Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #251
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
ASM #672 and #687 come to mind.
Not to mention ASM #600.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #252
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
Not to mention ASM #600.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Still trying to figure out the gold octobot that's been slowly crawling out of the sea and how that fits in.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #253
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Still trying to figure out the gold octobot that's been slowly crawling out of the sea and how that fits in.
Theory going around is that Peter has been controlling it, trying to find himself, so to speak. If you pay attention, it's actually been following Spidey around.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #254
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
Agreed. Especially when one considers that
we're still in part one of the story and have two more issues left (three since you have Amazing Spider-Man #699.1) so there's a high probability of what is revealed here won't end up being the final outcome. And second, it still doesn't explain why the Superior Spider-Man has or needs retractable claws.
Well I haven't read the latest Spidey issues, but from what I've seen of the speculation on the net, some think that the Gold Octobot and Norman Osborn's body could have something to do with it.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #255
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Theory going around is that Peter has been controlling it, trying to find himself, so to speak. If you pay attention, it's actually been following Spidey around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Well I haven't read the latest Spidey issues, but from what I've seen of the speculation on the net, some think that the Gold Octobot and Norman Osborn's body could have something to do with it.
Yeah, I see.....so if the gold octobot has the last bit of Peter's consciousness, then he transfers it into the body of a comatose Norman Osborn to at least get a physical vessel going in order to combat Doc Ock.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #256
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Y'know what's really crazy?

The preview cover for 698 at the end of 697 shows Ock with a word bubble that says the words "Peter Parker" in it. He's not announcing Spider-Man's identity, he's realizing who he is. Super crazy and awfully tragic at the same time......

I also found a scanned page of the reveal......this is freaking nuts. Dan is freaking nuts for going through with this. He's an insane genius if he pulls this off. I'm real excited to see how it all plays out.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #257
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Yeah, I see.....so if the gold octobot has the last bit of Peter's consciousness, then he transfers it into the body of a comatose Norman Osborn to at least get a physical vessel going in order to combat Doc Ock.
It would explain the need for retractable claws (if that's their purpose). Though I've got to wonder how Peter's family and friends and other superheroes react if Superior does end up being that. If he doesn't simply tell them then you bet that people like Wolverine or Daredevil will know in an instant. Though I imagine that the events leading up to that switch around that many of those people might find out anyway (well those that need to).

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #258
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Maybe, but I'm not so sure. Have you guys seen the full cover for ASM #699 yet? Here it is if you haven't:

Old 11-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #259
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Maybe, but I'm not so sure. Have you guys seen the full cover for ASM #699 yet? Here it is if you haven't:

The cover almost looks like it's Marvel going "yeah. Pretty subtle, huh?".

Last edited by The Infernal; 11-19-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #260
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well issue #600
was the first time Spidey mentally controlled the Octobots, so Doc Ock potentially already knew what Spidey's brain patterns looked like even back then. Only thanks to the psychic blindspot, he probably couldn't have deduced Spidey identity--until Peter revealed he was "one of the infected" in Spider-Island and thus broke the "psychic blindspot" so that the next time he used the octobots, Doc Ock not only recognized Spidey's brainwaves but also deduced Spidey was Peter Parker.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Last edited by stillanerd; 11-20-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #261
Thwip!
Side-Kick

looks like i gotta avoid here till i get my copy

Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #262
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

This entire ordeal reminds me of

Kraven's Last Hunt. Same thing here, this is Otto's Last Hunt. His last revenge story. Kraven only drugged Pete, buried him alive and masqueraded as him for a little bit. This is Ock doing the same thing except he's making sure Peter dies and intends to stay as Spider-Man.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #263
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:

Kraven's Last Hunt. Same thing here, this is Otto's Last Hunt. His last revenge story. Kraven only drugged Pete, buried him alive and masqueraded as him for a little bit. This is Ock doing the same thing except he's making sure Peter dies and intends to stay as Spider-Man.
But he won't succeed! Pete will be back, I'm sure. Wonder when though.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 11-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #264
moraldeficiency
Maxwell's Demon

Quote:

A bit closer to what the red skull's been trying for years now.

