Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #676
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

Default Re: WiiU - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
No big surprises in this Direct. It's nice to have some actual release dates though. The next Direct is gonna be awesome though
I'll probably cave & end up getting it.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #677
Soapy
It's happening again...

I might get it and I don't even have a Wii U yet.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #678
Donut
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

EA really needs to shut up when it comes to Nintendo

Old 05-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #679
Nathan

Eh, their first party stuff always sells. That's practically the only reason to own a Nintendo console. For Mario, Zelda and the rest. But even if Nintendo manages to sell a buttload of Wii Us thanks to that, I doubt those same people would suddenly buy Fifa like hotcakes.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #680
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
EA really needs to shut up when it comes to Nintendo
Why? They are one of the biggest third party publisher out there and of course people will wonder if and when they will release more games for the system. All they did was address this and put out an answer to tell people not to expect anything from them anytime soon. Its better than them saying nothing and people left in limbo in terms of upcoming EA releases for the platform

Old 05-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #681
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I think many people who have a wii U will have one other console on which they're already playing FIFA, if they're interested in FIFA.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #682
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

I don't think the core of Nintendo's audience is heart broken over EA's comments.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #683
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I'm sure they're not but it affects the long term survival chances of the console if EA stay out. Without 3rd parties most gamers will only buy a wii U in addition to another console which is not a great requirement to have in a poor economy. What is the average kid whose parents pay for their consoles & games going to say to their parents? I want to play FIFA/Madden, COD, Battlefield & Mario. Can I have 2 consoles pls mom? And all those who are in college or work on low pay, again need to get 2 consoles if they want a wii U just to play the main games. Nintendo never used to exclude themselves like this even if 3rd party games weren't popular on their systems. In SNES days I spent as much time playing Street Fighter II as I did Super Mario World and if that choice hadn't been there I might have given Sega a look in.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #684
Donut

I am sure once the Wii U starts picking up. Like it always does after Mario Kart & Smash Brothers releases. They will quickly change their tune & want in on it

Old 05-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #685
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Quote:
I am sure once the Wii U starts picking up. Like it always does after Mario Kart & Smash Brothers releases. They will quickly change their tune & want in on it
This!

Old 05-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #686
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
I agree they'll definitely want it. I think most gamers would want to play Nintendo's top games; I just don't know if they'll be able to afford it on top of another console in this economy. Without 3rd parties Nintendo is forcing people to make a choice which doesn't normally have to be made as the widely played titles are usually available on Nintendo consoles even if they don't sell as well. If the wii U was similar spec to PS4/720 & played multiplatform I could choose to buy it instead & not buy any other console (if my budget allows only one).

Most non hardcore gamers don't buy more than one console per generation whatever the circumstances and now they'll have to drop the likes of FIFA/Madden & Battlefield & other multiplatfrom games that won't come to wii U to play Nintendo's great games. Noone's claiming that people don't want to play Nintendo's games & wouldn't want to buy a wii U if it was either cheap enough or met their other requirements.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #687
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Why? They are one of the biggest third party publisher out there and of course people will wonder if and when they will release more games for the system. All they did was address this and put out an answer to tell people not to expect anything from them anytime soon. Its better than them saying nothing and people left in limbo in terms of upcoming EA releases for the platform
EA's just being angry douche bags. Nothing to do with Nintendo do tech... But because Nintendo didn't go with Origin as its online service.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #688
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
And my hope would be that Nintendo would then refuse them in return.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #689
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
And my hope would be that Nintendo would then refuse them in return.
That's just bad business.

So you know that's not happening.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #690
Havok83
Side-Kick

it'll probably be shovelware and crappy ports by that point; titles to help fund their PS4 and next Xbox endeavors. Nintendo's Wii-U will never be a main focus for EA. Anyone that buys a Wii-U needs to do it bc they love Nintendo and their franchises bc if its for the latest and greatest third party software, then you came to the wrong place.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #691
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
EA's just being angry douche bags. Nothing to do with Nintendo do tech... But because Nintendo didn't go with Origin as its online service.
I can believe them doing something like that but I can't see them doing it to Sony or Microsoft if the same thing happened.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #692
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I can believe them doing something like that but I can't see them doing it to Sony or Microsoft if the same thing happened.
they probably have more faith in Sony and Xbox to handle their online services than Nintendo for good reason

Old 05-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #693
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Nintendo has always been too much of its own beast, and nowadays a lot of developers don't want to risk doing something new for fear of losing money.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #694
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
they probably have more faith in Sony and Xbox to handle their online services than Nintendo for good reason
yeah let's see them add origin and say let it be the over all os for those systems.

Last edited by zenith16; 05-19-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #695
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Nintendo needs to just focus on doing Nintendo stuff. Instead of trying to win the console wars, they just should worry about being the best Nintendo they can be. The Wii U has a lot of potential, they just have to capitalize on it. They haven't done so yet, but I truly believe they will. I honestly don't believe anyone will buy the Wii U with hopes to play the next COD or Battlefield. If those big third party titles are what gamers are interested in, they have an avenue for that. The PS4 and Xbox are waiting.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #696
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Nintendo needs to just focus on doing Nintendo stuff. Instead of trying to win the console wars, they just should worry about being the best Nintendo they can be. The Wii U has a lot of potential, they just have to capitalize on it. They haven't done so yet, but I truly believe they will. I honestly don't believe anyone will buy the Wii U with hopes to play the next COD or Battlefield. If those big third party titles are what gamers are interested in, they have an avenue for that. The PS4 and Xbox are waiting.
You're looking at it from the point of hardcore gamers with plenty of disposable cash. There's loads of them but they're still not the majority of console buyers. Most kids, most teenagers in education and most people on low pay will not be buying multiple consoles. If you only have $400-$500 to spend on consoles then buying a wii U will lock you out of tonnes of future games where previous generations of Nintendo wouldn't have. For once it is a choice when in the past you could survive with just a Nintendo console. The SNES was great for Nintendo exclusives but was complemented perfectly with loads of great non Nintendo games. And it doesn't need to win the console wars but it needs to survive and at the moment it's struggling even without any equivalent gen competition.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #697
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
And it's not the first time EA has done something like this. They refused to support the Dreamcast because Sega said no to giving EA exclusivity on sports titles, despite the fact that EA Sports games would not be exclusive on the Dreamcast and Sega had created their own studio to create a vibrant sports games label.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #698
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Frankly, I would trust Nintendo far more than I would trust Origin in terms of reliability. Origin has proven to be a joke time and time again, you can't blame Nintendo for turning EA down.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #699
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
it'll probably be shovelware and crappy ports by that point; titles to help fund their PS4 and next Xbox endeavors. Nintendo's Wii-U will never be a main focus for EA. Anyone that buys a Wii-U needs to do it bc they love Nintendo and their franchises bc if its for the latest and greatest third party software, then you came to the wrong place.
I would say that supporting the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 will be the games that help fund their PlayStation 4 and Xbox Infinity endeavors.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #700
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Yeah, they helped kill my Dreamcast! But same could happen here. They have even more important non sport multiplatform games now.

And Origin is complete crap!