The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #26
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Default Re: What if Justice League bombs?

If the movie bombs, WB will continue to crank out Batman movies until Kingdom come.

In all seriousness, if JL doesn't do well, they'll just make Batman movies until some other movie trend surfaces and they'll try their hands at whatever that is.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #27
Obi Wan Kenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
I'm not being a pro Marvel/ anti DC guy at the moment.

I'm serious. At least going into The Avengers, studio could project a stream of success from all the solo films. Each one doing good to great business, so you have an idea where you might land with The Avengers at worse.

But with Justice League, they say it has no connection to Nolan's Batman and by the time it comes out there will only be one film its connected to and its Man of Steel. I doubt they are treating JL as a direct sequel to Man of Steel, so you can judge one from the other.

If JL bombs, how does that set back everything at DC/WB? We have seen WB take considerably long time developing projects and really not having the success rate they would want with titles not named Batman. If JL pulls in big box office and mediocre/ok reviews, WB probably wont mind, but if they put up Green Lantern figures, it will be a disappointment and how does that hurt the business of live action adaptations?
It's no "what if". JLA IS going to bomb. The reason its going to bomb is because of every reason most DC movies bomb. GL was a rushed shallow movie for children. WB treats DC comics like a pimp would a cheap prostitute. WB doesn't invest or hire people with real passion and understanding of DC characters. They are just trying to make a movie to make profits.

Nolan's Batman trilogy has heart and soul behind it & it was well written wasn't rushed or had any outside studio influence. Essentially it was just like Star Wars & TESB no studio interference. JLA is going to be just like Superman 3, 4, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin & Green Lantern. Rushed to get to the big screen, it will have big names like Bats and Supes but its going to be a total flop.

We already have an established Batman who isn't participating, MOS obviously has nothing to do with JLA ect ect so its just down right stupid to rush and shoot the film next year for a 2015 release.

WB is just trying to rush any old thing to the big screen, I bet you JLA won't break 400 million simply because WW, GL, Flash & MM haven't been established on screen plus people will be asking why Bale & Cavill aren't involved with the project.

It's going to flop, mark my words.

Last edited by Obi Wan Kenobi; 10-18-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Obi Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #28
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Yawn. Here we go.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #29
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi View Post
It's no "what if". JLA IS going to bomb. The reason its going to bomb is because of every reason most DC movies bomb. GL was a rushed shallow movie for children. WB treats DC comics like a pimp would a cheap prostitute. WB doesn't invest or hire people with real passion and understanding of DC characters. They are just trying to make a movie to make profits.

Nolan's Batman trilogy has heart and soul behind it & it was well written wasn't rushed or had any outside studio influence. Essentially it was just like Star Wars & TESB no studio interference. JLA is going to be just like Superman 3, 4, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin & Green Lantern. Rushed to get to the big screen, it will have big names like Bats and Supes but its going to be a total flop.

We already have an established Batman who isn't participating, MOS obviously has nothing to do with JLA ect ect so its just down right stupid to rush and shoot the film next year for a 2015 release.

WB is just trying to rush any old thing to the big screen, I bet you JLA won't break 400 million simply because WW, GL, Flash & MM haven't been established on screen plus people will be asking why Bale & Cavill aren't involved with the project.

It's going to flop, mark my words.
lol.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #30
Boom
I got nothin'

I cannot comprehend a Justice League movie bombing - even if the film itself ends up being complete garbage. It's just one of those things that I simply cannot compute.

Superman and Batman together on-screen will put asses in seats all on its own. Wonder Woman is one of THE biggest female icons in American pop culture, and should easily bring female accessibility to the film (and consequently, the female demographic). The Flash is building in popularity, and any misgivings the general audience may have toward Green Lantern will be lessened by having those other characters as support.

The key for WB is to not hold back. Gather the best talent around this project. Go all-out on the scale and spectacle. Show people that THIS is how a superhero team-up should be done. They do that, and it's a sure-fire hit.

Last edited by Boom; 10-19-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #31
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Establishing solo movie is often cited as The reason for Marvel's success.

But, we have had three different Hulks where not only the actors portraying them were different but even CGI hulk were also different.

Then characters like Maria Hill, Agent Colson, Black Widow, Nick Fury and Hawkeye had minimal screen time in movies before Avengers, so they never got any solo movies.

Captain America got solo movie but the movie earned less than Superman Returns. Thor movie earned similar to SR (when you add extra 15 % attributed to 3D boost.)

Only Iron Man was really successful as a solo movie franchise, so much for the argument for the earlier established universe drawing in the audience.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 10-19-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #32
Boom
I got nothin'

The way I see it is this.

If WB introduces these characters in a large-scale event film, and if they do their job right, then people should walk away from The Justice League wanting to see more of these characters - notably Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern. Then WB can roll out the solo films.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:32 AM   #33
Mindreaper21
It's Harvest Time

Regardless if JLA bombs or not, if it's anything like The Avengers, I won't like it. Sure, The Avengers made tons of money, though it was nothing more than a live action children's cartoon.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I want something more like this!

