The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
spida-man
THE AMAZING
 
spida-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: on the web :P
Posts: 3,909
Default The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

so after TASM #700 the title ends and we are getting a new series, a new Spidey, with a new costume:


http://www.comicvine.com/news/dan-sl...er-man/145343/

http://marvel.com/news/story/19523/m...ior_spider-man





__________________
"Uncool! Do you know what these Spider-Suits cost?!"
spida-man is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
THUNDERSTRIKE
THE F U MEAN I'M CRAZY?!?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tasting your sweetheart's moist gaga-muffin...
Posts: 7,358
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

stupidest title EVER for Spidey... just makes him sound so arrogant and egotistical...

yeah, THIS'LL last...

my ass...

__________________
I SAW YER ON HERE AND I'M NOT IMPRESSED OR INTIMIDATED BY YER SARCASM OR STATUS ...
IT'S ALL LOST ON ME AND I'M NOT JOSHIN' YOU BECAUSE ALL YER WORDS ARE HOLLOW...
THAT'S JUST TYPICALLY YER STYLE AND YER WAY... YOUR INTELLIGENCE FAILED...


I DON'T GIVE A FLICK ABOUT POLITICAL CORRECTNESS...
I DON'T AND WON'T TIPTOE FOR ANYONE OR ANYTHING...
RONALD WRUMPP'S GOT ALL THE RIGHT IDEAS... A MAN WITH A PLAN...

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
Mace Dolex
Powerful User
 
Mace Dolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,287
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

So is Spidey a ninja now?

__________________
Transporter Refueled and Hitman Agent 47 are actually two different movies but both will suck so it doesn't matter
Mace Dolex is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome
 
Spider-Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,495
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Not liking the re-design.

Not liking "Superior" replacing "Amazing."

Not sure about a more "aggressive" Spidey.

I have a bad feeling...


Dan has worked up a lot of good will... hope knows what he's doing.

__________________
...and get off my lawn!
Spider-Man (2017):
Dylan O'Brien/Charlie Rowe/Tom Holland for Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Bryan Cranston for Norman Osborn/Green Goblin
Written by Greg Weisman & Joss Whedon / Directed by Joss Whedon
Spider-Gnome is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
Supa
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 310
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Retractable claws? For what? Is the superior Spider-Man unable to climb walls on his own? Because the Amazing one could, if I recall. And if not for that, then all he's doing is stabbing his enemies when he kicks them, which doesn't seem like Spidey's style, or stabbing his palm when he makes a fist.
I never liked seeing Spidey's toes through the costume, but having his big toe seperated looks...dumb.
The extra bumps on the belt and boots are okay. But why remove the arm stripes? What's wrong with them?!

Supa is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
runawayboulder
2014 NFL Pick'em Champion
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 18,812
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Because Alpha needs to climb walls somehow, so he needs the mini claws.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
Supa
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 310
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Because Alpha needs to climb walls somehow, so he needs the mini claws.
I hope Alpha wont replace Peter. I don't mind Miles Morales, but you can't kill off both Peters.
Besides, doesn't Alpha have cosmic powers, including flight?
I don't mind a darker Spider-Man, but this doesn't seem like it's the right way to do it. Maybe it turns out great, but I'm not holding my breath. I still think if they want a big event, have Spidey beat up Mephisto and get his marriage back.

Supa is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
runawayboulder
2014 NFL Pick'em Champion
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 18,812
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Alpha was powered down at the end of the arc.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #9
Spider-Man '92
Amazing
 
Spider-Man '92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 734
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Alpha is the only logical option to take up the mask without this being a total curve, but even so, this is just pointless. I can only say I'm glad that it DOESN'T bear the name of 'Amazing'.

Having said that, I'll still probably pick this up, just to give Dan Slott the benefit of a doubt as he has well enough earned on my part.

