The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #76
Fans of Reilly
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 399
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

I looked everywhere I must aske where the place that you need to go to talk about the nightwing title here

Fans of Reilly is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #77
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian
 
Mystirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Batman 13 was just okay I thought

Fairly good start to a Joker story but it doesn't deserve a crossover and it just read as average at best to me. I'll probably stick with it, doubt I'll bother with any of the tie ins though

Everyones acting like its a big deal that Joker is back and killing people but he does this all the time. I don't really get why Batman and Gordon are so freaked out

This is an average Tuesday in Gotham

__________________
In the year one million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Mystirious is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 03:10 AM   #78
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian
 
Mystirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

So excited for the new issue of Batwoman next week and to see her teaming up with Wonder Woman against Medusa

I cannot wait to see those two together and this whole arc sounds like it will be fab

Looking forward to the issue focusing on Maggie Sawyer in a couple of months too I loves her and I love her and Kate together


Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones
The frowns instead of the smiles, Harley being switched to be Red Hood, Joker who could know Batman's identity, etc. He's shaking things up
Joker does know who Bruce is, it was confirmed back in Morrison's run

__________________
In the year one million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Mystirious is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #79
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,451
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

He saw him with his mask off during RIP, it didn't faze him at all.

__________________
"The fox escaped and on my way back to the Dreadfort my favorite courser came up lame, so all in all it was a dismal day."
Roose Bolton is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #80
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Detroit
Posts: 18,978
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Just read Batman #13. It's not bad. I don't know how you guys can say you're Batman fans and then say "i'm dropping this! not going to finish the story!". I mean it wasn't amazing but it was only the first issue, and you know it's not going to completely suck based on Snyder's track record.

__________________
Theatricality and deception are powerful agents against the un-initiated, but we are initiated, aren't we Bruce?
Assassin is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #81
Cain
"West West Y'all"
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Live from New York
Posts: 4,985
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Just read Batman #13. It's not bad. I don't know how you guys can say you're Batman fans and then say "i'm dropping this! not going to finish the story!".
I hate comments like this because they're so damn nonsensical. Maybe just maybe we may not like the writing? it's really not rocket science. I'm not going to go into this issue because I am now going to adopt a policy of if I have nothing nice to say I won't say anything at all.

A lot of comic book fans are so sensitive to criticism from other fans regarding something that THEY enjoy that I'm no longer into opening those cans of worms. In the end the person who likes it will continue liking it and the one who doesn't will continue disliking it. It would be a waste of my time to explain my dislike to people who don't really want to know it anyway. All I'll say is that fans have the right to vote with their dollars. Especially when there are options out there that may be more in tune with a fans taste. You act like there aren't other alternatives for Bat fans out there especially in light of John Layman taking over 'tec and LotDK finally reaching print.

__________________
Pull list: Saga, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Aquaman, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Earth 2, Multiversity, Daredevil, All-New X-Men

Last edited by Cain; 10-12-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Cain is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #82
Fans of Reilly
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 399
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fans of Reilly View Post
I looked everywhere I must aske where the place that you need to go to talk about the nightwing title here
Seriously is this a very difficult question to answer and help

Fans of Reilly is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #83
Cain
"West West Y'all"
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Live from New York
Posts: 4,985
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

It would be in this thread. It's just that many people here don't read Nightwing because we find it bland and boring. So that's why it's never actively brought up.

__________________
Pull list: Saga, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Aquaman, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Earth 2, Multiversity, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #84
Cain
"West West Y'all"
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Live from New York
Posts: 4,985
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystirious View Post



Joker does know who Bruce is, it was confirmed back in Morrison's run

After Jason Todd died The Joker walked into a US Embassy and stops to stare at Bruce Wayne's solemn face for a while with a **** eating grin on his face. He just stares him at him knowing that just by making eye contact he's really pushing Bruce's buttons and he's loving it. Bruce even asks himself if The Joker may know who he really is in the narration boxes. Then he proceeds to continue to laugh as he walks away. The implication that he's known was always around even before Morrison. I don't know why people are having a hard time wrapping their head around that. It's not like there hasn't been any precedent.

