The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #876
Tron Bonne
Diane, I'm Coming Back

Default Re: WiiU - Part 1

That'll be his new franchise since what...Pikmin, I guess? It's been a long time since Nintendo launched a Miyamoto headed game that wasn't one of the tired and true.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #877
Octoberist
point blank

It's been a LONG time. LONG TIME>

Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #878
Tron Bonne
Diane, I'm Coming Back

Pikmin was 2001, so it's been over a decade. Unless there's some other franchise he launched that I'm not aware of.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #879
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

I think the Wii U is a good system with potential, but the public and some developers are simply not interested. So what Nintendo has to do is convince us why we want it. Really havn't seen a Wii U commercial since November(really wasn't an impressive one anyway).

Nintendo should just let Mario and Zelda breath for a little while and release other franchies people want like Metroid, Star Fox, F-zero, Mother series, and some new IPs. Not only that put some compelling exclusive 3rd party games. Bayonetta 2 really caught many by surprise and is a start for Nintendo to have compelling exclusive. Hell if they release an exclusive One Piece Wii U game in Japan it might actually sell(cause One Piece is madly popular in Japan lately).

Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #880
Tron Bonne
Diane, I'm Coming Back

Bayo2 is going to be great, maybe even an early GOTG contender, but it's not going to be a sales attractor. Platinum is cursed to make astounding games that don't sell well.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #881
Tron Bonne
Diane, I'm Coming Back

Oh, and I just remembered, Nintendogs was also one of Miyamoto's projects that he headed. That was 2005. If you want to count that ****, anyway.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #882
Tron Bonne
Diane, I'm Coming Back

Oh my God, and I think Wii Music was, too. This could be terrifying.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #883
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Oh, and I just remembered, Nintendogs was also one of Miyamoto's projects that he headed. That was 2005. If you want to count that ****, anyway.
Nintendogs has actually received very good reviews. I just has a niche interest, I have no interest in playing it since I have a real dog.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #884
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bayo2 is going to be great, maybe even an early GOTG contender, but it's not going to be a sales attractor. Platinum is cursed to make astounding games that don't sell well.
Yeah thats true sadly. Wouldn't mind seeing Okami 2 as an exclusive.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #885
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
I think Metal Gear Rising sold okay.

With the way the Wii U has been selling, I'm a bit worried about Platinum's future since they seem invested in that platform. :/

Old 07-11-2013, 01:18 AM   #886
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Oh my God, and I think Wii Music was, too. This could be terrifying.
Miyamoto was a producer like he was with most of the Wii series (which also includes Wii Sports and Wii Fit).

Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #887
NHawk19
insert witty comment

Does it seem weird to anyone else that they launched a system and waited almost 2 years for the big titles to be released?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #888
Benstamania
Shot first.

well.. I sold my WiiU yesterday for 300. Maybe I'll regret it when the next big Zelda comes out but I gotta keep myself away from Nintendo home consoles, they just disappoint me. When it comes to Nintendo.. I'll just stick to hand helds.

But.. with the 300 I got for the WiiU I managed to pay off my PS4 reserve much earlier than expected.

Revelation 22:20
Old 07-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #889
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

300! That sounds pretty good. How much did you pay for it when you bought it?

The wii U will be a lot cheaper in a year or 2 and I can see a lot of people getting it then. Probably too late to save its long term future but sales nonetheless.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #890
Benstamania
Shot first.

350, only a 50 dollar loss. Not too bad, IMHO.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #891
Soapy
It's happening again...

I still absolutely plan on getting a Wii U. I think some of the games coming look really good, and there will be even more in the years to come. Plus all those Wii games I missed out on.

I just wish I felt more excited by the prospect. :/ It's hard to feel enthusiastic about a console in such a dire situation.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #892
zenith16
Side-Kick

Do We Care About New Nintendo IPs?

18 hours 8 minutes ago - Shigeru Miyamoto says he's working on a new franchise for Wii U. What does that mean? Does Nintendo really need new IPs? Rich and Sam discuss. Read More

Source: IGN

I found this to be a some what silly question. But it worth answering for a lot of people.