__________________
"With luck, he thinks, I'll succeed. With luck ... I'll hate again."

"Even though you've been raised as a human being you are not one of them."
Spider-Man '92 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #10
THUNDERSTRIKE
THE F U MEAN I'M CRAZY?!?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tasting your sweetheart's moist gaga-muffin...
Posts: 7,358
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

this whole thing is just going nowhere fast and will never last...

give it time... if Alpha replaces Peter, I guaran-damn-tee you, Peter WILL return and Alpha WILL be just a footnote or an asterisk in Spidey history and also that the book will return to it's PROPER and original title and numbering...

so IF Alpha has any fans out there, don't hold your breath waiting for him to be the new and permanent Spider-Man or that the new costume will stick around as a permanent replacement...

uhuh, NEVER gonna happen...

silly fools... tricks are for kids...

__________________
I SAW YER ON HERE AND I'M NOT IMPRESSED OR INTIMIDATED BY YER SARCASM OR STATUS ...
IT'S ALL LOST ON ME AND I'M NOT JOSHIN' YOU BECAUSE ALL YER WORDS ARE HOLLOW...
THAT'S JUST TYPICALLY YER STYLE AND YER WAY... YOUR INTELLIGENCE FAILED...


I DON'T GIVE A FLICK ABOUT POLITICAL CORRECTNESS...
I DON'T AND WON'T TIPTOE FOR ANYONE OR ANYTHING...
RONALD WRUMPP'S GOT ALL THE RIGHT IDEAS... A MAN WITH A PLAN...

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #11
Spider-Aziz
Castlevania Hero
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 46,022
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

So does this claw mean the costume is made of unstable molecules?

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Character. Marvel DC
ACRONYMS TRANSLATION

"There is no Goddamn justice in the world" ~ WolfCypher, cause USM will have season 4

UltimateWebhead for Spidey Boards Mod
Spider-Aziz is online now  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:17 AM   #12
Thwip!
Side-Kick
 
Thwip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Posts: 1,545
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Rumours that it could be Ben Reilly under the mask... thoughts?

__________________
My Deviantart
Thwip! is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #13
runawayboulder
2014 NFL Pick'em Champion
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 18,812
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
this whole thing is just going nowhere fast and will never last...

give it time... if Alpha replaces Peter, I guaran-damn-tee you, Peter WILL return and Alpha WILL be just a footnote or an asterisk in Spidey history and also that the book will return to it's PROPER and original title and numbering...

so IF Alpha has any fans out there, don't hold your breath waiting for him to be the new and permanent Spider-Man or that the new costume will stick around as a permanent replacement...

uhuh, NEVER gonna happen...

silly fools... tricks are for kids...
Why are you even going on the premise that this is intended to be permanent to begin with?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #14
runawayboulder
2014 NFL Pick'em Champion
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 18,812
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
Rumours that it could be Ben Reilly under the mask... thoughts?
There's a 0.00000001% chance of that happening in my mind. The last tie we saw him, he was a pile of ash over 15yrs ago. I doubt in the next 5 issues he's going to be brought back out of nowhere considering we have Kaine and Alpha just out there...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #15
Spider Edge
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 189
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

and we need a darker Spidey because?????

Spider Edge is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #16
THUNDERSTRIKE
THE F U MEAN I'M CRAZY?!?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tasting your sweetheart's moist gaga-muffin...
Posts: 7,358
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Why are you even going on the premise that this is intended to be permanent to begin with?
because they seem to give the impression that it WILL be...

at least that's how I always read it when they make these kinds of changes to the status quo..

__________________
I SAW YER ON HERE AND I'M NOT IMPRESSED OR INTIMIDATED BY YER SARCASM OR STATUS ...
IT'S ALL LOST ON ME AND I'M NOT JOSHIN' YOU BECAUSE ALL YER WORDS ARE HOLLOW...
THAT'S JUST TYPICALLY YER STYLE AND YER WAY... YOUR INTELLIGENCE FAILED...


I DON'T GIVE A FLICK ABOUT POLITICAL CORRECTNESS...
I DON'T AND WON'T TIPTOE FOR ANYONE OR ANYTHING...
RONALD WRUMPP'S GOT ALL THE RIGHT IDEAS... A MAN WITH A PLAN...

