Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #576
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
Well, my track record on making correct guessing in definitely not 100% full-proof, so I wouldn't say they're spoilers exactly.

And agree, if MJ does go to Carlie to tell her own suspicions about "Peter," Carlie would only give hints and suggestion on what to do instead of outright saying the truth, primarily because she'd be scared.

Also, I would think Julia would have a vested interest to get involved, not just because she foresaw Peter's fate, but also because she failed to warn him and thus she would be making up for her mistake.

Another thing in regards to your article. You mentioned the first 2 clues about Peter still being in his body, trapped deep in his mind:

1) When Spock clotheslines the mugger

2) When he briefly contemplates killing MJ to protect his secret

I think another would be the scene where Ock was lamenting over things, working on new designs, ect and ended up walking on the ceiling. He seemed surprised that he involuntarily did it. That was most likely clue #3 that Pete's still in there. That's a classic Peter 'mental' trait that has been around forever when his mind is a million miles away thinking about his problems and starts literally climbing the walls like it's normal.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #577
moraldeficiency
Maxwell's Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
That was what I thought too. She instinctively knew that Chameleon was masquerading as Peter and that it wasnt Spider-Man that beat up the thugs during Kraven's Last Hunt.

One thing I wondered: Does Spider-Man's status as the chosen one change now that Ock is Spider-Man? What if he faces Kraven the Hunter? Ock would certainly not hesitate to kill Kraven, unlike Peter. There was that whole thing at the end of Grim Hunt where Spidey couldnt kill Kraven or else reality would get screwed up.
Aunt May also took out the chameleon when he was trying the same thing. She knew immediately.

OMG, it makes sense now. Does Fox News know about this?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #578
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum

Quote:
Originally Posted by moraldeficiency View Post
Aunt May also took out the chameleon when he was trying the same thing. She knew immediately.
Forgot that one.

Anway, while Ock is playing Spider-Man, I want him to face Norman Osborn, Kaine Parker and Kraven. Norman would recognize a change in Spider-Man and so would Kaine. (Ock would love to have a rematch with the man that killed him, I'm sure.) I do wonder if Kraven's heightened senses would notice a change in his enemy.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #579
moraldeficiency
Maxwell's Demon

Quote:
Forgot that one.

Anway, while Ock is playing Spider-Man, I want him to face Norman Osborn, Kaine Parker and Kraven. Norman would recognize a change in Spider-Man and so would Kaine. (Ock would love to have a rematch with the man that killed him, I'm sure.) I do wonder if Kraven's heightened senses would notice a change in his enemy.
That was one of the funnier Aunt May scenes, making the chameleon think he was poisoned and dying, plus knitting "gotcha". There needs to be more knitting in comics.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #580
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum

Sidetrack:I didnt like that the villains in that story were so easily beaten. Aunt May beat Chameleon and also knocked out Man-Wolf with a frying pan as it attacked MJ.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #581
moraldeficiency
Maxwell's Demon

Quote:
Sidetrack:I didnt like that the villains in that story were so easily beaten. Aunt May beat Chameleon and also knocked out Man-Wolf with a frying pan as it attacked MJ.
The chameleon thing I thought was fine. It was kinda an arsenic and old lace move, also someone like chameleon wouldn't suspect aunt may as any kind of a threat. But physical violence with her I don't buy in the slightest.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #582
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum

Yeah, she's always been very adverse to violence, just remember her reaction to "Spidey" attacking the Scorpion in #700. (Not that I can blame her. The results were pretty gruesome.) Still, I guess she could muster some violence if a loved one were in danger. She did threaten to shoot Spider-Man when she was with Doc Ock, and knocked Spidey over the head with a vase when she was found to be alive.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #583
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Another thing in regards to your article. You mentioned the first 2 clues about Peter still being in his body, trapped deep in his mind:

1) When Spock clotheslines the mugger

2) When he briefly contemplates killing MJ to protect his secret

I think another would be the scene where Ock was lamenting over things, working on new designs, ect and ended up walking on the ceiling. He seemed surprised that he involuntarily did it. That was most likely clue #3 that Pete's still in there. That's a classic Peter 'mental' trait that has been around forever when his mind is a million miles away thinking about his problems and starts literally climbing the walls like it's normal.
Oh yeah, I forgot all about this part. Good call.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #584
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
After seeing Tangled I never underestimate the power of a frying pan

Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #585
Lex Luthor
Evildoer

Question Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Forgot that one.