__________________
Pull list: Saga, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Aquaman, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Earth 2, Multiversity, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #85
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider
 
Doctor Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On location with Spielberg
Posts: 31,108
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

It's more to do with Joker actually acting on his knowledge of it. I'm just more used to their battles outside it being very personal. I always got the impression that if Joker ever found out who Batman was, he wouldn't care about the man behind the mask and just sees it as taking the fun out of it. But I have always been a fan of the possibility if Joker found out who he was, what he'd exactly do after the fact.

Doctor Jones is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #86
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!
 
Naked Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gotham city
Posts: 6,680
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Joker knows, he just doesn't care. Until the new 52 of course....

There was a long time precrisis when he didn't know though.

__________________
~Zryson~ Like most people I have a lot of doubts about the movie. its thought (by many) that Warner Bros is just rushing ahead to try and catch up to other studios.
~Gu3ree~ Superman doesn't manage to save 10,000 people. He doesn't come out as a big hero in the movie. he's just pissed at General Zod. He isn't necessarily concerned about the people.

I'm dancing the Batusi in front of Bane Hardy
Naked Bat is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #87
WompuM
Esquire
 
WompuM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Alan Moore's beard
Posts: 11,822
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

You know, I'm sure Joker has always known. It's not that he doesn't care who Batman is; it really depends on his mood and Batman's. I think Joker knows how far he can go and still continue the endless game between he and Batman. He can push the limits, like killing Jason, and know that tomorrow, he'll be in Arkham or whatever, and not dead. Now, he's pissed and in an end-game scenario, and can go beyond his usual limits and can kill Alfred, Barbara, Robin, and whoever because he's not afraid to put Batman to the point of killing him anymore.

__________________
"You're like a Dr Seuss character.......You are the Wompus.....you speak for the nerds." -Anubis
WompuM is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #88
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods
 
Scarecrow_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Point of Diminishing Returns
Posts: 4,979
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

I hate the idea of Joker not caring about who Bruce is. The Joker does half of what he does just to **** with Batman. How has he not gone after his family and friends before?

He killed Jason without us explicitly being told he knows who Batman is. Imagine what he could do now. I'm excited about this angle.

__________________
Well, it's been a shattering disillusionment. Goodnight.
Scarecrow_King is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #89
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty
 
Darkness Falls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: brisbane, Australia
Posts: 11,921
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

just finished reading batman #13
really looking forward to this new storyarc

__________________
General Public: (on seeing tdkr multiple times) You Don't owe these people anymore...... you've given them EVERYTHING!!
DF: *Batman voice*: Not everything......Not Yet

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #90
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Detroit
Posts: 18,978
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I hate comments like this because they're so damn nonsensical. Maybe just maybe we may not like the writing? it's really not rocket science. I'm not going to go into this issue because I am now going to adopt a policy of if I have nothing nice to say I won't say anything at all.

A lot of comic book fans are so sensitive to criticism from other fans regarding something that THEY enjoy that I'm no longer into opening those cans of worms. In the end the person who likes it will continue liking it and the one who doesn't will continue disliking it. It would be a waste of my time to explain my dislike to people who don't really want to know it anyway. All I'll say is that fans have the right to vote with their dollars. Especially when there are options out there that may be more in tune with a fans taste. You act like there aren't other alternatives for Bat fans out there especially in light of John Layman taking over 'tec and LotDK finally reaching print.
keep your cliched opinions to yourself if you're not going to understand my comment and take it out of context. thanks.

__________________
Theatricality and deception are powerful agents against the un-initiated, but we are initiated, aren't we Bruce?
Assassin is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 02:35 AM   #91
Cain
"West West Y'all"
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Live from New York
Posts: 4,985
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

a.k.a. I have no real response to your comment so I'll just play Johnny Snarkness for the hell of it. "take it out of context"?!? LMAO it was pretty clear English. Your opinion is "if you don't like this book I don't get how you can call yourself a Batman fan". As if not liking that particular book is any real authority to how credible a batfan your are or something. It's stupid.

__________________
Pull list: Saga, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Aquaman, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Earth 2, Multiversity, Daredevil, All-New X-Men

Last edited by Cain; 10-13-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Cain is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:50 AM   #92
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate
 
RoughNTumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,167
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

accept pwns, assin ^_^

__________________
Grandparents dead - please no jokes

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #93
Mystirious
Immortal Lesbian
 
Mystirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25,351
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
Joker knows, he just doesn't care. Until the new 52 of course....

