The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #301
Krumm
Beer Snob

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
I think this proves that the material that go into the suit are just as important as the suit itself. This doesn't look nearly as good - and the suit's flaws are far more obvious - as the real MOS costume.
Agreed. I feel his other Superman suits are better (the seller makes others if you didn't know) but that's mostly because the other suits are spandex and are based on spandex designs.

This not so much.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #302
Jobling
Look! Up in the sky

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

from all angles the suit is beautiful!!

Last edited by Jobling; 11-06-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #303
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobling View Post

from all angles the suit is beautiful!!
I don't think anyone is saying that it's not.

Last edited by Krumm; 11-06-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #304
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

If only the S Shield, boots, and belt buckle oval thing were of the same smooth texture as the piping. Then it would be perfect imo as far as being the strongest version of this design.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #305
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Mr. Vigilante-10 Years

That fan made suit looks pretty cheaply made for a grand.

- BEN AFFLECK IS BATMAN-#TrustBatfleck -
SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10
Old 11-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #306
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
My main point was that compared to a normal sized man, hes not that much bigger. I neve mentioned what kind of muscle is good muscle or what is better. Just stating comparing his size to modern comic supes, he comes up short.

Even Brandon Routh had more lean muscle mass, and a better physique. Im not bashing Cain's version of Superman at all, but to me hes not big at all.
I've never taken a microscope to either of their bodies so I can't really say who's truly bigger or more muscular, but to me, Dean Cain looks more imposing and more like Superman. Maybe it's just the bigger logo and wider neckline, I dunno.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #307
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

I think Dean Cain just looked really short.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #308
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Mr. Vigilante-10 Years

Clearly Cain's physique is nowhere near close to Cavill's.

- BEN AFFLECK IS BATMAN-#TrustBatfleck -
SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10
Old 11-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #309
Destructus86
Side-Kick

The new suit is easily my favorite design

Old 11-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #310
ifriedrice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
The new suit is easily my favorite design
Mine too. Even over the traditional Reeve costume. It's a great update.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #311
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I love the design but I still think the blue and yellow should be a just little lighter and brighter.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #312
Super Kal
Side-Kick

question, ifriedrice: does Cavill's left thigh in the back naturally stick out like that?

Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #313
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice View Post
Mine too. Even over the traditional Reeve costume. It's a great update.
I'm just in love with the mesh armor texture of the suit. Gives it that extra kick, and i'm glad they got rid of the red trunks; it's the 21rst century, and would of looked ridiculous on screen.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #314
ifriedrice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
question, ifriedrice: does Cavill's left thigh in the back naturally stick out like that?
I don't know. I built it from the Comic Con pictures and the the original manip I did. Anatomically, the hip does stick out like that if viewing a thigh from that angle, but I'm sure it's exaggerated a bit in the manikin. Based on the original pics from Wacots, HC's hip does stick out in the back when in the suit from the angle we see him at. See below.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #315
Super Kal
Side-Kick

now, those two look more realistic anatomically

Old 11-09-2012, 01:04 AM   #316
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Yeah, I agree and I also prefer the less shiny texture in the original manip. Looks less plastic- and armor-like.

Last edited by Rust; 11-09-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #317
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

The suit is great, truly awesome. In the context of the film it will be fantastic. And I'm happy they kept it as close to the source material as they did.

But still I prefer the classic.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:09 AM   #318
ifriedrice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Yeah, I agree and I also prefer the less shiny texture in the original manip. Looks less plastic- and armor-like.
To each their own-- I prefer the shinier version. I saw the suit at SDCC, also saw the trailer two times in the Hall H presentation. When he's handcuffed and walking through the hall with military police, you see how shiny the suit is under a light. I won't be surprised if it's more like the shiny version in film, but no one knows for sure except for Zack Snyder.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:24 AM   #319
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I guess it'll end up looking rather shiny then, like steel, even though in some set-pics it looks mat. As long as it doenst look armory, which it probably wont in motion.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #320
superman2090
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice View Post
I don't know. I built it from the Comic Con pictures and the the original manip I did. Anatomically, the hip does stick out like that if viewing a thigh from that angle, but I'm sure it's exaggerated a bit in the manikin. Based on the original pics from Wacots, HC's hip does stick out in the back when in the suit from the angle we see him at. See below.

Is the face in this pic Henry Cavill? It just doesn't look like him to me. Edit: The one in the top image.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #321
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I really and truly dig this suit. I love how the "S" looks alien, it doesn't just look like a normal "s", i love the fluid-like appearance of it. I love the mesh armour texture of the suit. The suit looks alien, which i like, yet is still true to the suit we all know and love.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #322
super-t
Side-Kick

Can someone shorten the cape to where to top of the boots start?....I just wanna see how that looks, if yall dont mind lol.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #323
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I agree, I'm not a fan of the 'wet' look.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #324
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I'm just in love with the mesh armor texture of the suit. Gives it that extra kick, and i'm glad they got rid of the red trunks; it's the 21rst century, and would of looked ridiculous on screen.
It was jarring at first, but now I love it. It would look weird without it.

I'm just glad they managed to find a design that is universally liked.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #325
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

I'm amazed at how they kept the boots the same as they are in the comic and didn't screw around with them really at all. I mean they are the most faithful, and more importantly, awesome looking Superman boot design I've ever seen.

Closed Thread