The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 04-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #301
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

I always preferred the chest logo looking like this, rather than four limbs going up and fours down

I believe in the rightfulness of this campaign
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

#BanSawyer
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #302
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
It's probably never going to happen, but if a game went for a bright, vibrant comic look I would love this:

It already happened, the amazing spider-man levels in Shattered Dimensions

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #303
OcStat
Side-Kick

Anyone else notice the Future Foundation unlockable costume has the colors inverted? How could Beenox miss that? Kind of a drag.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #304
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
Anyone else notice the Future Foundation unlockable costume has the colors inverted? How could Beenox miss that? Kind of a drag.
I believe they did that on purpose. And I kind of like the colors inverted

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #305
OcStat
Side-Kick

Somebody filled me in that the FF suit was able to invert its colors for some reason or another, so it isn't an error.

It still looks cool but there are a lot of suits in black, this one with the original black on white would have been a refreshing change.

Last edited by OcStat; 08-30-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #306
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Yeah, and I gotta say that compared to the offerings in both SD and EoT, the alternate suits in ASM were kinda crappy. There really wasn't that much of a selection of good suits. And both the Kaine suit and the Big Time suit looked awful in game--like they were tattooed on his body rather than cloth. I pretty much just swapped between the ASM suit (no belt) and the Raimi Black suit.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #307
OcStat
Side-Kick

The Raimi black suit looks awesome, and I like the Negative Zone suit with its big eyes, but really they are too similar, Symbiote suit is my preference.

After swinging around yesterday in the FF suit I gotta say it is actually one of my favorites.

I got the game for cheap so I don't mind throwing out some money for the dlc, a few extra mini games plus the red and blue Raimi suit...sold!

Old 09-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #308
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

I guess Activision won't be helming the sequel. ..if there's one coming out of course.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #309
OcStat
Side-Kick

Activision or Beenox? Activision has been the publisher for Spider-Man games over 10 years so if they lost the property that'd be a big deal! I do think Beenox can make an improved game for the sequel since they got a lot of stuff right in this game.

I beat it the other day and after finishing the story I can say it is easily the best Spidey game on PS3. And sweet Jesus the classic blue and red Raimi suit looks so good!

Just gotta keep on trucking to that 100%, to get the new black costume.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #310
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Apparently Activision is stepping back from movie licensed games.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #311
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:
Somebody filled me in that the FF suit was able to invert its colors for some reason or another, so it isn't an error.

It still looks cool but there are a lot of suits in black, this one with the original black on white would have been a refreshing change.
I have the original design for some odd reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Yeah, and I gotta say that compared to the offerings in both SD and EoT, the alternate suits in ASM were kinda crappy. There really wasn't that much of a selection of good suits.
SD offered 4 extra suits/dimension, 4 dimensions, and this only has one Spidey
the only alternate I like is the red & blue for Ultimate
Quote:
And both the Kaine suit and the Big Time suit looked awful in game--like they were tattooed on his body rather than cloth. I pretty much just swapped between the ASM suit (no belt) and the Raimi Black suit.
I didn't get that impression with Kaine's Scarlet-Spider, and I couldn't unlock the Big Time suit
Couldn't unlock any suit by taking a photo of the hidden symbol, symbols did not show, not even with tampering with my system calendar

#BanSawyer
Old 09-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #312
OcStat
Side-Kick

Found all the collectibles, saved the free-roam city missions for last, very close to the platinum trophy and Amazing black costume!

You guys realize yet that the next Spider-Man game will most likely be on the next gen systems? I'm already excited.

I actually think the Big Time and Scarlet Spider '12 suits look great. If you look closely you can see they have texture to them, but it appears only the Raimi and Amazing suits take battle damage for whatever reason. The eyes on the Kaine costume look pretty menacing, like Spidey is ready to give a beat down. All the costumes are rendered very well, the graphics in this blow the other PS3 Spidey games out of the water.

The costume selection in this game definitely grew on me, I actually like how they used most of the current suits. Spider-Man has gotten a lot of new costumes recently and almost all of them are represented here. Plus, I would rather have the 2 suits we got from the original movies than any others from the comics. Only thing that would be better is if the suits had augmented abilities, like stealth on the big time suit or extra damage for the black costumes.

Aziz, you say your Future Foundation is the original colors? Not a black mask with white eyes like the classic symbiote suit? You should try deleting your game data (not your save data) and reinstalling, and download the latest patch, hopefully that will fix the hidden costume issue. I did notice we can't pick the Party Hat anymore which is a shame

Edit - By the time I finished my session last night I had 100%! Woot! Game = Mastered.

Last edited by OcStat; 09-15-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #313
OcStat
Side-Kick

Double post.

Last edited by OcStat; 09-15-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #314
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Found all the collectibles, saved the free-roam city missions for last, very close to the platinum trophy and Amazing black costume!

You guys realize yet that the next Spider-Man game will most likely be on the next gen systems? I'm already excited.

I actually think the Big Time and Scarlet Spider '12 suits look great. If you look closely you can see they have texture to them, but it appears only the Raimi and Amazing suits take battle damage for whatever reason. The eyes on the Kaine costume look pretty menacing, like Spidey is ready to give a beat down. All the costumes are rendered very well, the graphics in this blow the other PS3 Spidey games out of the water.

The costume selection in this game definitely grew on me, I actually like how they used most of the current suits. Spider-Man has gotten a lot of new costumes recently and almost all of them are represented here. Plus, I would rather have the 2 suits we got from the original movies than any others from the comics. Only thing that would be better is if the suits had augmented abilities, like stealth on the big time suit or extra damage for the black costumes.

Aziz, you say your Future Foundation is the original colors? Not a black mask with white eyes like the classic symbiote suit? You should try deleting your game data (not your save data) and reinstalling, and download the latest patch, hopefully that will fix the hidden costume issue. I did notice we can't pick the Party Hat anymore which is a shame

Edit - By the time I finished my session last night I had 100%! Woot! Game = Mastered.
Congrats on getting 100%! It's always a good feeling to know you've completed everything and although not always difficult it's worth doing.

I really liked ASM however it left much to be desired. The biggest detractor for me was the extremely boring free roam. I've stated this point many times, so I won't go into much detail. I'm hoping for the next game they really concentrate on that particular aspect and take notes from both SM2 and USM.

As for the bolded part...go into your PS3 and change the calendar date to any day in August 2012. That will open the option for the Party Hat. Cheers.

Old 09-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #315
OcStat
Side-Kick

There's a lot of small features that would really improve the free-roam if the developer wanted to try and be a little more inventive. Imagine swinging around and the Spider-sense starts buzzing, controller vibrates, and you need to follow it to the random crime, instead of just going to a mission start point. The fact that the side missions don't reset after 100% is a flawed design choice.

When I get the urge to play the game again I am planning to rush through the story missions and save all the extracurricular free-roam stuff at the end, so I can pop it in anytime and have a lot to do.

Another trivial thing that would be rad would be the game running a real-time night and day cycle and weather read off the actual weather in NYC at any given time. Rain, snow, etc.

If the next game (be it a movie tie-in or not) is on next gen consoles, they could set the bar very high.

Old 09-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #316
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

So... the game is comming on PS Vita.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #317
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:
Aziz, you say your Future Foundation is the original colors? Not a black mask with white eyes like the classic symbiote suit? You should try deleting your game data (not your save data) and reinstalling, and download the latest patch, hopefully that will fix the hidden costume issue.
Did those, the missing suit is still missing
I don't feel bad about the Future Foundation not being reveresed, I like the white with all the black suits in there
I feel bad for leaving this more than a month without a reply, sorry

#BanSawyer