The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #351
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
You know, you'd think by now that a support group for girlfriends/wives and boyfriends/husbands of superheroes would have been implemented by now.
Nothing formal. Just getting together at the wine bar every other Tuesday. . . .

Old 10-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #352
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Nope, not at all. Sorry, just saying I dont think Pepper will die (mainly because like you with Jane, I really REALLY dont want her to), but she totally might. I mean, that would give Robert a lot of dramatic "meat" to work with at the end of IM3 and going forward, so is a strong possibility. and so if she does, then probably Jane is somewhat safe for a while since I sort of doubt they'd do that to both heros in the same year and then follow up with both men grieving in Avengers (but then again, maybe they would... *sigh* )

There definitely needs to be a superhero girlfriend/boyfriend support group though. Can't be easy.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #353
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I dont think Pepper will die (mainly because like you with Jane, I really REALLY dont want her to), but she totally might. I mean, that would give Robert a lot of dramatic "meat" to work with at the end of IM3 and going forward, so is a strong possibility. and so if she does, then probably Jane is somewhat safe for a while since I sort of doubt they'd do that to both heros in the same year and then follow up with both men grieving in Avengers (but then again, maybe they would... *sigh* )
Well, Pepper wasn't supposed to be in The Avengers at all (Joss Whedon wanted all the heros to be cut off from the supports in their lives to help force them together). But apparently RDJ insisted that Pepper appear, since he considered it necessary for Tony's motivation to participate at all. So that little nugget makes me think Pepper won't get killed. But on the other hand, if RDJ thinks that regret over her loss would really drive his character, then maybe Pepper is doomed. . .

As for two men grieving, if by the time of Avengers 2 Rogers hasn't yet worked through the fact that he can never get back to Peggy Carter, and with Banner being a bit melancholic by nature, we could have a real mope-fest on our hands If that's the case, I hope Romanaov smacks them all.

Quote:
There definitely needs to be a superhero girlfriend/boyfriend support group though. Can't be easy.
I would have thought someone would have done one of those by now. Marvel has the Loners, a support group for super-powered teens who are trying to live normal lives. It looks like there are several other superhero support groups. In the world of The Tick (from which my nom de plume comes), there's a support group for side kicks. I would of thought that a world that has a superhero group called the Civic-Minded Five would have a support group for SO's. But then again, it doesn't seem like many of those guys have SO's--lol.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #354
Sockin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiOfDoom View Post
As much as Iīd like to see that, I think the Thanos-Loki connection wonīt be a focus. Maybe if he gets to Asgard to steal the Infinity Gauntlet and he has a chance to harm Loki he will, but he would hardly go the extra mile to Asgard just to punish Loki for his failure. I donīt think Loki is that important to him.
I was thinking that Thanos gets in, confronts Loki, and Loki begs for his life by telling Thanos that he can get him something that's even stronger than the Tesseract. Or Thanos is aware of the Gauntlet prior and demands that Loki get him it. Regardless, basically using the post-credit scene as a teaser for Guardians if the Gauntlet is going to be the main focus.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #355
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockin View Post
I was thinking that Thanos gets in, confronts Loki, and Loki begs for his life by telling Thanos that he can get him something that's even stronger than the Tesseract. Or Thanos is aware of the Gauntlet prior and demands that Loki get him it. Regardless, basically using the post-credit scene as a teaser for Guardians if the Gauntlet is going to be the main focus.
That would be good too!

Old 10-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #356
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yup. That's basically what I'm thinking now too. He gets Loki and instead of torture alone maybe gives him a chance to redeem himself (with Thanos) by getting "something" for him in Odin's vault, and then the Gauntlet is revealed as the last image. Then we'd maybe get a sneaking into Asgard scene with Loki in Avengers 2. Makes lots of sense Thanos would use him this way since he would know the layout and how to get in and out undetected. That is, IF they use the Gauntlet in future at all. Sounds likely though.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #357
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei D Loki View Post
I just want to say that I do not want a redemption story in Thor 2. I want my God of Mischief to be a powerful chaotic neutral who leans slightly evil. If he ever does something that may seem good, he'll do it only for selfish reasons.