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
runawayboulder
2014 NFL Pick'em Champion
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 18,812
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
because they seem to give the impression that it WILL be...

at least that's how I always read it when they make these kinds of changes to the status quo..
Sorry but you're wrong on that one. I suggest reading the interviews Dan Slott has been doing for months now. He's been saying something that I've been harping on constantly......he's reminding everyone to just keep reading post ASM 700 because he knows he's doing something that's gonna "split the internet in half". He's going so far as to stop interacting with fans on the message boards so he doesn't let the cat out of the bag out of frustration.

If he's making it a point to say that all the time, it leads me to believe that he has a payoff in mind and this "possible new" Superior Spider-Man is going to last 12 issues....tops.

So far he was right on about the split the internet in half part, I can't blame him for dropping off the face of the internet.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #18
Spider-Aziz
Castlevania Hero
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 46,022
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Edge View Post
and we need a darker Spidey because?????
People at Marvel felt like it

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Character. Marvel DC
ACRONYMS TRANSLATION

"There is no Goddamn justice in the world" ~ WolfCypher, cause USM will have season 4

UltimateWebhead for Spidey Boards Mod
Spider-Aziz is online now  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #19
AgentEnforcer
misses Ben Reilly.
 
AgentEnforcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,301
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
Rumours that it could be Ben Reilly under the mask... thoughts?
This is a pretty random rumor... and most likely came from the overactive imagination of a fan. NO way they would have a third Peter Parker character in Marvel continuity as a spidery person.

__________________

The Ben Reilly Tribute - Best Ben Reilly Resource on the web!
AgentEnforcer is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
ThePhantasm
a little short for a
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 15,751
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Edge View Post
and we need a darker Spidey because?????
Batman

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | The Shadow of the Bat | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #21
THUNDERSTRIKE
THE F U MEAN I'M CRAZY?!?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tasting your sweetheart's moist gaga-muffin...
Posts: 7,358
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Sorry but you're wrong on that one. I suggest reading the interviews Dan Slott has been doing for months now. He's been saying something that I've been harping on constantly......he's reminding everyone to just keep reading post ASM 700 because he knows he's doing something that's gonna "split the internet in half". He's going so far as to stop interacting with fans on the message boards so he doesn't let the cat out of the bag out of frustration.

If he's making it a point to say that all the time, it leads me to believe that he has a payoff in mind and this "possible new" Superior Spider-Man is going to last 12 issues....tops.

So far he was right on about the split the internet in half part, I can't blame him for dropping off the face of the internet.

well, we shall see and time will tell... we'll see how it all goes down the road and whether it blows up in Slott's face or not...

__________________
I SAW YER ON HERE AND I'M NOT IMPRESSED OR INTIMIDATED BY YER SARCASM OR STATUS ...
IT'S ALL LOST ON ME AND I'M NOT JOSHIN' YOU BECAUSE ALL YER WORDS ARE HOLLOW...
THAT'S JUST TYPICALLY YER STYLE AND YER WAY... YOUR INTELLIGENCE FAILED...


I DON'T GIVE A FLICK ABOUT POLITICAL CORRECTNESS...
I DON'T AND WON'T TIPTOE FOR ANYONE OR ANYTHING...
RONALD WRUMPP'S GOT ALL THE RIGHT IDEAS... A MAN WITH A PLAN...

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #22
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Confirmed that this is not Peter and that whoever it is, they will be together with Mary Jane.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/...r-man-at-nycc/



VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #23
ThePhantasm
a little short for a
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 15,751
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Confirmed that this is not Peter and that whoever it is, they will be together with Mary Jane.
whaaaaaat

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow_22 View Post
Look for reports of mysterious heroism in the next 6 years. Then check back on this thread
Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | The Shadow of the Bat | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #24
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...
 
Themanofbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: With your Mom in Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 39,578
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

I think it's not going to be Peter because of the retractable claws that will enable whoever is behind the mask to crawl on walls...


__________________
Alea Jacta Est

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #25
runawayboulder
2014 NFL Pick'em Champion
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 18,812
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Well, if it's Alpha becoming Spider-Man because Peter becomes incapacitated in some way, perhaps MJ becomes Alpha's mentor in a way. She was Pete's moral compass for years, this could be a new spin on that. There's a lot of different context you could look at Spider-Man and MJ together again.....it doesn't necessarily mean romantically.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.