The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #326
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I hope so too, wouldn't mind a Winter Soldier trailer as well even a sneak peek at Antman art
I was kinda hoping with the release of the Iron Man 3 trailer we would get a Thor surprise as well...

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #327
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Now that we got to get a glimpse of the tone Shane Black brought to Iron Man 3, I can't wait to see Taylor's for this film.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #328
elizah72
Side-Kick

Loki will start out in prison, yes. After that I'm thinking that we'll see Frigga talking to him about what he's done, possibly Odin as well, and at least get a glimmer that this touches and gets through to him *some*. Then later after she's killed and he agrees to work with Thor. Loki seems genuinely upset about Frigga to Thor and the audience, at this point (so the audience and Thor believe he's on Thor's side right now). Then later, they come upon Malekith, and Loki *seems to* cross over to that side, acting like he never cared about Frigga's death even to convince Thor and Malekith (so now Thor and the audience figure he's completely evil again). Then the Thor and Loki/Malekith armies are against each other in a battle on Asgard. But it's all just Loki as the master manipulator trying to get closer to Malekith and get revenge on him for Frigga. He waits for an opportune moment to attack and then Loki and Malekith engage in a tremendous Dark magic battle, that is intercut with Thor versus Kurse (would be especially exciting if it was both going on at once, I think). Loki kills Malekith in revenge for Frigga, Thor kills Kurse... and now where does possessed Jane fit in? *sigh* LOL Maybe she gets all full blown Dark Phoenix-like possessed after the deaths of Kurse and Malekith and then Thor and Loki have to fight her together to save Asgard and possibly all 9 realms, but Thor is the one to make the final decision on what happens there. It makes sense that Loki kills Malekith out of revenge, because he's Loki and he will take revenge. Heros are not usually allowed to take revenge. Whereas Thor has to kill Kurse mostly out of self defense, and possibly kill possessed Jane out of the need to save everyone else even if it means breaking his heart. Because that's a heroic thing to do.

Either way, I predict Loki will not be totally "redeemed" if that is possible, (so not to worry, some of you!) and he'll get away at the end, to maybe show up in Avengers 2 captured by Thanos and doing whatever the hell he needs to do to save his skin.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #329
American Maid
Side-Kick

Well, that's depressing.

But at least CherokeeSam would get his Shakespearean body count with that storyline

Old 10-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #330
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Well, that's depressing.

But at least CherokeeSam would get his Shakespearean body count with that storyline
LOL... sorry to depress you, but that's my gut feeling on how things will unfold

Old 10-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #331
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
LOL... sorry to depress you, but that's my gut feeling on how things will unfold
Well, if you're going to have Jane have a Dark Phoenix-type flameout, then there ought to be two developments:

1) She ought to bring out some epic bad-*** battle. (I'll leave it to the others here to script it ) If she's going to be Dark Phoenix, then by Odin's beard, have her be Dark Phoenix.
2) The Dark Phoenix story arc actually resolved itself by Dark Phoenix (Jean) seeing what was happening and killing herself. I think that would be a better resolution than Thor having to make the fatal blow.

But since they've kind of already done a Dark Phoenix storyline with the actual Dark Phoenix, I suspect they are not going to go there in this flick.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #332
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Well, if you're going to have Jane have a Dark Phoenix-type flameout, then there ought to be two developments:

1) She ought to bring out some epic bad-*** battle. (I'll leave it to the others here to script it ) If she's going to be Dark Phoenix, then by Odin's beard, have her be Dark Phoenix.
2) The Dark Phoenix story arc actually resolved itself by Dark Phoenix (Jean) seeing what was happening and killing herself. I think that would be a better resolution than Thor having to make the fatal blow.

But since they've kind of already done a Dark Phoenix storyline with the actual Dark Phoenix, I suspect they are not going to go there in this flick.
Or maybe he could just have to imprison her somewhere, not kill her, so she could come back later on and either die or be saved. I'm probably wrong, totally grasping at straws there anyway trying to figure out how she's going to fit in, in a way that moves things forward for Thor.

I do think I'm going to be dead on target about Loki's behavior though. and SOOOOO looking forward to it, if I am.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #333
American Maid
Side-Kick

All signs are pointing toward all of us being quite pleased with whatever they actually do. I'm sure it will be different from some of the stuff we are speculating on here. But my guess is that we (and, in particular, you) will be right on some stuff

Old 10-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #334
Sockin
Side-Kick

I keep thinking that the post-credit scene will involve Thanos and or The Other getting into Asgard and confronting Loki. Just because The Other told Loki that if Loki failed, Thanos could find him anywhere.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #335
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockin View Post
I keep thinking that the post-credit scene will involve Thanos and or The Other getting into Asgard and confronting Loki. Just because The Other told Loki that if Loki failed, Thanos could find him anywhere.
Yes. I can definitely see the post credit scene ending with them getting their hands on Loki to punish him for his failure in Avengers. EEK!

Thanks AM, hope so! LONG time to wait though!

Old 10-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #336
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes. I can definitely see the post credit scene ending with them getting their hands on Loki to punish him for his failure in Avengers. EEK!

As much as Iīd like to see that, I think the Thanos-Loki connection wonīt be a focus. Maybe if he gets to Asgard to steal the Infinity Gauntlet and he has a chance to harm Loki he will, but he would hardly go the extra mile to Asgard just to punish Loki for his failure. I donīt think Loki is that important to him.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #337
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiOfDoom View Post
As much as Iīd like to see that, I think the Thanos-Loki connection wonīt be a focus. Maybe if he gets to Asgard to steal the Infinity Gauntlet and he has a chance to harm Loki he will, but he would hardly go the extra mile to Asgard just to punish Loki for his failure. I donīt think Loki is that important to him.
Im saying though that by the end of Thor 2 I predict that he will not be on Asgard at all. I think he will still be expected to go back to prison after all is said and done and that wont sit well with him so he'll take off somewhere to hide, and figure out his next move, and maybe get picked up by Thanos or his henchmen that way.

"If you fail, if the Tesseract is kept from us, there will be no realm, no barren moon, no crevice where he can't find you. You think you know pain? He will make you long for something as sweet as pain."

that sounds pretty determined to me.

Last edited by elizah72; 10-23-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #338
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Im saying though that by the end of Thor 2 I predict that he will not be on Asgard at all. I think he will still be expected to go back to prison after all is said and done and that wont sit well with him so he'll take off somewhere to hide, and figure out his next move, and maybe get picked up by some Thanos henchmen that way.
The part of him not being in Asgard then is also my guess.

Quote:
"If you fail, if the Tesseract is kept from us, there will be no realm, no barren moon, no crevice where he can't find you. You think you know pain? He will make you long for something as sweet as pain."

that sounds pretty determined to me.
It sounded determined because they needed to pressure Loki to go on at that time. Now Thanos has a bigger game and Loki to me seems more like a pawn in his game, that now may be dismissed. It would be very petty to spend energy to actively chase Loki to get his revenge when he could just use the chance of a weakened Asgard to get his hands on the Gauntlet.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #339
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
The part of him not being in Asgard then is also my guess.
It sounded determined because they needed to pressure Loki to go on at that time. Now Thanos has a bigger game and Loki to me seems more like a pawn in his game, that now may be dismissed. It would be very petty to spend energy to actively chase Loki to get his revenge when he could just use the chance of a weakened Asgard to get his hands on the Gauntlet.
Aren't villains generally very petty and out for revenge though? And wouldnt it seem soft of Thanos to not follow through on such threats and make an example of someone who failed him? Hm? If they made a habit of letting that go, word would get around quick that Thanos and The Other's bark is worse than their bite, so no worries if you do cross them. Again this is only one possibilty for the end scene, but certainly a plausible one.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #340
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Aren't villains generally very petty and out for revenge though? And wouldnt it seem soft of Thanos to not follow through on such threats and make an example of someone who failed him? Hm? If they made a habit of letting that go, word would get around quick that Thanos and The Other's bark is worse than their bite, so no worries if you do cross them. Again this is only one possibilty for the end scene, but certainly a plausible one.