In the movie, Loki seems to love Frigga and does not harbor any hatred towards her. I do not have a problem with Loki taking revenge for her death if she does die.

I also don't think Thanos will make an appearance here.
I agree with literally everything you have said here. 100% everything

Quote:
Not exactly but pretty close! Good Guess, dude! I was going to guess you were born in 1999. But that's not solely based on the number at the end of your name.

we'll have to wait and see on the rest I guess.

On Thanos possibly appearing at the end, hey like I said, just one possibility for the end scene, they are likely to show something to tie in with Avengers 2. If anyone else has theories on that, I'd love to read them. Because I'm open minded that way.

Is it selfish that I want more spoilers now? And a Trailer? Selfish Selfish Selfish me...
Nope, haha 1992, 99 is just the number of my favorite nascar driver lol, jaqua ia my first initial, and a part of my last name lol

Regarding Thanos, I mean, here's one thing to consider, Jim Starlin signed off on Thanos to appear in Guardians and Avengers 2. If He was to appear in Thor the dark world, he would have signed off on him for that movie too, no?

I just don't think the IG will come into play yet
Quote:
THANK YOU. I knew I was not the only one. People of all ages here, and that's a GOOD thing.

Like the vid/song you have linked there, btw.

And American Maid, take heart, and see what happens to Pepper in Iron Man 3. Because the franchises are linked now, and I doubt both hero's girlfriends will end up dead in the same year. (not that I think Pepper will die, at least I hope she doesn't... I'm just saying I can't see that happening to both heros ladies in the same year, too much angst for the fans to deal with! And would make for a very depressing Avengers 2 with both guys grieving ). *gulp* See, now you got me worrying about Pepper.
*kill off Jane instead! I never liked Portman!

Quote:
No way. Thanos will know about the infinity gauntlet. In the comics, he is the one who creates it, and gathers the gems, and knows of their power. There is no way i see him learning of it from someone else, most likely, IF it was in Odin's vault, it is because it was taken from Thanos. It's too associated with him for he to simply learn of it from another, ya know?

Quote:
Yup. That's basically what I'm thinking now too. He gets Loki and instead of torture alone maybe gives him a chance to redeem himself (with Thanos) by getting "something" for him in Odin's vault, and then the Gauntlet is revealed as the last image. Then we'd maybe get a sneaking into Asgard scene with Loki in Avengers 2. Makes lots of sense Thanos would use him this way since he would know the layout and how to get in and out undetected. That is, IF they use the Gauntlet in future at all. Sounds likely though.
Kevin Fiege in his interview about Thanos and phase 2 and phase 3 mentioned the infinity gauntlet, so it will definitely be used.

I am 80% certain Thanos will not appear in Thor the Dark World. The IG may, but he certainly won't. For a few reasons.

One Fiege said that they have future plans for him, and aren't rushing things. Two, with that being said, I feel like some of us are expecting him to take the Gauntlet in Thor, because it's in Asgard. I disagree. We have to remember, Thanos hasn't really had a full character introduction yet, and it won't be until Guardians that he gets fully introduced. Why have him take an artifact SO related to him if he hasn't even been properly introduced yet? I am willing to think that the IG will be discussed more and will probably appear in guardians of the galaxy (notice how the synopsis says they have something "everyone seems to want").

Now, there is no need to rush Thanos getting the IG.

With all this being said, Jim Starlin has OFFICIALLY signed off on his character, Thanos to appear in BOTH Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avengers 2. Thor: The Dark World comes out prior to those two. Don't you guys think that if that mad titan was to appear in this movie, Starlin would have signed off on him to appear in this movie as well?

For these reasons, I am fairly confident that this movie will be a completely Thor storied..story. Thanos MAY get mentioned by Loki, but I'd bet my butt at this point he won't appear.

Thoughts guys?

Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #358
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
With all this being said, Jim Starlin has OFFICIALLY signed off on his character, Thanos to appear in BOTH Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avengers 2. Thor: The Dark World comes out prior to those two. Don't you guys think that if that mad titan was to appear in this movie, Starlin would have signed off on him to appear in this movie as well?