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Mindreaper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:44 AM   #34
Edguy
Banned User

My predictions: DC films, headed by JL, bombs so miserably that WB almost goes bankrupt. Yes. They have to sell all the rights to DC properties, all of which are bought by Marvel. Yup. Then we see the Dark Knight, the Man of Steel, the Scarlet Speedster and the Green Lantern in the MCU. Yes, you can now crown me your king.

That trailer above was pretty cool, btw!

Last edited by Edguy; 10-19-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:48 AM   #35
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

A movie that will contain both Superman AND Batman wont flop.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #36
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I cannot comprehend a Justice League movie bombing - even if the film itself ends up being complete garbage. It's just one of those things that I simply cannot compute.

Superman and Batman together on-screen will put asses in the seat all on its own. Wonder Woman is one of THE biggest female icons in American pop culture, and should easily bring female accessibility to the film (and consequently, the female demographic). The Flash is building in popularity, and any misgivings the general audience may have toward Green Lantern will be lessened by having those other characters as support.

The key for WB is to not hold back. Gather the best talent around this project. Go all-out on the scale and spectacle. Show people that THIS is how a superhero team-up should be done. They do that, and it's a sure-fire hit.
Quote:

If WB introduces these characters in a large-scale event film, and if they do their job right, then people should walk away from The Justice League wanting to see more of these characters - notably Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern. Then WB can roll out the solo films.
These posts are right on the money. It really isn't as difficult as some posters on here are making it out to be. JL won't bomb financially because of Batman and Superman alone. We'll see next year if they've learned from their GL mistakes, but I really think they have and JL will be a mega-blockbuster event film. Just imagining the midnight showings for JL is mindblowing. It's going to be so ****ing crazy!

Old 10-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #37
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:

Agreed.

Will be really interesting to see if WB go with;

A) Christian Bale (money talks)
B) JGL
C) a brand new batman

if WB manage to go with 'A' then you can add 200m to the box office right out of the gate.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #38
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I really think the most likely choice is C.

To have JGL as Batman would be some ol' BS. The guy's not even Bruce Wayne... his name's literally Robin. Liiiiike... wtf?

Old 10-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #39
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I want to see Bale back in the role. I always mock his 'bat voice' but I must admit I'm going to miss it.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #40
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Oh god, I'm going to miss that hilarious bat voice too. I'm happy it's gone, though. I couldn't take him seriously after watching TDK a few times and it was just a big joke in TDKR.

"WHERE'S THE TRIGGER?!"

Old 10-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #41
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

While I love JL and am hoping for the best..If Justice League bombs, I actually wouldn't be that surprised.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #42
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

Justice League can bomb, or at least disappoint. If the budget goes out of control, and they fill the cast with mediocre or terrible actors (like they tried to do last time around) that nobody likes, then the movie will fail to launch a sequel or spin off into solo films. Justice League will probably make over $200 million on the strength of Superman and Batman, but the rest of the characters' fates are up in the air. That's why I don't like this team-up first strategy. It's putting all of their eggs in one basket.

ClarkLuther55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #43
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

The Bale Batman is off the table, given the way that TDKR ended. Nolan's trilogy is finished after taking Bruce Wayne through a complete arc. Its ending basically closes the door on any sequels or spin offs. If the WB tries to bring back that version of Batman, I think Nolan would walk.

ClarkLuther55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #44
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

I think Justice League if the action is good will be like Bayformers.

Bomb-proof, thanks to Superman and Batman.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #45
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Justice League isn't going to bomb, it's going to make at least $700M WW.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #46
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

But considering The Avengers made almost 1.6 billion, anything under 1 billion will probably still seen as disappointing by the industry.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #47
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

There are a lot of variables and uncertainties to consider though. Man of Steel's success, people's reaction to a new Batman, how good the movie is in comparison to Avengers 2 which comes before it in the same year, the star power, how well cast the actors are, how well the characters play off each other. Avengers only had to worry about a couple of those.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #48
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
But considering The Avengers made almost 1.6 billion, anything under 1 billion will probably still seen as disappointing by the industry.
The Avengers experienced the perfect storm though. It went up against weak competition (Battleship, Dark Shadows and MIB3). On top of which, The Avengers had a build up with solo films.

Now, does Justice League need a build up like The Avengers did? No. It'll be immensely successful if the movie is of high quality. Will it make as much as The Avengers? Doubtful. No film will surpass 1.5 billion again until The Avatar sequel hits theaters.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #49
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Agreed.

Will be really interesting to see if WB go with;

A) Christian Bale (money talks)
B) JGL
C) a brand new batman

if WB manage to go with 'A' then you can add 200m to the box office right out of the gate.
I'd really like A to happen. and if he did, i think jl is guaranteed to make atleast a billion. at least.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #50
Boom
I got nothin'

If I never have to hear Bale's Bat-growl on the silver screen ever again, I will die a happy man.