The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 06:29 AM   #301
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Hopefully we will get a Superbowl teaser trailer for TDW... 30 seconds will be fine! I just wants something official now! Iron Man got an official pic from set when it started filming! Thor has been filming for a little under 2 months and yet no official pics!

Iron Man 3 really made me excited for Phase Two... For some reason I feel like Phase Two will be the real jewel for Marvel... Kinda like how TDK is the jewel in Nolan's Dark Knight series... All three are classics but TDK is just special... I feel like that's what's happening with Phase Two...

Old 10-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #302
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
I hope so, the IM3 trailer has gotten me so hyped to see what they have in store for THOR. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!
Yes!!! Just watched that and HOLY MOLY!!!! Ben Kingsley as what is looking like a terrifying bad guy and we get Guy Pearce too! Cool beans.

I do think they are continuing to up the ante both in action and drama yes. Very exciting!

Yes, I suppose Odin could just be holding the fort, just troubled by there being no mention of him. I'm also troubled by....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
A supposedly possessed Jane going on a trek with Loki and Thor (and the warriors 3) to the Asgardian land of the dead, which what is implied. And how does she get possessed in the first place? why would he bring her where she'd be in the most danger? And with his very unpredictable and dangerous little brother at that. What are you thinking Thor? She's tiny she could get hurt. Plus it seems to imply that Jane will be there during these Iceland scenes, and I didnt think there was any word at all Natalie was there. I'm actually wondering/hoping that it's Sif that gets possessed and this guy is confused about that. I know she was not in Iceland either but she was supposed to be and things changed due to her injury. But my understanding is she will go into the scenes later though. It would make much more sense that the Sif is seen with Thor on the battlefield and she is possessed as a way to get to Thor, rather than the stretch that the Dark Elves or whatever find out about Jane on Earth. So that may be an explanation, the stunt man thought it was going to be Jane but it was in fact Sif. Or am I just wishful thinking again?

Last edited by elizah72; 10-23-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #303
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

All i ask for is that we get one great flying shot where we see Thor do something breathtaking while flying in the air, with the right camera angles and frames capturing that said moment.

And I hope the effects are better done in this film. When I compare the Tornado scene/background in Thor 1 when compared to the one used when Thor was summoning his armor, it's quite bad at times. Simply put, the tornado that Thor conjured up in Thor 1 when he was fighting against the Destroyer, the quality of that CGI looked as shady at times as it did with the effects for The Incredible Hulk's CGI (primarily the ones that took place during the day time).

Old 10-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #304
elizah72
Side-Kick

Seems like the cat is pretty well out of the bag on the internet for these rumors/spoilers mentioned here, so it's probably not necessary to do the spoiler tags for those at least in this thread anymore. JMO but did a search for Thor 2 past 24 hours on google and those spoilers come up in many places now, some places without being hidden at all, it seems. If people are here at all, then likely they expect to be spoiled. Okay?

Old 10-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #305
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Assuming IF those spoilers are true, maybe
Odin stays in Asgard to watch over it in case if there's another attack and if Thor fails while taking the initiative to travel into the Dark world to amass the army that he needs to go up against the dark elves.
That makes a lot of sense.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #306
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Seems like the cat is pretty well out of the bag on the internet for these rumors/spoilers mentioned here, so it's probably not necessary to do the spoiler tags for those at least in this thread anymore. JMO but did a search for Thor 2 past 24 hours on google and those spoilers come up in many places now, some places without being hidden at all, it seems. If people are here at all, then likely they expect to be spoiled. Okay?
If anyone expresses a concern, I will be happy to continue cloaking my comments. Otherwise, I agree, it seems reasonable to move comments in the spoiler thread to being out in the open.

Maybe we stay circumspect in the other threads for a little while yet.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #307
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I want a TRAILER NOW!!!lol

I hope we get one before the end of the year.
I hope so too, wouldn't mind a Winter Soldier trailer as well even a sneak peek at Antman art

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #308
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, I suppose Odin could just be holding the fort, just troubled by there being no mention of him.
A downside to being the king is that you don't get to go on as many adventures.

Quote:
I'm also troubled by....

A supposedly possessed Jane going on a trek with Loki and Thor (and the warriors 3) to the Asgardian land of the dead, which what is implied. And how does she get possessed in the first place? why would he bring her where she'd be in the most danger? And with his very unpredictable and dangerous little brother at that. What are you thinking Thor? She's tiny she could get hurt. Plus it seems to imply that Jane will be there during these Iceland scenes, and I didnt think there was any word at all Natalie was there. I'm actually wondering/hoping that it's Sif that gets possessed and this guy is confused about that. I know she was not in Iceland either but she was supposed to be and things changed due to her injury. But my understanding is she will go into the scenes later though. It would make much more sense that the Sif is seen with Thor on the battlefield and she is possessed as a way to get to Thor, rather than the stretch that the Dark Elves or whatever find out about Jane on Earth. So that may be an explanation, the stunt man thought it was going to be Jane but it was in fact Sif. Or am I just wishful thinking again?

Yeah, I agree; there seems to be a piece missing to the part about Jane tagging along with Loki and Thor to these various places. When they first talked about Jane going to Asgard, I had assumed that the rest of the crew would go too--Darcy and Erik. Their absence in the stuntman's comments also seemed odd.

In addition to the plot seeming to take her *toward* danger, there's the question of how she is manageable for that. I would think if she is possessed by a malevolent spirit, she would not necessarily be taking actions that are supportive of the mission. But maybe the cure lies in their destination.

It may not necessarily be that the Dark Elves seek Jane out on Earth. Maybe she's already on Asgard when they attack, and they run across her there.

I can also see your hypothesis about Sif being the one possessed as being plausible, although my comments about her being a threat to the mission in that event also apply. For that matter, so do your comments about the potential for her to get hurt. Her abilities (as I understand) are in physical combat, not in dealing with magic.

Natalie Portman is still in Texas filming the Terrence Malick film.

Of course, being possessed would bring home to Jane just how dangerous the other realms can be. . . .

All very interesting!!

Old 10-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #309
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Could Thor & co. be traveling to Karnilla's domain? She has an army and her domain is outside Asgardain rule (Dark World?).

Old 10-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #310
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:

A supposedly possessed Jane going on a trek with Loki and Thor (and the warriors 3) to the Asgardian land of the dead, which what is implied. .. .I'm actually wondering/hoping that it's Sif that gets possessed and this guy is confused about that. . . .It would make much more sense that the Sif is seen with Thor on the battlefield and she is possessed as a way to get to Thor.. .So that may be an explanation, the stunt man thought it was going to be Jane but it was in fact Sif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_3 View Post
Could Thor & co. be traveling to Karnilla's domain? She has an army and her domain is outside Asgardain rule (Dark World?).

Yeah, there's a lot on the Marvel site about her that would fit with all of this!! For example, she's an accomplished practitioner in sorcery, so maybe she could drive out the dark spirit that is possessing Jane (alternately, Sif). She aligns her army with Asgard in the fight against Surtur. She's buds with Loki.

elizah72, here is another possible angle: maybe the stuntman (Andrew Lawden) has conflated a few things. Maybe Jane is indeed the one possessed, and maybe Thor does drag her down to Karmilla's realm (or wherever) because that's who can cure what ails her. Maybe Sif also goes. I replayed the interview you posted. Lawden goes on to talk about how "the three of them" (meaning Thor, Loki, and Jane) train an army so that they can then take it to the Dark Elves. It makes no sense whatsoever for Jane to be training an army. (I'm not certain it makes sense for Loki to be training an army, either.) So maybe Sif goes to train the army, and Jane goes to get her head sorted out. Thor will have to make a lot of unsavory deals to move all this forward.