There was a long time precrisis when he didn't know though.
I think its that just like how the Joker reinvents himself every so often he thinks Bruce needs to as well

And trying to kill his friends and allies is Joker's idea of helping him do that

Or he could just be doing it 'cause he can

You can never tell with him

__________________
In the year one million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe
Mystirious is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 04:09 AM   #94
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty
 
Darkness Falls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: brisbane, Australia
Posts: 11,921
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

the more i read it the more i like snyder's take on joker

don't usually get unsettled by much in comics but joker's line to gordon about being under his bed was really creepy, can't wait for the next issue

__________________
General Public: (on seeing tdkr multiple times) You Don't owe these people anymore...... you've given them EVERYTHING!!
DF: *Batman voice*: Not everything......Not Yet

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #95
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,929
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Strange to see how things changed since Snyder's begining of the run, i remember everybody saying how good issue 1 was and now they're dropping the comic, i'm quite the oposite, i didn't like the first issue at all but i've been loving the latest issues.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #96
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Detroit
Posts: 18,978
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
a.k.a. I have no real response to your comment so I'll just play Johnny Snarkness for the hell of it. "take it out of context"?!? LMAO it was pretty clear English. Your opinion is "if you don't like this book I don't get how you can call yourself a Batman fan". As if not liking that particular book is any real authority to how credible a batfan your are or something. It's stupid.
It was out of context and you misunderstood the point of my post. How can you call yourself a Batman fan and deciding that you're not reading the main title, that for the next few months is going to crossover into the other titles and effect them..after the first issue. It's the main book and the first issue was an 8/10 minimum. I've seen some sites give it a 5/5 or 10/10. The Nu52 sucks but this is going to set up the Batman stories to come.

You then said there are other options out there, like Leyman's Detective Comics...but only one issue has been put out of that as well..

It's not stupid. What's stupid you completely misunderstanding my point and turning my post into a segway for another cliched fanboy rant about how you hate fanboys who get offended when some one disagrees with their opinion even though I wasn't doing that at all. In fact I said the issue was okay. You took it as that because that's what you were doing in your response.

__________________
Theatricality and deception are powerful agents against the un-initiated, but we are initiated, aren't we Bruce?
Assassin is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #97
Cain
"West West Y'all"
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Live from New York
Posts: 4,985
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
How can you call yourself a Batman fan and deciding that you're not reading the main title, that for the next few months is going to crossover into the other titles and effect them..after the first issue. It's the main book and the first issue was an 8/10 minimum. I've seen some sites give it a 5/5 or 10/10.
Because maybe just maybe I found this issue to be a poor showing? maybe because one issue is more than enough to gauge the tone and atmosphere for a story?

It's the main title setting up a bunch of other books? so what? how does that effect the reader's enjoyment of the issue? what the hell does people giving it a 5/5 or a 10/10 have to do with my opinion of the book? seriously.

You act like people are obligated to buy it just because of that? it's stupid. There is a reason that there are 4 other books starting Bruce Wayne out there and that is if somebody isn't feeling the main book they have the option to read any of the other ones if they want to read a Bruce Wayne Batman story.

"But but it's crossing over into Detective Comics" you say yeah but it's also not crossing over into TDK, Batman Inc or LotDK so how does it make a reader somebody who's fandom is questioned because they choose to avoid this crossover and stick to reading other non-crossover books with Batman in them instead?

They're exercising their right to choose from the options DC Comics presents them. It's how they make sure every Bat fan has something that appeals to them out there in the first place because they recognize that the fanbase is not some type of hive mind collective. They have individual opinions and may not enjoy every Batman book on the market just because it features Batman or is the flagship book of the line.

Quote:
You then said there are other options out there, like Leyman's Detective Comics...but only one issue has been put out of that as well..
...and I enjoyed that one issue a lot more than this one issue. Therefore I'll stick with using my money to buy the book that I enjoyed in the long run over wasting it on the one that I didn't. Again not rocket science.

Quote:
It's not stupid. What's stupid you completely misunderstanding my point and turning my post into a segway for another cliched fanboy rant about how you hate fanboys who get offended when some one disagrees with their opinion even though I wasn't doing that at all.
So then why say something as condescending as "I don't know how you guys can say you're Batman fans and then say "i'm dropping this! not going to finish the story!". then if you weren't questioning the taste of those who didn't like it? when the phrase "I don't know how" is a question within itself. That's how English works.

That sentence clearly says "I don't know how you can call yourself fans if you don't plan to support this" as if fans are obligated to support every single book with their favorite character in it whether they like the writing or not. It doesn't work that way.

You have failed to show how any of that is "being taken out of context" when it's a pretty damn clear statement. The English language functions one way. It's not complex.

Quote:
In fact I said the issue was okay. You took it as that because that's what you were doing in your response.
Yes and you also said that you can't understand the mentality of those who didn't think it was ok. You also said that it should get better cause it's Snyder like that's some type of guaranteed thing. You're assuming that every reader feels that Snyder is such a good and capable Batman writer like you do and once again it just doesn't work that way.

There is a reason phrases as mundane as "different strokes for different folks" exist in this world. Art is one of the most subjective things in the history of society. Trying to use your own subjectivity and present it as something definitive is just straight up denseness.

__________________
Pull list: Saga, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Aquaman, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Earth 2, Multiversity, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #98
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Detroit
Posts: 18,978
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Because maybe just maybe I found this issue to be a poor showing? maybe because one issue is more than enough to gauge the tone and atmosphere for a story?

It's the main title setting up a bunch of other books? so what? how does that effect the reader's enjoyment of the issue? what the hell does people giving it a 5/5 or a 10/10 have to do with my opinion of the book? seriously.

You act like people are obligated to buy it just because of that? it's stupid. There is a reason that there are 4 other books starting Bruce Wayne out there and that is if somebody isn't feeling the main book they have the option to read any of the other ones if they want to read a Bruce Wayne Batman story.

"But but it's crossing over into Detective Comics" you say yeah but it's also not crossing over into TDK, Batman Inc or LotDK so how does it make a reader somebody who's fandom is questioned because they choose to avoid this crossover and stick to reading other non-crossover books with Batman in them instead?

They're exercising their right to choose from the options DC Comics presents them. It's how they make sure every Bat fan has something that appeals to them out there in the first place because they recognize that the fanbase is not some type of hive mind collective. They have individual opinions and may not enjoy every Batman book on the market just because it features Batman or is the flagship book of the line.



...and I enjoyed that one issue a lot more than this one issue. Therefore I'll stick with using my money to buy the book that I enjoyed in the long run over wasting it on the one that I didn't. Again not rocket science.



So then why say something as condescending as "I don't know how you guys can say you're Batman fans and then say "i'm dropping this! not going to finish the story!". then if you weren't questioning the taste of those who didn't like it? when the phrase "I don't know how" is a question within itself. That's how English works.

That sentence clearly says "I don't know how you can call yourself fans if you don't plan to support this" as if fans are obligated to support every single book with their favorite character in it whether they like the writing or not. It doesn't work that way.

You have failed to show how any of that is "being taken out of context" when it's a pretty damn clear statement. The English language functions one way. It's not complex.



Yes and you also said that you can't understand the mentality of those who didn't think it was ok. You also said that it should get better cause it's Snyder like that's some type of guaranteed thing. You're assuming that every reader feels that Snyder is such a good and capable Batman writer like you do and once again it just doesn't work that way.

There is a reason phrases as mundane as "different strokes for different folks" exist in this world. Art is one of the most subjective things in the history of society. Trying to use your own subjectivity and present it as something definitive is just straight up denseness.
YOU STILL COMPLETELY MISS THE POINT, again, and you go on another rant. Thank you.

__________________
Theatricality and deception are powerful agents against the un-initiated, but we are initiated, aren't we Bruce?
Assassin is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #99
Cain
"West West Y'all"
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Live from New York
Posts: 4,985
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

There is no point to be missed. A third grader with basic english comprehension could understand what you meant. The **** is in plain English. You could try to retcon your thoughts all you want and it will not change that.

Anyway, did anybody read B&R #13 yet?

__________________
Pull list: Saga, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Aquaman, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Earth 2, Multiversity, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #100
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,558
Default Re: Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - Part 13

Yeah, first three quarters or so were really good, then I sort of lost interest. It definitely seems as though Tomasi is the "normie" that links Morrison's stories to the current Bat-world.

Are we supposed to find out who the new Wingman is in the upcoming Batman Inc?

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.