The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #226
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold
 
Sub-Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,205
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

The bermejo superman has too many seams in his costume. His batman is pretty good. The Nolan approach works for batman. He's human , so a suit made by a human who would have limited movement in a onesie makes sense. A modified tdk suit for batman would look cool in JL.

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:02 AM   #227
JAKŪ
Upstart
 
JAKŪ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,365
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Christopher Nolan proved that a form-fitting fabric based costume would work in a realistic setting, considering Catwoman wore one and nobody complained.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You are now breathing manually.
JAKŪ



JAKŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 AM   #228
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq
 
Rocanrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 581
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Eh, lousy argument. Catwoman is fittier and that costume give us:



Also, catwoman it's not focused in the fighting, but relying on stealth and using her sex appeal as a weapon and distraction; not like batman (i'm looking at you bat-nipples). Dude get shot every now and then!

Rocanrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #229
Denny67
Side-Kick
 
Denny67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,366
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
What's with all the ripping everyone's doing on Cap's costume in this thread? It gets much, MUCH more hate than it deserves. The only thing wrong with it, design wise, is the helmet... the ONLY thing. Everyone complaining about the colorfulness or the material makes me facepalm so hard. Are you trying to tell me this looks bad?:






Because to me this is one of the best costume adaptions I've seen in a comic book movie, bested only by Iron Man's easy-to-look-good armor, Superman's MOS costume and Thor's new costume in TDW. It also looks how Captain America SHOULD look.
Notice how(to your point) every visual example used was with the mask off?


Why do so many people think it sucked?



Because it did. You just can't miss on a major element of the costume like that and have it not look like...



I'd like to see something like this for the new Batman costume:



I would lose the trunks and the sharp nail things though. Overall it is a good starting point.

__________________
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. ~ Mark Twain

Last edited by Denny67; 02-04-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Denny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #230
cleverusername8
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 917
Smile Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocanrol View Post
Eh, lousy argument. Catwoman is fittier and that costume give us:



Also, catwoman it's not focused in the fighting, but relying on stealth and using her sex appeal as a weapon and distraction; not like batman (i'm looking at you bat-nipples). Dude get shot every now and then!
Well I would argue that form fitting benefits some heroes for reason other than sex appeal at times. Like Flash for instance would want something pretty tight so his running won't be affected by what he's wearing. Not skin tight like Catwoman but tight. Can't really justify any of the other "big five" but the same could probably be said for Aquaman.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #231
wampa1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 175
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny67 View Post
Notice how(to your point) every visual example used was with the mask off?

Because it did. You just can't miss on a major element of the costume like that...
Missed the "The only thing wrong with it, design wise, is the helmet..." bit did we?

wampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #232
Denny67
Side-Kick
 
Denny67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,366
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampa1 View Post
Missed the "The only thing wrong with it, design wise, is the helmet..." bit did we?
Missed the part where I said "(to your point)" did we?

__________________
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. ~ Mark Twain
Denny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #233
Denny67
Side-Kick
 
Denny67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,366
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Here is a another take on the design by the same guy. Once again I would lose the nails.



I still like the first one (minus the trunks and nails) the best.

__________________
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. ~ Mark Twain
Denny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #234
wampa1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 175
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny67
Notice how(to your point) every visual example used was with the mask off?
I'm fairly sure you don't need to tell someone making a point to notice the point they are making.

wampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #235
Denny67
Side-Kick
 
Denny67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,366
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampa1 View Post
I'm fairly sure you don't need to tell someone making a point to notice the point they are making.
Nice try. Just say oops and be done with it.

__________________
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. ~ Mark Twain
Denny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #236
wampa1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 175
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Oops! Looks like you missed the point!

wampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #237
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,465
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocanrol View Post


...........If you squint real close you can see panty lines....

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #238
JAKŪ
Upstart
 
JAKŪ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,365
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocanrol View Post
Eh, lousy argument. Catwoman is fittier and that costume give us:

Also, catwoman it's not focused in the fighting, but relying on stealth and using her sex appeal as a weapon and distraction; not like batman (i'm looking at you bat-nipples). Dude get shot every now and then!
My argument is lousy? Yours hinges on sex appeal, and ignores that Batman also relies on stealth (which was stressed in Batman Begins) as well as the fact Catwoman also has to evade gunfire, and does so in TDKR.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You are now breathing manually.
JAKŪ



JAKŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #239
Denny67
Side-Kick
 
Denny67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,366
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampa1 View Post
Oops! Looks like you missed the point!

__________________
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. ~ Mark Twain
Denny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #240
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,945
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

What is it about costume threads that bring out the worst in people?

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #241
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq
 
Rocanrol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 581
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
My argument is lousy? Yours hinges on sex appeal, and ignores that Batman also relies on stealth (which was stressed in Batman Begins) as well as the fact Catwoman also has to evade gunfire, and does so in TDKR.
Yes, they stressed that in BB, but also remarked the idea of a real protection. Sincerely a spandex outfit couldn't make it believable for someone who fights crime bare-handed every night. And the bad guys have guns. Lots of them.

It's because of that that i see the bat-cloth an argument full of crap. I understand the need of stealth, but indeed he needs more protection than stealth. Even more when fighting "supervillains" and not simple goons.

The skin-tight suit was obviously made to make CW "stealthier" than Batman, and the sex-appeal. No robber in real life would use that.

Rocanrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #242
JAKŪ
Upstart
 
JAKŪ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,365
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocanrol View Post
Yes, they stressed that in BB, but also remarked the idea of a real protection. Sincerely a spandex outfit couldn't make it believable for someone who fights crime bare-handed every night. And the bad guys have guns. Lots of them.

It's because of that that i see the bat-cloth an argument full of crap. I understand the need of stealth, but indeed he needs more protection than stealth. Even more when fighting "supervillains" and not simple goons.

The skin-tight suit was obviously made to make CW "stealthier" than Batman, and the sex-appeal. No robber in real life would use that.
You don't need to talk down to me about 'spandex' and realism, I've spent the past few years arguing at length about that. Solutions have been proposed, alternatives have been given, all it boils down to in the end is that some have the vision to make it work, and others don't.

But at the end of it all, we got Catwoman in a skin-tight suit, evading gunfire and looking badass, after years of being told that when it comes to Batman, such a thing isn't possible.

Is it just because we like staring at her ass?

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You are now breathing manually.
JAKŪ



JAKŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #243
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 21,173
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
What is it about costume threads that bring out the worst in people?
Coz generally there are two factions when it comes to costume, those who want the comics accurate costume and those that want something that looks like something you'd actually wear.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:30 AM   #244
JAKŪ
Upstart
 
JAKŪ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,365
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Coz generally there are two factions when it comes to costume, those who want the comics accurate costume and those that want something that looks like something you'd actually wear.
They always lose, because the end result is still something that nobody would wear in real life.

Like Batman's heat-stroke inducing rubber armour.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You are now breathing manually.
JAKŪ



JAKŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #245
combocaz
Side-Kick
 
combocaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,558
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

The cowl needs side vents for the actor to be able to hear properly. Im not sure if this has been rectified with nolans batsuit but im pretty sure for an actor having that cowl on tight on the ears could be annoying with hearing.

__________________
Superman - Henry Cavill
Batman -Ben Affleck
Wonder Woman -Gal Gadot
Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
The Flash Ezra Miller
Green Lantern ?????
combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #246
phoenixflight
Amazing Amazon
 
phoenixflight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Themyscira, by way of Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,622
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Truly love this look for Wonder Woman for her big screen debut...I feel its the perfect costume that clearly defines the Amazon's iconic character, her warrior training and her regal heritage...


__________________
We are the Amazons...and we have come to save Mankind.
phoenixflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #247
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,945
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

But it features the one thing I know some fans can't stand and ignorant people think will identify the homosexual female...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
PANTS!

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #248
Denny67
Side-Kick
 
Denny67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,366
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixflight View Post
Truly love this look for Wonder Woman for her big screen debut...I feel its the perfect costume that clearly defines the Amazon's iconic character, her warrior training and her regal heritage...

Personally I think something that has the look of Amazonian armor would be more fitting. There are several diffrent ways to go with it:



this one is more modern, going in the new 52 direction but far less spandex looking than any of the versions I've seen with the pants.

__________________
A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. ~ Mark Twain
Denny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:43 AM   #249
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,881
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
They always lose, because the end result is still something that nobody would wear in real life.

Like Batman's heat-stroke inducing rubber armour.
Silly description especially with regards to the TDK/R suits. We as viewers are not supposed to assume it is rubber but the materials they explained it to us as.

If anything as the suits were presented to us they were by far the most mobile and light weight of any of the past batman suits. Hell it took batman near 20 years before he could turn his head.

I really did like the kevlar by-weave description as well as the segmented plate design. Now i know from an aesthetic point some have criticized the legs for being overly busy but what nolan did overall was a great leap for the batman suits from where they were.

If you want to talk about rubber i don't think the burton suits even tried to hide that they were made out of rubber. Hence the scene where batman actually rips his mask off by peeling the rubber mask off.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:50 AM   #250
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 21,173
Default Re: Let's Talk Costumes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
They always lose, because the end result is still something that nobody would wear in real life.

Like Batman's heat-stroke inducing rubber armour.
How exactly does one side 'lose'?

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.