Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 12-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #101
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
When's the next big game event?
PAX East. March 22-24, 2013. If there's going to be a fall Spider-man game release, I would expect to get a small bit of news during this event. Oh, how I'll be praying there is none, lol.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:10 AM   #102
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
I'm actually liking that plot. It's a nice "Master Planner" story. My only problem is that it feels like you just stuffed villains at the gap between Doc Ock reveal and the end. The game would be like 20 hours long. But don't worry, I can relate.
Finally a reply to my story!! Yay!

Thanks alot I appreciate that! Yeah I tried to make a story that's not too "out there" with different dimensions, magic and all that kind of stuff as I always prefer stories that can have a "realistic" explanation to it.

I definitely see what you mean about the villains and I thought that myself afterwards. I'd take away Sandman and Scorpion from the game since those two felt kinda out of place and unnecessary. The other ones are kinda necessary for the plot however, except for Shocker but I thought we'd need an early stage of the game with a mission where everything is "normal".

Electro is behind all the blackouts, TV hackings (for Mysterio), taking out communications etc. so there needs to be a fight against him. Hydro-Man is behind the water storm (might seem a bit overpowered taking out the bridges but maybe they've found a way to enhance his powers or something), Venom is part of Doc Ock's plan and is also important to the story to have Spidey be able to get away from Doc Ock's grip and knowing the plot. Mysterio is like the most important character. Green Goblin is one of the most important too. Maybe Lizard is questionable but I'd love to have Norman Osborn "release" the beast in a way to play along with the situation and cause more trouble for Spider-Man just for the enjoyment of it. Also, it would be really cool if people have taken shelter in the sewers and suddenly they're in Lizard's territory.

Quote:
Now for my story.

The Adventures of Spider-man, and that's what the game is, literally the Adventures of Spider-Man.

Personally, I would give a more Saint's Row/GTA approach. Now by that I don't mean webbing up civilians randomly or going into stores or anything. Instead, I mean for a game in which you can play as Peter and SM. As PP, you would do random things of your choice unless you had to further the story. There could be a moment in the game where you have to get something from the store and there's a robbery or something. There would be interactive features, (GO HOME: Aunt May want's something done. VISIT DAILY BUGLE: Missions like in US and SM2. GO TO STORE: Robbery GO TO SEWERS: To explore or for a Lizard mission. They're places you can go that activate some event. Throughout the story,it would be subplot mania. There is the Lizard story, the Venom saga, and eventually the Sinister Six, the Green Goblin Story, and other villains. These missions would have to be activated by going to places. At first, it would be the Daily Bugle. For example, JJ tells you that there are Lizards= Lizard saga. People being snatched up by sand= Sandman mission. I actually like how that was integrated into Spider-Man 3 The Video Game. Although in my game the stories would actually have an affect on the game, it would be Mission part 2 or part 3 because you would have to go to different places to further the mission, but no icons because that takes away from the imagination. You could chose multiple missions at the same time, but you have a timer on each mission. Now this sounds like an interminable game,
but the timer element adds some guilt to it. Between each mission location(You know, Return here, go there, etc.) you have free roam, but if you decide to slack off, the mission will run out with some bad cutscene with MISSION FAILED. If you fail all of them it's GAME OVER with an ending having Peter Parker quit. If you succeed in all missions, you have an awesome cutscene. If you did more than you didn't do Peter is happy but realizes he has a long way to go and that the city needs him. If you have more failed than completed, Peter pities himself and thinks about quitting. (CLIFFHANGER!) Every time you start the game on Free Roam, it would say MISSION TIMER STARTED. The only way to free roam forever is to never start a mission, which is boring. So, just like PP, you have to balance your responsibilities! A finale mission is the is the last mission you choose to do. When you finish each mission you progress the game until all are completed. Each mission, however is like it's own thing. For example: You finish the Venom saga, at the end Spidey says oh I don't know: I'll never change, With great power, comes great responsibility, and the mission ends with him swinging into the sunset or something. So it's like you end the game every time you finish a mission and at the finale mission of your choice, he says something cool or does a montage through the city, and it's over.(Unless a timer ran out) I really like this "choice" system. Every ending of every mission depends on you.
I really like this actually! I love the timer thing and how that affects you. There's always been the problem with free roam games that when you can do whatever you want for how long you want there's no sense of urge.

This would be like a game about the life of being Spidey in a way. Cool!

Quote:
So, now for features: Camera is exclusive to missions. (Come on guys, did you really like taking pictures of random stuff in the city?) Suits? Please, they better get those rendering guys, because I want a lot of Bonus suits. A suit for every mission, that way you still "earn your pay". The suit quality depends on the mission. Venom Saga? You have unlocked the Black suit. Vulture story? Alex Ross suit or somethin' like that. (Unlock is a wonderful phrase in video games imo.) Cutscenes are at every mission, and at the beginning, you have an origin cutscene. I want the game to have a realistic (ASM) yet cartoony ( USM) look to it. The bonus features would be bios, statues, custscenes and suits. You can have the ability to replay missions at the end. I would keep side missions with more variety and I wouldn't mind some actual villains rather than just thugs. I want bank robberies, jewel thefts(Black Cat side mission, anyone?) shoot-outs, the works. Maybe even some crime boss side missions? YOU HAVE WIPED OUT THE KINGPIN CRIME WAVE, NOW YOU MUST GET TO THE SOURCE. I would love that. Swinging style would be ASM meets WoS. More variety in combat and web abilities. The default suit would be a modern take on SM. The Classic suit would be an alternate for sure, maybe in John Romita's style.