OMG, it makes sense now. Does Fox News know about this?
Old 11-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #265
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moraldeficiency View Post
Youre right. He has done something similar to this before

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 11-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #266
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
except maybe you wanna spoiler that...seeing as it was your post that just clinched what happens for me...

Old 11-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #267
moraldeficiency
Maxwell's Demon

I gave nothing directly away infer what you will or perhaps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
except maybe you wanna spoiler that...seeing as it was your post that just clinched what happens for me...
Quote:
looks like i gotta avoid here till i get my copy

Old 11-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #268
moraldeficiency
Maxwell's Demon

I hate to break it to you but I think you're wrong when you said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
But he won't succeed! Pete will be back, I'm sure. Wonder when though.
Because....

Peter is back, the part I think most people missed from that reveal isn't that ock is just in peter's body but that he has his memories. So really the superior spider-man is still peter parker but with doc ock as well. Sure at the moment ock is the primary personality but I'm betting it'll be peter leaking through that makes ock act heroic and eventually it'll be peter that takes his body back over via mental fight thingy sorta like in 600.
[/QUOTE]

Old 11-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #269
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
I gave nothing directly away infer what you will or perhaps...
anyone who knows enough bout the red skull could have inferred it, i was avoidin anythin with spoiler tags :P

Old 11-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #270
moraldeficiency
Maxwell's Demon

Quote:
anyone who knows enough bout the red skull could have inferred it, i was avoidin anythin with spoiler tags :P
To be fair red skull has a lot of kooky plots, like a lot a lot. But perhaps you're right and I apologize. That said for the love of god man, stay out of this thread until you read it!

Last edited by moraldeficiency; 11-20-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: me no can spell thread
Old 11-21-2012, 03:29 AM   #271
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
To be fair red skull has a lot of kooky plots, like a lot a lot. But perhaps you're right and I apologize. That said for the love of god man, stay out of this thread until you read it!
well i've read it now :P

Old 11-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #272
moraldeficiency
Maxwell's Demon

Quote:
well i've read it now :P
Ah then you know spider-man and mary jane have switched bodies, become gay and started dating octo octavius and felicia hardy respectively. So I give nothing away by saying that. Good.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #273
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Peter is back, the part I think most people missed from that reveal isn't that ock is just in peter's body but that he has his memories. So really the superior spider-man is still peter parker but with doc ock as well. Sure at the moment ock is the primary personality but I'm betting it'll be peter leaking through that makes ock act heroic and eventually it'll be peter that takes his body back over via mental fight thingy sorta like in 600.
Yeah, that's my guess too. I think that's exactly right.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #274
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Quote:
I hate to break it to you but I think you're wrong when you said...

Because....

[/QUOTE]

Which is certainly possible. Another possibility could be...

A variation of this:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Basically, Spider-Man in a newly regenerated and rejuvenated Doc Ock's body vs. Doc Ock in Spider-Man's body. Also, given the solicit for Amazing Spider-Man #699 and what we now know, this portion of it takes on a whole new twisted meaning:

Quote:
Doctor Octopus has hours left to live. He knows Peter Parker’s secret. He has no master plan—all he wants is vengeance. Which members of Spider-Man’s rogues gallery will heed Ock’s call to arms?
In other words, Spidey is forced to sic his own enemies on Doc Ock in order to stop him. Which, of course, really jeopardizes his life as Peter Parker. And in light of what Steve Wacker revealed on his Twitter what the titles of the stories in Amazing Spider-Man #700 would be...

Or another possibility...
Peter transplants his mind into the body of Norman Osborn. After all, we never did actually see how Norman escaped from the coma ward. Thus, Peter and Norman, sharing the same body, are forced to "team up" against Doc Ock and then Norman double-crosses Peter.

Last edited by stillanerd; 11-21-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #275
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Just read the latest issue and can now read all your spoiler tags!

I look forward to looking for clues as to when (and how) the switch was made. Dan really knows what he's doing!

Dan, you magnificent bastard! I'm on for the ride!

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Closed Thread