Old 02-26-2014, 01:39 AM   #926
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Judge Dredd Reboot!! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
With the way they were setting up the universe in Dredd 3D, I don't think that Cursed Earth would be a good follow up. I think that Garland's ideas for a sequel would be the best route:

“If I got a chance to work on the sequel, and if there was a sequel (and there are a lot of variables in that). But, from my point of view, the politics is a lot of what I want to get into. There’s a lot of stuff that’s implied in the first film that you could really explore a lot more of in the second. Dredd is part of a police state, he’s a fascist. The subversives are sometimes the enemy in the comic books – there’s something really interesting about pro-democracy terrorists. Where the bad guys are the people fighting for democracy. Of course they’re not the bad guys, because you should be fighting for democracy. I would like to explore that.”

I think one of my friends summed up Dredd the best. He isn't a hero, he's a fascist with a set of morals and a code of honor with good intentions. To sum it up, he would be like the equivalent of Joseph Goebbels or Heinrich Himmler in the Nazi regime if they were somewhat decent guys. He's not the worst and has some good qualities, but in the end, still a relatively deplorable person.
I dont see why if the sequel was set in the Cursed Earth we couldnt get some politics of the Mega Cities, have Dredd in the CE, with Anderson inside trying to help in back and coming across some people in need of help.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #927
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Thirlby was hot as hell as Anderson, loved her in Dredd.
Indeed. You know your women.

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #928
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I loved that she was a strong capable character but didn't have her bits on show. No cleavage or shots of her backside in a tight costume ect... She was an equal

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:20 PM   #929
Dr. Evil
Gamora

The reboot was so much better than the Stallone film.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #930
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I loved that she was a strong capable character but didn't have her bits on show. No cleavage or shots of her backside in a tight costume ect... She was an equal
I've never cared for feminism, but I agree. She didn't have to go all tits out. Humane, natural and her "strength" wasn't being a ballbusting b*tch. They didn't overdo it nor underdo it. I bought that character.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #931
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

The casting and writing for Anderson were great. She had a nice arc in the film, and I am greedily hoping for a sequel, so they can continue her journey.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:01 PM   #932
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehmeh View Post
Indeed. You know your women.
Yep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Yeah and I think that is what made her hot to be honest, she was vulnerable, but you could see her inner toughness come out in the movie, and by the end she was a Judge, whether she wanted to admit it or not. Very good writing and just as good acting from Thirlby.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #933
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

http://xey-os.deviantart.com/art/Cas...redd-437041004

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:17 AM   #934
KevanG
Brony

I enjoyed this movie a lot, I just rewatched it again and would love a sequel. I don't think I can watch the Stallone one again as it is garbage compared to this and I wasn't even a Dredd fan before. The little I knew before (I've done some reading since) showed this was not just how to do a Dredd movie but also how to make a great movie, period. It was well written, had a great atmosphere, there was no Rob Schneider, great characters that stayed true to how the setting was placed, the effects for the SloMo were great, and finally there was no Rob Schneider.

Deadly Premonition - The best horror game you've never played.
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:18 AM   #935
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Anderson is awesome, taken in a moment of being rather occupied, saved her own skin and Dredd's instead of her needing to be saved
Best rookie in a field test

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
Proud member of H.E
I still respect members of T.H.E.M, no bad feelings toward any of them.

Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:13 PM   #936
Figs
Banned User

Just received an email that that petition for the sequel reached 100,000 signatures.

This past Saturday my wife and I went to EmeraldCityCon in Seattle and I got to meet and get an autograph from Karl Urban. I brought up Dredd and he definitely would love to do another.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:46 PM   #937
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

That's an impressive petition for a small movie. Good ol' Karl, of course he wants to do a sequel. Fingers crossed.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #938
BlackFox
Almost ninja

So does anyone know if that rumour about a Mega City One tv show was just that or did it have any substance to it?

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #939
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was a little surpried from his accent. Judging from his name I always thought he was german.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:

Last edited by gohei_; 04-05-2014 at 09:39 AM.
gohei_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #940
Blackman
C'mon Son

Sorry no new news. I just thought this article was really cool.

http://whatculture.com/film/dredd-2-...like-see.php/5

I think Dreddline sounds like an awesome idea and it would be relatively cheap. The Hunting Party sounds cool too

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:50 AM   #941
Donk
Random Jackass

I really enjoyed this movie hope they make another one. It had a nice buddy cop thing going on.

Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:33 AM   #942
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Sorry no new news. I just thought this article was really cool.

http://whatculture.com/film/dredd-2-...like-see.php/5

I think Dreddline sounds like an awesome idea and it would be relatively cheap. The Hunting Party sounds cool too
dark judges or go home

seriously its unlikely we'd get a sequel let alone a third so if a miracle happens its time for death and the boys to show

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:54 PM   #943
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

I came cross this, and it just grew my appetite for a Judge Dredd-animated project even more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CaTIJttT2U

rogue trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #944
The Sarge
Greatest DP ever

That's rad! Never seen it before. A cartoon would be awesome, but I'd prefer it with old school animation like that commercial. Hand drawn, and rough. Be too clean looking today. Probably made in toon boom.

And yeah, mabe the cursed earth wouldn't be best for a second film- but what about the last? If they managed to make a 3rd (or through some soul selling, a 4rth) they could end with Joe taking the Long walk.

The Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #945
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
That's rad! Never seen it before. A cartoon would be awesome, but I'd prefer it with old school animation like that commercial. Hand drawn, and rough. Be too clean looking today. Probably made in toon boom.

Yeah, it has a Heavy Metal-type charm to it.

rogue trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #946
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Hey everyone,

It's been an incredible year. Earlier this year, we're sure you saw Karl Urban himself praise the campaign, thank every single one of you for signing the petition, and told us to keep going!

The big 'Day of Dredd' push last September was massively successful - Dredd went straight to the top of the DVD and Blu-Ray charts in multiple countries and sparking acres of press coverage, giving a huge boost to the petition (another 30,000 of you joined up!). But that doesn't mean we're going to sit on our laurels.

We're really happy to announce that we're designating Wednesday 1st October as the Day of Dredd 2014!

This is a fan-created, fan-run, fan-made campaign and that's who makes it so special - the fans. Let's show Hollywood that we've not gone away and we're not going to take no for an answer. We want more of our favourite movie!

So, next Wednesday we're calling on everyone to shout about DREDD - buy it again on DVD or Blue-Ray, get it back up those charts or, even better, get it sold out! Watch it with friends, talk about it online, share it on your Facebook and Twitter accounts with the hashtag #DayofDredd, encourage your favourite news outlets to cover the big push, even wear your DREDD suit when you go shopping! It all helps keep DREDD in the public eye.

You ready, rookies? We can do this together - October 1st will be THE DAY OF DREDD!

Frank & Brian
Make A Dredd Sequel Campaign

https://www.facebook.com/MakeADreddSequel

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #947
Blackman
C'mon Son

Sadly, I didnt buy Dredd last Dredd day. Will make it a point to do it this time. I doubt it'll do anything, but I at least wanna show support

Old 09-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #948
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Yeah, this stuff really doesnt do anything to change the minds of studio heads, they tried it with Serenity and that still doesnt have a sequel nearly 10 years later. I bought Dredd once, my 2 brothers did as well, as much as I want a sequel, I am not buying another copy just for the sake of it.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #949
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanG View Post
I enjoyed this movie a lot, I just rewatched it again and would love a sequel. I don't think I can watch the Stallone one again as it is garbage compared to this and I wasn't even a Dredd fan before. The little I knew before (I've done some reading since) showed this was not just how to do a Dredd movie but also how to make a great movie, period. It was well written, had a great atmosphere, there was no Rob Schneider, great characters that stayed true to how the setting was placed, the effects for the SloMo were great, and finally there was no Rob Schneider.
And it's funny because the Stallone film actually made me a Dredd fan, of course I knew the source material was completely ignored but the movie is just so hammy that its one of my guilty pleasures.

Of course Karl Urban's Dredd totally blows the '95 version away it's too bad not many people saw it in theaters but hey there's always the DVD/BR.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #950
Blackman
C'mon Son

Dredd Day today. Bought mine from Amazon.

Blu Ray is less than $8.