. Security cameras picked up some thugs busting in here, stealing all of the materials, and then blowing the floor. My money says it was al-Queda. Because it always is.

Superman: You're probably right. Luthor has teamed up with them recently, so it would make sense that they'd be going after some highly volatile stuff. Guess we're heading to the Middle East.

Wonder Woman: Sounds about right. Let's go kick some terrorist ass! SEMPER FI!

Old 09-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #10
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

They already showed a Frank Miller style Justice League in All Star Batman and Robin.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
They already showed a Frank Miller style Justice League in All Star Batman and Robin.

Right. And it wasn't a Justice League of America brutally torturing and killing al-Qaeda terrorists or featuring Superman and Wonder Woman screwing in the sky. Miller wouldn't turn a Justice League of America movie into Holy Terror or Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again, and Warner wouldn't allow him to do that anyway. Frank Miller's Justice League of America are law-abiding and opposed to Batman due to his brutal vigilante methods.

THE DEATH OF "SUPERMAN LIVES": WHAT HAPPENED?
Release date currently unknown.

FRANK MILLER'S SIN CITY A DAME TO KILL FOR
In theaters now.
theMan-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

It was a joke, dude. Lighten up. I know they wouldn't let him do that.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #13
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

Your joke involving al-Qaeda bombing a building is not something I find funny. Lighten up? Such grisly subject matter in itself is not light-hearted, neither was my reaction.

In theaters now.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
Anubis
Sup?

Yeah, that's why he pointed out that you should lighten up.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #15
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

I will not "lighten up" about a joke involving al-Qaeda bombing a building. We should not be laughing when jokes go too far, and we should not be ridiculed for not "lightening up."

In theaters now.

Last edited by theMan-Bat; 09-30-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #16
Anubis
Sup?

It wasn't a joke about Al-Qaeda bombing a building, it was a joke about Frank Miller being a nut job.

Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #17
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:

Superman and Wonder Woman are having hot sex in mid-air.

Superman: Argh, Goddamnit! I just heard a bomb go off at S.T.A.R. Labs. Guess we'd better go check it out. Probably al-Queda again.

Wonder Woman: Aww, do we have too, Super-Stud? Damn. But I guess you're right. But you think you can get me off first?

Superman: (grinning) Faster than a speeding bullet.

Superman and Wonder Woman, both looking slightly disheveled, arrive on the scene at S.T.A.R. Labs to find Batman and the Flash already on the scene, investigating. An entire floor of the building has been destroyed. Upon seeing Superman and Wonder Woman, Batman rolls his eyes in annoyance.

Batman: Look, up in the sky. It's a bird. It's a plane. It's a couple screwing at 40,000 feet.

Flash: What took you guys so long? Wondy, when are you going to trade up and have a little fun time with me? It'll be faster but a hell of a lot more intense.

Superman: Save it, Minuteman. What's the situation here?

Batman: S.T.A.R. didn't want to give me the full details, so I had to beat a confession out of one of the p***y lab geeks. Apparently they were working on some new type of fusion reactor. Security cameras picked up some thugs busting in here, stealing all of the materials, and then blowing the floor. My money says it was al-Queda. Because it always is.

Superman: You're probably right. Luthor has teamed up with them recently, so it would make sense that they'd be going after some highly volatile stuff. Guess we're heading to the Middle East.

Wonder Woman: Sounds about right. Let's go kick some terrorist ass! SEMPER FI!

Sad thing is I expect this type of insanity (Right-Wing rhetoric) from Frank Miller.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #18
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
It wasn't a joke about Al-Qaeda bombing a building, it was a joke about Frank Miller being a nut job.
Exactly. While years ago, Miller gave us some of the greatest comic book stories of all time (The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One), in recent years, he's really lost it. I thought for a while that embarrassingly bad comics like The Dark Knight Strikes Again, Batman/Spawn and All-Star Batman & Robin were just the result of Miller being burned out. But all his bizarre rants about Muslims and the Occupy movement, his Holy Terror story, and the movie The Spirit pretty much confirmed to me that the guy is out of his mind. Or maybe he's just an a**hole. Either way, I want him to stay the hell away from any new Batman or Justice League movie.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #19
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post

Sad thing is I expect this type of insanity (Right-Wing rhetoric) from Frank Miller.
It is a shame. But yeah, if he was given free reign to make his own JL movie, it probably would turn out like that.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #20
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I said a joke involving al-Qaeda bombing a building.

Quote:
Exactly. While years ago, Miller gave us some of the greatest comic book stories of all time (The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One), in recent years, he's really lost it. I thought for a while that embarrassingly bad comics like The Dark Knight Strikes Again, Batman/Spawn and All-Star Batman & Robin were just the result of Miller being burned out. But all his bizarre rants about Muslims and the Occupy movement, his Holy Terror story, and the movie The Spirit pretty much confirmed to me that the guy is out of his mind. Or maybe he's just an a**hole. Either way, I want him to stay the hell away from any new Batman or Justice League movie.
So he writes some comic books you don't like and directs a movie you don't like and is against al-Qaeda and the Occupy movement, so he must be out of his mind? Or an a**hole? Writing some comic books you don't like and directing a movie you don't like and being against al-Qaeda and the Occupy movement doesn't make anybody out of his mind or an a**hole for not pleasing you or sharing your views on al-Qaeda and the Occupy movement.

Quote:
It is a shame. But yeah, if he was given free reign to make his own JL movie, it probably would turn out like that.
So you really believe that Frank Miller would really make a Justice League of America movie like that. So what you wrote wasn't just your idea of a joke. Miller wouldn't turn a Justice League of America movie into Holy Terror or Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again. As seen in All-Star Batman & Robin, which he also was given free reign on by DC, Frank Miller's Justice League of America are law-abiding and opposed to Batman due to his brutal vigilante methods.

In theaters now.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #21
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMan-Bat View Post
I said a joke involving al-Qaeda bombing a building.

So he writes some comic books you don't like and directs a movie you don't like and is against al-Qaeda and the Occupy movement, so he must be out of his mind? Or an a**hole? Writing some comic books you don't like and directing a movie you don't like and being against al-Qaeda and the Occupy movement doesn't make anybody out of his mind or an a**hole for not pleasing you or sharing your views on al-Qaeda and the Occupy movement.

So you really believe that Frank Miller would really make a Justice League of America movie like that. So what you wrote wasn't just your idea of a joke. Miller wouldn't turn a Justice League of America movie into Holy Terror or Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again. As seen in All-Star Batman & Robin, which he also was given free reign on by DC, Frank Miller's Justice League of America are law-abiding and opposed to Batman due to his brutal vigilante methods.
What are you, Miller's publicist? Yes, as a matter of fact, the crap he's written over the past 10 years, the borderline racist comments he's made about Muslims (not just al-Queda) and calling all of the Occupy activist "theives and rapists" and "pond scum" DOES lead me to conclude that Frank Miller is either certifiably insane or an enormous douchebag. It's not my problem if you can't handle that.

His comments just proved how out of touch with reality he truly is. He attempted to classify all members of the Occupy movement as priveleged little rich kids who apparently should just all shut up and join the military (though he himself has never served... and guess what Frank? There ARE ex-military members of the Occupy movement). And fine, there are members of the movement who went to good schools and came from good families. And guess what? There are also people who have worked for 40+ years in industries that dried up because the corporate CEOs who run this country realized they could maximize profits by outsourcing their jobs. But Miller wouldn't known anything about that because his head has been firmly lodged up his ass for a decade.

And YES, the post was intended as a joke because WB would never greenlight anything like that. HOWEVER, if you gave Miller free reign to do whatever the hell he wanted, then I don't think it's THAT far of a stretch to assume that he might create something awful and unwatchable (again, see The Spirit for reference).

Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #22
shauner111
Side-Kick

Who cares what kind of person he is. End of story.

He's done some great work, some bad work. And who knows what would happen if he made a Justice League.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #23
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Considering how all these Hollywood brats that are paid millions support the Occupy movement, he kind of has a point.

Occupy's 15 minutes are already over. Miller wasn't wrong about them.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #24
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

Quote:
What are you, Miller's publicist?
What I am is a Frank Miller fan, and I'm not the only one.

Quote:
Yes, as a matter of fact, the crap he's written over the past 10 years, the borderline racist comments he's made about Muslims (not just al-Queda)
Frank Miller and his Holy Terror comic book is against al-Qaeda terrorists. Islam isn't a race, it's a religion, and Frank Miller said that, "The issue here is not a religion."
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Holy Terror comic book is about a superhero fighting al-Qaeda terrorists, not Islam. There is a radical form of Christianity as a motivation within Nazism called Aryan Positive Christianity, but Nazi's are not considered true Christians by many people of Christian faith. There is a radical form of Islam as a motivation within al-Qaeda called Martyrdom Jihadism, but al-Qaeda terrorists are not considered true Muslims by many people of Islamic faith. Al-Qaeda use Islam to manipulate, control, make their followers believe they are doing Allah's work. They use the faith of Islam as a motivation and justification for their actions. Terrorism is unIslamic and deplorable. Many Muslims denounce the al-Qaeda terrorists as not truly representing Islam.
http://kurzman.unc.edu/islamic-state...nst-terrorism/
In Holy Terror a Muslim woman is even depicted making a peace sign.