Well Loki didnīt exactly cross him, he just failed. As I said, if he should get his hands on Loki conveniently, he might exact revenge, but going after him... eh. Lokiīs not that big of a number in the MCU; with the gauntlet he could aim for galaxy domination, Iīd think thatīs more important to him.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #341
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well Loki didnīt exactly cross him, he just failed. As I said, if he should get his hands on Loki conveniently, he might exact revenge, but going after him... eh. Lokiīs not that big of a number in the MCU; with the gauntlet he could aim for galaxy domination, Iīd think thatīs more important to him.
Could be he grabs Loki at the end not just to punish him but to use him to get access to the gauntlet?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #342
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Could be he grabs Loki at the end not just to punish him but to use him to get access to the gauntlet?
Well, Iīm actually hoping for that. As an overall masterplan that stood even before the Avengers

Old 10-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #343
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Loki will start out in prison, yes. After that I'm thinking that we'll see Frigga talking to him about what he's done, possibly Odin as well, and at least get a glimmer that this touches and gets through to him *some*. Then later after she's killed and he agrees to work with Thor. Loki seems genuinely upset about Frigga to Thor and the audience, at this point (so the audience and Thor believe he's on Thor's side right now). Then later, they come upon Malekith, and Loki *seems to* cross over to that side, acting like he never cared about Frigga's death even to convince Thor and Malekith (so now Thor and the audience figure he's completely evil again). Then the Thor and Loki/Malekith armies are against each other in a battle on Asgard. But it's all just Loki as the master manipulator trying to get closer to Malekith and get revenge on him for Frigga. He waits for an opportune moment to attack and then Loki and Malekith engage in a tremendous Dark magic battle, that is intercut with Thor versus Kurse (would be especially exciting if it was both going on at once, I think). Loki kills Malekith in revenge for Frigga, Thor kills Kurse... and now where does possessed Jane fit in? *sigh* LOL Maybe she gets all full blown Dark Phoenix-like possessed after the deaths of Kurse and Malekith and then Thor and Loki have to fight her together to save Asgard and possibly all 9 realms, but Thor is the one to make the final decision on what happens there. It makes sense that Loki kills Malekith out of revenge, because he's Loki and he will take revenge. Heros are not usually allowed to take revenge. Whereas Thor has to kill Kurse mostly out of self defense, and possibly kill possessed Jane out of the need to save everyone else even if it means breaking his heart. Because that's a heroic thing to do.

Either way, I predict Loki will not be totally "redeemed" if that is possible, (so not to worry, some of you!) and he'll get away at the end, to maybe show up in Avengers 2 captured by Thanos and doing whatever the hell he needs to do to save his skin.
Agree with your second paragraph.

However, most of your beginning part, you have to consider a few things. 1. This is Thor: The Dark World, not Thor and Loki: The Dark World. I donn't believe the directors will put in those loki oriented things, that weigh THAT much on the plot, just because it's what the Loki fans may want. The death will weigh more on Thor than Loki, having Loki get revenge on Malekith over Thor seems to be pushing it, a lot. it is a thor centered movie after all, love it or hate it, Loki will be playing second fiddle to Thor, not sharing the movie with him..it's Thor's movie. The emotion of the death of frigga will sit with thor more. Thor will probably try to get revenge on Malekith, don't get me wrong, I am sure there will be some good loki manipulation, just not in the sense that you are saying, cause it is almost climaxing around Loki, while it shouldn't.

