Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #226
THUNDERSTRIKE
PUNK

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Why don't they just keep Peter Parker? He IS Spider-Man.

fear not... he may be gone and out of action for awhile, but he'll be back sooner or later...

Peter Parker as Spidey is irreplaceable for any REAL length of time... Spidey may be replaced every so often, but compared to Pete, they're all faint copies at best...

as you said, Pete IS the one and only when it really comes right down to it...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zenhnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
El-Yha, her kiss-ass and Sleez, her ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

T-YA'LYZ
Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #227
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Agreed 100%

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #228
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

The way Marvel changes status quo every 12 months, a year from now, "NOW" will be a thing of the past and you'll see Peter pop up again in the title if he already doesn't have a role to play. So that's 12 issues as him as a supporting character then prob another year before he fully reclaims the mantle. So that's 24 months, times 2 issues a month = 48 issues. 2 more issues gets you a milestone 50. What else happens in 2 years? Prob another Spider-Man movie with a Peter Parker Spidey. Voila, Superior Spider-Man just turned back to ASM at 750 issues.

Do you hear that sound Mr. Anderson....? It's the sound of inevitability.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #229
SpideyInATree
Never Go Full Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
I still don't understand how Urich went from humble, good guy who looks up to his journalist uncle, to a terrible and selfish, murdering scumbag. I heard something happened to him in the Loners mini, but I never checked it out. Hope it's a good explanation, because he reads like a completely different person. Miss the old Phil Urich.
I'd highly suggest reading the two Loners miniseries that were written by C.B. Celbulski. It really helps explains how Phil is currently and also I think they are two pretty underrated miniseries.

http://www.glitchpoint.com

Check out their song Ignition
Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #230
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Ugh.

UUUUGH.

I just read ASM #698 and god damn. I'm not going to spoil anything, and it probably doesn't have anything to do (it might, in the future) with Superior Spider-Man but Jesus you guys. Your minds are going to be blown by this issue. I really just can't even think right now. Dan Slott truly is a crazy son of a *****.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #231
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Ugh.

UUUUGH.

I just read ASM #698 and god damn. I'm not going to spoil anything, and it probably doesn't have anything to do (it might, in the future) with Superior Spider-Man but Jesus you guys. Your minds are going to be blown by this issue. I really just can't even think right now. Dan Slott truly is a crazy son of a *****.
I heard it leaked out online. I won't go into details either but it is something that has been brought up here several times before. If it's true, I love the idea for now because it leads to a great possibility one day that I'm hoping Dan has in mind as the ultimate payoff.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #232
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I heard it leaked out online. I won't go into details either but it is something that has been brought up here several times before. If it's true, I love the idea for now because it leads to a great possibility one day that I'm hoping Dan has in mind as the ultimate payoff.
Yes it is, and yes it's definitely true. I keep reading the last few pages of the comic over and over again and gah it's just melting my brain. You guys'll love it. Or hate it. I dunno. But you'll definitely feel some strong emotions either way.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #233
socool
True

Quote:
It is completely out of left field. I honestly think my bowels emptied themselves upon reading it.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #234
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

The thing that completely blew my frigging mind from what I've been reading online (and correct me if I'm wrong)....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Is that it isn't happening in this upcoming issue. It ALREADY happened at some point at the end of EotE. I'm guessing that Avenging Spider-Man issue which covered the aftermath is key here, that (once again, correct me if I'm wrong) Dan said had specific ramifications on all things leading to Dying Wish. I'm gonna go re-read that sucker.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #235
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
The thing that completely blew my frigging mind from what I've been reading online (and correct me if I'm wrong)....

Is that it isn't happening in this upcoming issue. It ALREADY happened at some point at the end of EotE. I'm guessing that Avenging Spider-Man issue which covered the aftermath is key here, that (once again, correct me if I'm wrong) Dan said had specific ramifications on all things leading to Dying Wish. I'm gonna go re-read that sucker.
It's definitely hinted at in that issue. And come to think of it Spidey has been acting out of character in a few issues here and there, just weird bits of uncharacteristic anger and stuff like that, and that sort of stuff makes a lot of sense now.

Edit: I didn't actually answer your question lol

Yeah this whole thing happened a while ago it seems, possibly at the end of EotE, or maybe even as far back as issue 600. We don't really know. I have a feeling the seeds were planted in Spider-Island and it truly happened at the end of EotE, but that's just me.

Last edited by VenomSpawn; 11-19-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #236
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

Dammit, it's almost my bedtime now I have to go back and put a friggin microscope under every issue of ASM for the past year. I'm probably gonna be dragging ass at work tomorrow, thanks a lot Dan!

Old 11-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #237
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

So if anyone was looking to pick up Superior, would it better for them to look through past issues of Spider-man (such as EotE) to get the full picture?

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #238
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
So if anyone was looking to pick up Superior, would it better for them to look through past issues of Spider-man (such as EotE) to get the full picture?
Nah, you can just jump in at ASM #698 and you'll be fine.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #239
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
If things stand true as I'm hearing (and they certainly seem to be 95% true) then I would say anything from EotE to the present would help.
You'll know more in 2 more days though.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #240
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Thanks guys. Y'know, I googled it and read what people said the spoiler may be. It's been suggested before on these forums, but I (like many, I expect) dismissed it out of hand thinking it one of the more bizarre prospects. If it's really true then it sure is a mind-screw (for me as well as the characters lol).

It sounds really crazy, but so crazy that I have to believe that Slott has a plan and knows what he's doing.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #241
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

It's true. Trust me. And it's even crazier than we all thought it was before, because it's literally been right under our noses for the past few months, maybe even the past year or so. Slott definitely had this planned out for a long time.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #242
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

Quote:
It's true. Trust me. And it's even crazier than we all thought it was before, because it's literally been right under our noses for the past few months, maybe even the past year or so. Slott definitely had this planned out for a long time.
I'm going thru some old issues for clues specific to this. If you know of any off the top of your head feel free to share.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #243
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Also I'm just going to say I think this whole thing is still a red herring as to the identity of Superior Spider-Man. I don't think this is who it'll be. Maybe I'm just being stubborn.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #244
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

There's a couple of things that the news makes me think of immediately. First that cover with 'Spider-man' kissing MJ (which suddenly got even more creepy than when we knew it simply wasn't Peter). Secondly will we see his family, friends and fellow Avengers like Wolverine or Captain America notice him acting strangely?

Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #245
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

Quote:
Also I'm just going to say I think this whole thing is still a red herring as to the identity of Superior Spider-Man. I don't think this is who it'll be. Maybe I'm just being stubborn.
I agree with the notion this could mean nothing about who Superior Spidey is but means everything with the downfall of Peter Parker.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #246
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
I'm going thru some old issues for clues specific to this. If you know of any off the top of your head feel free to share.
ASM #672 and #687 come to mind.

Last edited by VenomSpawn; 11-19-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: found the issue number...
Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #247
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

Quote:
ASM #672 and the end of Ends of the Earth come to mind.
I see what you mean there.

When Pete used Ock's tech to save the day maybe Ock knew that it was only a matter of time before he would and had a backup plan. Pete's big brain literally backfired on him.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #248
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

You got it.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #249
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #250
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed. Especially when one considers that
we're still in part one of the story and have two more issues left (three since you have Amazing Spider-Man #699.1) so there's a high probability of what is revealed here won't end up being the final outcome. And second, it still doesn't explain why the Superior Spider-Man has or needs retractable claws.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Closed Thread