The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #676
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Well, what's great about sequels is that you already know each character, you know their weakness, you can explore more things that you don't usually get to do with superheroes (Batman being an exception, and perhaps Spider-Man, up to movie #2).

But the MCU is bringing a whole new set of stories to tell from the comic book universe, specially now in Phase 2, where you know the hero acknowledges he is part of a bigger superhero group. To me, it feels like a different era in the superhero movie genre. And I'm glad they're trying, at least for what the teaser shows, that they're trying something different and more challenging for everyone involved. It's gonna be great to see how Phase 2 unfolds, and how they're going to raise the stakes, both in terms of action and storytelling, expanding the mythology of every character.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #677
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I'm guessing someone (Killian?) finds a way to hack into Tony's suits, and that's where Coldblood and Firepower come in
Or it could turn out be a serious design flaw in Tony's AI. I think it's pretty clear that he's created a version of the Sentient Armor (the scene where he's using his monocle to remotely control the suit next to him in the lab), but it just goes haywire and develops a "mind" of its own. Pretty much a combo of Ellis' Extremis arc and Joe Q's Sentient Armor story.

And all of that, of course, could have implications for other robots that acquire an evil sentience of their own in later Marvel movies....*koff*ultron*koff*

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #678
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Anyone know who this is, holding tony against the wall?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Guerrilla; 10-23-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #679
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

oh jeez, sorry for the gigantic pic.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #680
DyeLorean

Spoiler-tag it.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #681
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
Spoiler-tag it.
Thanks. Done.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #682
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I was suggesting they may be the villains controlling the Iron Man suits

Maybe, but are you suggesting they are controlling the Iron Man suits from within or remotely similar to what Tony has been suggested to be doing with the technological headband?

Personally, though I really don't want another Iron Man Vs. Iron Man esque battle like we have been getting in previous films (so I am hoping that both Cold Blood and Firepower will have their own very distinctive looks despite still being Armored characters), and that perhaps what is being shown is just Tony not having control of the Extremis virus yet.

However, I guess we will see. In any case it looks awesome.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 10-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #683
Boom
I got nothin'

Only thing I didn't care for was Mandarin's voice, or Kingsley's delivery more specifically.

Other than that, excellent trailer .

Last edited by Boom; 10-23-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #684
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Anyone know who this is, holding tony against the wall?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The actress is Stephanie Szostak. No one has been able to confirm what role she plays, though.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #685
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Or it could turn out be a serious design flaw in Tony's AI. I think it's pretty clear that he's created a version of the Sentient Armor (the scene where he's using his monocle to remotely control the suit next to him in the lab), but it just goes haywire and develops a "mind" of its own. Pretty much a combo of Ellis' Extremis arc and Joe Q's Sentient Armor story.

And all of that, of course, could have implications for other robots that acquire an evil sentience of their own in later Marvel movies....*koff*ultron*koff*
I like this idea.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #686
Leenie
Make Up!

The comparisons to TDKR made me want to facepalm.

If there's ANY comparison I'm gonna make, it's this: Based on the awesomeness I saw in this trailer, Iron Man 3 promises to be twice the movie TDKR is (and I enjoyed TDKR).

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Old 10-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #687
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
The actress is Stephanie Szostak. No one has been able to confirm what role she plays, though.
Ahh, right on. Thanks. Madame Masque maybe?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #688
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I already knew people were going to attempt to compare it to TDKR with that whole "the hero falls and falls hard" thing. But this **** was happening way before Nolan, and it'll happen long after he's gone.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #689
Leenie
Make Up!

Even though Iron Man 2 didn't quite reach the heights of its predecessor, it looks to me that it did its job in painting the big picture for the Marvel Universe and the Iron Man trilogy. Maybe the second film being the "lighter" (or "weaker") movie will work in Iron Man 3's favor ... Big time.

I watched Iron Man 2 recently, and I honestly do NOT think it's a terrible movie. In fact, I quite enjoy the film thoroughly, and I think it holds up pretty well. Granted, it's more of a lighthearted action movie, but if Iron Man 3 blows people away with its promising heavy material, then I think Iron Man 2 served its purpose. IM2 established that Tony was part of a bigger universe, which was a perfect stepping stone for Phase 1 of the Avengers movies. Also, perhaps it's a great thing for the sake of the Iron Man Trilogy that Marvel didn't play their ace cards for the second movie, potentially setting themselves up for failure in the third movie?

Anyway, I'm going to go out and say this now: If Iron Man 3 ends up being on par or better than the first Iron Man, then I'm going to title the Iron Man films as the best superhero trilogy to date.

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
Old 10-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #690
DyeLorean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
Even though Iron Man 2 didn't quite reach the heights of its predecessor, it looks to me that it did its job in painting the big picture for the Marvel Universe and the Iron Man trilogy. Maybe the second film being the "lighter" (or "weaker") movie will work in Iron Man 3's favor ... Big time.
I watched Iron Man 2 again a couple of nights ago too, it was on tv, and I also think is a good movie, but damn the villain portrayal is just too weak. The final confrontation lasts, literally, seconds. Not even a full minute. That's the biggest problem for me be cause the relationship with Pepper, Stark's relationship with his father, and even Rhodes's friendship was well handled, while also putting the pieces together for Avengers. The final battle is still pretty good. I mean, it does its job.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #691
Avengers-Report
Side-Kick

Quote:

If there's ANY comparison I'm gonna make, it's this: Based on the awesomeness I saw in this trailer, Iron Man 3 promises to be twice the movie TDKR is (and I enjoyed TDKR).
You don't see similar elements during the trailer? Not necessarily saying the movie will actually be similar in style, but I felt like the this trailer certainly was [but it was still amazing of course, and still very unique in it's own way].

Old 10-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #692
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why can't it be "Superman 2" too?

OMG he's walking through the snow like Clark Kent was when he walked to the Fortress of Solitude!

Old 10-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #693
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Ahh, right on. Thanks. Madame Masque maybe?
That's one of my guesses. Or maybe Bethany Cabe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengers-Report View Post
You don't see similar elements during the trailer? Not necessarily saying the movie will actually be similar in style, but I felt like the this trailer certainly was [but it was still amazing of course, and still very unique in it's own way].
No, there were no chanting prisoners nor collapsing football fields in this trailer. That I recall.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #694
Avengers-Report
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
Why can't it be "Superman 2" too?

OMG he's walking through the snow like Clark Kent was when he walked to the Fortress of Solitude!
Quote:
That's one of my guesses. Or maybe Bethany Cabe.

No, there were no chanting prisoners nor collapsing football fields in this trailer. That I recall.
Just an opinion guys. And I never said the trailer was identical either.

Last edited by Avengers-Report; 10-23-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #695
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Old 10-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #696
Leenie
Make Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
I watched Iron Man 2 again a couple of nights ago too, it was on tv, and I also think is a good movie, but damn the villain portrayal is just too weak. The final confrontation lasts, literally, seconds. Not even a full minute. That's the biggest problem for me be cause the relationship with Pepper, Stark's relationship with his father, and even Rhodes's friendship was well handled, while also putting the pieces together for Avengers. The final battle is still pretty good. I mean, it does its job.
Oh, I agree that Iron Man 2 is far from being a perfect movie, and I agree that Vanko has been one of (if not, THE) weakest villain in the Marvel/Avengers movies thus far. I'm OK with Vanko being a weaker villain in the film though, considering the other things that happened to progress S.H.E.I.L.D. and Tony's relationships. I agree that the movie did its job as a stepping stone for future Marvel movies.

I just have a feeling that it was Marvel's intention for IM2 to not pack an emotional or deep punch. The movie gave Tony a little story that ended on a really high note for him, and then ... The Avengers movie happened to him. And now Iron Man 3 is happening to him. Harsh reality is hitting Tony hard now, and that's the thing that's going to work in the third installment's favor, I think. I think that's going to give the movie more emotional weight, since we as the audience aren't used to seeing Tony so broken.

(9) Batman (89)
Old 10-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #697
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Wow! Totally blown away by the trailer, just wasn't expecting something so impactful, it looks like Tony is really going to be explored in this one in a way he hasn't been before.

The line to Pepper was just so perfectly placed and poignant, plus there were so many great shots, the one of the choppers attacking Starks mansion reminded me instantly of the scene from Lethal Weapon in the angle used, then the one of Iron Man attacking Pepper in Tony's dream, then the brilliant final shot of Tony dragging the remains of his armor across the snow, classic Shane Black right there.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #698
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

Thanks... Wouldn't happen to have a link for an mp4 download link?

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 10-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #699
Reikowolf
Hyperphotonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
I like this idea.
It would make sense too, if he is shell-shocked from avengers.

He wants Iron Man to be its own thing and that way Tony can be with Pepper and safe.

It would link to the synopsis that raised the question if the suit makes the man or vice versa

see it now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_Lj8ty2tA

@hyperphotonic
Old 10-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #700
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Yeah that was definitely Kingsley using a "voice". I kinda liked it. I think if he had used a Chinese or Arabic or any specific accent it wouldve come off as campy or even offensive. Sounds like he went with something new or possibly a mish-mash of existing accents. Have to hear more I guess.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 10-23-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Closed Thread