The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #151
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Okay, enough with the teasers for trailers. E-****ing-nough!

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 10-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #152
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
Pretty much.

As much as I loved The Avengers, I'm glad that we've (hopefully) gotten past the point of doing any setup and introductions into the Marvel movie universe. Instead of becoming two-hour long commercials for the next big event, solo films should exist on their own terms and tell their own personal stories.

Iron Man
did this perfectly by just having an end credits sequence at the very end. To me, that's enough.
I disagree. Iron Man 2 wasn't as good as it could have been, but The Avengers stuff was really minimal. Other than the whole donut scene I didn't think about The Avengers once during iron Man 2. The problem with that movie was the writing and the villain.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 10-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #153
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Every time someone talks about Pepper dying, an angel loses their wings.

I wouldn't mind her and Tony breaking up, remaining friends, etc. But, personally I have had it up to my eyeballs in dead women in comics as an excuse to write a whole lotta MAN PAIN for the male protagonist. There is plenty of stuff for Tony to angst over. Give him PTSD after The Avengers with the nearly dying and the nuclear missile and stuff. Give him angst over not wanting to be a hero. Give him angst that he wasn't able to work it out with Pepper, etc.

I really, really hope IM3 doesn't go the cheap route and "fridge" one of their best female characters. Pepper kicks a lot of ass. She's a businesswoman for crying out loud!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #154
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic View Post
Any thoughts on what's going on with Pepper?
Same thing that's always been going on with her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Love the direction this seems top be going in in terms of tone, cant wait for full teaser!
The tone is the same teaser trailer tone as all Iron Man films...
Maybe it's some of the extra knowledge that you know that's making you feel this way.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #155
Tissues
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
metal men in the sky at 0:11!!!!!
I think those might be all the people he saves from falling. From the set pics we saw of the people forming a link to hold on. Hard to tell, but that's what me thinkys.

My short film about hair loss.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #156
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post

I wouldn't mind her and Tony breaking up, remaining friends, etc. But, personally I have had it up to my eyeballs in dead women in comics as an excuse to write a whole lotta MAN PAIN for the male protagonist. There is plenty of stuff for Tony to angst over. Give him PTSD after The Avengers with the nearly dying and the nuclear missile and stuff. Give him angst over not wanting to be a hero. Give him angst that he wasn't able to work it out with Pepper, etc.

I really, really hope IM3 doesn't go the cheap route and "fridge" one of their best female characters. Pepper kicks a lot of ass. She's a businesswoman for crying out loud!
If anyone, they should kill Jane.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #157
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Pretty good. Pretty good. Pretty, pretty, pretty...pretty good.
For some reason I found this hilarious.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #158
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

Quote:
I wouldn't mind her and Tony breaking up, remaining friends, etc.
Under no circumstances, would I be ok with this. Remember when Peter and MJ broke up in Spidey 3? Yeah. Screw that.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #159
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic View Post
Under no circumstances, would I be ok with this. Remember when Peter and MJ broke up in Spidey 3? Yeah. Screw that.
I barely remember SM3. Saw it once. NEVER AGAIN!

Old 10-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #160
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I disagree. Iron Man 2 wasn't as good as it could have been, but The Avengers stuff was really minimal. Other than the whole donut scene I didn't think about The Avengers once during iron Man 2. The problem with that movie was the writing and the villain.
Agreed. The whole "IM2 was an Avengers ad" is way overblown and tired.

Quote:
I barely remember SM3. Saw it once. NEVER AGAIN!
That's what I said, then it was on TV last November so I watched it for the second time, I shouldn't have. I couldn't even sit down to watch it, spent the entire thing pacing back and forth shaking my head saying "no movie, that's stupid!"

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 10-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #161
cofphoto
Side-Kick

I'm certainly not going to complain that it was too short. Quite the opposite, I'm one of those people who *****es because by the time a movie comes out nowadays, I've seen 5-6 completely different 2-2:30 trailers. I absolutely h-a-t-e sitting in a movie that I'm VERY excited to see, thinking "well this is going to happen next, because I've seen it 50 times in the trailers already...."

I ran away from Avengers trailers for the last few months before the movie came out, and was SO glad that I did. I couldn't believe how much footage, actual full scenes (ie. the whole conversation between Loki and Tony) before the movie was out.

However, I know that there are plenty of people who are on the opposite side of the fence, because after seeing the Avengers advanced screening 3 weeks before the movie even came out, there were tons of people on this forum who were begging for basically the entire script start to finish. That would drive me absolutely batty.

Personally, give me ONE teaser and ONE great trailer, and I've had enough.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #162
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Looks like mandarin is the leader of the ten rings terrorist organization. What with the gun and all

Old 10-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #163
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I definitely agree about RDJ's hair, Suzanne. Maybe that's something only women can appreciate. I thought that he looked hotter in this footage than he has in a loooong time, which is saying something because the man is always hot. If any confirmation of that is needed, check Tumblr. RDJ's hair is everywhere, accompanied by much ogling and weeping.

It makes him look like a man child/douche. IMO of course.

And man that new suit is b-e-a-utiful!

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #164
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I definitely agree about RDJ's hair, Suzanne. Maybe that's something only women can appreciate. I thought that he looked hotter in this footage than he has in a loooong time, which is saying something because the man is always hot. If any confirmation of that is needed, check Tumblr. RDJ's hair is everywhere, accompanied by much ogling and weeping.

Agreed. On ALL counts.

Well, as Tony's kind of a man-child/douche, the hairstyle could be an appropriate one for him For me, though, RDJ has never looked better. And I was saying that after IM1.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #165
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Yeah I think his haircut looks reeeeeeaaal dumb. Grand scheme of things I'm not going to lose any sleep over it nor will it effect my enjoyment of the movie (which at this point is pretty much guaranteed to be awesome), I just don't understand how they decided on that horrendous hair style. 'Man child' is a good word for it.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #166
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

I have that haircut.....*slightly embarrassed I decide to re-evaluate my life*

Old 10-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #167
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Yeah mine is pretty similar lol

Old 10-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #168
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

I'm 99.9% positive that Pepper gets fridged.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #169
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Yeah mine is pretty similar lol
Don't feel SO bad now. Honestly, I don't think it looks bad but obviously I am bias. lol

Old 10-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #170
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Hair is alright,I much prefer the other style But it doesn't bother me much,Anyway..Nice preview!!!

Old 10-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #171
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't think she will be killed, but I won't be surprised if she were put in some life support by Mandarin and Tony had to use his ARC technology to revive her later on.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 10-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #172
Godsfireworks
Arch Duke of Anemone

I enjoy the suit, if there's one thing that I don't like it's that (from what I've seen so far) it doesn't look like there's going to be any Rockets on his back, that was one of my favorite things about Mark VII

Proud Member of GOSA (Geyser Observation and Study Association)

Follow my adventures:
http://godsfireworks.blogspot.com/
Old 10-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #173
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Me too.

Even if its not Pepper, I'm 99.999 percent sure a protagonist isn't making it out alive.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 10-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #174
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Why do I think of Astro Boy when it comes to the new Stark hair style?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #175
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
Why do I think of Astro Boy when it comes to the new Stark hair style?
lol it does come to mind.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread