The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #276
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
There are a couple things that seem to go against other stuff we've heard. like supposedly Thor and Loki are on different sides in the Iceland battles they did, this would seem to indicate that not to be true.
"And they were keeping very tight-lipped about what actually happens with Loki, you don’t know whether he redeems himself or he’s still the bad egg.”

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 10-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #277
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
And Loki is gonna lose his freaky little mind if mommy Frigga dies! Oh, man, Malekith will be in for a world of hurt. i am excited about that part, the implications for Loki, though sad to see Frigga go, *IF* true. I also guessed that Thor would need Loki to travel wherever, but still, where the heck is Odin during this? Does he die too? why no mention of it? he's got to be doing something, not just taking a nap (again!)

Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #278
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Quote:
There are a couple things that seem to go against other stuff we've heard. like supposedly Thor and Loki are on different sides in the Iceland battles they did, this would seem to indicate that not to be true. And no mention of the warriors 3 or Sif. And where the hell is Odin during all of this?

Hrmph.... not sure I'm buying any of this yet.
Remember Loki is a trickster and any deal he makes will likely be for his benefits.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #279
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Quote:
And Loki is gonna lose his freaky little mind if mommy Frigga dies! Oh, man, Malekith will be in for a world of hurt. i am excited about that part, the implications for Loki, though sad to see Frigga go, *IF* true. I also guessed that Thor would need Loki to travel wherever, but still, where the heck is Odin during this? Does he die too? why no mention of it? he's got to be doing something, not just taking a nap (again!)
Could this cause Thor to go into Warrior Madness? Frigga is not Loki's mom. The article didn't spoil the whole movie.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #280
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_3 View Post
Could this cause Thor to go into Warrior Madness? Frigga is not Loki's mom. The article didn't spoil the whole movie.
I know that, she helped raise him though now didn't she? She was likely acting as his mom from the time he was an infant. there was clearly a bond there in the first film, that's my point.... *sigh...*

Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #281
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Did Loki let go of Frigga the way he let go of the rest of Asgard?

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 10-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #282
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Did Loki let go of Frigga the way he let go of the rest of Asgard?
We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #283
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
the part about Jane being possessed... wow, that's unexpected. But Jane goes to Asgard YAY!
!!!! Very exciting!!! Can't wait for the film!!

And *props* to elizah72 for the prediction! (not regarding what JB-the-Hunter is talking about in the blacked out stuff I quoted above--one of the other points from the article. Trying not to spoil, even though this is explicitly a spoilers thread. . . .)

Quote:
And where the hell is Odin during all of this?
One thing I've been mulling over the past couple of weeks is this: In The Avengers, Loki asserts that Odin used dark magic to conjure Thor to Earth. Odin has been getting weaker over the past few years, and more prone to the Odinsleep. That's why he wanted to hand things over to Thor at the beginning of Thor1.

So what I had been wondering about is whether the conjuring to get Thor to Earth strained Odin to the point that he had another episode of Odinsleep. That might be why Tyr is in the story. They would have had to round up the nearest male relative (of undefined relationship to Thor) to serve as regent until either Odin awoke or Thor got back from Earth.

So Odin could be still recovering during at least some of these events. In which case, Thor would be . . . Rex pro Tempore. . .hmmmm! (Or, to use more a more Nordic language, tillfaellig kung)

Old 10-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #284
elizah72
Side-Kick

Link to the actual audio interview with this guy with the spoilery stuff in the first 15 mins or so.

http://thegungancouncil.podbean.com/...andrew-lawden/

He also says something about Thor out in August, or October, not November. Would love it if it moved up but I thought that was set in stone at this point.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #285
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
!!!! Very exciting!!! Can't wait for the film!!

And *props* to elizah72 for the prediction! (not regarding what JB-the-Hunter is talking about in the blacked out stuff I quoted above--one of the other points from the article. Trying not to spoil, even though this is explicitly a spoilers thread. . . .)
thanks! There is a couple points that go along with what I was predicting. So that's cool. (again IF this is all true and correct)

yeah, I'm probably being overly cautious here with spoilers, I just feel like a few points are pretty BIG if true. Although I suppose if people are here at all they should expect to be spoiled.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #286
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Link to the actual audio interview with this guy . . . .He also says something about Thor out in August, or October, not November. Would love it if it moved up but I thought that was set in stone at this point.
Well, they filmed the action scenes for The Avengers in August, 2011, and they had the film released at the beginning of May, 2012. So they did the post-production in less than 8 months. So maybe they can get the post-production for Thor2 done by August. That would be merciful to the fans if they could do that!

I have the impression that release dates are in part a function of when they can get all the work done and in part, for lack of a better term, marketing coordination. (Do they want to release it at the beginning of the summer season? Not conflicting with another studio's big release? For the Oscar season? etc.)

Old 10-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #287
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Kurse and Surtur?
Yeah, agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I think the answer to your question is that because Kurse is in this movie, Surtur won't likely be the focus. He's way more likely to be a shadow character, and I don't think there's a chance in Hel you'll see him on Earth at the end of Thor. Better odds on seeing him emerge from his hidey hole on his home realm.
But what about that earth scene?

