The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #126
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Any thoughts on what's going on with Pepper?

Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #127
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
Based on the Comic Con described footage

http://collider.com/comic-con-iron-man-3-panel/178379/

The last part is in the pre-teaser.

Some pieces will fly into the hall or armor

It looks like we're getting back to the trial and error phase of the first "Iron Man" movie
That part about the pieces flying every which way could easily explain the damage to the Mark II.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #128
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic View Post
Any thoughts on what's going on with Pepper?
Hopefully getting tortured for secrets about IronMan and for all the whining/moaning from the past 2 films.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 10-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #129
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
What a bunch of cry babies wow. Wahhhh I don't like Tony's haircut, wahhhhh the teaser for a teaser trailer was too short. Unreal we actually are lucky enough to get a quick glimpse of the first official footage. And all people look to do is find something to whine about
All i said was i didnt like the haircut whereas you came in here with all your drama *****ing about a nonissue post pointing out a nonissue. And notice i said everything looked good.

This is whining "waaaa people commenting on pretty images me no likey!" :dramatic emoticon:

This is commenting "I dont like his hair. But everything looks good." See the difference?

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 10-21-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #130
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Needs more rings
Yeah, just noticed that. Hmm...

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #131
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

I would definitely prefer Rescue over killing Pepper off. I've been worried that they were planning to kill her off since she said some indefinite answer about being in Avengers 2 and she said something about her character having some changes in Iron Man 3.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #132
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
All i said was i didnt like the haircut whereas you came in here with all your drama *****ing about a nonissue post pointing out a nonissue. And notice i said everything looked good.

This is whining "waaaa people commenting on pretty images me no likey!" :dramatic emoticon:

This is commenting "I dont like his hair. But everything looks good." See the difference?
Hahaha

Old 10-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #133
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Love the direction this seems top be going in in terms of tone, cant wait for full teaser!

Old 10-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #134
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
I would definitely prefer Rescue over killing Pepper off. I've been worried that they were planning to kill her off since she said some indefinite answer about being in Avengers 2 and she said something about her character having some changes in Iron Man 3.
Gwynneth also said she wasnt going to be in avengers 2.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #135
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Pretty good. Pretty good. Pretty, pretty, pretty...pretty good.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #136
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

I can see Pepper dying in IM3.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #137
Superhero 101
DESI

GOD DAMN!!!! What a Tease!!!

Old 10-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #138
JustSomeGuy
Side-Kick

Well she is definitely getting kidnapped right? This is Shane Black we are talking about. Kidnapping someone is his go to story move, and I'm glad he's doing it again, because it's awesome.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #139
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I hope shane black brings back the penis gun. It was a riot in kiss kiss bang bang

Old 10-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #140
Superhero 101
DESI

Wow some comments are pretty funny at IGN

"Yo Dawg! I heard you like trailers. So I made a trailer, for your trailer, so you can watch a trailer, while you wait for the trailer!"

Old 10-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #141
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
I'm getting a very "Iron Man 1" vibe from the footage that I see, which is a very good thing. It seems like it's going back to basics, while also doing something new and naturally progressing the story arc (pun intended) of Tony Stark. Not surprising, considering I read an interview that said he would be (paraphrasing) "going back to the cave."

That's one of the reasons why I was so disappointed with the 2nd film. The character never really had any sort of major struggle. Sure, he encountered Ivan Vanko twice (and took him down way too easily, I might add), had a little spat with Rhodey, encountered Justin Hammer's drones (also taken down too easily), and struggled with the reactor poisoning and killing him (also came out of nowhere and was resolved way too easily) but it never really led to any major conflict or amounted to anything. For the most part, he was so complacent and comfortable throughout the film. And complacent is boring.

It's so much more compelling and interesting to watch our favorite characters get pushed to brink and overcome adversity by their own means and ingenuity.
To me, Iron Man 2 was just used for SFX/action sequences and setup for aspects in the Avengers. It wasn't a full "film" to me as much as just a 2 hour setup prequel for Avengers.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #142
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
I actually prefer the opposite. I would rather see her get killed off for the sake of upping the emotional ante of the storyline than become a female version of what we already have two of. The problem Iron Man has is, for the films, all of the key characters are too similar. Man in suit fights an evil man in a bigger suit. Then we got man in suit teaming up to fight more evil man in bigger suit and robot replicas of suits. In the third one, I dont want to see man in suit team with man in suit and woman in suit to potentially fight more evil robot replicas. I know we get Mandarin, but we won't get all three against just him.

Bring up the Rescue armor as a cameo, like the War Machine tease in the first one, AT MOST. I'd rather see Pepper treated like Coulson in the Avengers.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #143
YoungPrime
Banned User

I'm really on pins in needles when it comes to Mandarin and his powers.
We're talking...
Ice, Flame, Electricity, Black light, White light, Impact blast, Mento-Intensifier, Vortex, Matter Rearranger and Disintegration?

You'd think that would be overkill provided he'll even don these abilities. Plus how will they implement them in this film?

I really hope this fight ends in a stalemate or dare I say have Mandarin win...causing Tony to do some real soul searching.

Since FOX is holding back Doom's potential, I think Mandarin could be a good stand in in the MCU.

So all I'm saying is to not make this another one and done Ironman villain.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #144
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
I'm really on pins in needles when it comes to Mandarin and his powers.
We're talking...
Ice, Flame, Electricity, Black light, White light, Impact blast, Mento-Intensifier, Vortex, Matter Rearranger and Disintegration?

You'd think that would be overkill provided he'll even don these abilities. Plus how will they implement them in this film?

I really hope this fight ends in a stalemate or dare I say have Mandarin win...causing Tony to do some real soul searching.

Since FOX is holding back Doom's potential, I think Mandarin could be a good stand in in the MCU.

So all I'm saying is to not make this another one and done Ironman villain.
Agreed. I don't like villains only being in one film, especially someone like Mandarin.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #145
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Well, I *hate* teasers for trailers, but I'm loving the look and feel of this footage. It does feel very IM1-ish, but going deeper.

Yep. Super stoked for this!

Oh, and anyone dissing RDJ's hair... WE WILL HAVE WORDS!! I love it! It is, how would you say? Funky fresh? Is that what all you young whippersnappers say these days?

I definitely agree about RDJ's hair, Suzanne. Maybe that's something only women can appreciate. I thought that he looked hotter in this footage than he has in a loooong time, which is saying something because the man is always hot. If any confirmation of that is needed, check Tumblr. RDJ's hair is everywhere, accompanied by much ogling and weeping.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #146
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

They won't kill Pepper off guys! DATS JUHS CRAYZI!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #147
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
To me, Iron Man 2 was just used for SFX/action sequences and setup for aspects in the Avengers. It wasn't a full "film" to me as much as just a 2 hour setup prequel for Avengers.
Pretty much.

As much as I loved The Avengers, I'm glad that we've (hopefully) gotten past the point of doing any setup and introductions into the Marvel movie universe. Instead of becoming two-hour long commercials for the next big event, solo films should exist on their own terms and tell their own personal stories.

Iron Man
did this perfectly by just having an end credits sequence at the very end. To me, that's enough.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 10-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #148
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
They won't kill Pepper off guys! DATS JUHS CRAYZI!
They should though. A good main character needs to die.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #149
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Her death could become the perfect excuse for a different take on the Demon in a bottle storyline down the road, but Id still prefer she lived.

Oh and can anyone make some Avy's is there a thread for Avy's in the IM3 Section?

Old 10-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #150
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
They should though. A good main character needs to die.
Just a shame she isn't any good.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Closed Thread