And that's my game, The Adventures of Spider-Man. Kinda thinking as I go along, so bashing and add-ons welcome.
I like this as well! Very cool I hope to see something like this in a game!

Old 12-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #103
Oscorp
Side-Kick

EDIT: Double post

Old 12-14-2012, 04:15 AM   #104
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

I hope that they'll take their time with the next game. In fact, don't even bother with the movie games Beenox, just make an original story with classic villains and improve on the gaming mechanics you had on TASM

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #105
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
I hope that they'll take their time with the next game. In fact, don't even bother with the movie games Beenox, just make an original story with classic villains and improve on the gaming mechanics you had on TASM
We all hope for that, but with the moderate success of TASM game it's pretty possible to see another movie tie-in from Beenox

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #106
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

http://www.newswire.ca/fr/story/1089...head-of-beenox

Old 12-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #107
socool
True

Eh. Whatever. Dee seemed like a very energetic man, but he overhyped the games and his accent was funky. Now, if we could get rid of that Activision dude...

Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #108
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

His accent was funky? lol

I hope they do good with TASM2.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #109
spida-man
THE AMAZING

I seriously don't see the gripe with the swinging in TASM. I feel like I have control with swinging. idk maybe the way i press the shoulder buttons and jump off the webline and swing again is different from u guys?

cause I'm able to enjoy it a LOT. i know how to make myself swing really fast, how to propel myself farther or higher, all that jazz

Old 12-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #110
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

It doesn't allow holding to one line and changing direction with the same ease and comfort of previous free roam games, it's the thing I don't like about swinging in this game

Old 12-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #111
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Sad news! Though exciting to see what comes next of it.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #112
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
I'm gonna miss Dee. I hope whoever takes his place is able to bring the same amount of enthusiasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida-man View Post
I seriously don't see the gripe with the swinging in TASM. I feel like I have control with swinging. idk maybe the way i press the shoulder buttons and jump off the webline and swing again is different from u guys?

cause I'm able to enjoy it a LOT. i know how to make myself swing really fast, how to propel myself farther or higher, all that jazz
I agree although it would be nice to be able to continue to hold on to a webline for as long as you want.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #113
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

I decided to install this again, installation was complete, but the game refused to work
Maybe it's cause I rushed in installing the DLC pack this time?

Old 12-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #114
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

I have an itch to be Spider-man. What game should I play? EoT or ASM?

Old 12-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #115
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Play EoT at least once if you've never done so. ASM does a much, much better job at making you feel like Spider-man.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #116
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

I still have never played Edge of Time.

Marvel Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #117
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

The game is still entertaining to me because of the web-slinging, voice acting, and bonus content. And the repetitive fighting is fun every now and then too.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #118
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Play EoT first, it's pretty underrated, I see certain downgrades from Shattered Dimensions (counting the huge downgrade in environment) here, but it's a decent game with some stuff imo done in a more fun way than its predecessor
And it has more fun swinging than ASM tbh

Old 12-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #119
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
The game is still entertaining to me because of the web-slinging, voice acting, and bonus content. And the repetitive fighting is fun every now and then too.
I will be honest now that you mentioned voice acting, I think in certain ways Mike Vaughn made better delivery of his lines as Spider-Man than Sam Riegel did, and his performance is overall better, although Riegel has the better Spider-Man voice

It's kinda annoying to listen to the way Riegel says "Who's having a good time? Raise your hand", every time he says it I miss Neil Patrick Harris

Old 12-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #120
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
Me neither and I don't plan on playing it either. The lack of more interesting villains and the environmental repetition don't attract me.

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #121
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
It's entertaining to an extent, but in the end a lot of crappy things are entertaining. Right now I'm watching Disney's Camp Rock 2

Unless you can find it for 10-15 bucks it's not worth buying

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #122
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Has anyone played the iOS version of the Amazing Spider-man by Gameloft? Like/dislike it? Is it worth a purchase?

Old 12-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #123
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

^There are times I consider buying a tablet/iPAD mainly for that game

I got tired of the ost in the game, so I played the movie music with the game
Today it worked, installed it again and it worked, but kinda glitchy with the gamepad this time, it activates the camera on its own, and that is almost getting on my nerves

Old 12-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #124
Beanjuice
Human beanjuice

Quote:

Play Web of Shadows. I own that and Asm both, and I play WOS more. To me it just feels more like spiderman.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #125
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanjuice View Post
Play Web of Shadows. I own that and Asm both, and I play WOS more. To me it just feels more like spiderman.
I cared to suggest that game, simply for swinging