A leader of the al-Qaeda cell in Holy Terror is an Irishman who makes it clear that he's in al-Qaeda for the money, and obviously isn't even of Islamic faith. It would be extremely ridiculous to accuse Frank Miller of being racist against Irish people, since it's a known fact that Frank Miller himself is Irish.

A writer having a superhero fight al-Qaeda in a comic book doesn't mean the writer is racist against Arabs, just as a writer having a superhero fighting Nazis doesn't mean the writer is racist against Germans. A writer having a superhero fight the Mafia doesn't mean the writer is racist against Italians. A writer having a superhero fight Bloods and Crips doesn't mean the writer is racist against African Americans. A writer having a superhero fight the Cartel doesn't mean the writer is racist against Mexicans.

Quote:
calling all of the Occupy activist "theives and rapists" and "pond scum" DOES lead me to conclude that Frank Miller is either certifiably insane or an enormous douchebag. It's not my problem if you can't handle that.
His comments just proved how out of touch with reality he truly is. He attempted to classify all members of the Occupy movement as priveleged little rich kids who apparently should just all shut up and join the military (though he himself has never served... and guess what Frank? There ARE ex-military members of the Occupy movement). And fine, there are members of the movement who went to good schools and came from good families.
Judging from Frank Miller's November 11th, 2011, Anarchy post on his website about the Occupy movement, referring to Occupiers as iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats, I see his point, that if you have an iPhone, iPad, your not really so impoverished. 99% of Americans cannot afford such expensive products.

Also judging from Frank Miller's Anarchy post on his website about the Occupy movement, referencing the streets of Oakland, an unruly mob, rapes, he must have seen the reports of the shooting, vandalizing and looting in Oakland and the rapes reported on Occupy camp grounds in New York, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Baltmore, Dallas.
http://www.baycitizen.org/law/story/...g-looters-pay/
http://michellemalkin.com/2011/11/03...m-front-pages/
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1700634/pg1
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1090333.html
http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...stion-2260055/
http://publicola.com/2011/10/18/man-...militia-patch/
http://abcnews.go.com/US/sexual-assa...4#.UDTjFt2PX3M
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...pe-arrest.html
http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2011/1...she-was-raped/
http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Chil...-Occupy-Dallas
http://www.humanevents.com/2011/11/0...ction-to-rape/
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nyc-...-is-very-real/
Frank Miller's too old to join the military. He didn't enlist when he was young enough because 9/11 didn't happen when he was young enough. As Frank Miller explained, "Then came that sunny September morning when airplanes crashed into towers a very few miles from my home and thousands of my neighbors were ruthlessly incinerated — reduced to ash. Now, I draw and write comic books. One thing my job involves is making up bad guys. Imagining human villainy in all its forms. Now the real thing had shown up. The real thing murdered my neighbors. In my city. In my country. Breathing in that awful, chalky crap that filled up the lungs of every New Yorker, then coughing it right out, not knowing what I was coughing up.

For the first time in my life, I know how it feels to face an existential menace. They want us to die. All of a sudden I realize what my parents were talking about all those years.

Patriotism, I now believe, isn't some sentimental, old conceit. It's self-preservation. I believe patriotism is central to a nation's survival. Ben Franklin said it: If we don't all hang together, we all hang separately. Just like you have to fight to protect your friends and family, and you count on them to watch your own back.

So you've got to do what you can to help your country survive. That's if you think your country is worth a damn. Warts and all.

So I've gotten rather fond of that old piece of cloth. Now, when I look at it, I see something precious. I see something perishable."
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5784518

Quote:
And YES, the post was intended as a joke because WB would never greenlight anything like that. HOWEVER, if you gave Miller free reign to do whatever the hell he wanted, then I don't think it's THAT far of a stretch to assume that he might create something awful and unwatchable (again, see The Spirit for reference).
Frank Miller was given free reign to do whatever the hell he wanted on The Spirit movie, and there was no al-Qaeda or bombing of a building or sex in The Spirit movie.

In theaters now.

Last edited by theMan-Bat; 10-01-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #25
Panthro
Catman Begins

I'd refuse to watch a Frank Miller Justice League film.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote