Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 12-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #76
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
I'm actually kind of tired of this swinging:

I hope that in the next game you can actually chose what type of swinging style. I actually liked the kind of swinging the indoor places. It's just that when your webs go nowhere it's pretty boring.
If that was the case I wouldn't play WoS now, webs there hardly stick to buildings
Not having proper control of the swing line and they all being standard length is a pain in the head, and annoying to resist and change direction hanging to one webline

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #77
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrooksgohan View Post
I haven't played this game in a while. It was ok at first but the swing system is so frustrating. It feels like the game is playing for me.
Exactly my complaint about the web-swing. I'm glad someone else sees this.
I won't shut up until I get a swinging system as wonderful as SM2's.

There's just no challenge in web-swinging. We just need to choose if we go left or if we go right. We can't even properly speed up. ASM's system should be used only for the aerial battles. That's when it is most appropriated.

Quote:
I also wish that the web system was better than what it was. I think it's dumb that we can only fire web bullets and not have different types of webbing. Like thick,thin strand,spaghetti, web net,etc.
Agreed again. Waste of use for the directional buttons, which does nothing in the game besides hiding the map.
Have, for example:

''UP'' to change the style of the webbing. Every time we press it it changes between blinding webs, the impact webs, the web net and others.

''DOWN'' to change the web-swing style. Have SM2's system as the standard but, when an aerial fight is going to happen, like against the Hunters
in ASM, change the style for a more appropriated and fun fight to ASM's system. Same for indoor areas.

''LEFT'' to change to the web-bullets. I think it would be better to immediately change to this instead of looking for it in the web styles. Since we could quickly need it.

''RIGHT'' to change to the web-grab. I miss being able to grab up to 4 enemies at the same time with my web and being able to spin them around, or just tapping the button to pull their guns from their hands, or to grab an enemy and take him in a web-swing.

Thinking about it, they should revamp almost the entire control.

Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #78
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
He/she's not the first to say that
Quote:
Agreed again. Waste of use for the directional buttons, which does nothing in the game besides hiding the map.
Have, for example:

''UP'' to change the style of the webbing. Every time we press it it changes between blinding webs, the impact webs, the web net and others.

''DOWN'' to change the web-swing style. Have SM2's system as the standard but, when an aerial fight is going to happen, like against the Hunters
in ASM, change the style for a more appropriated and fun fight to ASM's system. Same for indoor areas.

''LEFT'' to change to the web-bullets. I think it would be better to immediately change to this instead of looking for it in the web styles. Since we could quickly need it.

''RIGHT'' to change to the web-grab. I miss being able to grab up to 4 enemies at the same time with my web and being able to spin them around, or just tapping the button to pull their guns from their hands, or to grab an enemy and take him in a web-swing.

Beenox, please read and adapt this, pretty please apply it to the next free roam game you build

Old 12-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #79
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

I've never cared for the swinging system in SM2. I'm a fan of the swing style found in the Ultimate Spider-man game and therefore I found the system in ASM awesome. I can understand why people do have love for the SM2 style though.

That being said I do think it would be cool if Beenox included an option for different swing styles in the next game. I'm not sure how much time or difficulty in programming that could create but it could possibly work. I found the indoor swinging from ASM to be perfect and that should def remain in place.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #80
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

USM has it like Spider-Man 2, no swinging choice, no upward swinging going 180 up, no dual lines
It was watered down, still swinging in USM is superior to swinging in ASM, there is control of when to leave the line and which direction to aim it, and webline climbing (only upgrade to SM2 swinging)

Old 12-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #81
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
I won't shut up until I get a swinging system as wonderful as SM2's.

There's just no challenge in web-swinging. We just need to choose if we go left or if we go right. We can't even properly speed up. ASM's system should be used only for the aerial battles. That's when it is most appropriated.

Have, for example:

Those kind of controlles would definitely kill the flow of the combat if you'd have to chose with the D-pad like that.

I'd much prefer they have stuff like that as button combinations (I'm talking about free flow combat now btw). For example, a blinding web is LB+Y (L1 + Triangle) and a web net is LB+B (L1 + Circle). A web projectile (just one at a time, that would knock a person's head) could be LB+X (L1 + Square). Etc. To not overuse those attacks, have it like in the Arkham games where you'd have to fill a combo meter first. Though they should all just require a small amount such as x3.

Then have finishing moves and other things like that with combinations such as X+Y, Y+B and B+A just like in the Arkham games, but with x5 at the combo meter.

