The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #551
kal-el1990
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
No, because that won't happen.
This...

Old 12-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #552
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el1990 View Post
This...
This.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #553
xmangambit
I come fom the net...

Quote:
No, because that won't happen.
I know I know I'm trying hard to just imagine him being able to fly naturally but this whole thing with nolan making it real and rumors of the suit being "tech" savvy and other people saying he's anti-gravity from th bracelets it's not only annoying but a little worrying just in case it is true.

But I mean from the trailer, from the space shot (which is Outstanding) it does look natural so I'm hoping it is natural flying abilities.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #554
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmangambit View Post
I know I know I'm trying hard to just imagine him being able to fly naturally but this whole thing with nolan making it real and rumors of the suit being "tech" savvy and other people saying he's anti-gravity from th bracelets it's not only annoying but a little worrying just in case it is true.

But I mean from the trailer, from the space shot (which is Outstanding) it does look natural so I'm hoping it is natural flying abilities.
Judging by the trailer, I don't think Snyder/Nolan are trying to make it that real..

Old 12-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #555
xmangambit
I come fom the net...

OK so according to this site there will be a different trailer attached to the Hobbit.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...ler-now-online

Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #556
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
OK so according to this site there will be a different trailer attached to the Hobbit.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...ler-now-online
Interesting...

5-.-2-.-14

Old 12-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #557
xmangambit
I come fom the net...

I don't know how reliable that source is mind you.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #558
UaalaDan
Banned User

He flies in the Tornado scene, way before he dons the costume. So, no, the costume is not what makes him fly.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #559
xmangambit
I come fom the net...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
He flies in the Tornado scene, way before he dons the costume. So, no, the costume is not what makes him fly.
Does he though or does he just float with the wind like in that Smallville episode?

Old 12-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #560
dabilee01
Side-Kick

Quote:

links to these rumors?

Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #561
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:

Im sorry but no just no. Snyder is making the world feel real so when Superman is able to do all these things its completely awe inspiring.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #562
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

What jacobed said.

Anyone notice that it seems like they're trying to hide his trunkless region quite a bit?

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #563
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I don't know about hiding it but I didn't notice he wasn't wearing them the whole trailer, not that I care either way regardless. The suit looks beautiful in action even more than I thought it would. I may be ahead of myself but by the looks of it, it may be my favorite on screen Superman costume of all time.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #564
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Does he though or does he just float with the wind like in that Smallville episode?
That's still flying. Remember Clark said he was moving against the wind to get to the truck. If he were only floating on the wind he would have been sucked up and tossed away.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #565
Alien Anal
Side-Kick

His chest hair comes out the top of his costume!

They are really playing up the Man aspect.

I believe there are old drawings of superman from the 80s 90s? that has his chest hair visible

Check out my Deviant Art file
http://alienanal.deviantart.com/
Old 12-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #566
nkotb
Banned User

the cape is just not right. it should spread more over the shoulder.
thor's cape is perfect

Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #567
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
thor's cape is perfect
Thor looked like he was wearing 80's shoulder pads. GTFO.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #568
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone View Post
Anyone notice that it seems like they're trying to hide his trunkless region quite a bit?
Yup. As cool as the suit looks, it does need that flash of red in the midsection to break up the monotony of the blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
thor's cape is perfect
I get what you're saying, but I think the cape attachment looks pretty great. It's not classic Jim Lee or John Byrne, but it reminds me very much of an old Wayne Boring/Curt Swan Superman. The Thor cape is perfect...for Thor. Something as extreme wouldn't - and shouldn't - look as good on Superman.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 12-12-2012, 01:02 AM   #569
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
Yup. As cool as the suit looks, it does need that flash of red in the midsection to break up the monotony of the blue.

I get what you're saying, but I think the cape attachment looks pretty great. It's not classic Jim Lee or John Byrne, but it reminds me very much of an old Wayne Boring/Curt Swan Superman. The Thor cape is perfect...for Thor. Something as extreme wouldn't - and shouldn't - look as good on Superman.
Agreed. I think the design philosophy behind the suit was that a premium was placed on the elements that make superman masculine or majestic, while sacrificing some of the more ostentatious qualities we've seen in the suit before, ie briefs, large shoulder cape attachment, bright saturated colors. It's a good balance IMO.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #570
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

The suit is pure perfection. F**k me. I was in love with it before, now it's just... ugh, it's so damn good.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #571
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I feel the same way dude.

Love how sleek the belt line actually looks like when we see Supes reaching towards Lois hand.

The magnificent billowing cape and the navy blue (something that the latter animated series always made me want to see in live action) color of the overall suit and of course the big \S/ emblem that proudly embraces the legendary symbol at its fullest.

James Acheson knows how to redesign the classics without taking their iconic nature away. In fact I believe he accentuates all the most prominent parts quite effectively.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #572
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

The suit and the actor inside of it are both perfect looking. Thats one thing they got right!

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 12-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #573
Smallville13
Side-Kick

The suit is definitely a darker color. I'm glad the magazine cover a couple days back proved to be rather not indicative of how the it will look in the film (SHINY). I didn't mind the lighter muted hues we saw in some lighting on-set though. Perhaps it will change under different exposure levels.

The only question is why we got that clearly CGI shot of the suit towards the end of the trailer. Why was the CGI intentional? Is it perhaps nano-material?

Old 12-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #574
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
I feel the same way dude.

Love how sleek the belt line actually looks like when we see Supes reaching towards Lois hand.

The magnificent billowing cape and the navy blue (something that the latter animated series always made me want to see in live action) color of the overall suit and of course the big \S/ emblem that proudly embraces the legendary symbol at its fullest.

James Acheson knows how to redesign the classics without taking their iconic nature away. In fact I believe he accentuates all the most prominent parts quite effectively.
Very well put.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #575
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
The suit is pure perfection. F**k me. I was in love with it before, now it's just... ugh, it's so damn good.
Full agreement. My favourite Superman suit on screen, bar none. The lack of trunks is one of my favourite parts about it. The suit has all the classic aspects but doesn't feel like a relic.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Closed Thread