I would bet my life Kurse WILL be the one to kill Malekith, not Thor, or Loki. just like he does in the comics, Kurse will be angry with Malekith, kills him, Thor takes on Kurse, kills him with iron, and IF Surtur is there, Thor goes to Loki for help with odin.

and hopefully we get a "FOR MYSELF!"

as mentioned earlier

oh oh btw elizah72, I am going to go out on a limb here and take a guess.....that your first name is Elizah, and you were born in 1972? Am I correct!? lmao

Last edited by jaqua99; 10-23-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #344
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

and btw guys, don't be so sure that Thanos will get the IG in this movie, infact, don't be surprised if it doesn't even show up.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #345
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

I just want to say that I do not want a redemption story in Thor 2. I want my God of Mischief to be a powerful chaotic neutral who leans slightly evil. If he ever does something that may seem good, he'll do it only for selfish reasons.

In the movie, Loki seems to love Frigga and does not harbor any hatred towards her. I do not have a problem with Loki taking revenge for her death if she does die.

I also don't think Thanos will make an appearance here.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #346
elizah72
Side-Kick

Not exactly but pretty close! Good Guess, dude! I was going to guess you were born in 1999. But that's not solely based on the number at the end of your name.

we'll have to wait and see on the rest I guess.

On Thanos possibly appearing at the end, hey like I said, just one possibility for the end scene, they are likely to show something to tie in with Avengers 2. If anyone else has theories on that, I'd love to read them. Because I'm open minded that way.

Is it selfish that I want more spoilers now? And a Trailer? Selfish Selfish Selfish me...

Last edited by elizah72; 10-24-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #347
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

If it's any consolation I was born in 1972.

- Don't let the baby face fool you.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Old 10-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #348
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
If it's any consolation I was born in 1972.
THANK YOU. I knew I was not the only one. People of all ages here, and that's a GOOD thing.

Like the vid/song you have linked there, btw.

And American Maid, take heart, and see what happens to Pepper in Iron Man 3. Because the franchises are linked now, and I doubt both hero's girlfriends will end up dead in the same year. (not that I think Pepper will die, at least I hope she doesn't... I'm just saying I can't see that happening to both heros ladies in the same year, too much angst for the fans to deal with! And would make for a very depressing Avengers 2 with both guys grieving ). *gulp* See, now you got me worrying about Pepper.

Last edited by elizah72; 10-24-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #349
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

You know, you'd think by now that a support group for girlfriends/wives and boyfriends/husbands of superheroes would have been implemented by now. I'm sure talking about how that crazy villain kidnapped you just to lure your super significant other the other day is a common enough occurrence to warrant such a formation.

I'm sure the support group for significant others of villains across the hall would be just as popular.

Quote:
THANK YOU. I knew I was not the only one. People of all ages here, and that's a GOOD thing.

Like the vid/song you have linked there, btw.

And American Maid, take heart, and see what happens to Pepper in Iron Man 3. Because the franchises are linked now, and I doubt both hero's girlfriends will end up dead in the same year. (not that I think Pepper will die, at least I hope she doesn't... I'm just saying I can't see that happening to both heros ladies in the same year, too much angst for the fans to deal with! And would make for a very depressing Avengers 2 with both guys grieving ). *gulp* See, now you got me worrying about Pepper.
Dear God with all the talk of all these characters in the Marvel movies dying it's going to be like the Spring/Summer of Marvel Movie deaths. >_<

- Don't let the baby face fool you.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 10-24-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #350
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
So. . . you don't think that *both* superhero girlfriends will bite the dust this year, and you don't think that *Pepper* will die, so . . . . I know ya mean well, but how is this supposed to make me feel better about *Jane's* prospects??

What I was trying to say is that the story does not have to kill Jane to have her stop being Thor's love interest (which seems to be a top priority). It might be more realistic for them to decide it can't work, break up, and then run into each other from time to time (at whatever level of angst seems dramatically most appropriate). That happens with them in the books as I understand.

Most of all, I would like Jane to be treated in a dignified way. So not some cheesy cliche exit. I'd really like her to contribute to some part of the overall story (and not even necessarily in the Thor movies) that's not just a love-interest trope. It doesn't have to be a big contribution, either. Is that really unreasonable?

Closed Thread