The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #276
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Sorry to say but Cain looked ridiculous in that suit, dude was tiny and not imposing in the slightest.
I doubt he's significantly smaller than Cavill. I agree that Cain looked small after years of being accustomed to the 6'4 Reeve.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #277
Sun_Down
You Best Is Enough

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
I really like the costume from the upcoming fan film Superman: The Golden Child.
I would never want to see this on screen.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #278
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
I would never want to see this on screen.
The costume or the movie? I say both.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #279
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I'm not exactly a fan of Cain's portrayal of Superman but to say that he was tiny is a tad inaccurate. Sure, he isnt as tall as Reeve was but the dude was in shape and roughly the same size [in terms of muscle mass] as Adam Hughes' Superman, and that's fine by me:-

Old 11-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #280
Fudgie
Banned User

Dayum I forgot how lame Cain looked as Supes. Yeeesh.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #281
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

It's not the worst superman costume I've ever seen. But again... that freakin bar of soap belt buckle... it's like the easiest thing to get right and it's just pure fail.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #282
The Guard
Side-Kick

Dean Cain's Supersuit was supposed to be homemade, and it looked homemade. It was supposed to be a little cheesy, because that was often the tone of the show. He looked pretty fantastic in motion, especially his cape.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #283
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Ok I take it many if you saying hes's not tiny dont walk into a gym much. No hes not skin and bones but at best he has a normal mans physique not of a man that has carries much muscle. Comparing him to Cavills size is pointless its obvious Cavill packed on atleast 25lbs of muscle mass compared to Cain, which didnt at all.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #284
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ok I take it many if you saying hes's not tiny dont walk into a gym much. No hes not skin and bones but at best he has a normal mans physique not of a man that has carries much muscle. Comparing him to Cavills size is pointless its obvious Cavill packed on atleast 25lbs of muscle mass compared to Cain, which didnt at all.
Give the man a little credit...Cain would have played for the Buffalo Bills had he not injured his knee. He's a big guy. A better example of a Superman with a normal man's physique would be Reeve.

Cavill definitely packed on the muscle, but are you comparing Cain in costume to Cavill in costume? Because Cavill's costume has sculpted muscles, while Cain's was tight fitting spandex.

Last edited by StarvingArtist; 11-04-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:01 AM   #285
Jobling
Look! Up in the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist View Post
Give the man a little credit...Cain would have played for the Buffalo Bills had he not injured his knee. He's a big guy. A better example of a Superman with a normal man's physique would be Reeve.

Cavill definitely packed on the muscle, but are you comparing Cain in costume to Cavill in costume? Because Cavill's costume has sculpted muscles, while Cain's was tight fitting spandex.
Sorry Reeve is more taler but in terms of muscles Cavill wins, he is perfect for the role,dedication to his training was never done before for a Superman movie, for this role, just comparare one and another and I think it will be easy to reach that conclusion!I´m not saying that reeve was good in terms o physique but was a diferent time...Cain was good also but right now...the only person that you can compare with cavill is Hugh Jackman,they are very similar in physical...
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Cavil...:29,s:20,i:216

Last edited by Jobling; 11-05-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #286
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Cain certainly wasnt a mass-monster by any means but he definately did not have 'a normal mans physique' and clearly put in the gym-time. Hell, one of the jokes in the pilot episode referred to Clark as 'looking like Mr Hardbody' and it wasnt entirely inaccurate. He wasnt tiny, he just wasnt as big as some, kind of like the way Sly and JCVD were never as huge as Arnold and Dolph but did you ever see anyone label them as tiny?

Despite your view to the contrary, I've spent years in the gym; enough to learn that it isnt all about sheer muscle-mass. It should always be about the quality of the muscle, not the size of it - any idiot can just get huge and I find the whole 'I gotta be massive' thing a bit of a younger persons attitude. More seasoned gym goers tend to evolve from this.

Last edited by Brian Braddock; 11-05-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #287
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobling View Post
Sorry Reeve is more taler but in terms of muscles Cavill wins, he is perfect for the role,dedication to his training was never done before for a Superman movie, for this role, just comparare one and another and I think it will be easy to reach that conclusion!I´m not saying that reeve was good in terms o physique but was a diferent time...Cain was good also but right now...the only person that you can compare with cavill is Hugh Jackman,they are very similar in physical...
I think Cavill looks great. And his suit enhances his definition because of the sculpted muscles, while Cain's didn't because it was tight fitting spandex. Cavill is definitely more cut then Cain ever was, but I'm just saying Cain wasn't a small guy.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #288
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
It's not the worst superman costume I've ever seen. But again... that freakin bar of soap belt buckle... it's like the easiest thing to get right and it's just pure fail.
Heh a bar of soap.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #289
Jobling
Look! Up in the sky

Quote:
I think Cavill looks great. And his suit enhances his definition because of the sculpted muscles, while Cain's didn't because it was tight fitting spandex. Cavill is definitely more cut then Cain ever was, but I'm just saying Cain wasn't a small guy.
yeah That´s true!