If the gameplay requires a change of web swinging style (which could be completely weird if he at one moment swings like SM2 and in the next like in ASM, both outside), then the change should come automatically and not require you to press a button. Wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

The D-Pad should IMO be used as other things. Up could for example be bullet time activator (used when guys are shooting at you) which would also let you dodge bullets and attack enemies very stylishly. Down could be for Spider Tracer. Left could be to very quickly (about one second) see danger around you (think like pressing L3 on inFamous). Right could be for the camera (hold down for a second to make Spidey hold up the camera to take pictures "normally", tap to make Spidey web up the camera somewhere before a fight or something else).

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #82
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Those kind of controlles would definitely kill the flow of the combat if you'd have to chose with the D-pad like that.
Flow of combat ruined by pressing the D-Pad while swinging or changing web attack style and not hand to hand?
They can do it without damaging the flow of combat, Friend or Foe did it and allowed web style change, didn't hurt the flow of attacks delivered
Quote:
If the gameplay requires a change of web swinging style (which could be completely weird if he at one moment swings like SM2 and in the next like in ASM, both outside), then the change should come automatically and not require you to press a button. Wouldn't make any sense otherwise.
I'd rather have control of change, don't want random confusing change in swinging style

Old 12-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #83
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I don't know what would be bad with a linear game.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #84
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
I don't know what would be bad with a linear game.
Annoying glitches
Frame freeze

Old 12-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #85
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Like that doesn't happen with free roam games?

Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #86
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Happens more with free roam games =p
What doesn't work for linear games these days is the swinging style used in the PS1

Old 12-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #87
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jick09 View Post

''up'' to change the style of the webbing. Every time we press it it changes between blinding webs, the impact webs, the web net and others.

''down'' to change the web-swing style. Have sm2's system as the standard but, when an aerial fight is going to happen, like against the hunters
in asm, change the style for a more appropriated and fun fight to asm's system. Same for indoor areas.

''left'' to change to the web-bullets. I think it would be better to immediately change to this instead of looking for it in the web styles. Since we could quickly need it.

''right'' to change to the web-grab. I miss being able to grab up to 4 enemies at the same time with my web and being able to spin them around, or just tapping the button to pull their guns from their hands, or to grab an enemy and take him in a web-swing.

hell yes

Old 12-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #88
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Anyone think TASM2 could be on next-gen consoles?

Old 12-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #89
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Now that you mention it I do
Before that I thought of nothing
Dang, PS3 will get a watered down version, probably ignoring what the PS3 can do and make it pretty bad compared to TASM in certain ways

Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #90
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
If that was the case I wouldn't play WoS now, webs there hardly stick to buildings
Not having proper control of the swing line and they all being standard length is a pain in the head, and annoying to resist and change direction hanging to one webline
I love the camera and everything, it's just the fact that he does the same moves. I love the sense of momentum but I didn't like the Swing->Drop-> Swing control. Plus I think the lack of control plays a factor too.( No jumping)
Observe:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Web of Shadows has flips and jumps, which make it more entertaining but it would be AMAZING with a sense of momentum like in ASM.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #91
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:

I'd much prefer they have stuff like that as button combinations (I'm talking about free flow combat now btw). For example, a blinding web is LB+Y (L1 + Triangle) and a web net is LB+B (L1 + Circle). A web projectile (just one at a time, that would knock a person's head) could be LB+X (L1 + Square). Etc. To not overuse those attacks, have it like in the Arkham games where you'd have to fill a combo meter first. Though they should all just require a small amount such as x3.

Then have finishing moves and other things like that with combinations such as X+Y, Y+B and B+A just like in the Arkham games, but with x5 at the combo meter.

The D-Pad should IMO be used as other things. Up could for example be bullet time activator (used when guys are shooting at you) which would also let you dodge bullets and attack enemies very stylishly. Down could be for Spider Tracer. Left could be to very quickly (about one second) see danger around you (think like pressing L3 on inFamous). Right could be for the camera (hold down for a second to make Spidey hold up the camera to take pictures "normally", tap to make Spidey web up the camera somewhere before a fight or something else).
Quite a stretch to say that it would definitely kill the flow of the combat. I believe it's much easier than having to memorize the combination of buttons to do the specific attack, which you might miss in tight situations, which requires more urgency, like in the Arkham games.

Alas, I didn't suggest that to help on the flow of the combat, but to easily manage the many different styles of webbing and the different uses we could give to that, which came from kbrooksgohan complaint about the many different ways we could use the web. Notice that all of the directional functions I suggested are web related. I think it would be interesting to reserve the directional only for that.

We could tap the L3 here as well to see the danger around and the R3 for the camera. Tap both L3 and R3 at the same time to enter the spider-sense mode which gives us, like in SM2, a slow motion sense, allowing us to more quickly and accurately dodge the bullets and even unlock new attacks that we wouldn't do on the normal mode.

As for automatically changing the web-swing styles, it's like Spider-Aziz said, I don't want to be forced into the change. I want to have control of it. I want to be able to do it or to just run away with my standard swing, which is way, way faster than ASM's swing. The player could use whatever style they like at whatever moment they feel like but, like many other moves, there are moments where one move is more called for than the other.

Last edited by Jick; 12-12-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 AM   #92
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quite a stretch to say that it would definitely kill the flow of the combat. I believe it's much easier than having to memorize the combination of buttons to do the specific attack, which you might miss in tight situations, which requires more urgency, like in the Arkham games.
What's so hard about memorizing that? They aren't that many. I had no problem memorizing the Arkham moves. Having those attacks as button combinations and then have those others things I mentioned for the D-Pad would make room for all these things to be smooth options. It wouldn't for example make any sense at all to have the Spider Tracer as X+Y for example. And the shoulder buttons should be used for swinging, running faster etc. IMO.

Quote:
Alas, I didn't suggest that to help on the flow of the combat, but to easily manage the many different styles of webbing and the different uses we could give to that, which came from kbrooksgohan complaint about the many different ways we could use the web. Notice that all of the directional functions I suggested are web related. I think it would be interesting to reserve the directional only for that.
It doesn't matter whether you suggested it for one thing or the other. If it kills the flow of the combat, then it does no matter what intentions you have, and then you only create a new problem when trying to fix another. I would hate to have to scroll through web styles with the d-pad while in a free flow combat to make cool web moves.

Quote:
We could tap the L3 here as well to see the danger around and the R3 for the camera. Tap both L3 and R3 at the same time to enter the spider-sense mode which gives us, like in SM2, a slow motion sense, allowing us to more quickly and accurately dodge the bullets and even unlock new attacks that we wouldn't do on the normal mode.
Having to press L3 and R3 at the same time to enter spider sense would feel clumpsy and annoying. When trying to press those at the same time it's pretty easy to by mistake for example move the L3 or R3 around. It's also not very comfortable for the hands to press those two at the same time so often. At least for me.

Quote:
As for automatically changing the web-swing styles, it's like Spider-Aziz said, I don't want to be forced into the change. I want to have control of it. I want to be able to do it or to just run away with my standard swing, which is way, way faster than ASM's swing. The player could use whatever style they like at whatever moment they feel like but, like many other moves, there are moments where one move is more called for than the other.
Thing is, it doesn't make sense to in one moment swing very realistically with the realistic momentum and all that like in SM2, to in the next moment swing slow with no sense of real physics like in ASM. You have to have either one of those and go with it throughout the whole game. It would feel extremely much like Beenox can't decide whether to go the fast and realistic route or the air combat friendly web swinging and it would take you out of the moment alot.

For air combat you should use your Web Rush, Web Strike and Web Zips to stay in the air. EDIT: As that would 1) feel better coupled with the realistic web swinging (even though web strikes and zips break the laws of physics alot but it gives a kinda "fake" sense of realism that the slow web swinging doesn't), and 2) it would be way more fun because that would actually be a little challenging, look more badass and feel more rewarding.

So yeah, I'm actually against having two web swinging options at all now that I think about it, automatic or manual.

Last edited by Oscorp; 12-13-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #93
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
What's so hard about memorizing that? They aren't that many. I had no problem memorizing the Arkham moves. Having those attacks as button combinations and then have those others things I mentioned for the D-Pad would make room for all these things to be smooth options.
The problem isn't to memorize, it's to miss the right combination for something else when you're in a tight situation. In Arkham City, there were many moments where there were like 20 guys trying to hit me with knives and other things that need attention for a special attack, but in the hurry of the situation, in the urgency, I mistakenly used the wrong move while intending to use another one, even though I know all of the combinations and what they do. It happens.
I'm not against that at all, but have these combinations for special attacks, like spinning and wrapping everyone in the room with web, for example.

Quote:
It doesn't matter whether you suggested it for one thing or the other.
It doesn't matter to you, then. I'm not talking about improving the combat, I'm talking about having the d-pad, which was worthless the last time, as a solution to the problem with the many different ways of using the web, which are way more than just 4 different combat moves to be delegated to the L1 + X, O, Square or Δ.

Quote:
If it kills the flow of the combat, then it does no matter what intentions you have, and then you only create a new problem when trying to fix another. I would hate to have to scroll through web styles with the d-pad while in a free flow combat to make cool web moves.
This is in your head. Did the webs break the flow of the combat to you in the first game? You fought in the first game without having webs breaking the flow of the combat. This is just a new addition for more options on how to use the web. Stop thinking of the webs on the d-pad as special moves and think of them the same way you think of Batman's gadgets in the Arkham games. You can use them on combat, but you don't keep bringing them to the fight all the time. Sometimes, you pre-select the gadget you're going to use before the fight. And it's hard to see how a quick tap on the right directional to change to the impact web could kill the flow.

Quote:
Having to press L3 and R3 at the same time to enter spider sense would feel clumpsy and annoying. When trying to press those at the same time it's pretty easy to by mistake for example move the L3 or R3 around. It's also not very comfortable for the hands to press those two at the same time so often. At least for me.
I don't have this problem. The same thing could also be said to the L1 + button combinations or button + button combinations. The L3 + R3 are used on other games to activate a super mode, like in God of War to activate the lightning/fire armor or to bring the sword, or Devil May Cry to activate the Devil Trigger, or InFamous to activate its super mode. It's common.

Quote:
Thing is, it doesn't make sense to in one moment swing very realistically with the realistic momentum and all that like in SM2, to in the next moment swing slow with no sense of real physics like in ASM. You have to have either one of those and go with it throughout the whole game. It would feel extremely much like Beenox can't decide whether to go the fast and realistic route or the air combat friendly web swinging and it would take you out of the moment alot.
Or maybe they'd be trying to appeal to everyone, not just people who loved SM2 (which they said was serving as inspiration for this game) and those who loved ASM.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #94
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
Web of Shadows has flips and jumps, which make it more entertaining but it would be AMAZING with a sense of momentum like in ASM.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Sweet swinging

Old 12-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #95
Oscorp
Side-Kick

When's the next big game event?

Old 12-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #96
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Let's do something fun for once and write some fan story for a Spidey game.

Don't bash me too hard haha! I'm just writing something I just recently thought of. Or wait, bash me if needed. Some criticism doesn't hurt.

Villains have gathered again to try to rule the city. How?

It seems like an ordinary day. Spidey is doing what he uses to do, stopping bad guys, saving people etc. Here's the whole introduction of the game where you learn the controls and stuff and doing some side missions. The first story mission is for Spidey to stop a gang of robbers lead by Shocker to rob a bank (yeah, the usual thing).

Until one day where every screen in New York is hackedby a man talking to the people (think like the guy in inFamous). He says the world wasn't meant to be populated by people with God-like powers and that higher forces will put an end to it. The evil forces will take over the city to show the rest of the world. It will be an Apocalypse or doomsday of New York. He speaks about it like a prophecy before the screens turn back to normal.

The people react with a "uh whatever that dude's just another crazy one" and life goes on like normal with some more normal missions for Spidey.

Cut to a week later or something and when Peter wakes up in his room, he opens the window and sees that the sky is crimson red. When swinging around, the TV's are hacked again by the same guy who says it has begun or something like that. Now people are starting to get more worried.

Suddenly **** starts to happen. The water starts to become stormy at certain parts and huge waves destroy the bridges. Other things happen as well that I can't come up with haha!

Now this man who hacked the screens stands at the Time Square or something, and talks to a huge crowd about how he was right. But he says there's one way to stop it. To join him against the one who (according to him) started all the things that made the higher forces rage: Spider-Man. Spidey witnesses this on a rooftop from above and he's like "They will never believe this stupidity!". But to Spider-Man's shock, there's now a target on his head, even the cops. Spidey knows already that something's not right, that there must be a villain behind this.

Blah blah, stuff happens...chaos.

Norman Osborn of course also understands that this whole doomsday thing isn't real but he wants to take advantage of this whole situation. Now he hacks the screens (OK I can't come up with anything better haha) as Green Goblin and promises that he will provide those who join him in this battle weapons. Now a new gang is born (yeah that Goblin gang with those tattoos from the comics).

Then there's this huge blackout in New York. Cut to the hospital where Eddie Brock (for some reason) is. Suddenly, just like in TAS from the 90's, a nurse comes in and collapses and the symbiote leaves her and returns to its real host: Eddie. Venom is back in town. Seeing as how everyone has a target on Spidey's head, Venom feels he's in a hurry. He doesn't want anyone else to have the pleasure of killing Peter, he wants to do it himself.

Blah blah, more chaos. In the dark there are people getting killed and dragged to the sewers. He's also killing those who's fled to the sewers for shelter. Yes, Connors has somehow turned back into Lizard and Spidey has to stop him as well.

More and more chaos, more and more preaching from that mysterious man etc. Green Goblin's gang getting bigger and bigger. Burning buildings and so on. The head on the Statue of Liberty is now shaped as a skull and it really looks like doomsday has reached them.

Doc Ock appears and claims that he will be the savior and the mysterious man supports him. Now Doc Ock is free to do whatever he wants since the people trust him and he and Spidey battles. Doc Ock wins the fight and holds Spidey up in public and whispers something like "I have finally beaten you! This was all my plan and shows why I'm the smartest there is!" or something less cheesy. But just when he's about to unmask Spidey Doc Ock is attacked by Venom and flees the fight. Now there's instead this awesome battle against Venom.

Spider-Man, now knowing it's all a plan by Doc Ock realises that all the chaos is caused by other super villains that he's gathered. Blah blah, he fights Hydro-Man. He then battles Sandman. Next is Scorpion or somehow who gets in the picture (he's like: "I'm the natural predator of Spider-Man so I'm out to kill him"). Then Spidey battles Electro and makes all the electricity go back to the city. Now he's able to re-create a cure for Lizard. He also confronts the mysterious man who turns out to be a robot by Mysterio that somehow hypnotised all the people around him to obey his orders. It turns out that the skull on the statue, and other stuff were hologram things created by him as well. The red sky was also a huge hologram, so Spidey seeks out to destroy those machines and then battles Mysterio himself.

Then Spidey seeks out to Doc Ock's lair and fights him as well. It turns out it was Doc Ock who had found the symbiote and made it go back to Eddie, because he had hoped a fight between them would weaken Spidey before taking him down himself, so it's ironic that Venom was the one to interrupt them.

Then when you think everything is done and you've saved the city and turned it back to normal, Green Goblin appears for a final fight. I don't know what happened to his gang because I can't come up with anything haha. But anyway, the final battle should be epic. It appears it was Norman who somehow made Connors go back to Lizard form (he knows it's Connors somehow) to wreak some more havoc because he enjoyed it or something like that.

Then when Green Goblin is defeated, you've finished the game.

Yes, the story may suck a bit haha I just came up with stuff while writing this so there's not much thought behind it. But I think it would be a kind of story that differs from anything else we've had before, and a pretty cool way to tie some villains to the story.

What do you guys think?

Sorry for the bad English.

EDIT: Of course not everyone was hypnotized by the robot. But people always follow the masses, so even people who weren't hypnotized believed in this since so many others did. That's how Green Goblin managed to have this gang.

Also, this kind of story could be like a subtle message of how people so easily obey orders by big profiles and religious things.

EDIT 2: It would also fit the context of this time when people are talking about the ends of the Earth so much.

Last edited by Oscorp; 12-13-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #97
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Another thing to add that I forgot:

What would be the purpose for all of this for Ock?

Well, as the mysterious man said, this would maybe end if Spidey is defeated once and for all, since according to him it was Spidey who started all of this. So if Doc Ock had defeated Spidey, Mysterio and the other villains would make the city look normal again, except that people would still be hypnotized and people would look at Doc Ock as some kind of savior who's free to rule over the city.

EDIT: Also, one would think "Why not just hypnotize everyone into obey Doc Ock immediately? Well, that would make Spider-Man, as well as others, realise the plan (that the mysterious guy is a hypnotizing robot etc.) immediately and stop it too quickly. And why all the chaos caused by the villains? To make people believe in it all.

Also, I'd like to add that Electro could make telephones and computers stop working so they can't contact others outside of New York. And Mysterio's sky illusion could be made to that New York still looks normal to the airplanes above.

The story may be a little overly ambigious with too many villains for a game (Shocker, Doc Ock, Hydro-Man, Electro, Sandman, Mysterio, Venom, Lizard, Scorpion, Green Goblin) but I think something like this could work out well

Last edited by Oscorp; 12-13-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #98
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
When's the next big game event?
This made me think of how important it is to avoid repeating the move they used for this game
This game story did a good thing using the plot of cross-species, it worked fine
I hope they don't do something similar and expand the Electro idea for the next game, I'd prefer seeing s different idea in the work

Old 12-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #99
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
This made me think of how important it is to avoid repeating the move they used for this game
This game story did a good thing using the plot of cross-species, it worked fine
I hope they don't do something similar and expand the Electro idea for the next game, I'd prefer seeing s different idea in the work
With game even I meant like Tokyo Game Show and things like that.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #100
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

I'm actually liking that plot. It's a nice "Master Planner" story. My only problem is that it feels like you just stuffed villains at the gap between Doc Ock reveal and the end. The game would be like 20 hours long. But don't worry, I can relate.

Now for my story.

The Adventures of Spider-man, and that's what the game is, literally the Adventures of Spider-Man.

Personally, I would give a more Saint's Row/GTA approach. Now by that I don't mean webbing up civilians randomly or going into stores or anything. Instead, I mean for a game in which you can play as Peter and SM. As PP, you would do random things of your choice unless you had to further the story. There could be a moment in the game where you have to get something from the store and there's a robbery or something. There would be interactive features, (GO HOME: Aunt May want's something done. VISIT DAILY BUGLE: Missions like in US and SM2. GO TO STORE: Robbery GO TO SEWERS: To explore or for a Lizard mission. They're places you can go that activate some event. Throughout the story,it would be subplot mania. There is the Lizard story, the Venom saga, and eventually the Sinister Six, the Green Goblin Story, and other villains. These missions would have to be activated by going to places. At first, it would be the Daily Bugle. For example, JJ tells you that there are Lizards= Lizard saga. People being snatched up by sand= Sandman mission. I actually like how that was integrated into Spider-Man 3 The Video Game. Although in my game the stories would actually have an affect on the game, it would be Mission part 2 or part 3 because you would have to go to different places to further the mission, but no icons because that takes away from the imagination. You could chose multiple missions at the same time, but you have a timer on each mission. Now this sounds like an interminable game,
but the timer element adds some guilt to it. Between each mission location(You know, Return here, go there, etc.) you have free roam, but if you decide to slack off, the mission will run out with some bad cutscene with MISSION FAILED. If you fail all of them it's GAME OVER with an ending having Peter Parker quit. If you succeed in all missions, you have an awesome cutscene. If you did more than you didn't do Peter is happy but realizes he has a long way to go and that the city needs him. If you have more failed than completed, Peter pities himself and thinks about quitting. (CLIFFHANGER!) Every time you start the game on Free Roam, it would say MISSION TIMER STARTED. The only way to free roam forever is to never start a mission, which is boring. So, just like PP, you have to balance your responsibilities! A finale mission is the is the last mission you choose to do. When you finish each mission you progress the game until all are completed. Each mission, however is like it's own thing. For example: You finish the Venom saga, at the end Spidey says oh I don't know: I'll never change, With great power, comes great responsibility, and the mission ends with him swinging into the sunset or something. So it's like you end the game every time you finish a mission and at the finale mission of your choice, he says something cool or does a montage through the city, and it's over.(Unless a timer ran out) I really like this "choice" system. Every ending of every mission depends on you.

So, now for features: Camera is exclusive to missions. (Come on guys, did you really like taking pictures of random stuff in the city?) Suits? Please, they better get those rendering guys, because I want a lot of Bonus suits. A suit for every mission, that way you still "earn your pay". The suit quality depends on the mission. Venom Saga? You have unlocked the Black suit. Vulture story? Alex Ross suit or somethin' like that. (Unlock is a wonderful phrase in video games imo.) Cutscenes are at every mission, and at the beginning, you have an origin cutscene. I want the game to have a realistic (ASM) yet cartoony ( USM) look to it. The bonus features would be bios, statues, custscenes and suits. You can have the ability to replay missions at the end. I would keep side missions with more variety and I wouldn't mind some actual villains rather than just thugs. I want bank robberies, jewel thefts(Black Cat side mission, anyone?) shoot-outs, the works. Maybe even some crime boss side missions? YOU HAVE WIPED OUT THE KINGPIN CRIME WAVE, NOW YOU MUST GET TO THE SOURCE. I would love that. Swinging style would be ASM meets WoS. More variety in combat and web abilities. The default suit would be a modern take on SM. The Classic suit would be an alternate for sure, maybe in John Romita's style.

And that's my game, The Adventures of Spider-Man. Kinda thinking as I go along, so bashing and add-ons welcome.

Last edited by spidermanJLA!~; 12-13-2012 at 09:06 PM.
spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote