The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #751
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
All of this added stress on Tony must mean he'll turn to more alcohol right? My dream of a "Demon in a Bottle" may not happen, but I would love to see casual moviegoers' uncomfortableness of seeing a superhero drinking so heavily.
Hell yeah! I dream of an outright "Demon in a Bottle" movie too, that would be awesome. What they tried to implement in IM2 was just silly.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 10-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #752
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Just saw the trailer for the first time today. E-P-I-C

Old 10-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #753
Morning Root
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I think the darker tone, the fall of the hero so completely and the shot of Pepper holding the damaged Iron Man mask remind people of some of the points of TDKR.

It's sad to see anything remotely "dark" in the Marvel universe be immediately compared to Nolan's Batman. Really, it's only good strategy that a seemingly light-hearted story would counter with a few more somber angles.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #754
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think Shane Black and Downey already said that Tony isn't falling off the wagon in this one.

- CM Punk
Old 10-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #755
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Root View Post
It's sad to see anything remotely "dark" in the Marvel universe be immediately compared to Nolan's Batman. Really, it's only good strategy that a seemingly light-hearted story would counter with a few more somber angles.
I agree, but I guess it's inevitable..

First thing I thought of was when RDJ was talking about the drastic change in character he wanted to bring to Stark in this movie. Through three movie appearances he has gone through so much and it's about to boil over and come to a head, both emotionally and phyiscally. In one trailer I kind of got a sense of all of that.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #756
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

That trailer was beyond awesome. Very, very devastating but in an awesome way - if that makes sense? Like you hate to see him kicked down, but love how big and personal of a threat this is.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 10-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #757
raze3003
Side-Kick

I loved the trailer . I love how they making it darker and more personal in Tonys life. Can someone help with the extremeis concept I read the comics when they came out along time ago . I just need a lol recap . Cause I know he can control the suit .. p.s. sorry if I spelled it wrong .

Old 10-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #758
Raiden
What a bunch of...

What a fantastic trailer. Although I still don't like the beige on the new armor, I really love the fact that they're trying to address Tony's personal life in such a way that should've been done in IM2. Even The Mandarin's brief appearance looks good. I hope Shane Black is going to finish the trilogy on a triumph, and by the looks of it, we just might get this wish.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 10-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #759
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I think Shane Black and Downey already said that Tony isn't falling off the wagon in this one.
Correct, from what RDJ said at CC, that Tony already has a plug in the jug when the film starts. From the trailer, it seems like New York really effected him, and worries about Pepper, which may have caused him to quit drinking.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #760
Kiltman
E-list Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I agree, but I guess it's inevitable..

First thing I thought of was when RDJ was talking about the drastic change in character he wanted to bring to Stark in this movie. Through three movie appearances he has gone through so much and it's about to boil over and come to a head, both emotionally and phyiscally. In one trailer I kind of got a sense of all of that.
Yea I think they showed of the mental toll it's had on him, he's been able to largely laugh everything off until this point. It's finally catching up with him.

There is no way it'll be devoid of humor, but I think they wanted to set the tone with what Tony will be going through in this first trailer.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #761
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

This is a really good trailer. All thoughts of potential Iron Man fatigue are out the window. I'm confident this is going to be a hell of a lot better than Iron Man 2.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #762
Parker Wayne
I can fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I think it is more an existential dread that what happened in The Avengers is only the beginning. He shrugged off having any rivals or threats in IM2 until Mickey Rourke showed up, but even then, he still defeated him relatively easily. But in The Avengers he sees beings more powerful than he is (Hulk, Thor, Loki) as well as a huge alien army try to take out Manhattan....off HIS skyscraper.

And as the end of the Avengers not-so-subtly eludes to, more is coming. The Avengers kicking alien arse was a warning signal to be heard throughout the cosmos. What that also tells Tony is that there are forces out there beyond his ability and they are only going to come more frequently for him and those close to him I would guess it takes some of the wind out of his stride when he realizes he is not the only big kid on the block and that he is a target for most of the others as well.
And if Mandarin is truly magical, it's only going to get worse for Tony.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #763
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
This is a really good trailer. All thoughts of potential Iron Man fatigue are out the window. I'm confident this is going to be a hell of a lot better than Iron Man 2.
Agreed. Marvel Studios had me worried after Iron Man 2, but Iron Man 3 appears miles superior. I was indifferent to IM2's trailers, so, naturally, I feel this film will be significantly better.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 10-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #764
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

The constant comparisons to Nolan's Batman is becoming tiresome. As influential as TDK is, he didn't make the first serious mainstream superhero movie---Sam Raimi and Bryan Singer did. Spider-Man 2 set the bar for all future Marvel Studios movies, along with Nolan's Batman.

