The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #626
Alien Anal
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

So in the latest trailer we see a shot of the suit propped up on its own with out Superman wearing it.

What do you think this could mean about how he puts the suit on?

Personally i think this show us the suit wont be "suit in a can"

Check out my Deviant Art file
http://alienanal.deviantart.com/
Old 12-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #627
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Anal View Post
So in the latest trailer we see a shot of the suit propped up on its own with out Superman wearing it.

What do you think this could mean about how he puts the suit on?

Personally i think this show us the suit wont be "suit in a can"
What does that expression even mean?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #628
Alien Anal
Side-Kick

like a nano tech like suit that would form over his body.

Check out my Deviant Art file
http://alienanal.deviantart.com/
Old 12-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #629
elgaz
Side-Kick

I'm still of the opinion that the suit will be able to shrink/retract via some form of nanotech. For modern filmgoers who demand more realistic approaches to things (even in comic-based movies...!), having the suit supposedly hidden under his Daily Planet clothes simply doesn't cut it any more.

Besides, the cape in MOS looks huge - bigger than previous versions. There's no way he's going to tuck that bad boy in anywhere. And the suit itself has quite a high neckline compared to STM, for example. Clark would never be able to wear anything other than a shirt & collar with the top button done, or else people would spot the suit.

I think the suit is simply on display waiting for Clark to find the FOS and it inside. Perhaps his 'S' keychain activates both the FOS and the suit.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #630
Zionite1
Side-Kick

I really have no problem with nanotech suit.And as shown by the new 52 it doesnt rule out the shirt rip

Old 12-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #631
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Considering this (plus glasses) is what he wears as Clark. A tight-fitting shirt and jeans. There's no hiding that long heavy cape in there.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #632
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

I thought it was perfectly possible to hide the costume under his regular clothes.....until someone mentioned the cape.

The cape is very long and regal, and necessitates a new explaination as to how he suits up.

I haven't seen how Dcnu Supes suits up, is his costume in his ring like flash?

Old 12-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #633
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
I haven't seen how Dcnu Supes suits up, is his costume in his ring like flash?
Nope,

Old 12-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #634
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Speaking of the suit, i showed my friends the trailer and a few pictures of the suit, and overall they liked both. In particular one of my friends said "Thank god they got rid of the red underwear, it looked so dorky and stupid". Lol

Old 12-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #635
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Sigh...

Cant wait to see how they explain the suit and transformation. The traditional way just seems a bit silly, but the above seems too farfetched IMO. That doesnt mean it's silly, just... not right. And too much like GL. Yeah... this will be interesting. An element coming off a bit too silly could quickly bring down something as serious and mature in tone as this.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #636
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

tbh, i'm not exactly here for a nano suit like the above picture, but i can live with it if that is the direction they go in the film.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #637
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Well he gets the suit from Jor El right so maybe it is some sort of nano tech. I mean we believe this man can fly so why can't we believe a nano tech explanation? Remember its not real world that Nolan likes its explanation.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #638
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Well, if the trailer is anything to go by, it may just be a suit-suit. Remember the shot where it's on display before the vault-shot.
Of course, that could just have been thrown in there for visuals. I dunno... I dont think they'll go nano-suit here, but rather something in-between.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #639
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Well, if the trailer is anything to go by, it may just be a suit-suit. Remember the shot where it's on display before the vault-shot.
Of course, that could just have been thrown in there for visuals. I dunno... I dont think they'll go nano-suit here, but rather something in-between.
Yeah and it's full formed so maybe he does just leave it in the fortress but that would be kind of strange considering the fact he'd have to fly half way across the world to pick up his duds.

I suppose we have to look at this in different ways, I mean originally this film was stated as just a Superman movie meaning no sequels were originally intended (of course BO always has a say in that) but if that is the case and he's not DP Clark until the end then this film won't need an explanation for the suit.

Another way could be they just don't bother to explain it or they do explain and it could be something quite ridiculous but I don't think it's that important that even if it is its gonna turn people off.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 12-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #640
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Nope,
Hmmmm... Not how I feel about this. If they do go this route and it looks good on screen then I guess I can accept it.

As far as the comics go though....not sure why they gave him biotech in the Dcnu. Maybe the movie needs an explanation as to how he suits up, but in the comics it seems an unnecessary way to update Supes imo.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #641
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah and it's full formed so maybe he does just leave it in the fortress but that would be kind of strange considering the fact he'd have to fly half way across the world to pick up his duds.
Pretty sure he just leaves it there the first time, and comes back for it when he really needs it.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #642
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
Hmmmm... Not how I feel about this. If they do go this route and it looks good on screen then I guess I can accept it.
Maybe the chain-mail look has something to do with the suit breaking up into smaller pieces. We'll see soon enough. I just pray it's not cheesy. I mean, really pray.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #643
david el
Newbie First Class

If I am right I have a feeling they have done something very clever with the suit.

Some of the shots in the tralier and teaser, it doesn't quite look the same in each shot if you look carefully...

I hope I am right when it comes out, but it may spoil it if what I think they have done, they have done and I say it now.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #644
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Nope,
I actually like that it forms out of his emblem. But the movie suit just doesn't look that complicated. The suit in the film looks more like it was made out of a Kryptonian fabric.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #645
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by david el View Post
If I am right I have a feeling they have done something very clever with the suit.

Some of the shots in the tralier and teaser, it doesn't quite look the same in each shot if you look carefully...

I hope I am right when it comes out, but it may spoil it if what I think they have done, they have done and I say it now.
Sounds interesting. Hint then? Or spoilertags.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #646
david el
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Sounds interesting. Hint then? Or spoilertags.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Look at the posters then look at the screen shots, I have feeling the teaser poster says it all...

Old 12-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #647
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Look at the posters then look at the screen shots, I have feeling the teaser poster says it all...
Yeah, not following. Care to elaborate? If people don't want to know spoilers (in the... spoilers section...) then just put it spoiler tags like you've been doing.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #648
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Yeah, not following either, heh..

Old 12-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #649
david el
Newbie First Class

Ok I am not going to blurt it out, compare the teaser poster with the trailer, compare that with the shots on the manequin both in the trailer and at comic con in the glass case.

What's the difference? Now how do you suppose it can look one way here and a different way there? was is required for this to happen?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #650
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Ok I am not going to blurt it out, compare the teaser poster with the trailer, compare that with the shots on the manequin both in the trailer and at comic con in the glass case.

What's the difference? Now how do you suppose it can look one way here and a different way there? was is required for this to happen?
Why not blurt it out? I really don't understand your hesitation, when we can't even get a reading on what it is you're talking about. I'm having to assume it's something minor that you're reading into too much, because I've seen the trailer umpteen times now, I've seen the costume in-person at Comic Con, I've seen the posters, I've compared them all together now and... got nothing.

Closed Thread