The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #876
runawayboulder
#TheFappening
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 17,470
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

He hasn't been in a Spidey comic in forever. Prob not since American Son.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #877
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods
 
Scarecrow_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Point of Diminishing Returns
Posts: 5,022
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Plus Harry is usually awesome. I'll take more of him.

edit: oh, that said Norman not Harry. **** Norman.

__________________
Well, it's been a shattering disillusionment. Goodnight.
Scarecrow_King is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #878
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
 
Hobgoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lost with a faulty compass.
Posts: 18,909
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Plus Harry is usually awesome. I'll take more of him.

edit: oh, that said Norman not Harry. **** Norman.
You got that backwards.

Hobgoblin is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #879
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...
 
Themanofbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: With your Mom in Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 39,375
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Plus Harry is usually awesome. I'll take more of him.

edit: oh, that said Norman not Harry. **** Norman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
You got that backwards.
Norman ****????


__________________
Alea Jacta Est

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #880
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods
 
Scarecrow_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Point of Diminishing Returns
Posts: 5,022
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Norman was ruined as soon as Bendis made him a Marvel Universe baddie instead of a Spider-Man baddie. The best thing Norman had going for him was his personal connection with Peter. That's been pretty much abandoned ever since Norman had HAMMER.

__________________
Well, it's been a shattering disillusionment. Goodnight.
Scarecrow_King is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #881
runawayboulder
#TheFappening
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 17,470
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Were Doom, Loki or the Red Skull ruined when they became non exclusive to their respective heroes?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #882
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man
 
Wadaltmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 908
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Doom, slightly. Loki, not really. Red Skull, once again, slightly.
I liked Norman being in more than one comic. Made him seem badder than he ever was by simply being in the Spidey comics.

Wadaltmon is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #883
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,754
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Norman was ruined as soon as Bendis made him a Marvel Universe baddie instead of a Spider-Man baddie. The best thing Norman had going for him was his personal connection with Peter. That's been pretty much abandoned ever since Norman had HAMMER.
I disagree. That was one of the more interesting things to happen to Norman in years. I liked him as Iron Patriot and director of HAMMER.

Talking about Norman. Didn't one of the solicits for a future Superior have a synopsis that read something like 'a hero acting like a villain and a villain acting like a hero'? I gotta admit, Norman popped into my head when I read that. Mainly because he's mainly Spider-man's nemesis and if Spider-man is acting like a bad guy then Norman, just by simply opposing him, could come off as a good guy in a certain light. Not that I think he literally will be, just that his actions may come off as such if he's fighting a bad guy Spider-man.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 01-30-2013 at 10:24 AM.
The Infernal is online now  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #884
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods
 
Scarecrow_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Point of Diminishing Returns
Posts: 5,022
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Were Doom, Loki or the Red Skull ruined when they became non exclusive to their respective heroes?
No, but I see them as different calibers of villains. A dictator in charge of an entire country; a god; and a Nazi that wants to rule the world.

Norman was just a guy who took a serum to get super powers and got into fights with another guy that has super powers. I liked that simplicity.

__________________
Well, it's been a shattering disillusionment. Goodnight.
Scarecrow_King is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #885
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...
 
Themanofbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: With your Mom in Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 39,375
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Yeah... it sort of went to hell once he found out Spidey's identity...

After that story, the next 2 Green Goblin stories that came out (3 stories within a 5 year period) all ended with Norman getting amnesia and forgetting what happened...



Gwen became two-dimensional after Stan killer her Dad, where almost every appearance was "her hating Spider-Man for what he had done"...



Christ... ASM #121 & 122 was Marvel cleaning house and getting rid of characters that really couldn't work anymore...


__________________
Alea Jacta Est

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #886
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods
 
Scarecrow_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Point of Diminishing Returns
Posts: 5,022
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

I never said anything about things going to hell once Norman found out his identity.

I just meant that I like the one-to-one hero to villain simplicity.

__________________
Well, it's been a shattering disillusionment. Goodnight.
Scarecrow_King is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #887
runawayboulder
#TheFappening
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 17,470
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Norman was boring as hell in the untouchable corporate villain role that gave us crap like Spider-Hunt and Gathering of the Five. The only Norman story I liked between Revelations and his time on Thunderbolts was the Jenkins story in 2002.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #888
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Today's issue was fun. I like Peter following Ock around. I think it's cool that when Ock is Spidey, Peter swings around with him in costume.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #889
stillanerd
Side-Kick
 
stillanerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,656
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Well the good news is that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Doc Ock didn't actually succeed in his attempts to seduce Mary Jane into bed. In fact, I was rather impressed that, due to having developed feelings for MJ herself, he did the right and honorable thing by letting her go--much to Ghost Peter and MJ's surprise--because of it. However...

1. Doc Ock, and this issue apparently, is making a similar argument that One Moment in Time used--that even though Peter and MJ love each other, they can never be together so long as Peter continues to be Spider-Man. It's an argument I didn't buy then, and an argument I don't buy now. Plus, the way this is set up now, even if Peter does get his body back and explains to MJ what really happened, this issue now establishes suggests MJ believed what "Peter" said was right regardless (though in One Moment in Time, she was the one who made the argument herself to Peter).

2. Even though Doc Ock is no longer going to sexually take advantage of MJ, he's still free to do so towards any other female supporting cast member, as when he starts to flirt with Salani Jaffrey in this issue. As Ghost Peter even points out, just because MJ is safe doesn't make it okay for SpOck to put other unsuspecting women to be in his cross-hairs.

3. Despite the fact that MJ acknowledges the fact that "Peter" is behaving like a completely different person, she STILL hasn't come to the conclusion that maybe "Peter" is actually an imposter. And this is the woman who is supposed to be Peter's soulmate who knows him better than anyone else and lived with him for years.

4. Speaking of which, this issue also pretty much confirms that Carlie does indeed suspect that "Peter" may in fact be Doc Ock based on what "Doc Ock" told her in Amazing Spider-Man #700. But does Carlie bother to tell MJ these suspicions? No. If SpOck and MJ dated for a two week period, that means that Carlie has known that MJ is potentially putting herself in danger all that time, yet hasn't said a single word. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Carlie biggest pet peeve is when friends and loved one lie and keep secrets from her, and wasn't that the reason she broke up with Peter in the first place?

5. If what that scene with Doc Ock recalling Peter's memories of his "sexy time" with MJ suggests, doesn't this also mean that Doc Ock pulled a "Skip Westcott" on Peter? Cause remember, it's not his body he's playing with-- it's Peter's.

EDIT: BTW, I liked the idea that the Living Brain did indeed become Doc Ock's robotic "butler." But he still wasn't programmed with a British accent. Guess Doc Ock's technical skills are slipping.

__________________
Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

stillanerd is offline  
Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #890
runawayboulder
#TheFappening
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 17,470
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Peter is Patrick Swayze, MJ is Demi Moore and Ock is Tony Goldwyn. It looks like Carlie is stuck with Oda May Brown duty until Julia Carpenter wakes from her coma. I'm not too sure who's gonna be Willie Lopez....maybe Norman?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #891
Vid Electricz
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,845
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Peter is Patrick Swayze, MJ is Demi Moore and Ock is Tony Goldwyn. It looks like Carlie is stuck with Oda May Brown duty until Julia Carpenter wakes from her coma. I'm not too sure who's gonna be Willie Lopez....maybe Norman?

Never in a million years would I have thought that the character of Spider-Man would be reduced to a remake of Ghost...

Vid Electricz is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #892
THUNDERSTRIKE
SWINEFELD... HAM-STER?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Within the endless maze and fighting to the end.
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Never in a million years would I have thought that the character of Spider-Man would be reduced to a remake of Ghost...
that...

I'm REALLY disliking that aspect of the storyline...

even though I'm not thrilled with the concept of Peter being dead in the way that they solicited it before ASM 700 came out, it would all have had more of an impact if Slott had KEPT Peter as dead and have Otto as the villain and deal with him taking on the mantle of super-hero and evolving from there, instead of having this ghost image nonsense included within the storyline...

iMho, Slott misfired on that point, thereby lessening the major impact that this whole Spider-Man event COULD have had...

__________________
If you manage to have even ONE thought processed thru that speck of a brain cell that you possess,
the effort would probably overload your brain, make you cut a fart and blow your tiny mind out your ass.

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm just content to be a malcontent.

Living up to your expectations of me...
and they're all bad.

Despicable ME... I yams what I yams.
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #893
stillanerd
Side-Kick
 
stillanerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,656
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Peter is Patrick Swayze, MJ is Demi Moore and Ock is Tony Goldwyn. It looks like Carlie is stuck with Oda May Brown duty until Julia Carpenter wakes from her coma. I'm not too sure who's gonna be Willie Lopez....maybe Norman?
Nah. Norman Osborn isn't Willie Lopez. It's the Living Brain!

__________________
Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

stillanerd is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #894
stillanerd
Side-Kick
 
stillanerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,656
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Preview of Superior Spider-Man #3 up at Newsarama.

So wait a minute? Does this mean
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Batman and Commissioner Gordon are idiots?

__________________
Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

stillanerd is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #895
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck
 
Shockdingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: With Deadpool & The unlimited
Posts: 3,541
Cs Funny Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Okay, so my initial reaction (s) sucked, seeing this preview now it made me chuckle. This book is slowly warming up to me. There, I said it, now for me to eat barbecued crow.

Shockdingo is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #896
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...
 
Themanofbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: With your Mom in Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 39,375
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

BBQ'ed crows....


__________________
Alea Jacta Est

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #897
THUNDERSTRIKE
SWINEFELD... HAM-STER?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Within the endless maze and fighting to the end.
Posts: 5,501
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man


__________________
If you manage to have even ONE thought processed thru that speck of a brain cell that you possess,
the effort would probably overload your brain, make you cut a fart and blow your tiny mind out your ass.

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm just content to be a malcontent.

Living up to your expectations of me...
and they're all bad.

Despicable ME... I yams what I yams.
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #898
runawayboulder
#TheFappening
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 17,470
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
Preview of Superior Spider-Man #3 up at Newsarama.

So wait a minute? Does this mean
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Batman and Commissioner Gordon are idiots?
Slott taking a little pot shot @ DC. The big 2 have been doing it to each other for years.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 PM   #899
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight
 
Donald Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Big Island of Hawaii
Posts: 4,301
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
Preview of Superior Spider-Man #3 up at Newsarama.

So wait a minute? Does this mean
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Batman and Commissioner Gordon are idiots?
Aloha,
That depends on
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
who actually created the Bat Signal!

Spidey rules

Donald Thomas is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #900
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 38,009
Cs Funny Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
Preview of Superior Spider-Man #3 up at Newsarama.

So wait a minute? Does this mean
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Batman and Commissioner Gordon are idiots?
Just when I thought I couldn't love Doc Ock any more than I do

That is hilariously brilliant.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.