The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #751
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike22 View Post
I got a little bored today and figured I'd photoshop something, I came across this picture and thought I'd see what Cavill looked like in the classic suit.

Nice job.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #752
Krumm
Beer Snob

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist View Post
... They're standing in the middle of a salt flat in the middle of the day with the sun hitting from the back right, shadows have nothing to do with it. The suit is dark in that shot because the director wanted it that dark.
I'm not sure I follow. It sounds like shadows have everyting to do with it from how you describe it.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:24 AM   #753
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike22 View Post
i got a little bored today and figured i'd photoshop something, i came across this picture and thought i'd see what cavill looked like in the classic suit.

rip.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #754
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist View Post

Suit's too dark. Cape attachment should be bigger.

Cavill has a disturbing resemblence to John Travolta in this picture.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #755
sf2
Side-Kick

Lol. John T!!!??? I guess it's a compliment. He was a famous A listed star.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #756
Slugster
the Slugster

Quote:
I got a little bored today and figured I'd photoshop something, I came across this picture and thought I'd see what Cavill looked like in the classic suit.

I personally like the trunks but I'm good with the suit the way it is too.
Good job

Old 01-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #757
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:

Now that's just refreshing.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #758
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:

Now that's

Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #759
ifriedrice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Very nice, Mike22. I did this classic CR suit manip a while back as well.

Based on this classic marketing shot.

Last edited by ifriedrice; 01-08-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #760
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

That looks cool ifriedrice.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #761
The Shield
It's really Happening!

[QUOTE=ifriedrice;24967317]Very nice, Mike22. I did this classic CR suit manip a while back as well.

Always love your work! This looks Great!

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #762
sf2
Side-Kick

awesome!!! hopefully we can see the classic suit in the silver screen again.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #763
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Noooooo!!!It looks childish in front of the Man Of Steel costume and the new 52.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #764
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I love the classic suit as well, but why would it be on the silver screen when it's not even in the comics anymore? There's 75 years worth of media using "the classic suit". It's time for something new.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #765
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I love the classic suit as well, but why would it be on the silver screen when it's not even in the comics anymore? There's 75 years worth of media using "the classic suit". It's time for something new.
Agreed.We loved the suit cause we never saw a better,until 2012.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #766
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagosnati View Post
Agreed.We loved the suit cause we never saw a better,until 2012.
You're being sarcastic, right? You can't possibly believe the New 52 suit or even the MoS suit represent the power and iconography of Superman better than the classic suit. I don't want to get into a "what looks better on screen" debate, but the classic is considered timeless for a very good reason.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 01-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #767
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
You're being sarcastic, right? You can't possibly believe the New 52 suit or even the MoS suit represent the power and iconography of Superman better than the classic suit. I don't want to get into a "what looks better on screen" debate, but the classic is considered timeless for a very good reason.
The classic is considered timeless because its superman original costume.Not because it looks awesome and cool in live action.But the nostalgai effect makes it seem so

Old 01-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #768
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

I think Mike22's manip (along with many others) perfectly demonstrates that the classic suit can, if done correctly, look awesome and cool in live action.

Check out some of the BTS features on the Superman Returns DVD/Blu-Ray, when they were designing the costume. There are some mock suits designed that absolutely nailed it. Sadly, they ended up going with something more subdued.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #769
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Agreed

Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #770
Zeerola
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't want to get into a "what looks better on screen" debate, but the classic is considered timeless for a very good reason.
The good reason being that fanboys hate every change with passion?

Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #771
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice View Post
Very nice, Mike22. I did this classic CR suit manip a while back as well.

Based on this classic marketing shot.

Manip looks great! Still don't think a suit like that would fit the style and tone they seem to be going with in this movie though.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #772
The Shield
It's really Happening!

I think that suit would be fantastic in a JLA movie Avengers style.

It would be cool bc maybe we could finally get a Batman with this suit

Old 01-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #773
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerola View Post
The good reason being that fanboys hate every change with passion?
No. Just because he likes the classic suit doesn't mean he wants the classic back in film, it's just that the classic suit is and always will be, in my and a lot of other people's opinion, the BEST Superman suit and BEST Superman ever. When I see

I see Superman. Period. We didn't settle on the classic suit and hate the new suit because we didn't want change. We keep saying the classic suit would look great on screen because it IS Superman. Nostalgia has nothing to do with it, either. You think I saw this image in a Comic book or a TV Show? NO. Am I used to the classic suit? NO. It's just the absolute quintessence of Superman. And while it's great and I have no problem with change, this will always be The Man of Steel to me because it's awesome to me.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #774
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I think that suit would be fantastic in a JLA movie Avengers style.

It would be cool bc maybe we could finally get a Batman with this suit

It works fairly well for live action visually though it may not make much sense to wear a thin cloth-suit when going up against knives and guns.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #775
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Yeah true. I remember thinking when I was younger that he wore something under it. It wasn't until years later when they would put a protective layer on him in the comics.

Closed Thread