The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #101
O'Haire
Awesome
 
O'Haire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada.
Posts: 2,884
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Dodds View Post
Here it is, folks. Hankies at the ready...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Damn



Found this great fan made poster called "I Hate Endings"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

O'Haire is online now  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #102
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,866
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Dammit, I'm supposed to be done with crying over the finale!

Manic is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #103
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,866
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

I really wish I could sew so I could make my own 6th Doctor costume. I'd especially make the waistcoat he wore in The Two Doctors, as it's clearly just two Hawaiian shirts sewn together with the sleeves removed.

Manic is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #104
PWN3R
...
 
PWN3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mr. Cluck's
Posts: 20,211
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Here's that Tardis I was talking about a few weeks ago. We took several pictures, but here's two to give you an idea:




__________________
^ all typoes are intentional


“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #105
THUNDERSTRIKE
MASTER OF MUFFINS
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Taste-testin' 'n stuffin' your sweetheart's muffin
Posts: 7,277
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

that's some pretty good looking stuffs...

it would make MY Head turn if I actually saw that somewhere...

__________________
GOD, YOU'RE SUCH A GULLIBLE TWIT... IT WAS SO EASY TO MAKE YOU LOOK HERE... ARE YOU THAT MUCH OF A SUCKER?...

IT'S BEEN CANCELLED, SO GET OVER IT ALREADY, YOU WHINY CRYBABIES...
IT'S GONE FOREVER AND NEVER COMING BACK...

GOD, CAN YOU BE ANY MORE PATHETIC WITH YOUR BLATANT FAWNING, WORSHIPPING AND PANDERING ASS-KISSING?...

YOU CAN'T ORDER ME TO DO SQUAT... AND I WON'T... SO YOU FAILED, JUST AS YOU DO IN YOUR PATHETIC LIFE...
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #106
TheComicbookKid
Next Generation
 
TheComicbookKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 10,905
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

After a couple of weeks for it to settle in, I now wish the God Complex had been the Ponds farewell. As much as I enjoyed "A Town Called Mercy," seeing a new companion adjusting to the Doctor's emotional swings might have been better.

Plus, the Ponds eventually found out he was okay. The reverse/same of "Angels" ending.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I really love the festering boil of hate this thread is. I'll never understand obsessively talking about how bad a film no one has seen yet is going to be, or people who obsessively talk about how they aren't gonna see the film.... Is it worth getting worked up into a nice frothy rage? Not a chance. Not a chance in hell.
TheComicbookKid is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #107
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,739
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
After a couple of weeks for it to settle in, I now wish the God Complex had been the Ponds farewell. As much as I enjoyed "A Town Called Mercy," seeing a new companion adjusting to the Doctor's emotional swings might have been better.

Plus, the Ponds eventually found out he was okay. The reverse/same of "Angels" ending.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Agreed.

That was a perfect send off for the Ponds, with a nice little epilogue in the Christmas special.

Maybe that's why the end of Angels didn't effect me all that much. I'd already said goodbye to them.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #108
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 40,866
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

How could The God Complex be their send off, when we know they were at Lake Silencio? How could they miss their daughter's wedding? I wouldn't give up one moment of their time on the show. These last five episodes have been some of my favorites and they are a part of that.

__________________
"The Force is strong in my family. My father has. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power too."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 11:40 PM   #109
Primal Slayer
Back to Black
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,573
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

How is Amy/Rory seeing theri future selves in The Hungry Earth during season 5 not a fixed point in time but them getting Angeled back to whenever a fixed point? Or was fixing the crack basically erasing that future and thus basically gave them a new one?

Primal Slayer is online now  
Old 10-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #110
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,739
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
How is Amy/Rory seeing theri future selves in The Hungry Earth during season 5 not a fixed point in time but them getting Angeled back to whenever a fixed point? Or was fixing the crack basically erasing that future and thus basically gave them a new one?
They could have seen themselves during any adventure we didn't see.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #111
Primal Slayer
Back to Black
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,573
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Only difference this was 2020 Amy/Rory, unless it was suppose to be from when they are still traveling with the doctor.

Primal Slayer is online now  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #112
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,866
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

During Amy and Rory's season 7 on/off adventuring with the Doctor (which went on for 10 years from their perspective), they might've found themselves near that old dig site in Wales in the year 2020 again. Amy & Rory could've decided to wander off, stand at a distance, and wave to themselves.

Manic is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #113
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick
 
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,975
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Filming on the first episode of 2013 has wrapped

http://imgur.com/ok0KUl.jpg
http://imgur.com/qsiY9l.jpg
http://imgur.com/dGsNwl.jpg
http://imgur.com/4KHdMl.jpg
http://imgur.com/nqe3nl.jpg


http://imgur.com/GQmuXl.jpg

Gold Samurai is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #114
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 8,536
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Ah, the return of the Fez?

And can't wait to see the Doctor shooting out of the Tardis on a motorbike

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #115
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler
 
wobbly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 8,536
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
During Amy and Rory's season 7 on/off adventuring with the Doctor (which went on for 10 years from their perspective), they might've found themselves near that old dig site in Wales in the year 2020 again. Amy & Rory could've decided to wander off, stand at a distance, and wave to themselves.
Yup. We have only seen (comparatively) little of what this Doctor has been up to and we know he has aged about 200 years or so since he regenerated. Just we we know he was doing stuff in his off-screen time, it's easy to figure Amy & Rory would have too.

__________________
To see some gratuitous Wobbly Bits just hit the link :)
wobbly is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #116
chamber-music
Forever Hooligan
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 27,561
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

The Doctor on a triumph motorcycle!

I'm not sold on the jacket

__________________
H.E
chamber-music is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #117
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick
 
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,975
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9





Gold Samurai is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #118
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,714
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Amy who? haha, no. .... seriously though, she's cute.

The Squirrel is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #119
TheComicbookKid
Next Generation
 
TheComicbookKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 10,905
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
How could The God Complex be their send off, when we know they were at Lake Silencio? How could they miss their daughter's wedding? I wouldn't give up one moment of their time on the show. These last five episodes have been some of my favorites and they are a part of that.
Because that was the last time they actually saw him in the normal timeline. The Wedding of RiverSong happened in that alternate timeline where she cheated the event.

The ending scene with River telling them he was alive was basically like the last page scene in Angels.

The final five eps kind of negated the larger points of what the God Complex and the Girl Who Waited were about to the Ponds and traveling. It wasn't even them that rejoined the Doctor in Asylum. It was forced by the Daleks for some weird reason.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I really love the festering boil of hate this thread is. I'll never understand obsessively talking about how bad a film no one has seen yet is going to be, or people who obsessively talk about how they aren't gonna see the film.... Is it worth getting worked up into a nice frothy rage? Not a chance. Not a chance in hell.
TheComicbookKid is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #120
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick
 
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,975
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
Because that was the last time they actually saw him in the normal timeline. The Wedding of RiverSong happened in that alternate timeline where she cheated the event.

The ending scene with River telling them he was alive was basically like the last page scene in Angels.

The final five eps kind of negated the larger points of what the God Complex and the Girl Who Waited were about to the Ponds and traveling. It wasn't even them that rejoined the Doctor in Asylum. It was forced by the Daleks for some weird reason.

The Doctor: What do you want with them?
Dalek: It is known the Doctor requires companions.
Rory: Oh, brilliant. Good-o!

Gold Samurai is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #121
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon
 
Lord Valumart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: you know the voice in your head, he's my flat mate
Posts: 39,228
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Dr on a motorbike?

I miss McGann...

__________________
I'm the one who steps from the shadows,
all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance,
ready to deal with the madness.

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Tumblr: General-Geek
Lord Valumart is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #122
Doc Ock
The Spider-Totem Awakens
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 8,813
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Doctor on a motorcycle is awesome!

__________________
Keep Hope Alive: Fox's days are numbered.
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #123
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,866
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

Pond Life didn't necessarily negate The God Complex, either. Those mini-episodes just showed us that the Doctor frequently called them and stopped by. He does that with Sarah Jane, too. It doesn't make her exit any less... well, Sarah's exit wasn't anything special to begin with.

Still, they could've and probably should've ended Amy & Rory's travels with the Doctor last season. If anything, I think This season's first few episodes should've been used as smooth transition from the Ponds to Oswin.

However, what we got was still great.

Manic is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #124
The Batman
Masked Manhunter
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 21,167
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

I liked Sarah Jane's initial exit because of the subtext. I mean, its not a "Doomsday" or an "Angels Take Manhattan", but the fact that it wasn't that kind of episode makes it sadder for me.

__________________
"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."
The Batman is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #125
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,866
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9

I have no problem with Sarah Jane's exit being just another story where she happens to leave at the end. That was pretty much every companion's story. It's just that her exit didn't feel like any sort of exit. The Doctor gets a telepathic call to return to Gallifrey, and he just drops Sarah off. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't special. It's not exactly the Doctor locking his granddaughter out and telling her goodbye for her own good, Jamie & Zoe being ripped from the Doctor by the Time Lords, or the quiet regret of losing Jo to another man.

Manic is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.