Some clips in the sidebar too.

Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:50 AM   #277
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Judge Dredd Reboot!! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
True. It's really an unknown at this stage. On the other hand I looked up Worthington recently and I just found out that he was born in England (I honestly didn't know), perhaps he may have a soft spot for the British made Rogue Trooper enough to push it through. We can only live in hope, I guess.
Maybe he read a few of them before moving to Aus, his like of the characters had to come from somewere I guess. Hope he gets it moving soon, although Avatar 2 & 3 are shooting soon.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:00 AM   #278
uniqueweasel
Don't Drink and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
Dredd Blu-ray Trailer 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=225Glg5CoVY

Some clips in the sidebar too.
Looks great, should of got more attention

Also is there any talk of special editions coming out, or will it be standard blu-ray/dvd's?

uniqueweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #279
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

A much more energetic trailer than the theatrical one!

rogue trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #280
Donut
Side-Kick

Just watched it & very not bad at all. I liked it. The trailers definitely could have been edited better. Then what was released

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #281
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Holy crap that trailer was so awesome. Why couldnt they have had a trailer like that when it came out in theatres? The marketing really murdered this movie, man.

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #282
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Man that trailer was so good, much better than what we got for the cinema release, hopefully this drums up some interest in people buying the DVD/BD.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 12-23-2012, 01:11 AM   #283
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Still dying to see this movie. Barely missed the theatrical run, I'll definitely catch it on Blu-Ray though.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:41 AM   #284
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
Still dying to see this movie. Barely missed the theatrical run, I'll definitely catch it on Blu-Ray though.
Its worth checking out, such a shame it didnt do well at the box office when you compare to some tripe that gets enormous figures and endless sequals.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #285
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Watched the Total Recall remake yesterday. Have to say that I enjoyed it for the most part but was rather envious of it's rather nice [and expensive looking] production design and sfx, all the time thinking what something like that would've been like in this movie.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #286
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

It would be nice but I actually dug the look in Dredd, it reminded me more of Robocop in a way.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #287
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I just watched the movie. And while I loved the movie for its grittiness, it did lack in overall entertainment and character development.

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #288
TheForgotten
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
I just watched the movie. And while I loved the movie for its grittiness, it did lack in overall entertainment and character development.
I thought it had enough character developement from Judge Anderson, who goes from completely confident about going into the job of being a Judge to realizing that she isn't emotionally ready to do what they have to on a daily basis, and Judge Dredd realizing that the "unanimous" law that he represents isn't the right way to fight crime, but at the same time the RIGHT people for the job can't handle it.

And I thought it was a great, fun ride from start to finish. The twists were also unexpecting, seeing how it looked from the trailers to be a straightforward action plot.

TheForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #289
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

I liked it a lot but I thought it lacked a great villain.
Mama is no Judge Death.

Laugh now, laugh later.

Check out my new film:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/bipolar/id867778921

gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:56 AM   #290
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

And now sadly due to morons who couldn't understand the concept that this had **** all to do with the Stallone piece of **** we'll never get a chance to see death

Yes I'm bloody bitter

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:31 AM   #291
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Great movie. A solid 10/10

Never got a chance to watch it in theaters and finally saw today. TheForgotten pretty much nailed why it was so effective.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #292
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

As a story it's pretty standard, not something breathtaking
I like it, it's a good movie, but slow motion frames shook my enjoyment level a bit
The story would have been better as an episode of a TV show

I like Stallone's Judge Dredd more, goofy execution, but a more interesting -if not exciting- plot, and more fun to sit through

And I agree with Brian Braddock about Total Recall setting and budget for this movie

Note to some of the Hype! oldies: Want to take the Lounge back? Come and take it, it's not like there is a territorial battle to win it, it's the land of the free to lounge. Make it multiflavored, make it interesting.
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #293
Spark
Side-Kick

When I watched it for a second time the slo-mo stuff felt about half as long. To the point where it wasn't that noticeable as a 'gimmick'. It just kinda fits and doesn't feel distracting at all. I suppose you're waiting for those particular scenes the first time round so you're just giving it more attention (especially in 3D).

Old 12-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #294
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I just saw this today and it's a average action flick the plot was pretty straightforward there were no twist. I felt like I saw elements of training day, game of death and 21 blocks. However it lacked the great dialogue and star power of training day(Denzel Washington) and 21blocks (Bruce Willis) plus uniquness of game of death. Visually it was gritty and real which works when its present day but for a story taking place some years in the future the tech doesnt seem that far ahead. I thought Urban was great though I'm kinda surprised that his reputation in the movie as Dredd was only known by the other judges.

I like the concept of Judge Dredd I believe with the right people behind it could be a real marketable movie franchise.I think basically they went to far left if the Stallone movie went too far right. This franchise if it's ever going to be great needs to find a nice medium that is both gritty and real but at the same time entertaing with a story and dialogue that is more than generic.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:45 AM   #295
Liam_H
Side-Kick

^I'm pretty sure you mean 16 blocks.

Finally saw it today and I liked it a lot. Urban was great as Dredd and worked well with Thirlby. Found it odd that Kay didn't realize the security measure on the Lawgiver. People in the movie would know by now using it will not work especially the criminals.

Really would like to see a sequel with the two of them returning but seems highly doubtful at this point considering its boxoffice.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #296
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
When I watched it for a second time the slo-mo stuff felt about half as long. To the point where it wasn't that noticeable as a 'gimmick'. It just kinda fits and doesn't feel distracting at all. I suppose you're waiting for those particular scenes the first time round so you're just giving it more attention (especially in 3D).
Expected nothing, waited for nothing. I entered the movie knowing nothing
Maybe on second view slow mo scenes would be less disturbing

Note to some of the Hype! oldies: Want to take the Lounge back? Come and take it, it's not like there is a territorial battle to win it, it's the land of the free to lounge. Make it multiflavored, make it interesting.
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:30 AM   #297
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I went to see the movie twice at the cinema and both times the slow mo scene's didnt seem that long to me, I think it was a great gimmick to add something different to the story.

Overall I just love the movie. Even though I rate TDKR and The Avengers higher, I actually have more complaints about them than I do Dredd.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #298
antonydelfini
Did I get You?!!

I hope lots of people buy this on Blu-Ray. Combine that with the positive reviews, I'm hoping for a miracle. Dredd is a labor of love. Best comic book movie of the year for me.

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #299
Spark
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Expected nothing, waited for nothing. I entered the movie knowing nothing
Maybe on second view slow mo scenes would be less disturbing
I'm not sure about less disturbing. Though I think reviewers over-exaggerated the level of gore. I didn't find it much worse than Robocop.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #300
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL

movie was a lot of fun and was very entertaining. i really liked it.

i also developed a major crush on olivia thirlby during the film, though i don't think she's anything special outside the film. odd.

If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote