The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #301
Spider-Aziz
The Right Way
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 44,515
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

I always preferred the chest logo looking like this, rather than four limbs going up and fours down

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Character. Marvel DC
ACRONYMS TRANSLATION


"There is no Goddamn justice in the world" ~ WolfCypher, cause USM will have season 4
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #302
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?
 
TheWallCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: a realm of non-physical existence
Posts: 5,678
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
It's probably never going to happen, but if a game went for a bright, vibrant comic look I would love this:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

It already happened, the amazing spider-man levels in Shattered Dimensions

TheWallCrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #303
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,164
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Anyone else notice the Future Foundation unlockable costume has the colors inverted? How could Beenox miss that? Kind of a drag.

OcStat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #304
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,860
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
Anyone else notice the Future Foundation unlockable costume has the colors inverted? How could Beenox miss that? Kind of a drag.
I believe they did that on purpose. And I kind of like the colors inverted

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #305
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,164
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Somebody filled me in that the FF suit was able to invert its colors for some reason or another, so it isn't an error.

It still looks cool but there are a lot of suits in black, this one with the original black on white would have been a refreshing change.


Last edited by OcStat; 08-30-2013 at 06:22 PM.
OcStat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #306
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,860
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Yeah, and I gotta say that compared to the offerings in both SD and EoT, the alternate suits in ASM were kinda crappy. There really wasn't that much of a selection of good suits. And both the Kaine suit and the Big Time suit looked awful in game--like they were tattooed on his body rather than cloth. I pretty much just swapped between the ASM suit (no belt) and the Raimi Black suit.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #307
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,164
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

The Raimi black suit looks awesome, and I like the Negative Zone suit with its big eyes, but really they are too similar, Symbiote suit is my preference.

After swinging around yesterday in the FF suit I gotta say it is actually one of my favorites.

I got the game for cheap so I don't mind throwing out some money for the dlc, a few extra mini games plus the red and blue Raimi suit...sold!

OcStat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #308
Rodrigo90
Enchantress
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 24,509
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

I guess Activision won't be helming the sequel. ..if there's one coming out of course.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #309
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,164
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Activision or Beenox? Activision has been the publisher for Spider-Man games over 10 years so if they lost the property that'd be a big deal! I do think Beenox can make an improved game for the sequel since they got a lot of stuff right in this game.

I beat it the other day and after finishing the story I can say it is easily the best Spidey game on PS3. And sweet Jesus the classic blue and red Raimi suit looks so good!

Just gotta keep on trucking to that 100%, to get the new black costume.

OcStat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #310
Rodrigo90
Enchantress
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 24,509
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Apparently Activision is stepping back from movie licensed games.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #311
Spider-Aziz
The Right Way
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 44,515
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
Somebody filled me in that the FF suit was able to invert its colors for some reason or another, so it isn't an error.

It still looks cool but there are a lot of suits in black, this one with the original black on white would have been a refreshing change.
I have the original design for some odd reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Yeah, and I gotta say that compared to the offerings in both SD and EoT, the alternate suits in ASM were kinda crappy. There really wasn't that much of a selection of good suits.
SD offered 4 extra suits/dimension, 4 dimensions, and this only has one Spidey
the only alternate I like is the red & blue for Ultimate
Quote:
And both the Kaine suit and the Big Time suit looked awful in game--like they were tattooed on his body rather than cloth. I pretty much just swapped between the ASM suit (no belt) and the Raimi Black suit.
I didn't get that impression with Kaine's Scarlet-Spider, and I couldn't unlock the Big Time suit
Couldn't unlock any suit by taking a photo of the hidden symbol, symbols did not show, not even with tampering with my system calendar

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Character. Marvel DC
ACRONYMS TRANSLATION


"There is no Goddamn justice in the world" ~ WolfCypher, cause USM will have season 4
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #312
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,164
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Found all the collectibles, saved the free-roam city missions for last, very close to the platinum trophy and Amazing black costume!

You guys realize yet that the next Spider-Man game will most likely be on the next gen systems? I'm already excited.

I actually think the Big Time and Scarlet Spider '12 suits look great. If you look closely you can see they have texture to them, but it appears only the Raimi and Amazing suits take battle damage for whatever reason. The eyes on the Kaine costume look pretty menacing, like Spidey is ready to give a beat down. All the costumes are rendered very well, the graphics in this blow the other PS3 Spidey games out of the water.

The costume selection in this game definitely grew on me, I actually like how they used most of the current suits. Spider-Man has gotten a lot of new costumes recently and almost all of them are represented here. Plus, I would rather have the 2 suits we got from the original movies than any others from the comics. Only thing that would be better is if the suits had augmented abilities, like stealth on the big time suit or extra damage for the black costumes.

Aziz, you say your Future Foundation is the original colors? Not a black mask with white eyes like the classic symbiote suit? You should try deleting your game data (not your save data) and reinstalling, and download the latest patch, hopefully that will fix the hidden costume issue. I did notice we can't pick the Party Hat anymore which is a shame

Edit - By the time I finished my session last night I had 100%! Woot! Game = Mastered.


Last edited by OcStat; 09-15-2013 at 12:07 PM.
OcStat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #313
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,164
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Double post.


Last edited by OcStat; 09-15-2013 at 11:47 AM.
OcStat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #314
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,860
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
Found all the collectibles, saved the free-roam city missions for last, very close to the platinum trophy and Amazing black costume!

You guys realize yet that the next Spider-Man game will most likely be on the next gen systems? I'm already excited.

I actually think the Big Time and Scarlet Spider '12 suits look great. If you look closely you can see they have texture to them, but it appears only the Raimi and Amazing suits take battle damage for whatever reason. The eyes on the Kaine costume look pretty menacing, like Spidey is ready to give a beat down. All the costumes are rendered very well, the graphics in this blow the other PS3 Spidey games out of the water.

The costume selection in this game definitely grew on me, I actually like how they used most of the current suits. Spider-Man has gotten a lot of new costumes recently and almost all of them are represented here. Plus, I would rather have the 2 suits we got from the original movies than any others from the comics. Only thing that would be better is if the suits had augmented abilities, like stealth on the big time suit or extra damage for the black costumes.

Aziz, you say your Future Foundation is the original colors? Not a black mask with white eyes like the classic symbiote suit? You should try deleting your game data (not your save data) and reinstalling, and download the latest patch, hopefully that will fix the hidden costume issue. I did notice we can't pick the Party Hat anymore which is a shame

Edit - By the time I finished my session last night I had 100%! Woot! Game = Mastered.
Congrats on getting 100%! It's always a good feeling to know you've completed everything and although not always difficult it's worth doing.

I really liked ASM however it left much to be desired. The biggest detractor for me was the extremely boring free roam. I've stated this point many times, so I won't go into much detail. I'm hoping for the next game they really concentrate on that particular aspect and take notes from both SM2 and USM.

As for the bolded part...go into your PS3 and change the calendar date to any day in August 2012. That will open the option for the Party Hat. Cheers.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #315
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,164
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

There's a lot of small features that would really improve the free-roam if the developer wanted to try and be a little more inventive. Imagine swinging around and the Spider-sense starts buzzing, controller vibrates, and you need to follow it to the random crime, instead of just going to a mission start point. The fact that the side missions don't reset after 100% is a flawed design choice.

When I get the urge to play the game again I am planning to rush through the story missions and save all the extracurricular free-roam stuff at the end, so I can pop it in anytime and have a lot to do.

Another trivial thing that would be rad would be the game running a real-time night and day cycle and weather read off the actual weather in NYC at any given time. Rain, snow, etc.

If the next game (be it a movie tie-in or not) is on next gen consoles, they could set the bar very high.

OcStat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #316
Green Goblin
Re-Reboot!
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,332
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

So... the game is comming on PS Vita.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
2017 Spidey reboot ideas
The following post is my opinion so take it as you will.
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #317
Spider-Aziz
The Right Way
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 44,515
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
Aziz, you say your Future Foundation is the original colors? Not a black mask with white eyes like the classic symbiote suit? You should try deleting your game data (not your save data) and reinstalling, and download the latest patch, hopefully that will fix the hidden costume issue.
Did those, the missing suit is still missing
I don't feel bad about the Future Foundation not being reveresed, I like the white with all the black suits in there
I feel bad for leaving this more than a month without a reply, sorry

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Character. Marvel DC
ACRONYMS TRANSLATION


"There is no Goddamn justice in the world" ~ WolfCypher, cause USM will have season 4
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:21 AM   #318
Spider-Aziz
The Right Way
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 44,515
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

So, I'm playing this game again.
This game is still more fun than the sequel, and it makes me sad to say that.
But I can't place all the blame on Beenox for the lackluster (although still enjoyable) sequel.
I will blame Beenox on the terrible port of a sequel with toned down graphics.

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Character. Marvel DC
ACRONYMS TRANSLATION


"There is no Goddamn justice in the world" ~ WolfCypher, cause USM will have season 4
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:44 AM   #319
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,860
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
So, I'm playing this game again.
This game is still more fun than the sequel, and it makes me sad to say that.
But I can't place all the blame on Beenox for the lackluster (although still enjoyable) sequel.
I will blame Beenox on the terrible port of a sequel with toned down graphics.
I still haven't purchased the ASM2 game. I don't think I've ever gone this long without purchasing/playing a Spidey game. Guess I'm tired of mediocrity.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #320
Spider-Aziz
The Right Way
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 44,515
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I still haven't purchased the ASM2 game. I don't think I've ever gone this long without purchasing/playing a Spidey game. Guess I'm tired of mediocrity.
TASM2 is the first Spidey game I can fully agree on calling it a mediocre game, I'm enjoying it more than I did the first time, but man is it sad.
Some of the improvements made for that game should have made it more fun by default.

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Character. Marvel DC
ACRONYMS TRANSLATION


"There is no Goddamn justice in the world" ~ WolfCypher, cause USM will have season 4
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:06 AM   #321
Rodrigo90
Enchantress
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 24,509
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

I like TASM2 game.

Not as much as the first game. And I agree, it's sad. I get kind of a rushed and depressing feeling about the game.
And I got tired of constantly having to stop crimes/disasters. If they eliminated that stupid Hero/Menace meter, I might've enjoyed it a little more.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Winner of the SHH Best Writer Award
Thank You!
My FanFic Page


~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #322
Spider2099
Side-Kick
 
Spider2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,517
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

I thought the first game was OK but nothing special. Second game was even worse. Spider-Man just happens to be in the wrong hands at the moment.

__________________
Spider-Man 2 (9/10), Spider-Man (8/10), TASM (7.5/10), SM3 (6/10), TASM2 (5/10)
*Spider-Man has made it to the MCU!*
Spider2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #323
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,860
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
TASM2 is the first Spidey game I can fully agree on calling it a mediocre game, I'm enjoying it more than I did the first time, but man is it sad.
Some of the improvements made for that game should have made it more fun by default.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I like TASM2 game.

Not as much as the first game. And I agree, it's sad. I get kind of a rushed and depressing feeling about the game.
And I got tired of constantly having to stop crimes/disasters. If they eliminated that stupid Hero/Menace meter, I might've enjoyed it a little more.
Sad, indeed.

One thing I've always given Beenox credit for is listening to the fans. Just about everything that people were writing them and suggesting after the first game debuted they put into ASM2. More random crimes that continue even after story mode completion, Peter Parker activities, advances in combat i.e. countering two enemies at the same time, more challenging/realistic web swinging, etc. and for the most part these things seem good. However, even though they included these ideas the problem appears to be their implementation. And I'm just going by YT videos that I've watched and also user comments cause I still haven't played this game. It's like for every advance they took two steps backward.

I'm not sure this falls solely on Beenox or if this is a result of a low budget and the moronic ideals Activision holds to their games, unless of course it rhymes with CoD. As an example of taking steps backward, they included never-ending random crimes in a greater number of types than what was in ASM. But with an annoying Hero/Menace system that is more of a burden than a challenge and cut scenes both prior to and following the crimes--the flow is gone and you're taken out of the experience.

IMO, the free roam is the most important aspect of an open-world Spidey game. That includes everything associated with it, web swinging mechanics and other mobility mechanics to the fun you should experience while tackling random activities. Beenox somehow seemingly managed to botch it not once but twice.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:09 PM   #324
spiderman2
Side-Kick
 
spiderman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,500
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I still haven't purchased the ASM2 game. I don't think I've ever gone this long without purchasing/playing a Spidey game. Guess I'm tired of mediocrity.
I got it like 2 months ago for 29.99 but almost ever game I get I get the day it comes out for the 59.99

__________________
Top 10 CBM off all time
1.Dark knight rises 2.Spider man 2 3.Batman begins 4.The amazing spider man 2 5.Dark knight 6.Xmen DOFP 7.Cap winter solder 8.XMEN FC. 9.Amazing spider man 10.spider man
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:18 PM   #325
Spider-Aziz
The Right Way
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 44,515
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Those dragging cutscenes are a pain, I'm glad they don't exist in the first TASM, mostly.

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Character. Marvel DC
ACRONYMS TRANSLATION


"There is no Goddamn justice in the world" ~ WolfCypher, cause USM will have season 4
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.