The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #476
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Default Re: WiiU - Part 1

My best friend bought a Wii U yesterday and since he actually has cable I got to experience TVii and man is it cool.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #477
TwoOfAKind
Side-Kick

Anyone seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf-2I...layer_embedded

Old 02-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #478
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...o-wii-u-rumour
Splinter Cell: Blacklist sneaks onto Wii U - rumour

Old 02-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #479
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

I want exclusives dammit! Third party games are never as good on Nintendo as they are on Xbox and PS3. It's sad but true.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #480
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Which is why I could careless about third party games on the WiiU... Who buys Nintendo for 3rd party? I buy Nintendo for their better than the majority first party games. They need to focus on games you'll ONLY get on Nintendo.

Give me an HD Fire Emblem damnit.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:39 AM   #481
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Which is why I could careless about third party games on the WiiU... Who buys Nintendo for 3rd party? I buy Nintendo for their better than the majority first party games. They need to focus on games you'll ONLY get on Nintendo.

Give me an HD Fire Emblem damnit.
Just thinking of the potential this Wii U has for making me happy makes me all kinds of giddy. An HD Zelda? **** yeah! An HD Fire Emblem? Sweet Jesus YES! Like you said, people buy Nintendo for Nintendo games. I bought my Wii U, went to Gamestop and discovered I could play Arkham Asylum and COD BLOPS2? To Hell with that. Once they start releasing Nintendo games the Wii U is going to just make me indescribably happy. I still think Nintendo should have worked to make Wind Waker HD a launch title. That would have been sweet!

Old 02-28-2013, 03:37 AM   #482
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

I do buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games. But you know what would be NIIIICE? To also get really...good...3rd party games on the same system. I would actually like to just have the one game system (Wii U) this generation, with Nintendo pumping out all the Kirby and Donkey Kong and Kid Icarus while still getting all the awesome Konami, Namco, etc. games that Nintendo (especially during their Wii reign) is always getting denied.

I'm just rather sick of seeing triple-A titles appear on Sony & Microsoft's systems while Nintendo gets s&*^. "Metal Gear Solid 5 on the PS4 vs. Metal Gear: Fortune Board (a Mario Party board game with MG characters) for the Wii U... ...ckin' serious?!"

I get it. I go into a Nintendo investment for their games, but unless that company can churn out their all-star games like twice a month, every month, I want the same level of quality 3rd-party games their competitors get. It would be nice to NOT have to also buy yet another Playstation just for 3rd-party games (I don't like Sony's IPs).

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #483
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

I would also like to see a solid new IP from Nintendo. The Wonderful 101 looks cool, but there's no release date. Really, I just want some solid games for the Wii U that aren't third party ports of games I already own or have already played.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #484
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Well the big games are around the corner if you can wait a bit. Not ideal but at least they're on the horizon.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #485
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Well the big games are around the corner if you can wait a bit. Not ideal but at least they're on the horizon.
That's why I bought the Wii U now while I had the money. I know that in the next 6 months to a year the Wii U will pick up, just like the 3DS.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #486
Soapy
It's happening again...

Cool indie platformer A Hat in Time (Wind Waker meets Banjo Kazooie) is coming to PC and probably Wii U. If you have Steam please vote for it on Greenlight.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #487
zenith16
Side-Kick

I found this interesting I know what other already said about this but the dev's actually wanted this on this system. as it says here.

• Crysis 3 Almost Came To Wii U

News on Mar 02, 2013 at 04:53 PM

According to Crytek's founder, CEO, and president, Cevat Yerli, Crysis 3 was up and running on the Wii U, but a lack of support from Nintendo and Electronic Arts meant it was never going to make it to retail.
    ... More
source :GI

It's their publisher that screwed things over. Now we all know the full deal. but the more important thing here is the Wii U can handle the engine crytek made. So no can it can't and that mean others using the same kind of excuse, don't really have one ether.

Last edited by zenith16; 03-02-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #488
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

That would have been cool. Even if it didn't look as good as the other versions, if the gameplay was all there, I would have probably played the **** out of it.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #489
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
  • According to Crytek's founder, CEO, and president, Cevat Yerli, Crysis 3 was up and running on the Wii U, but a lack of support from Nintendo and Electronic Arts meant it was never going to make it to retail.
    ... More
source :GI

It's their publisher that screwed things over. Now we all know the full deal. but the more important thing here is the Wii U can handle the engine crytek made. So no can it can't and that mean others using the same kind of excuse, don't really have one ether.
Why would Nintendo not support it?