Quote:
I agree. And it will be better that way, too. Then the Kurse fights can get more time, and Surtur threatening Asgard can get more time in Thor 3.

But the synopsis seems to be talking about a dark enemy?

Quote:
Link to the actual audio interview with this guy with the spoilery stuff in the first 15 mins or so.

http://thegungancouncil.podbean.com/...andrew-lawden/

He also says something about Thor out in August, or October, not November. Would love it if it moved up but I thought that was set in stone at this point.
So, this "enemy" in the synopsis...

Do you think, based on the guys spoilers, that this enemy is just the dark elves? Or do you guys still think Surtur will have a roll in this??

Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #288
elizah72
Side-Kick

I know you poo-poo'd my idea elsewhere about Lady Death being involved, to tie in with Thanos in Avengers 2 but this new stuff about Jane being possessed makes me wonder even more. Anybody heard if Portman is in for Avengers 2? Or not a chance.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #289
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

There's several things that don't add up about the stuntman's report, including the Loki vs. Thor massed armies mentioned earlier. Another is the idea that Thor is going around organizing and training an army to repel the Dark Elves. They're ASGARDIAN, for Crom's sake.....everybody on the whole freakin' planet/dimension/whatever is a warrior of the highest order. What kind of "training" do they need.....? (I'd insert Bill Murray's "HARRRRMY TRAINING, SIR!!!" from Stripes here if I had a vid)

Also also, Stunt Guy's report gives no indication whatsoever about what's supposed to be happening in London in those scenes they're shooting right now.

I'm inclined to believe he has a rough idea of what's supposed to happen, but he guesstimated the rest and might have fell short of the mark in several instances.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #290
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree. And it will be better that way, too. Then the Kurse fights can get more time, and Surtur threatening Asgard can get more time in Thor 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
But the synopsis seems to be talking about a dark enemy?
I believe I'm thinking the same as many others (probably you, too, but I've kind of lost track of who thinks what ) and that is that Surtur will be referenced in passing in this film, and he might be pulling the strings behind the scenes. But he won't be a major player in the story in this film. But this film will provide foreshadowing for him being the threat in Thor3. So that's how there could be the threat of a dark enemy, yet still allow a raison d'etre for Kurse.

And I will be quite pleased if that's how it unspools. That will give them the time to do a lot with the Algrim/Kurse fights, to do them properly, and build up the tension for a clearly formidable enemy in Surtur.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #291
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
And I will be quite pleased if that's how it unspools. That will give them the time to do a lot with the Algrim/Kurse fights, to do them properly, and build up the tension for a clearly formidable enemy in Surtur.
Agreed. I think you will get Surtur eventually, but only hinted at here, and more likely the focus of Thor 3

What I am very excited for at the moment, is the *potential* for a big ole dirty nasty dark magic fight between Malekith and Loki, possibly at the same time Kurse and Thor go at it.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #292
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I know you poo-poo'd my idea elsewhere about Lady Death being involved, to tie in with Thanos in Avengers 2 but this new stuff about Jane being possessed makes me wonder even more. Anybody heard if Portman is in for Avengers 2? Or not a chance.
Okay, hopefully I'll hide this properly in a "spoiler" thing. . . .

Portman is contracted to do 3 Thor films (I put a link to it about 1 or 2 pages back in the Jane Foster thread). That doesn't mean she is forbidden to do additional films. So she could well be in for Avengers 2.

BTW, the description of Mistress Death on the marvel.wikia site does not suggest that possession is one of the things that she does. So the spoiler about Jane does not immediately put that idea in mind for me.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #293
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed. I think you will get Surtur eventually, but only hinted at here, and more likely the focus of Thor 3

What I am very excited for at the moment, is the *potential* for a big ole dirty nasty dark magic fight between Malekith and Loki, possibly at the same time Kurse and Thor go at it.
Oh, yeah, I could see that!! That would be awe-some!!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #294
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
thanks! There is a couple points that go along with what I was predicting. So that's cool. (again IF this is all true and correct)
I was thinking of your assertion that they would need Loki to get to the other realms, so they would have to negotiate his conditional release from his punishment.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #295
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

If Odin's does ANOTHER Odinsleep I'm gonna scream, to quote my friend "Odin doesn't seem tough when he's always sleep".

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #296
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Assuming IF those spoilers are true, maybe
Odin stays in Asgard to watch over it in case if there's another attack and if Thor fails while taking the initiative to travel into the Dark world to amass the army that he needs to go up against the dark elves.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 AM   #297
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I want a TRAILER NOW!!!lol

I hope we get one before the end of the year.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #298
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

i think we get our first thor trailer in march or april.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:42 AM   #299
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If they're able to up everything in terms of the action, stakes, and emotions for this film as Iron man 3 is seemingly doing based on the impression that I got from seeing the first teaser, then I approve.

I hope that the this trend of the quality for these films during Phase 2 being increased from the previous phase continues at climaxes at the end of the Avengers 2

Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 AM   #300
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

I hope so, the IM3 trailer has gotten me so hyped to see what they have in store for THOR. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread