Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #901
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Peter is Patrick Swayze, MJ is Demi Moore and Ock is Tony Goldwyn. It looks like Carlie is stuck with Oda May Brown duty until Julia Carpenter wakes from her coma. I'm not too sure who's gonna be Willie Lopez....maybe Norman?
Nah. Norman Osborn isn't Willie Lopez. It's the Living Brain!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Old 01-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #902
stillanerd
Side-Kick

Preview of Superior Spider-Man #3 up at Newsarama.

So wait a minute? Does this mean
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Batman and Commissioner Gordon are idiots?

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

Old 01-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #903
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck

Cs Funny Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Okay, so my initial reaction (s) sucked, seeing this preview now it made me chuckle. This book is slowly warming up to me. There, I said it, now for me to eat barbecued crow.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #904
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

BBQ'ed crows....

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #905
THUNDERSTRIKE
RAGE AND THE MACHINE

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnzy-DeeYa, an unstable B***h-Queen, and
Fylya, her ass-kiss, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #906
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post

Slott taking a little pot shot @ DC. The big 2 have been doing it to each other for years.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #907
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:

Aloha,
That depends on
who actually created the Bat Signal!

Spidey rules

Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #908
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Cs Funny Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man

Quote:

Just when I thought I couldn't love Doc Ock any more than I do

That is hilariously brilliant.

- The Joker
Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 PM   #909
socool
True

Gotta admit, Slott has me hooked. I still think the whole concept is ********, but Slott is managing to write it very well. I'm actually really enjoying it, and Stegman's art really helps. I love his stuff.

Plus, I'm glad Slott is acknowledging the stupidity of the bat signal. Never made much sense to me for the very reason Ock doesn't like it.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #910
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Yeah this has been pretty fun so far. And I'm totally excited that Miguel O'Hara is apparently going to appear in issue 7. In what capacity though, I wonder.

It's a shame Ramos is doing the art for that issue, though.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #911
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Yeah this has been pretty fun so far. And I'm totally excited that Miguel O'Hara is apparently going to appear in issue 7. In what capacity though, I wonder.

It's a shame Ramos is doing the art for that issue, though.
Bold: YES! Finally!
Italics: Aaaaand the feeling's gone. I honestly don't hate Ramos's art, but it gets annoying after a while....

Old 01-31-2013, 11:55 PM   #912
Mr. Dent
Banned User

So I'm starting to think Superior is really a dream. The way this entire issue read felt like a bad dream for Peter. He even pointed it out how crazy it is that no one has noticed he's acting like Dr. Horrible now. Also, little things like MJ repeating Crazy-town banana pants when we know Peter has never said that (yes I know it's a community reference but still) and also things like JJ suddenly liking Spider-Man. I don't care if he's taking a harder stance, if anything JJ would just criticize him harder if Spidey were to start acting like this. Everyone feels kind of OOC right now other than Carlie, and with Peter sitting back snarking the whole book, it feels entirely like this is still Peter's book and we're taking a Freaky Friday ride right now. It would explain why he's still alive and able to witness what is basically his worst nightmare.

Still, that said, I like the issue itself. It's very humorous and that shot of Ghost Spidey watching Ock NTR MJ was pretty epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
Bold: YES! Finally!
Italics: Aaaaand the feeling's gone. I honestly don't hate Ramos's art, but it gets annoying after a while....
Especially when Ryan's art is so good.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 02-01-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 AM   #913
Mr. Dent
Banned User

More Spidey #3 preview images

Ryan Stegman's art is killing it.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #914
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
and also things like JJ suddenly liking Spider-Man. I don't care if he's taking a harder stance, if anything JJ would just criticize him harder if Spidey were to start acting like this.
You didn't read #700, did you?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #915
THUNDERSTRIKE
RAGE AND THE MACHINE

Quote:
So I'm starting to think Superior is really a dream. The way this entire issue read felt like a bad dream for Peter. He even pointed it out how crazy it is that no one has noticed he's acting like Dr. Horrible now. Also, little things like MJ repeating Crazy-town banana pants when we know Peter has never said that (yes I know it's a community reference but still) and also things like JJ suddenly liking Spider-Man. I don't care if he's taking a harder stance, if anything JJ would just criticize him harder if Spidey were to start acting like this. Everyone feels kind of OOC right now other than Carlie, and with Peter sitting back snarking the whole book, it feels entirely like this is still Peter's book and we're taking a Freaky Friday ride right now. It would explain why he's still alive and able to witness what is basically his worst nightmare.

Still, that said, I like the issue itself. It's very humorous and that shot of Ghost Spidey watching Ock NTR MJ was pretty epic.

Especially when Ryan's art is so good.
kinda like that season opener of the original Dallas series where it was revealed that the entire previous season was merely Pam Ewing's bad dream?...

maan, that would be the ultimate slap in the fans' faces by Slott and Marvel if the Superior series was revealed to be nothing more than a bad dream...

a bad dream for the READERS is what it WOULD be, as well as a cheap and cheezy ploy by Slott and Co. if THAT were the case...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnzy-DeeYa, an unstable B***h-Queen, and
Fylya, her ass-kiss, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 02-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #916
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I don't think that's what they are planning. The whole "I'm finding a way back" at the end of Superior #1 is clearly the key. It means it's not definitive, and Peter CAN find a way. Making this a dream would be meaningless imo.

That's very scary. I've never actually encountered Shia Labeouf before, but I hear that you should never stare him directly in the eyes. Otherwise he'll plagiarize, er, ah, take your appearance and ruin your life. Like a drunken doppelganger. In order to appease him you must offer him photos with his own signatures and a burrito.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #917
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
You didn't read #700, did you?
I did. You can go back and look at my post on it in this very thread. That just helps my point. Why would JJ cheer Spidey on for crushing a villains jaw brutally in front of everyone? That just vindicates his fear of Spider-Man going too far one day. My impression of JJ has always been that even though he gives Spider-Man a hard time, deep down he only does it to keep him honest and he really believes in him because he never has gone too far. Doing things like that would only make JJ worse.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #918
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
I did. You can go back and look at my post on it in this very thread. That just helps my point. Why would JJ cheer Spidey on for crushing a villains jaw brutally in front of everyone? That just vindicates his fear of Spider-Man going too far one day. My impression of JJ has always been that even though he gives Spider-Man a hard time, deep down he only does it to keep him honest and he really believes in him because he never has gone too far. Doing things like that would only make JJ worse.
While I can agree with you for most of what you said... there's a couple of things to bear in mind...

1) The villain who got his jaw busted was none other than the Scorpion... a villain that was created by JJJ himself. A villain who has tried to kill JJJ many times over the years. I can totally get behind JJJ cheering as he watches the Scorpion getting beaten up.

2) JJJ's stance on Spider-Man may have softened a little since Marla's death and Spider-Island, as well as his stance on "keeping his city safe" has definitely hardened... to the point of approved brutality.

This change in JJJ comes across as very organic in my mind, so I have no issues with how things are playing out...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 02-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #919
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
kinda like that season opener of the original Dallas series where it was revealed that the entire previous season was merely Pam Ewing's bad dream?...

maan, that would be the ultimate slap in the fans' faces by Slott and Marvel if the Superior series was revealed to be nothing more than a bad dream...

a bad dream for the READERS is what it WOULD be, as well as a cheap and cheezy ploy by Slott and Co. if THAT were the case...

Is a brain swap NOT a cheap and cheezy ploy? I mean, talk about scraping the bottom of the "lame 1960's comic book conventions" barrel...

This is the cheezy stuff that gives comics a bad name.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #920
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Vulture kind of looks like Ian McKellan in that art (the top panel). I'm kind of disappointed that he is still using the wingless look.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:39 AM   #921
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
Vulture kind of looks like Ian McKellan in that art (the top panel). I'm kind of disappointed that he is still using the wingless look.
Marking this post for when they cast McKellan as Vulture in TASM3.

EDIT: Holy **** I just noticed Ghost Peter is in the background in that panel...he still has access to Ock's memories...

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 02-02-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #922
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Ryan Stegman's art is killing it.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #923
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
The only time the phrase "Ryan Stegman's art" and "bad" are ever connected is with a "is never"

Old 02-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #924
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

It's funny to me, a lot of people seem to love Stegman's work. But he hasn't really done that much. Scarlet Spider has been his longest running stint, hasn't it?

Old 02-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #925
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I didn't think he was all that special on Scarlet Spider but he's really brought his A game to Superior.

Closed Thread