The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #426
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Batman 14 was a great read. Joker is as crazy as ever. I loved the recording with Alfred; quite chilling. can't wait for 15.

Batman & Robin 14 was a hit and miss for me. I enjoy some parts, especially the last few panels, but the zombie stuff just seemed like forgettable filler.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #427
Maximus One
Oddball

I was talking to a friend yesterday about what the overall outcome of this event will be and I've decided I REALLY hope Alfred is left completely blind after all is said and done. I dunno why but I think it would create a really interesting dynamic. As for deaths I have no idea who I can see actually being killed off. I really hope it isn't Jason or Damien. Granted I've never read too much Tim centric stuff and I know how revered of a character he is but I just don't find him all that interesting. It seems like at least one family member is gonna die though. I mean hell, it's called Death OF The Family which makes it sound like everybody is or could bite it but I just don't see that happening. Maybe Bruce ending up deciding that he works better solo or something. I dunno, just thinking out loud I guess. I do like the idea of Alfred being left blind though.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #428
Spider-Nerd
Bring on the pressure

We could all be looking too far into the title "Death of a family" too. For all we know, there'll be a schism within the family that's solved by the end of the story.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #429
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Snyder's works really seem to be hit and miss with fans. Either everyone loves him or hates him I've never seen anyone in between on it

Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #430
Maximus One
Oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Nerd View Post
We could all be looking too far into the title "Death of a family" too. For all we know, there'll be a schism within the family that's solved by the end of the story.
Well, I would think it would end with the schism. But yea, I do think we are looking too intently into the title.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #431
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I think killing a character is too predictable.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #432
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I've decided I REALLY hope Alfred is left completely blind after all is said and done.
Know what? me too. I mean my opinion on the actual quality of the story is well known around here but I'd also like to see some actual repercussions after this arc considering all of the "things won't be the same" hype.

Part of me thinks that may be the reason Snyder created that pet character of his Harper Row. Since he couldn't use Steph thanks to D'Idiot's mandates I'm thinking he probably envisioned Stephanie as helping a blind Alfred around the mansion and cave down the line. Now his pet character will fulfill that purpose within the series.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #433
Maximus One
Oddball

That's what I'm saying dude. There HAS to be real repercussions after all this hype and I think Alfred being blinded is just PERFECT. It just makes so much sense in my head lol

Old 11-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #434
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMist View Post
I DO wonder how all of this would have gone down had DC not decided to reboot their continuity. Or maybe I'm just getting disillusioned by superhero comics.
It probably would've felt more organic and less forced than it currently does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMist View Post
Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but Snyder seems to be giving us the same old crap we've already seen numerous times.
Yeah I do think if you've been reading Batman for a long period of time you'd definitely have to agree with that sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Art Baltazar has become a friend in the past 6/7 years that i've been going to cons and i've hung out with him during those weekends as well. He's cool as hell and I'm glad to say i knew him before DC fame. i'll pick up any book with his name on it just because.

That man is legend. You're pretty lucky to have hung out with him and pick his brain in person.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #435
Lord
All Mighty

Batman 14 was great, this arc is showing itself to be epic, Azarello sayd he had a trilogy of Batman events in mind, wonder how he's going to top a Joker event

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 11-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #436
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Azzarello? don't you mean Snyder? truth be told I'll drop the book after this arc but I'm going to see this one through. It makes me laugh with it's absurdity. I want to see how he continues to try to "top" himself over the next 4 issues.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #437
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

the book joker found makes it seem like it might be 'tower of babel: batfamily edition'

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 11-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #438
Spider-Nerd
Bring on the pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
the book joker found makes it seem like it might be 'tower of babel: batfamily edition'
ooo, that's a good call. I can't imagine any of the bat family taking that nearly as well as the JL did...

Old 11-17-2012, 02:57 AM   #439
Lord
All Mighty

Considering Morrison's done with the book maybe it's the end of Batman Incorpurated

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 11-17-2012, 04:56 AM   #440
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I don't want anyone else's story to interfere or be the catalyst for Grant Morrison's storyline. Personally, it's much better than any other bat title and I don't really want it affected.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #441
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post
So Alfred = Green Lantern? What with the blindness and all.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #442
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I don't want anyone else's story to interfere or be the catalyst for Grant Morrison's storyline. Personally, it's much better than any other bat title and I don't really want it affected.
Yes but from what i heard he was ending his story in issue 8 or something like that, since the title's future is still unknown it would be possible that Batman Incorporated as an organization ended with "A Death in the Family", this way it wouldn't interfere with Grant Morrison's storyline since it would happen after it.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #443
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Azzarello? don't you mean Snyder? truth be told I'll drop the book after this arc but I'm going to see this one through. It makes me laugh with it's absurdity. I want to see how he continues to try to "top" himself over the next 4 issues.
Same here, I'll get my Batman fix from Detective Comics, Batman & Robin and Batman: Incorporated.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #444
Lord
All Mighty

Don't know why Azzarello sudenly became the Batman writer to avoid, he was so hyped before the relaunch, i found his first few issues boring but now Batman's one of the comics i'm more interested to pick every month

Old 11-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #445
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

@_@

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
Old 11-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #446
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

What book is Azzarello on?

Old 11-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #447
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
What book is Azzarello on?
For some reason he keeps calling Snyder Azzarello. Azz is only on Wonder Woman and Rorschach as far I know.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #448
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
Same here, I'll get my Batman fix from Detective Comics, Batman & Robin and Batman: Incorporated.
Thirded.

The title has degraded into an absolute farce.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #449
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Nice to come across a forum where people do not worship Snyder and his mediocre Batman run.

I think the reasons why people rate his work so high are:

Tone/Style(a lot of Batman fans are suckers for dark,gritty Batman stories,this holds especially true after Morrisons run)
Art(Capullo is brilliant)
People taking his ideas only at face value instead of looking at the execution.

He also happens to post in some forums from time to time,tweets oftenly and gives interviews to various websites,this I believe creates goodwill with the staff/people working for such sites and the fans as well, prompting them to give him good reviews.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #450
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I was talking to a friend yesterday about what the overall outcome of this event will be and I've decided I REALLY hope Alfred is left completely blind after all is said and done. I dunno why but I think it would create a really interesting dynamic. As for deaths I have no idea who I can see actually being killed off. I really hope it isn't Jason or Damien. Granted I've never read too much Tim centric stuff and I know how revered of a character he is but I just don't find him all that interesting. It seems like at least one family member is gonna die though. I mean hell, it's called Death OF The Family which makes it sound like everybody is or could bite it but I just don't see that happening. Maybe Bruce ending up deciding that he works better solo or something. I dunno, just thinking out loud I guess. I do like the idea of Alfred being left blind though.
I'll go all major fanboy and attack DC with pitchforks.

Closed Thread