The problem is if they do make new ips as both EPD.TV/ROTR and GI have both pointed out it's about buying them when those things are actually there.(Some of us say one thing and then send another message wallet wise or tell the Retailers all they want before that which Nintendo picks up the wrong message) It's not just a complete one way street.

How ever It also has to be of personal interest as well .

Last edited by zenith16; 07-11-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #893
Benstamania
Shot first.

If in a few years I can grab the WiiU again for 99.99 just for the backlog of games...I will. Until then, it's 3DS for Nintendo stuff for me.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #894
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
I just wish I felt more excited by the prospect. :/ It's hard to feel enthusiastic about a console in such a dire situation.
It'll be exciting when we actually get trailers for stuff.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #895
Havok83
Side-Kick

at this point, Id rather Nintendo just go multiplatform when they decide to call it quits on the Wii-U

Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #896
Tron Bonne
Diane, I'm Coming Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
Yeah thats true sadly. Wouldn't mind seeing Okami 2 as an exclusive.
Sadly, this will never happen, because 1) Okami is owned by Capcom, and 2) Despite release over 3 different platforms and a DS sequel, it never seemed to gather a really good base. It's a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
Nintendogs has actually received very good reviews. I just has a niche interest, I have no interest in playing it since I have a real dog.
Yeah, I shouldn't have said **** there, I guess. But I don't know if I'd consider it a full blown game franchise as much as an odd experimental thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
at this point, Id rather Nintendo just go multiplatform when they decide to call it quits on the Wii-U
I'm not sure if that'll ever actually happen. Even if they were to drop out of the console race, I expect they'd simply refocus and rebrand everything for handhelds.

And, even though it seems more and more that the Wii U is a flop, one shouldn't forget that the Wii was a massive success. And even though the GC was a disappointment, it was never sold at a loss. Many people are counting Nintendo out far too early based on one dud.

Quote:
Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #897
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Yeah, I shouldn't have said **** there, I guess. But I don't know if I'd consider it a full blown game franchise as much as an odd experimental thing.
Fair enough. Can't say I disagree with you either about them being weird.

Quote:
I'm not sure if that'll ever actually happen. Even if they were to drop out of the console race, I expect they'd simply refocus and rebrand everything for handhelds.

And, even though it seems more and more that the Wii U is a flop, one shouldn't forget that the Wii was a massive success. And even though the GC was a disappointment, it was never sold at a loss. Many people are counting Nintendo out far too early based on one dud.
It'll be a cold day in hell before you see a Nintendo IP on a Microsoft or even Sony console. I agree, they'd just devote themselves to handhelds and making their games on that. The test for the WiiU will be after Mario Kart comes out. I think that can be good enough to sell the system. Their effort to let 3rd parties have the spotlight at launch backfired.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #898
zenith16
Side-Kick

Well Nintendo went all out with the handhelds when it was in trouble they just need to put that that same energy and/or alot more into the console since the hand held are doing fine. while Id probably have no other problem if they ever went multi plat it 'll just some make sony and MS have big head syndrome some how. (yeah you think it wouldn't happen but some people at the "top / in charge " of those publishers always find a way surprise you) neither of those two should have a monopoly or be left alone in such a manner otherwise or have more power they they have already. Otherwise I would have no problem. And Nintendo won't do that Anyway.

Last edited by zenith16; 07-11-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #899
NHawk19
insert witty comment

They need games period. Zelda, Mario Kart, etc. They need to get people excited and entice 3rd party developers to do things for that system because it's selling. A new franchise could be great but without good new games this thing is just sort of disappointing.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #900
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
It'll be a cold day in hell before you see a Nintendo IP on a Microsoft or even Sony console. I agree, they'd just devote themselves to handhelds and making their games on that. The test for the WiiU will be after Mario Kart comes out. I think that can be good enough to sell the system. Their effort to let 3rd parties have the spotlight at launch backfired.
You know that there was a time when people said the same thing about any Sega franchises showing up on a Nintendo console and look where we're at now. Sometimes cold days in hell happen

Closed Thread