Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #26
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Official Mitt Romney Thread II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
If that is true and it probably is i have to ask what the **** is going on with the republican party that would make them so hell bent on harming the people of this country and its progress?
They don't believe in evolution, but are more than willing to practice their own form of Darwinism.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #27
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel
This isn't the question being asked. It's a choice. It's "Is Romney better than O?". That is the question.
It's a choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche.

Don't vote or vote third party. It should NEVER be only a choice between A or B. That isn't democracy. Voting for the lesser of two evils is a pathetic excuse.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #28
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post

Don't vote or vote third party. It should NEVER be only a choice between A or B. That isn't democracy. Voting for the lesser of two evils is a pathetic excuse.
Whether we vote or note it does come down to A or B. No third party candidate can win in this election. Id rather have a say in which of Romney or Obama gets in office than vote for someone who has no chance. If third party was polling higher i would throw them my vote but as it stands it will be either Romney or Obama.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #29
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Whether we vote or note it does come down to A or B. No third party candidate can win in this election. Id rather have a say in which of Romney or Obama gets in office than vote for someone who has no chance. If third party was polling higher i would throw them my vote but as it stands it will be either Romney or Obama.
In all honesty your best bet is to vote in primaries. In general like 7-8% vote in primaries and generally vote the in the most extreme candidate or the one who has the most cash and these are the guys who represent us in government.

that being said I don't see what's wrong voting 3rd party, it's basically a protest vote that the system sucks. My theory is if you see independent vote regularly getting ~10% of the vote, you would see both parties change how they do business.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #30
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
In all honesty your best bet is to vote in primaries. In general like 7-8% vote in primaries and generally vote the in the most extreme candidate or the one who has the most cash and these are the guys who represent us in government.

that being said I don't see what's wrong voting 3rd party, it's basically a protest vote that the system sucks. My theory is if you see independent vote regularly getting ~10% of the vote, you would see both parties change how they do business.
Next election i will definitely be more involved in the primaries.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #31
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Maybe we more that just a third party candidate. Maybe we need 4th, 5th, and 6th party candidates. I seriously think there should be more people running for office than the few who do. I know it's expensive but, think about it, if a one hit wonder Korean rapper can reach nearly every person in this country, why can't average people who want to better our country?

Old 10-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #32
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Maybe we more that just a third party candidate. Maybe we need 4th, 5th, and 6th party candidates. I seriously think there should be more people running for office than the few who do. I know it's expensive but, think about it, if a one hit wonder Korean rapper can reach nearly every person in this country, why can't average people who want to better our country?
Campaign costs have reached $700 million last I heard. That is ridiculous! Its hard to get in the race with lobbyist and rich dominating the campaigns.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-03-2012, 04:05 AM   #33
Fading
>:(

It's going to take more than more ppl running to make a 3rd, 4th, ect., party work. You also have to change the voters perception of politics. I'm guessing atleast half of the US are hardcore Republicans, or Democrats who will always vote along party lines. Let's hypothetically say a guaranteed 30% goes to both the Democrats, and Republicans. That leaves only 40% of voters to spread around inbetween the three, or more. Count in the ridiculous amounts of campaign donations thrown at the big two, and you have a huge uphill battle.

Another equal party will probably spring up in time, but I doubt anytime soon. Maybe if the Republican party continues down the spiral it's on, and the Democrats continue to be mostly sub-par as well, a 3rd could take advantage. However, I think it will need to be up to future generations, because the current ones are too blinded by party lines to check anything but D, or R based simply on how they've always done it. I don't think a 3rd party is completely impossible, but you first have to convince the political zealots they're not committing treason by voting for another party.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #34
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Unless people do something, nothing will ever change.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #35
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

He'll pull a trump card tonight. First debate is first impressions, the other **** was just a warm up.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #36
Marvolo
Side-Kick

At this point there is nothing Romney can do or say to get my vote. Ive already read to much about his and Ryans budget plans and ideas to ever vote for them. So pull that trump card left right center. It wont make a difference.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #37
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Why is this thread called "...Thread II - Part 2" shouldn't it just be "....Thread III"

Old 10-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #38
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Why is this thread called "...Thread II - Part 2" shouldn't it just be "....Thread III"
Cause ThreadManager's logic is above us mere mortals.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #39
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:

when was the last time the top dawg for both parties was the candidate? when there was obama-sized enthusiasm from each party for their candidate?

2000?

1960?

R.I.P. Heath
Old 10-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #40
ShaDynasty
Side-Kick

Quote:

Sometimes voting for the lesser of two evils is all we have.

Not voting is the worst possible choice; not voting isn't democracy, either. Not voting is like continuing to let the school bully beat you up day after day, thinking that if you continue to ignore it, the beatings will stop. Obviously, that's not true.

The fact that we as Americans have the right to vote (and millions of others don't) should inspire us to do so. Not voting is spitting in the face of our Founding Fathers who risked their lives so we would have this right.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #41
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Since we seem to have a lot of tax debaters here, including some evangelists for the flat tax system, I'm curious what people think of Romey's 17K deduction proposal.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #42
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
Since we seem to have a lot of tax debaters here, including some evangelists for the flat tax system, I'm curious what people think of Romey's 17K deduction proposal.
I havent looked into it been to busy taking in the rest of his limitless BS. Would you mind giving me the highlights?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #43
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I havent looked into it been to busy taking in the rest of his limitless BS. Would you mind giving me the highlights?
I'm lazy, so I'll just link to an article:

Romney $17,000 Deduction Cap Starts Three-Part Tax Proposal
http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-part-proposal

Old 10-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #44
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
I think he realizes that saying they will cut certain tax loopholes will get alot of flack(say like charitable contributions or the Mortgage tax) so they came up with an idea that will make it so it doesn't effect most people. Personally I want somebody to ask him what they would do to the tax loophole(capital gains) that gives him such a low rate

Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #45
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Romney's Tax plan ADDS regulations.....Ryan's gives us 2 tax rates...10% for under a certain amount, and 25% for over....its as close to a flat tax as we are going to get....

Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #46
chaseter
Bland User

Ryan cuts a lot of deductions as well. His tax plan will raise taxes on the lower and middle class while lowering taxes for the higher income brackets. That's not good. While I do agree we need to raise taxes on everyone...but that can only come when we have high employment and low unemployment. Everyone has to pay more taxes or we will never reduce the debt. But, we need to wait until the economy is booming again.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 10-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #47
warhorse78
Side-Kick

What if we were to just stop with all of the foreign aid for a while? We send billions upon billions to other countries, and this has been happening for a very long time. Instead of worrying about the rest of the world, let's just worry about us, just for a while till we get our deficit down. If people want to send money to help the poor countries in Africa, set up a fund raiser where people can just donate the money, if they want to.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #48
chaseter
Bland User

We should stop a lot of foreign aid...especially to those countries that harbor terrorists.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #49
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Unless people do something, nothing will ever change.
Sorry dude, but people don't know what to do, yet alone do something. All they know is the two-party system, and they will continue to be beholden to it.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #50
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

What a lot of people don't get, is that by sending these countries aid, you have a bargaining chip. Give them nothing, and they have nothing to lose.

Them relying on you for something, gives you more options in dealing with them. Especially when you can't take direct action.

Closed Thread