Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #526
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Wally West was a sidekick. That comparison would make sense if Alpha was Superior SM...but he's not.....so it's a stupid comparison.
To be fair, the only thing I'd hate more than Ock taking over as Spidey would be Alpha. To also be fair Wally is a good character, while Alpha was charmless, boring, obnoxious and a paper-thin construct of how Slott imagines today's teenagers.

*sigh*.... Slott really needs to move on from this book. He should do a creator-owned book that stars him as the hero, so he doesn't have to live vicariously through Doc Ock playing Spidey. He's overstayed his welcome on Spidey worse than Mackie did in the late 90's.

"Your" is possessive, used to describe something you own; i.e "I borrowed your book."

"You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are." "You're looking tired today," would be an example of the correct usage.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #527
spida-man
THE AMAZING

I'm sure someone could turn this into a meme

Old 12-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #528
sofia_
New User - Level 0

After see the #700...Well, it is going to be good for the comics . And I'll give a try for Superior, but I want the real Spider back. I read and the feeling " oh, no Parker, come back soon, please" still here. I'm afraid for MJ (it's hard think in her with Octopus) , for Peter's life...
And now I'm afraid that the american buyers will end up preferring the new hero...

and thats results in a permanent death for Peter.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #529
SpiderMan'sBoot
Side-Kick

Is it bad I'm tempted to try get some people to write something online? A Parker comic? To compete? Marvel would shut is down probably...

Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #530
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMan'sBoot View Post
Is it bad I'm tempted to try get some people to write something online? A Parker comic? To compete? Marvel would shut is down probably...
Like a fan comic? Eh, it's certainly possible; there are a bunch of fan works out there that don't get shut down (mainly 'cause they don't charge money or pretend to own Marvel's characters).

I'll tell ya true, though: doing a comic is a lot of freakin' work, and doing a FAN comic is a lot of freakin' work for no pay and for no reason other than the desire to do it.

If someone(s) decided to put out an alternate-universe fan Spidey comic online, and the art and writing was good, I'd read it. I love well-made fanworks.

But I'm still gonna be buying Superior Spider-Man.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #531
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Couldn't find a bigger version of this yet, but here's the J Scott Campbell Superior Spider-Man #1 variant cover.

And the interlocking ASM 700 and SSM 1 covers.

Will post the full sized version once I find it.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #532
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post

And the interlocking ASM 700 and SSM 1 covers.

Will post the full sized version once I find it.
That bottom interlocking one would make an awesome poster, IMO.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #533
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

I know, man. I really want that hung up on my wall. Big fan of J Scott Campbell's art and that picture is beautiful.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #534
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMan'sBoot View Post
1) Yes you can do that. It's called fan-fiction. People have been doing that on the Internet for almost 20 years.

2) No, it wouldn't compete and no Marvel wouldn't give a crap (unless you tried making a profit off of it I think).

"Your" is possessive, used to describe something you own; i.e "I borrowed your book."

"You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are." "You're looking tired today," would be an example of the correct usage.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #535
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Just look at the success of JL8

Old 12-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #536
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
I know, man. I really want that hung up on my wall. Big fan of J Scott Campbell's art and that picture is beautiful.
Except for the spider on the back. Good lord that thing is ugly. It looks like a tick, not a spider. Someone needs to change it asap. Don't even work it into the story, just make a subtle change from one issue to the next.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #537
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

As if the original back spider didn't look like a big tick.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #538
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Seriously. Did this ever look like a Spider to anyone?

Old 12-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #539
chris moore
Side-Kick

Thankfully the days of my forcing myself to buy every issue to keep the collection intact are over. I dropped out after three issues of Brand New Day, then came back in when Big Time started.

Now, sadly, I'm out until the issues that build up to the removal of the Ock elements of Peter's memories come out and the whole thing is undone (but of course then I'll have to sit through six months of them deconstructing Peter's life after the mess Otto left it in)

Old 12-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #540
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

The more and more I think about it, I've convinced myself that this whole situation is going to lead to Spider-baby part 2 but this time under a massive s**t-storm of debate and fervor.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #541
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Wait wait wait, I haven't been following what has been going on recently.

What has happened to 616 Peter?!
Doc Ock?
What?!

Can someone summarize it?!

Old 12-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #542
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
Wait wait wait, I haven't been following what has been going on recently.

What has happened to 616 Peter?!
Doc Ock?
What?!

Can someone summarize it?!
In ASM #600, we find out that Otto is dying largely in part to all the beatings he has taken over the years from heroes with super-human strength, and due to foiling Doc Ock's crimes using his own technology against him (ASM #600, Spider-Island & Ends of the Earth), Spider-Man inadvertently gave Otto access to his brain patterns, and then used that to switch minds and bodies... so after ASM #697, Otto's mind was inhabiting Peter Parker's body, and Peter's mind was in Ock's failing body...

Peter comes within a metal plate of regaining his body back in ASM #700, and then his mind "dies" while still in Ock's body... nobody none the wiser except for Otto himself.

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 12-31-2012, 10:00 PM   #543
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
In ASM #600, we find out that Otto is dying largely in part to all the beatings he has taken over the years from heroes with super-human strength, and due to foiling Doc Ock's crimes using his own technology against him (ASM #600, Spider-Island & Ends of the Earth), Spider-Man inadvertently gave Otto access to his brain patterns, and then used that to switch minds and bodies... so after ASM #697, Otto's mind was inhabiting Peter Parker's body, and Peter's mind was in Ock's failing body...

Peter comes within a metal plate of regaining his body back in ASM #700, and then his mind "dies" while still in Ock's body... nobody none the wiser except for Otto himself.
Aloha,
I'm glad you're still with us. I thought you were going to stop reading Spidey if this happened.(I knew better)
BTW: I mentioned this last week in another post. If you are a fan of Fringe, something like this happened to Olivia. William Bell took over her body, her consciousness was dormant but still there in the background. In this case, Peter's body and ALL of his memories are still in tact, but Ock's consciousness is dominating.This is Marvel's back door for a return of Peter, eventually. I like the twist. Doc Ock since #31-33 has considered himself the Master Planner. Yet, Peter/Spidey was always able to outsmart him.This is truly his master plan, but as I will say until the return-Ock is a PARASITE in the body of another man.He has not changed his villianous ways and even if he did, he has not paid for the crimes that he has committed( like trying to destroy the world), so, regardless of what he does as Superior Spider-Man, he is still a criminal and a parasite. Let's see how he deals with Peter Parker's incredible sense of GUILT!How long will he be able to stand himself? Makes for great reading. Slott has a beginning, middle and end to this. So I'm on board all the way.
Spidey rules

Old 01-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #544
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post

Wow, who ever came up with that story is an *******!

What a horrible way to end The Amazing Spider-Man and start The Superior Spider-Man.

Even if it was fixed later on, it'll still be a waste of time and it's such a ****** way to end one title and start a new -___-

Wow

Old 01-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #545
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

And thanks for stopping by.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #546
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
I'm glad you're still with us. I thought you were going to stop reading Spidey if this happened.(I knew better)
Naw, TMOB has been a very loyal reader of Spidey since the 70's. He was a vocal supporter of BND, and even during OMD, which I believe he disliked (I don't think ANYONE liked that story), he stood by the title and wasn't screaming at how horrible everyone involved was (like yours truly did ). I don't think issue #700 is in the same ballpark as other "disaster moves" in the title's history.

I think the difference here is OMD was a change in the status quo, while I look at this as not a change in status quo (though technically it is right now), but a story arc with potential.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Old 01-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #547
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I really feel like this will turn out to just be Peter brainwashed in the end. I think some people have brought it up but when you think about it all Ock did was reprogram his brain to make him think he is Doc Ock, with his memories and what not. We even saw in 700 that parts of the old mind's personality and sensibilities leak through in high emotional moments.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #548
slimshady247
The Chesapeake Ripper

Yeah, I'm sure they'll bring Peter back by saying that he was just being suppressed or something all that time. Nonetheless, I'm interested in Superior. Will be picking it up.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #549
socool
True

Dan keeps seeing that Superior #1 holds a surprise for what to expect as far as the comic goes. Just going out on a limb, and following these ideas of Peter's mind coming back, do you think they could pull of a Jekyle and Hyde thing here? Like, Otto has the majority of control over Peter's body but every once and a while, Peter will come back for a while and take over again. It would definitely fit into the "creepy, twisted" tone that Dan said he was going for. A Spider-Man with real identity crisis.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #550
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

We'll find out in 1 week. I'm looking forward to it. I wonder how many pages it is? It's only 4 bucks so I'm guessing it's normal sized...?

Closed Thread