I think that Iron Man is the next Indiana Jones. A great movie, followed up by one with mixed opinions, and bookended by a return to form--perhaps the best of the series (depending on who you talk to). Iron Man 2 is essentially Temple of Doom. Anybody who says either movie is bad frankly has a lack of taste. Jonah Hex and Jack & Jill are bad movies. Movies like Iron Man 2, ToD, Batman Returns, Quantum of Solace/Tommorow Never Dies, French Connection 2, etc. are well made movies that just pale in comparison to the original. In regards to a plot, IM2 wasn't anything remarkable but I still think it's one of the best written SH movies in regards to dialouge. Not to mention one of the funniest superhero movies written. Can somebody name me scenes in any hero movie that match those with RDJ/Sam Rockwell/Garry Shandling. I've said this before here but take off the Nolan Goggles and have fun with the movie for what it is---glossy robot on robot action, witty dialouge, beautiful sets, comedy, hot chicks etc. Actually, I might compare the movie to Thunderball (with scuba on scuba action instead of robots) and Temple of Doom.

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #765
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Just finished watching this trailer.

I'm not going to repeat the sentiments about what others have said they loved about the trailer, since I pretty much agree with all of them, so I'm just going to say...

Holy s**t.

Yep, this is definitely on my "Must See in 2013" movie list.

One thing I noticed is how scary the Iron Man armor looks in some shots. I never thought of it as being scary in the previous films, but there were some shots of it that kind of freaked me out, particularly:

-When it wakes up Pepper. No lie, that shot freaked the hell out of me the first time it came up. It's like something out of a horror film. Not surprising consider how Tony says he's been having "nightmares".

-When it emerges from a dust cloud. It looks so ominous. If I saw that I'd probably stand frozen from fear or run away scared.

-When it has Tony pinned down on the ground like a predator about to catch it's prey. It's like Tony's worst nightmare come to life.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 10-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #766
raze3003
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
Just finished watching this trailer.

I'm not going to repeat the sentiments about what others have said they loved about the trailer, since I pretty much agree with all of them, so I'm just going to say...

Holy s**t.

Yep, this is definitely on my "Must See in 2013" movie list.

One thing I noticed is how scary the Iron Man armor looks in some shots. I never thought of it as being scary in the previous films, but there were some shots of it that kind of freaked me out, particularly:

-When it wakes up Pepper. No lie, that shot freaked the hell out of me the first time it came up. It's like something out of a horror film. Not surprising consider how Tony says he's been having "nightmares".

-When it emerges from a dust cloud. It looks so ominous. If I saw that I'd probably stand frozen from fear or run away scared.

-When it has Tony pinned down on the ground like a predator about to catch it's prey. It's like Tony's worst nightmare come to life.
I agree with them shots the armor looks scary in them shots

Old 10-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #767
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

I find Madarin's voice to be a little robotic.... Ultron perhaps?

Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #768
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I was like NO PEPPER!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #769
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

There's a shot in the trailer, could be that "emerging from a dust cloud" TheWiseGuy said, where all you can see are the chestpiece and the eyes. I remember one from the first Iron Man movie, that didn't make the cut. It was in the very first Comic-Con footage.
That shot from the trailer looks great.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #770
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
There's a shot in the trailer, could be that "emerging from a dust cloud" TheWiseGuy said, where all you can see are the chestpiece and the eyes. I remember one from the first Iron Man movie, that didn't make the cut. It was in the very first Comic-Con footage.
That shot from the trailer looks great.
I remember that shot! And, yeah, I'm kind of disappointed it didn't make the cut.

And that new trailer shot did remind me of that shot from the Comic-Con footage for the first film.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 10-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #771
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Default Re: The Official IM3 Trailer Thread!

Not sure why people are doubting that it's Mandarin's voice. I think it's a perfect accent for the character. The voice makes him sound intelligent,a bit arrogant, and calm but menacing. Almost like some long winded university professor. I think the character is better where they are going than making him George Takei with a fu manchu, robe, and rings. I think they are playing him off as an affluent, educated, and anti-American/European Westerner that adopted a foreign culture. Perhaps slightly basing him on an older Adam Yahiye Gadahn, high ranking American al-Qaeda member.

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #772
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
The constant comparisons to Nolan's Batman is becoming tiresome. As influential as TDK is, he didn't make the first serious mainstream superhero movie---Sam Raimi and Bryan Singer did. Spider-Man 2 set the bar for all future Marvel Studios movies, along with Nolan's Batman.
It's gonna happen. Nolan's franchise was that influential whether you want to admit or not. It doesn't matter if Donner, Raimi and Singer set the stage, Nolan added to it. Anything that is wrapped in darkness, dread, emotion, etc is referred to The Dark Knight Trilogy. Is it fair? No, but is it any different than when a portion of fans claimed that Nolan and WB were taking a page out of Whedon's and Marvel Studios' playbook simply because there was humor present in the TV spots? It's all trivial.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 10-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #773
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Well, both Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark are similar characters, in many ways. That's just how they were created. So a few comparisons were going to happen someday. There's only a few 'images' that have some resemblance with the Nolan trilogy. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #774
superkong 500
Side-Kick

Is there somewhere I can download the trailer in HD?

Old 10-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #775
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I think the trailer looks great, but so did the trailer for the second film. I have high hopes for this and already love the tone its setting.

If anyone's interested my good friend who is a reviewer wrote a cool piece on Iron Man 3.

http://www.examiner.com/article/iron...on-earth-is-dc

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Closed Thread