The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #51
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Default Re: WiiU - Part 1

I actually think Kotaku (along with LifeHacker and io9) is one of the better blogs in the Gawker network (which between Gawker and Jezebel is a steaming pile of ****). That author (Luke) tends to be a bit *****y. I remember he did the review of Darksiders 1 and actually replied back to my comments criticizing his review of it.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #52
Benstamania
Shot first.

I used to like Kotaku...Not so much anymore.

Revelation 22:20
Old 10-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #53
Soapy
It's happening again...

I used to love Kotaku purely as a quick way to get gaming news, but I increasingly found myself having to sift through more and more non-gaming stuff to get to what I wanted so I called it quits with them several years back. I think I've only been back once to participate in a photoshop contest.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #54
zenith16
Side-Kick

Wii U GamePad Functionality Depends On Your House, Says Nintendo

October 17, 2012 . 11:20amThe materials your walls are made of and other factors will influence the Wii U GamePad’s performance when you take it into a different room, says Nintendo’s president.

source:Siliconera

Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #55
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Fantastic.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #56
Benstamania
Shot first.

I'd probably never take it far away from the couch anyway. Not about to run the risk of dropping that thing at all. So..

Old 10-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #57
Benstamania
Shot first.

I really want to get Scribblenauts...but I'll tell you, the game almost seems a bit too in depth for me, haha.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #58
Soapy
It's happening again...

Old 10-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #59
terry78

And here comes the deviantart.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #60
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Yup. I want it..but at the same time I'm scared of it, haha.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #61
Soapy
It's happening again...

Don't you just write words down to solve puzzles?

Old 10-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #62
Benstamania
Shot first.

I thought you had to create things to solve puzzles. Like, I thought it was all about creation.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #63
Soapy
It's happening again...

I've never played one, but I was under the impression that you type out a word like, "bear" for example, and then a bear shows up in your game and does some bear stuff. Maybe that solves the level, maybe it doesn't and you try a new word.

I'm probably completely wrong though.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #64
terry78

Yeah, that is it. But that is part of the entertainment. They basically programmed every type of object or thing you could think of.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #65
Benstamania
Shot first.

See...I seen the one video with someone creating a creature and whatnot and I said I myself would never think of those things. I'd probably just spell Bear over and over.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #66
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

anybody disappointed that the Deluxe system is not White. I mean black is cool and all, but i like my nintendo systems to looks diffrect from the Playstation and Xbox360. I really liked the color of N64.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #67
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

....well the original 64 was...black so..............what? You just contradicted yourself in that post.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #68
Benstamania
Shot first.

Yeah, the launch 64 was black...Then we got the lime green see through Donkey Kong version. I'm a-ok with a black console...If they wanted to really mix things up they would have made it purple ala the GBC/GBA/GC.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #69
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

You Can Voice-Chat On the Wii U While Gaming, But There's a Catch

Quote:
The Wii U will support in-game voice chat, but you'll be forgiven if you're not sure exactly how that will work. Nintendo hasn't shown an official headset for the WIi U and*the Wii U's Pro Controller—the one that looks a lot like an Xbox 360 controller—doesn't even have a port to connect one.So how does it work?The new Nintendo console will support in-game voice chat for "select games", a rep for the company tells*Kotaku. Among the games supported will be*Assassin's Creed III,*Call of Duty Black Ops II*and*Mass Effect 3, all games with significant online multiplayer modes and all which support in-game voice chat on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.The Wii U GamePad—the console's signature twin-stick controller that contains a 6.2-inch screen—contains a microphone and speakers, but that mic does not actually work with the voice chat. Nintendo tells me that users who want to be able to talk to each other can use a licensed stereo headset from*Turtle Beach*or*Mad Catz (Tritton). The headsets plug into the GamePad's headphone jack.At least one of the aforementioned games,*Black Ops II, supports the Pro Controller, but that controller's lack of a jack will require Pro Controller gamers who want voice chat to do something a bit counterintuitive. They'll have to plug their headset into the GamePad, the controller they are otherwise not using, according to a spokesperson for*CoDpublisher Activision. That rep believes that gamers might be able to use a standard set of headphones that contain a mic (iPhone headphones, for example) with the GamePad, but that's not something I've been able to clarify yet with Nintendo.Wired gaming headsets are not uncommon but wireless are popular with a lot of people. It doesn't seem that the Wii U has a wireless headset on the horizon. The Mad Catz headsets are wired. So are the competition's. A spokesperson for Turtle Beach confirmed to me that all of their Wii U headsets are wired, despite the potential for wireless connections. "The Wii U supports Bluetooth and can pair with its own accessories," she said over e-mail, "but the officially licensed headsets we produce and offer are wired and designed for use directly with the [GamePad] tablet."

An E3 demonstration of out-of-game voice-chat on the Wii U implied that users would be able to communicate with each other using the speaker on the Wii U GamePad, no headset needed.Nintendo tends to clarify matters like this in slow motion, a volley of an e-mail one day, a reply the next and so on. I've volleyed back to them about the Wii U's potential to support wireless headsets down the line. It seems that such an option might be possible either through a Bluetooth connection or even between a headset and some sort of signal connector plugged into one of the Wii U's USB ports. But those are not the options available now. It's possible—and this is purely speculation—that the wireless connection needs of the Wii U GamePad, which has to receive a lag-free high-quality video signal from the console through thin air, could affect the viability of there being many other wireless connections to the console. We'll see.As with the launch of any console, there are many mysteries about specific aspects of Wii U gaming. Many will be solved as soon as more gamers, game-makers and peripheral manufacturers get their hands on the console. For now, you've got some basics:

No universal support for in-game voice chat

Game-by-game support for in-game chat

The GamePad mic will not, by default, work as an input for in-game voice chat

The Wii U will support wired headsets (and possibly mic-enabled headphones), but only through the Wii U GamePad

No news yet about whether wireless headsets can or will be supported
http://m.kotaku.com/5952858/you-can-...theres-a-catch

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII

Last edited by KALEL114; 10-18-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #70
shamon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I used to like Kotaku...Not so much anymore.

Me too there reviews and write ups was on point and well written now it just s&##t .

Old 10-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #71
Benstamania
Shot first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALEL114 View Post
You Can Voice-Chat On the Wii U While Gaming, But There's a Catch

http://m.kotaku.com/5952858/you-can-...theres-a-catch
At least there is an option... I'll use it for the games that support it and I'll talk on XBL for the ones that don't. Hell, whenever I would play an online game or a co-op game on the PS3 my buddies and I would use XBL Party Chat anyway.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #72
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Insight into the design of the Wii U GamePad from another wonderful "Iwata Asks" column. Enjoy!

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interv...iu/gamepad/0/0

Old 10-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #73
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
....well the original 64 was...black so..............what? You just contradicted yourself in that post.
umm, no, it was more of a dark gray

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #74
zenith16
Side-Kick

I have that N64 in my tv room it's black.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #75
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

No it's black, even the official specs say it's black on the box, wiki, so on so forth. It's black.

And yes Zenith most do have the black one. It was the original color.