Old 11-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #290
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Cain certainly wasnt a mass-monster by any means but he definately did not have 'a normal mans physique' and clearly put in the gym-time. Hell, one of the jokes in the pilot episode referred to Clark as 'looking like Mr Hardbody' and it wasnt entirely inaccurate. He wasnt tiny, he just wasnt as big as some, kind of like the way Sly and JCVD were never as huge as Arnold and Dolph but did you ever see anyone label them as tiny?

Despite your view to the contrary, I've spent years in the gym; enough to learn that it isnt all about sheer muscle-mass. It should always be about the quality of the muscle, not the size of it - any idiot can just get huge and I find the whole 'I gotta be massive' thing a bit of a younger persons attitude. More seasoned gym goers tend to evolve from this.
My main point was that compared to a normal sized man, hes not that much bigger. I neve mentioned what kind of muscle is good muscle or what is better. Just stating comparing his size to modern comic supes, he comes up short.

Even Brandon Routh had more lean muscle mass, and a better physique. Im not bashing Cain's version of Superman at all, but to me hes not big at all.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 11-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #291
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Just by any chance... anyone know any detail on what Cavill's training routine was? Found this article, not sure if it's legit or not. Just might start the routine it suggests...

http://confitdent.com/superman-worko...-man-of-steel/

Last edited by StarvingArtist; 11-05-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #292
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Im not sure but if you compare his size in Immortals to the set pics of him shirtless for MOS he definitely gained a good amount of lean mass.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #293
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Im not sure but if you compare his size in Immortals to the set pics of him shirtless for MOS he definitely gained a good amount of lean mass.
Yeah, I think he might have focused on losing a bit of weight in order to get the ab definition then just packed it on with the training for MOS. He was kind of pudgy prior to immortals. He looks to me more like superman then any prior actor... hopefully he has the charisma to boot

Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #294
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Ive been watching Tudors a lot to try to get a glimpse of his acting abilities, I have full faith the man can do a modern Superman justice like we've never seen before.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:18 AM   #295
Jobling
Look! Up in the sky

Quote:
Just by any chance... anyone know any detail on what Cavill's training routine was? Found this article, not sure if it's legit or not. Just might start the routine it suggests...

http://confitdent.com/superman-worko...-man-of-steel/
he’s consuming about 5000 calories a day, ,Training with the Master of fitness MARK TWIGHT of Gym Jones
His trainer and fitness consultant was Mark Twight of Gym Jones in Salt Lake City. Apparently the program was based around a two-part, 100-rep routine that Twight calls the “tailpipe” that focuses on training and recovery. The training beats you up, then the “tailpipe” recovery aspect requires you to take eight (8) deep, controlled breathes after completing an exercise.
Men’s Health’s recommendations for a Superman style workout is performing 25 reps of Goblets Squats, Kettlebell Swings, Squat Thrusts and Jumping Jacks. (100 reps) For the recovery aspect, use the “tailpipe” (mentioned above) method in between each exercise.Cavill told the mag he’d been eating nearly 5,000 calories, training over 2 hours and plowing protein to pack on the muscle mass to get Superman Status. Just to clarify, these are per day numbers. Based on his physique, you can bet a meteor rock on the fact that lean protein sources and high fats (avocado, mixed nuts) were two huge parts of this diet.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:21 AM   #296
Jobling
Look! Up in the sky

Cavill in imoortals done the must dificult thing to achieve LEAN MASS,ABDOMINAL Definition

Last edited by Jobling; 11-06-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #297
Krumm
Beer Snob

For those wanting their own MOS costume:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Man-Of-Steel...item2ec2f68bd4

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #298
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Ive been watching Tudors a lot to try to get a glimpse of his acting abilities, I have full faith the man can do a modern Superman justice like we've never seen before.
After you posted this I went on youtube to see if I could find clips of just his scenes... Not a problem. lol Those women love this guy... Anyway, after watching them I can definitely agree with you. I don't know why it's taken me this long to watch a few eps. I've been reading about fans talk about his Tudors performances since he was cast. Glad I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post

Probably one of the best costumes I've seen for consumers. All I'm ever used seeing out there is pure trash. When I see people in dressed as Superman it normally makes me cringe . But they are getting better and better.

Bigger picture... This makes me think that the MOS suit and this movie has more "Cool" potential than ever. Maybe it will bring Superman back from the kingdom Puns and Wise cracks... Putting him back on the path to regain his rightful title.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #299
Jobling
Look! Up in the sky

Quote:

FRICKING PERFECTTT i want oneee hehe

Old 11-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #300
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:

I think this proves that the material that go into the suit are just as important as the suit itself. This doesn't look nearly as good - and the suit's flaws are far more obvious - as the real MOS costume.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread