The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #876
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

It will most def be a downloadable/unlockable skin....don't you worry about that one.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #877
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

I don't really see how different the costume is. Besides the talons a smaller emblem and his eyes I don't see any difference.

"The Safe-Word Is Pumpkin"

The Spider With a Power Ring
Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #878
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

The mask pattern is different, the arm pattern isn't there anymore, the eyes are different, he has talons, the boots are tabi boots, the back emblem is different, and the costume is red and black.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #879
kbrooksgohan
Side-Kick

It's not about just the costume. It's about what Ock brings to spidey and how he improves him. The nano spiders for example....I want too see what else he thinks up. I also feel that Ninja Theory is best suited for Spiderman because of their over the top DMC. It screams spidey imo.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #880
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

Well, I clearly need to pay more attention to detail when looking at costumes...haha.

"The Safe-Word Is Pumpkin"

The Spider With a Power Ring
Old 01-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #881
spidey99
Side-Kick

wrong thread... d'oh!

Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #882
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
No, Slott made it clear that this all started with ASM 600. Perhaps you can make the argument that Ock found out about it and came up with the idea back then, built the tech and waited patiently for the time to come again.....which it did.
Aloha,
That's more in keeping with Slott, so yeah, I would agree.

Spidey rules

Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 AM   #883
Mr. Dent

BC kind of confirming that this summer's Spidey event will involve Norman.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/...marvel-gossip/

Ehh...not really sure how I feel about that. Wish they would stop going to the well with him. They might be doing because of, you know, him probably being in TASM2.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #884
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

He hasn't been in a Spidey comic in forever. Prob not since American Son.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 01-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #885
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Plus Harry is usually awesome. I'll take more of him.

edit: oh, that said Norman not Harry. **** Norman.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #886
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post

You got that backwards.

Think of everything that the Green Goblin has done in the world of Spider-Man, and think of everything that Doc Ock has done Doc Ock is the guy who killed Peter Parker! You don't get better ranking points on villainy than that. So you have two of Spider-Man's greatest foes the two greatest foes heading toward a collision....I've got a pit over here filled with people I've killed in Spider-Man. So I mean this in all seriousness: When you hit "Goblin Nation," all bets are off. No one is safe. No one is safe.

-Dan Slott
Old 01-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #887
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
You got that backwards.
Norman ****????

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 01-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #888
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Norman was ruined as soon as Bendis made him a Marvel Universe baddie instead of a Spider-Man baddie. The best thing Norman had going for him was his personal connection with Peter. That's been pretty much abandoned ever since Norman had HAMMER.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #889
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Were Doom, Loki or the Red Skull ruined when they became non exclusive to their respective heroes?

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #890
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Doom, slightly. Loki, not really. Red Skull, once again, slightly.
I liked Norman being in more than one comic. Made him seem badder than he ever was by simply being in the Spidey comics.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #891
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Norman was ruined as soon as Bendis made him a Marvel Universe baddie instead of a Spider-Man baddie. The best thing Norman had going for him was his personal connection with Peter. That's been pretty much abandoned ever since Norman had HAMMER.
I disagree. That was one of the more interesting things to happen to Norman in years. I liked him as Iron Patriot and director of HAMMER.

Talking about Norman. Didn't one of the solicits for a future Superior have a synopsis that read something like 'a hero acting like a villain and a villain acting like a hero'? I gotta admit, Norman popped into my head when I read that. Mainly because he's mainly Spider-man's nemesis and if Spider-man is acting like a bad guy then Norman, just by simply opposing him, could come off as a good guy in a certain light. Not that I think he literally will be, just that his actions may come off as such if he's fighting a bad guy Spider-man.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 01-30-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #892
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Were Doom, Loki or the Red Skull ruined when they became non exclusive to their respective heroes?
No, but I see them as different calibers of villains. A dictator in charge of an entire country; a god; and a Nazi that wants to rule the world.

Norman was just a guy who took a serum to get super powers and got into fights with another guy that has super powers. I liked that simplicity.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #893
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Yeah... it sort of went to hell once he found out Spidey's identity...

After that story, the next 2 Green Goblin stories that came out (3 stories within a 5 year period) all ended with Norman getting amnesia and forgetting what happened...

Gwen became two-dimensional after Stan killer her Dad, where almost every appearance was "her hating Spider-Man for what he had done"...

Christ... ASM #121 & 122 was Marvel cleaning house and getting rid of characters that really couldn't work anymore...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 01-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #894
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I never said anything about things going to hell once Norman found out his identity.

I just meant that I like the one-to-one hero to villain simplicity.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #895
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Norman was boring as hell in the untouchable corporate villain role that gave us crap like Spider-Hunt and Gathering of the Five. The only Norman story I liked between Revelations and his time on Thunderbolts was the Jenkins story in 2002.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #896
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Today's issue was fun. I like Peter following Ock around. I think it's cool that when Ock is Spidey, Peter swings around with him in costume.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #897
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Well the good news is that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Doc Ock didn't actually succeed in his attempts to seduce Mary Jane into bed. In fact, I was rather impressed that, due to having developed feelings for MJ herself, he did the right and honorable thing by letting her go--much to Ghost Peter and MJ's surprise--because of it. However...

1. Doc Ock, and this issue apparently, is making a similar argument that One Moment in Time used--that even though Peter and MJ love each other, they can never be together so long as Peter continues to be Spider-Man. It's an argument I didn't buy then, and an argument I don't buy now. Plus, the way this is set up now, even if Peter does get his body back and explains to MJ what really happened, this issue now establishes suggests MJ believed what "Peter" said was right regardless (though in One Moment in Time, she was the one who made the argument herself to Peter).

2. Even though Doc Ock is no longer going to sexually take advantage of MJ, he's still free to do so towards any other female supporting cast member, as when he starts to flirt with Salani Jaffrey in this issue. As Ghost Peter even points out, just because MJ is safe doesn't make it okay for SpOck to put other unsuspecting women to be in his cross-hairs.

3. Despite the fact that MJ acknowledges the fact that "Peter" is behaving like a completely different person, she STILL hasn't come to the conclusion that maybe "Peter" is actually an imposter. And this is the woman who is supposed to be Peter's soulmate who knows him better than anyone else and lived with him for years.

4. Speaking of which, this issue also pretty much confirms that Carlie does indeed suspect that "Peter" may in fact be Doc Ock based on what "Doc Ock" told her in Amazing Spider-Man #700. But does Carlie bother to tell MJ these suspicions? No. If SpOck and MJ dated for a two week period, that means that Carlie has known that MJ is potentially putting herself in danger all that time, yet hasn't said a single word. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Carlie biggest pet peeve is when friends and loved one lie and keep secrets from her, and wasn't that the reason she broke up with Peter in the first place?

5. If what that scene with Doc Ock recalling Peter's memories of his "sexy time" with MJ suggests, doesn't this also mean that Doc Ock pulled a "Skip Westcott" on Peter? Cause remember, it's not his body he's playing with-- it's Peter's.

EDIT: BTW, I liked the idea that the Living Brain did indeed become Doc Ock's robotic "butler." But he still wasn't programmed with a British accent. Guess Doc Ock's technical skills are slipping.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #898
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Peter is Patrick Swayze, MJ is Demi Moore and Ock is Tony Goldwyn. It looks like Carlie is stuck with Oda May Brown duty until Julia Carpenter wakes from her coma. I'm not too sure who's gonna be Willie Lopez....maybe Norman?

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #899
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Peter is Patrick Swayze, MJ is Demi Moore and Ock is Tony Goldwyn. It looks like Carlie is stuck with Oda May Brown duty until Julia Carpenter wakes from her coma. I'm not too sure who's gonna be Willie Lopez....maybe Norman?

Never in a million years would I have thought that the character of Spider-Man would be reduced to a remake of Ghost...

Old 01-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #900
THUNDERSTRIKE
HYPNOTIC PSYCHOTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Never in a million years would I have thought that the character of Spider-Man would be reduced to a remake of Ghost...
that...

I'm REALLY disliking that aspect of the storyline...

even though I'm not thrilled with the concept of Peter being dead in the way that they solicited it before ASM 700 came out, it would all have had more of an impact if Slott had KEPT Peter as dead and have Otto as the villain and deal with him taking on the mantle of super-hero and evolving from there, instead of having this ghost image nonsense included within the storyline...

iMho, Slott misfired on that point, thereby lessening the major impact that this whole Spider-Man event COULD have had...

DON'T KID YOURSELF... NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO.

QUANDO PODECES TE REGI EORUM FECERUNT?

Closed Thread