The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: The reboot should be based on....
A) Realism 3 2.59%
B) Dark Imagination 39 33.62%
C) Silliness 2 1.72%
D) Both A and B 64 55.17%
E) Other 8 6.90%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #276
Rodrigo90
I'm mad!

Default Re: Batman reboot: Should it be based on realism, dark imagination, or silliness

And I believe, if nothing good comes out of that long and hopeful battle against evil, then what was the point of it all? There is no point in telling a story of a man persevering through his own problems and the evils of society if it ends no better than what it started. Batman tries and IS an inspiration to all. Bruce ended on a happy note, but Batman continued, as evil will always remain.

I like Bruce being this driven character who will fight to the day he dies...but I like the ending for him in TDKR.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #277
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman reboot: Should it be based on realism, dark imagination, or silliness

I think people miss the point when it comes to the whole "Bruce can't have a happy/normal life if he's Batman" thing. Being Batman prevents Bruce from having a normal life, but it doesn't neccessarily prevent him from being happy. Who says he's not happy being Batman?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #278
Rodrigo90
I'm mad!

Same days he's happy and some days he's not

He cracks a joke with Alfred here and there, he has a smile on his face when he's with a woman...but it doesn't last, which is to be expected.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #279
PB210
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=shauner111;24719683]Yes the show was true to some comics at the time but the tone wasn't the true original depiction of Batman. p>
For those who wish to emphasize Bob Kane, he introduced the boy sidekick in pixie shoes and shaved legs. Kane also named Val Kilmer as his favorite portrayor of the role in Cinescape.

PB210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #280
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

[QUOTE=PB210;24945349]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Yes the show was true to some comics at the time but the tone wasn't the true original depiction of Batman. p>
For those who wish to emphasize Bob Kane, he introduced the boy sidekick in pixie shoes and shaved legs. Kane also named Val Kilmer as his favorite portrayor of the role in Cinescape.
What? Well it makes sense considering Keaton, Clooney, and West were the only contenders.

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #281
Rodrigo90
I'm mad!

At that point, Kilmer was probably the closest to Bob's vision of Batman.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #282
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Funny thing, Kilmer is my least favorite Batman.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #283
shauner111
Side-Kick

Well, when it comes to the physical appearance of Bruce Wayne. Kilmer looked the most like Bruce. More than Keaton, West, Clooney.

Keaton was the best actor and he had the darkness that the others didn't have. In my opinion Bale had the look down (in begins) better than Kilmer. AND the darkness. Even though Keatons darkness seemed more crazy. Then again Bale looked pretty crazy in his first appearance in TDKR. The arrow scene and that look he's giving Selina when he starts walking towards her with his cane? Haha he looked like a whackjob.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #284
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Well, when it comes to the physical appearance of Bruce Wayne. Kilmer looked the most like Bruce. More than Keaton, West, Clooney.

Keaton was the best actor and he had the darkness that the others didn't have. In my opinion Bale had the look down (in begins) better than Kilmer. AND the darkness. Even though Keatons darkness seemed more crazy. Then again Bale looked pretty crazy in his first appearance in TDKR. The arrow scene and that look he's giving Selina when he starts walking towards her with his cane? Haha he looked like a whackjob.
Yeah, a bit bummish.

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:49 AM   #285
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Bruce can always been seen with his models and high society types but as a love interest taking up time in order for us to try and believe he'd give the world to her...not so much. Been there done that, imo. Catwoman can be the one he has sparks with.
We've also been there and done that, twice now, with Catwoman. No thanks.

Last edited by Zatanna; 01-05-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Zatanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:06 AM   #286
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Ironically enough , Selina and Andrea MOTP, are the only two women who you could actually believe he would settle down with, and they're both villians and anti heroes.
Well that is certainly not true, IMO. But I'm also not interested in ever seeing an ending like that again.