BTW, that Portman is not on location in Iceland does not necessarily mean Jane is not in this sequence. It could be that she stays in the buildings while the warriors are out on the field with the army.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #311
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
If anyone expresses a concern, I will be happy to continue cloaking my comments. Otherwise, I agree, it seems reasonable to move comments in the spoiler thread to being out in the open.

Maybe we stay circumspect in the other threads for a little while yet.
Yes.

[QUOTE=American Maid;24515197]A downside to being the king is that you don't get to go on as many adventures./QUOTE]

YES. that is why I have felt pretty confident all along that it would not be Odin who dies (although he was my #3 after Jane and Frigga), Thor needs to be free to go back to Earth and other Avengers, if he is king he shouldn't be leaving all the time. It ties him too much down to Asgard. My number one and two to die have all along been Jane and Frigga, (I kept going back on forth about which) because other than Odin, their deaths pose the most dramatic/traumatic influence on Thor (and in Frigga's case Loki as well) and that's needed to keep moving the emotional part of story forward. Someone needs to die at this point, permanently. It won't be Thor or Loki, for various reasons, one being they already both died and came back in the first one. Can't keep repeating that.

On the possession thing, and why she's with them on this trek, and how manageable that is, whether it is Jane or Sif, they may not realize that she is possessed until much later, so not realizing there is a problem with Sif or Jane going along (other than Jane can't fight like Sif can!).

On Jane being on Asgard at all, I dont know, I feel like it's going to turn into Asgardian Meet The Parents/Fockers if she's up there just visiting Thor's family and friends. (Odin glares at Jane: "I've got my eye on you." LOL)

Edit: adding, it looks like Karnilla is very heavily linked with Balder, who there is absolutely no mention of so far for Thor 2, so that would make her seem at least a little unlikely. I also dont get the impression that going to this other world is necessarily considered dangerous, just difficult to get to and requiring help from Loki. But I could be wrong.

Last edited by elizah72; 10-23-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #312
elizah72
Side-Kick

Also regarding super-hot lady characters like Karnilla, Hela, or Enchantress appearing, we've not heard a word on any actresses that sound like they'd fit the bill being signed up for Thor, so I'm thinking we won't see them. We just have Alice Krige who says she has a small part and people may not recognize her, indicating very heavy makeup/disguise. So that would not seem to point to her playing these other ladies.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #313
American Maid
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=elizah72;24515457]Yes.

Quote:
A downside to being the king is that you don't get to go on as many adventures./QUOTE]

YES. that is why I have felt pretty confident all along that it would not be Odin who dies (although he was my #3 after Jane and Frigga), Thor needs to be free to go back to Earth and other Avengers, if he is king he shouldn't be leaving all the time. It ties him too much down to Asgard. My number one and two to die have all along been Jane and Frigga, (I kept going back on forth about which) because other than Odin, their deaths pose the most dramatic/traumatic influence on Thor (and in Frigga's case Loki as well) and that's needed to keep moving the emotional part of story forward. Someone needs to die at this point, permanently.
Oh, but you never said anything about Frigga. Sneaky.

Quote:
On the possession thing, and why she's with them on this trek, and how manageable that is, whether it is Jane or Sif, they may not realize that she is possessed until much later, so not realizing there is a problem with Sif or Jane going along (other than Jane can't fight like Sif can!).

On Jane being on Asgard at all, I dont know, I feel like it's going to turn into Asgardian Meet The Parents/Fockers if she's up there just visiting Thor's family and friends.
Well, back before this latest bombshell, it was known that:
a) Jane was going to go to Asgard and would be in several scenes with Odin
b) the story was going to visit several realms, perhaps all of them.

With Darcy and Selvig returning, and Darcy at least having a larger role, I had assumed that Darcy and Selvig would be going pretty much where Jane would go. I went back and forth as to whether Jane and Co. would go to the various realms other than Asgard (and Midgard, obviously). But if they did go, I figured it was somehow in relation to their work on portals.

So I figured it wasn't going to be just a Meet the Parents kind of thing (though I was fully anticipating Darcy needling Jane along those lines). Besides, Jane has been working to open a portal to Asgard. So it's not illogical for her to succeed.

Also, at the end of Thor1, Jane and Thor clearly are interested in continuing their relationship, whatever the nature of that is, and figuring out how they feel about one another. Because of the destruction of the Bifrost, Thor has trouble getting back to Earth. So a logical alternative would be for her to go to Asgard.

You raise a good point about trouble potentially not being obvious at first.

Another possibility is that Jane is incapacitated and stays behind in Asgard. The warriors go off to raise the army, and Jane interacts with Odin. Rest of story follows after that.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #314
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

On the matter of being circumspect about Spoilers,
This movie doesnt come out for another year.
So, I would wholeheartedly agree withat decision .

Old 10-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #315
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
On the matter of being circumspect about Spoilers,
This movie doesnt come out for another year.
So, I would wholeheartedly agree withat decision .
In this thread too or just in the other threads?

Thx.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #316
elizah72
Side-Kick

LOL, I would have sworn I did talk about Frigga potentially dying somewhere, but maybe it was only bouncin' around in my noggin this whole time. Don't feel like looking back at all my posts for it at the moment. Oh well... I have mixed feelings as it definitely moves things forward for both emotionally for both Loki and Thor, and yet Frigga is one character I'd hate to lose.

Yes that does seem possible that Jane and Erik figure out how to open a portal to somewhere (but it seems more likely they may unwittingly unleash the threat we've seen attacking London. Hm?)

Edit: OH! Maybe they unleash the threat accidentally, Thor has to come down and clean up the mess, and then they talk and he decides to bring her to Asgard to show her around. Hm. Nah. I guess I'm just not that into Thor - Jane

Last edited by elizah72; 10-23-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #317
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
In this thread too or just in the other threads?

Thx.
It seems like in a thread with "possible spoilers" in the title that we really ought to be able to speak freely here. I dont mind keeping my mouth shut a bit more in the other threads though.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #318
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Frigga is one character I'd hate to lose.
Me too! Especially since so much of her work was cut from Thor1.

Quote:
Yes that does seem possible that Jane and Erik figure out how to open a portal to somewhere (but it seems more likely they may unwittingly unleash the threat we've seen attacking London. Hm?)

Edit: OH! Maybe they unleash the threat accidentally, Thor has to come down and clean up the mess, and then they talk and he decides to bring her to Asgard to show her around. Hm. Nah. I guess I'm just not that into Thor - Jane
I wouldn't say it's more likely that they unwittlingly unleash the threat (not least because all the threats and animosities predate them), but I would say it's possible.

Jane does go to Asgard, though.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #319
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Jane does go to Asgard, though.
I wonder if Odin will now have a cat named Mr. Jinx. LOL I'm sorry, it just seems like it'll be an awkward turn of events, but maybe they'll pull it off. Who knows... I also feel like there is A LOT more interesting stuff going on here to be spending a lot of time on Jane-Odin and the rest of Thor's family scenes.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #320
elizah72
Side-Kick

Oh! What if Thor winds up having to kill Jane/Sif due to this possession, maybe she becomes like a Dark Phoenix type character here? That would provide lots of angst for Thor to live with in future films.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #321
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh! What if Thor winds up having to kill Jane/Sif due to this possession, maybe she becomes like a Dark Phoenix type character here? That would provide lots of angst for Thor to live with in future films.
Ha! Indeed it would! lol.

But I rather hope not. I'd rather have both ladies continue to pursue their lines of work, regardless of who (if either) of them winds up with Thor. Plus, it would make Thor seem a bit scarier, and a bit less heroic.

BTW, those of you who would like to see Jane stop being the love interest should take heart at this possession idea. It could potentially be construed as a retelling of the original story:

[Original]
Thor brings Jane to Asgard, and Odin grants her godhood. But she has to prove herself worthy. So Odin sets her up somewhere to face a foe called the Unknown. It's a very sparse setting, and the foe is in the shadows. She gets unnerved and ends up calling to Thor to help her, which he does. Then there's this panel:
Narrator: Later, a judgement is passed.
Odin [who for some reason has both his eyes]: It seems that Jane Foster hath scant taste for a goddess' life in Asgard!
Thor: Father, I beg thee--
Jane: No! Don't ask him! I won't stay! It's too horrible--too mad!
[next panel]
Odin: She hath made her own choice, my son! Her place is on Earth!
Thor: No!

So if this is a retelling, they might show Jane battling the whatever it is in her mind, possibly with a similar shadowy sparse staging. Jane would finally get her mind untangled (perhaps even appealing to Thor to help) and possibly say, "You know, this is all a bit much." And then maybe Odin would say, "Thor, ya gotta let her make her own decision."

But I'd rather it not go that way, either! lol

Old 10-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #322
elizah72
Side-Kick

Could be, but I think people in the theater would be like "Huh?! we were promised a love story and then she cops out like that? Jeeze..."

I dont think it would make him seem less heroic at all. It would make him into a very tragic hero if anything, and garner him a lot of sympathy from the audience. I think it would be in the context of him "sacrificing everything", as is mentioned in the synopsis, including the life of woman he now loves (assuming they make that convincing), in order to save the world/universe. Seems like The Doctor (Dr. Who) has to make decisions like that quite often, and people still watch him in droves. I dont think anyone considers The Doctor not to be a (albeit tragic) hero.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #323
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

screw that, if the rumors are true, do what you gotta do to get her out of the franchise. i never liked portman. this movie isn't a love story and i still hope jane's role will be very minor

Old 10-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #324
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Purely speculative plot, *IF* the spoilers are true.

1.Thor and Loki arrive in Asgard right after Avengers, Loki is trialed and imprisoned.

-fast forward some time(maybe fixing of the bifrost with help of the Tesseract)-

2.Thor visits Earth in search for Jane, Jane for some reason works in London, they meet.

3.Dark Elves attack London with spaceships (maybe wanting to get rid of Thor before they are planning their attack on Asgard), a battle ensues, something posseses Jane (maybe to get Thor to fight)

4.After the battle Thor takes Jane to Asgard to heal her.

5.Dark Elves attack Asgard, they "hit big"

6. Thor has to journey to the dark world to recruit/train an army, because A) the attack killed most of Asgards army, or B) the rest of the army stays in Asgard with Odin to protect it from another possible attack

7.Thor strikes a truce with Loki to be able to journey to the dark world. They recruit and train an army(Return of the King - style)

8. The battle that was filmed on iceland happens, Loki backstabs Thor, hence him being on the opposite site

9.The big finale, Thor wins the battle, kills Malekith and finds a cure for Janes condition. Loki either redeems himself by backstabbing Malekith last minute, or uses the commotion to escape Asgard and his punishment permanently.

10.Return to Asgard, mourning for Frigga and maybe a reveal that it was Surtur behind the scenes, movie end.

While listening to the interview where the stuntman gave the spoilers he also mentions that the Dark Elves world will be "gothic" and the scenes filmed in Greenwich and Stonehenge will be part of that world.

Also a curious thing about that Jane-gets-posessed-thing. Posessed people tend to out of their mind, so taking her on the journey while she may be trying to work against them is risky. Also too close to the Avengers plot. Maybe its more like some kind of magical illnes that needs curing.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #325
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
screw that, if the rumors are true, do what you gotta do to get her out of the franchise. i never liked portman. this movie isn't a love story and i still hope jane's role will be very minor
You may get your wish, if they are killing Frigga early on to get Thor and Loki working together, I would not be surprised at all if someone else important to Thor dies as well late in the film. (Jane or Odin, is my guess...).

Closed Thread