And Crysis 3 should definitely be able to run on wii U if it can run on 360 & PS3.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #490
Havok83
Side-Kick

it probably wouldn't have sold well anyway

Old 03-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #491
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Probably not but I don't really get the strategy here. It's as valid a game as any title outside of the very biggest. Not sure why they wouldn't want everything they can get anyway to give their customers choice. I know the big Nintendo games are the main draw but if it's true that they're not supporting good games that are ready to go on their console, it's as if they are trying to encourage their fans to also buy another console for playing these games. I'm sure EA is the main culprit but I don't know how a wii U only gamer is going to feel about stuff like this.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #492
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

They really should have released it for the Wii U. The poor system needs some games right now since the Nintendo IP's are probably a year out. People are so starved for games for the Wii U that it would have sold at least some. Something is better than nothing.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #493
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Does anyone know anyone who owns a wii U only & no PS3/360/PC or intention to buy PS4/720? Would be interested to hear their opinion as I think Nintendo are asking too much of them to wait this long without a major release. Sony asked that of me with the 4 month European delay on the PS3 & it was only that wait that got me to try something new & get hooked in the meantime. Risky strategy.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #494
Havok83
Side-Kick

Id imagine people that only had a Wii (yes they exist). Its too bad bc Nintendo is in the same position it was last year. They had virtually no games coming out for the Wii in 2012 and that was bc all the games were gearing up to come out on the Wii U. Now that a year has passed and the Wii U is here, people are still waiting on games. Its a bad way to botch up a year head start bc once the other two release their system, I don't think Nintendo can really compete. Now is the time to grab people and truly sell them on the system before MS and Sony come out and entice them to just wait for the fall.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #495
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

They did the same thing with the Wii U that they did the 3DS. I'm annoyed, but I'm not worried.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #496
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Id imagine people that only had a Wii (yes they exist). Its too bad bc Nintendo is in the same position it was last year. They had virtually no games coming out for the Wii in 2012 and that was bc all the games were gearing up to come out on the Wii U. Now that a year has passed and the Wii U is here, people are still waiting on games. Its a bad way to botch up a year head start bc once the other two release their system, I don't think Nintendo can really compete. Now is the time to grab people and truly sell them on the system before MS and Sony come out and entice them to just wait for the fall.
Did you mean wii or wii U? Actually I'd even more want to hear the opinions of a serious gamer who owned only a wii all these years.

Yes, a year's headstart should be a massive advantage. I didn't take the original XBox seriously so wasn't anticipating the 360 at all. There was zero chance of me getting one but after waiting a year and then being told to wait 4 more months for PS3 it only took a few videos of the original Gears of War (& the fact that everyone seemed to have & love their 360 back then) for me to get one. The headstart was the only advantage that influenced my decision. Probably why Sony have made sure it doesn't happen again.

The thing is, if Nintendo were to encourage 3rd party titles as far as they possibly could, games like Crysis 3 could fill this void until their big hitters..hit. Keep the launch momentum going all the way until that 1st next gen Zelda title.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #497
Havok83
Side-Kick

I meant the Wii where I wrote it and Wii U where I wrote that. My post was primarily about the latter

Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #498
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Why would Nintendo not support it?

And Crysis 3 should definitely be able to run on wii U if it can run on 360 & PS3.
umm wow, where to start? It's cause of that event where Nintendo said no to origin as the main "OS" as an online store on the Wii U. Cause of that event and the fact that another Dev studio Bioware that is owned by EA has not put out every thing that should have been out by now with Mass effect 3, on the system. They might feel like EA will short changed them with Crytek as well, since EA owns both of them as a parent publisher company.

So even if Nintendo were to support it, it's still in EA's power on how good the product will be. As in if they even would allow for it to be even put out on the Wii U .

Also keep in mind game news reporters like the ones from Joystiq have been hounding the head of crytek about this ever showing up on the Wii U and he's been dodgy til now. As if he wasn't allowed to even talk about it. It's possible if say they did still make this and passed it to Nintendo it might cause trouble with their overlords that own them, which is EA. If they ever tried that. Both crytek and Bioware have to still ask approval from them. so Nintendo's say is meaningless.

Also (this may have been unintentional too )with him being dodgy on any Crysis ip ever showing up on Wii U it made alot of people question how powerful the Wii U is and if it can handle it and that might have hurt the Wii U with other developers and their new engines as well to be on it.

Last edited by zenith16; 03-03-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #499
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Wii U got a small update. Apparently a bigger one is coming in April, giving us the Virtual Console finally.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #500
zenith16
Side-Kick

Miyamoto: Wii U interface performance will be better by summer

(28 minutes ago)

"Please wait." That's our impression of the Wii U's user interface, and what you have to do to improve it. Speaking with Time, Shigeru Miyamoto said that "We think that by this summer, the system is going to be very much improved over how it's performing currently." He noted that interactions between various applications are more easily tested in the wild, "to understand how they're using those features and what they're doing as they're switching between them."

A system update based on Nintendo's observations of user behavior and Wii U performance is due this spring. "What we want to do is make sure that when we release it, that we address as many of the different opinions about how people would like to see the system improve as we can at once. We hope to cover a wide range of requests while simultaneously ensuring it's a very stable update to the system."

On its information page for the 105-3102 error code that has hit Japan, Nintendo says an update is due in April. Whether the update contains these upcoming UI fixes, or is just focused on fixing the error, is unclear. But it would line up with the "spring" timing of the performance update.
Source: Time

Closed Thread