The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #326
Krumm
Beer Snob

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist View Post
I'm amazed at how they kept the boots the same as they are in the comic and didn't screw around with them really at all. I mean they are the most faithful, and more importantly, awesome looking Superman boot design I've ever seen.
Yeah, I wonder if they are attached in order to keep it so streamlined.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #327
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Yeah, I wonder if they are attached in order to keep it so streamlined.
I'm almost positive that they are. The tops definitely join flush with the body suit unlike every other superman movie suit.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #328
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
It was jarring at first, but now I love it. It would look weird without it.

I'm just glad they managed to find a design that is universally liked.
I showed alot of my friends the suit, and it was overwhelmingly liked, most said they were glad the red underwear was gone.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #329
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I showed alot of my friends the suit, and it was overwhelmingly liked, most said they were glad the red underwear was gone.
Such is the sacrifice to get new fans. Frankly it's interesting how such an antiquated look survived for that long in the first place.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #330
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I'm pretty sure we'll see them again on the big screen at some point. If WW can wear a gold-bikini Supes can damn well have trunks. But that probably wont happen anytime soon.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #331
Kalel_Angel
Side-Kick

There isn't any official Man of Steel picture yet, so I was trying a little something the other day just to see how Henry Cavill would look on it . It was something rapidely done, nothing clean or serious. The main purpose being to have an idea about how he'd be like wearing the costume and striking the pose

Old 11-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #332
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalel_Angel View Post
There isn't any official Man of Steel picture yet, so I was trying a little something the other day just to see how Henry Cavill would look on it . It was something rapidely done, nothing clean or serious. The main purpose being to have an idea about how he'd be like wearing the costume and striking the pose

"Help! I can't itch my own back!" lol jk

Old 11-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #333
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Such is the sacrifice to get new fans. Frankly it's interesting how such an antiquated look survived for that long in the first place.
I agree, and speaking of the trunks, honestly i don't know if it was what the material was made out of, but the red trunks in Returns looked ( let's not even discuss the small ass shield on the chest)
I'm generally pleased with this new suit, and i also dig the nice sliver streaks on the sides of the chest, and on the ends of the arms, looks cool.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #334
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
To get new fans and excite old ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I'm pretty sure we'll see them again on the big screen at some point.
In a live action film, they almost certainly won't.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #335
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
To get new fans and excite old ones.

In a live action film, they almost certainly won't.
Sure they could. Trends change unpredictably. Despite people's issues with the trunks, they've never exactly been a deal breaker for the general movie going audience even in modern times.

You really mean you hope they won't ever be onscreen again.

Last edited by StarvingArtist; 11-10-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #336
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
I'm amazed at how they kept the boots the same as they are in the comic and didn't screw around with them really at all. I mean they are the most faithful, and more importantly, awesome looking Superman boot design I've ever seen.
My most favorite ever! I've always wanted them to look just like this. Very happy with what we're getting.

Quote:
I'm almost positive that they are. The tops definitely join flush with the body suit unlike every other superman movie suit.

It looks like it to me too.

Quote:

I'm actually shocked this is really what our Superman will look like Suit and Face. I can't say how much I'm looking forward to see this in action.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #337
Jobling
Look! Up in the sky

Quote:

Ladies and Gentlemen that´s Superman

Old 11-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #338
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sure they could. Trends change unpredictably. Despite people's issues with the trunks, they've never exactly been a deal breaker for the general movie going audience even in modern times.

You really mean you hope they won't ever be onscreen again.
No, I mean, I'd bet a good chunk of change we'll never see trunks on Superman in a live action movie again. They're gone for good pretty much. Unless it's a period movie kind of like First Class.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #339
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:

That is 100% pure, grade A awesomeness. Seriously this is perfection.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #340
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, I mean, I'd bet a good chunk of change we'll never see trunks on Superman in a live action movie again. They're gone for good pretty much. Unless it's a period movie kind of like First Class.
Okay yeah I get that, but I'm interested in how you'd back up that argument.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #341
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay yeah I get that, but I'm interested in how you'd back up that argument.
We now have no trunks in the comics and in the movie. I suspect this movie will be very successful and the franchise will be going for the next 5-7 years. There won't be a reboot of Superman for at least another decade. Maybe much longer. Trunks on superheroes have gone by the wayside long ago, and Superman was one of the last to hold strong, but not even he has lost them. Just don't see them coming back. There has been only one era in the past 80 years where trunks really made sense. Beyond that they were only kept around because of the original design.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #342
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
We now have no trunks in the comics and in the movie. I suspect this movie will be very successful and the franchise will be going for the next 5-7 years. There won't be a reboot of Superman for at least another decade. Maybe much longer. Trunks on superheroes have gone by the wayside long ago, and Superman was one of the last to hold strong, but not even he has lost them. Just don't see them coming back. There has been only one era in the past 80 years where trunks really made sense. Beyond that they were only kept around because of the original design.
I dunno, my position is that I think it's too bold a statement to say they'll be gone forever. Saying so would be underestimating the unpredictability of societal trends. Then again you're probably right that we'll never see them in new media in our lifetime, but your argument is predicated on some pretty big assumptions colored by an obvious bias against the trunks. So bottom line, who knows. We'll see.

In any case, the new suit is f-ing awesome.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #343
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

And if you want to get technical, they aren't entirely gone.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #344
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I dunno, my position is that I think it's too bold a statement to say they'll be gone forever. Saying so would be underestimating the unpredictability of societal trends. Then again you're probably right that we'll never see them in new media in our lifetime, but your argument is predicated on some pretty big assumptions colored by an obvious bias against the trunks. So bottom line, who knows. We'll see.
I agree, forever, not so much. Especially since the lawsuits are now being struck down.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #345
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I agree, forever, not so much. Especially since the lawsuits are now being struck down.
I didn't know that, interesting. Love your avvy btw.

Last edited by StarvingArtist; 11-10-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #346
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I didn't know that, interesting. Love your avvy btw.
Thanks. Animated Henry Clay.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...ight-case.html

Things look good for WB/DC at the moment.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #347
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I really want a nice ENTERTAINMENT magazine cover, featuring the suit in all it's glory. Aside from the dark bank vault picture, we have yet to have an "official" photo of the suit

Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #348
G.Godfrey
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I really want a nice ENTERTAINMENT magazine cover, featuring the suit in all it's glory. Aside from the dark bank vault picture, we have yet to have an "official" photo of the suit
I think we'll get one this month or next. I mean, it's time for one, that's for sure. Or maybe they could do something like the Empire magazine did last November, where they had two covers for TDKR, one for Batman and one for Bane and the people voted which one to uncover first but for MOS they could use Superman and Zod. Heh, TDKR got magazine covers and a bunch of official pics 8 months before the release but with MOS we still get nothing....

Old 11-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #349
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
I think we'll get one this month or next. I mean, it's time for one, that's for sure. Or maybe they could do something like the Empire magazine did last November, where they had two covers for TDKR, one for Batman and one for Bane and the people voted which one to uncover first but for MOS they could use Superman and Zod. Heh, TDKR got magazine covers and a bunch of official pics 8 months before the release but with MOS we still get nothing....
To be fair, MOS does not have the same amount of buzz around it that TDKR had. I'm not so sure we would get a dual cover because of that... as much as I would love it.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #350
The Shield
It's really Happening!

True story. I'm sure if this was The Last Son Rises (lol) we would have had covers and and more behind the scene shots and all sorts of goodies this month.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Closed Thread