Anway, while Ock is playing Spider-Man, I want him to face Norman Osborn, Kaine Parker and Kraven. Norman would recognize a change in Spider-Man and so would Kaine. (Ock would love to have a rematch with the man that killed him, I'm sure.)
True. Superior Spider-Man facing Norman Osborn would be interesting as well. Considering that Ock and Osborn have only met once in the 616 universe (atleast that I am aware of), and it was pretty brief (in the Marvel Knights run).

Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #586
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
After seeing Tangled I never underestimate the power of a frying pan
Well if you're a Hobbit, apparently it's good enough to march into Mordor with and take on the Dark Lord Sauron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
True. Superior Spider-Man facing Norman Osborn would be interesting as well. Considering that Ock and Osborn have only met once in the 616 universe (atleast that I am aware of), and it was pretty brief (in the Marvel Knights run).
Really? You would have thought their paths would have crossed at least a handful of times. It would be interesting to see the character dynamic if Osborn found out what Ock had done. I imagine there could be good stories which sort of ask the question 'who is the real villain in that situation?'.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #587
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Well if you're a Hobbit, apparently it's good enough to march into Mordor with and take on the Dark Lord Sauron.
Disney Baddies, Sauron....that's a weapon with range

Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #588
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Well I just finished reading Superior Spider-Man #1 and... haha... I think you guys are going to enjoy this. It's going to be a fun ride.

The last page of the book should hopefully make a lot of you feel better.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #589
AgentEnforcer
misses Ben Reilly.

Because we find out that Peter is still alive in Ock's subconscious and will retake control in March 2013?

The Ben Reilly Tribute - Best Ben Reilly Resource on the web!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #590
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

I wouldn't even say it'll be THAT long.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #591
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Well I just finished reading Superior Spider-Man #1 and... haha... I think you guys are going to enjoy this. It's going to be a fun ride.

The last page of the book should hopefully make a lot of you feel better.
Just saw the last page too. I really like this. Slott isn't go to f**k this up. I'm confident in saying that from seeing just the one page. All those complainers are gonna feel real silly.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #592
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Agreed. I'm really excited for where this is going.

Also a few moments in this issue were hilarious. Ock is so full of himself.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #593
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Does the issue explain the Miguel scenes that Slott supposedly leaked on twitter? Or was that him just f'ing with people?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #594
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Just him ****ing with us. Absolutely nothing related to Miguel in this issue.

Also the new suit is mindblowingly awesome, IMO. It has a lot of functionality that I didn't really expect. The claws actually serve a purpose besides slashing and cutting.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #595
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Just him ****ing with us. Absolutely nothing related to Miguel in this issue.

Also the new suit is mindblowingly awesome, IMO. It has a lot of functionality that I didn't really expect. The claws actually serve a purpose besides slashing and cutting.
Thanks. I just found it. Got to say it's pretty awesome. For anybody that's still a little skeptical after ASM 700 (can't say I blame you) prepare to be rocked.

Slott is the man. Stegman's work was incredible. Way better than his Scarlet Spider work IMO. Great issue - fantastic ending. There was one little thing that I didn't like but to be fair I want to see how it plays out with more than just one issue.

Dan Slott was pretty wise with his plan......disappearing after 700 waiting until after Superior SM 1 releases to come back. Almost time to come back Dan.....and take a bow.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #596
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
I wouldn't even say it'll be THAT long.
After reading it, I wouldn't mind if it still remains to be that long. The possibilities are too great with this plot.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #597
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

One thing I love about the new Spidey is that

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
he's a master of prep-time. He has the entire battle with the new Sinister Six planned out before they even make their move. It reminds me of Batman, in a good way.

And like I said, the improvements to the suit and all the functionality he's added to it, it's perfect.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #598
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
After reading it, I wouldn't mind if it still remains to be that long. The possibilities are too great with this plot.
I hear ya. I wouldn't mind if this lasts a long time, honestly.

Also when they do bring Peter back, I hope he keeps the suit. I can't get over it.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #599
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I doubt they'll keep the black or the claws but some of the other stuff is pretty impressive.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #600
socool
True

Guess who called the twist, I did....sorta.