Establishing Thanos as a character before him aquiring the IG sounds actually pretty plausible. I didnīt know he just signed for specific movies, other actors tended to just sign multi picture deals.
Though would this little after credit cameos count as a full movie? I am speaking of all of the characters here, e.g. S L Jacksons first appearence was that short tidbit in IM, did it count as a movie for him (he has a 9 pic deal, donīt he?)

Old 10-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #359
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiOfDoom View Post
Establishing Thanos as a character before him aquiring the IG sounds actually pretty plausible. I didnīt know he just signed for specific movies, other actors tended to just sign multi picture deals.
Though would this little after credit cameos count as a full movie? I am speaking of all of the characters here, e.g. S L Jacksons first appearence was that short tidbit in IM, did it count as a movie for him (he has a 9 pic deal, donīt he?)
Exactly.

And Jim Starlin is the man who created Thanos. He owns the rights to Thanos, he almost filed a lawsuit against marvel for using him in the avengers.

SO..marvel had to consort with him, Starlin signed off for Thanos to appear in Guardians and Avengers 2. IF Thanos was to appear in Thor 2, Starlin would have signed off on it. As of right now, Thanos is signed off to appear in those two movies. If he appears in thor 2 without starlin's knowledge, he would not be happy.

So I think it is safe to say Thanos won't be around this movie

Old 10-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #360
elizah72
Side-Kick

Thanos himself may not need to appear, just be mentioned, and send The Other or another henchman in for that scene.

and it's early still, they may still negotiate something, if that's the direction they will go in for that final scene.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #361
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanos himself may not need to appear, just be mentioned, and send The Other or another henchman in for that scene.

and it's early still, they may still negotiate something, if that's the direction they will go in for that final scene.
This. If Starlin gave Marvel the rights for Thanos to be used in those 2 movies a simple call can allow him in Thor 2.

I thought all Marvel writer once the characters goes on the page is property of Marvel.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #362
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Yea pretty much^
If you put the character in a Marvel or DC book, that character is theirs
The best creators get is usually a 'created by' credit

Also, does anyone remember that video interview with Feige before Avengers came out?
The one where a PA in the background walked passed with the gauntlet and Feige yelled at him, saying something like "that's a secret!"
Seems strange now that it was teased at comic-con for Thor, then teased for Avengers, and we still haven't really seen it on film.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it factor into Thor 2 with Loki trying to steal it for Thanos

Old 10-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #363
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Could Thanos appear in another after-credits scene in Thor 2?

Old 10-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #364
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
Could Thanos appear in another after-credits scene in Thor 2?
Thats what I'm thinking, if the Infinity Gauntlet is indeed in Odin's Treasure Room it would be a great lead in to whats next. I personally hoping and kinda expecting Thanos has a reference or cameo in the film.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #365
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_3 View Post
This. If Starlin gave Marvel the rights for Thanos to be used in those 2 movies a simple call can allow him in Thor 2.

I thought all Marvel writer once the characters goes on the page is property of Marvel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Yea pretty much^
If you put the character in a Marvel or DC book, that character is theirs
The best creators get is usually a 'created by' credit

Also, does anyone remember that video interview with Feige before Avengers came out?
The one where a PA in the background walked passed with the gauntlet and Feige yelled at him, saying something like "that's a secret!"
Seems strange now that it was teased at comic-con for Thor, then teased for Avengers, and we still haven't really seen it on film.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it factor into Thor 2 with Loki trying to steal it for Thanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Thats what I'm thinking, if the Infinity Gauntlet is indeed in Odin's Treasure Room it would be a great lead in to whats next. I personally hoping and kinda expecting Thanos has a reference or cameo in the film.
Okay guys, let me make it clear. Lol, yes, Marvel you would think has the rights. However, Jim Starlin was furious at the fact that Marvel put Thanos in the after credit scene of the avengers without letting him know, or even so much as pay for his movie ticket. Starlin still sees the character as his, and threatened a lawsuit against Marvel because of this.

Because of this, he signed off on Thanos to appear in Guardians, and Avengers 2. These two movies haven't even began filming yet. Thor has. And Thanos is not signed off to be in it. I find it unlikely that they "havent decided" if Thanos is going to appear yet. If he was to appear at the end, they wouldn't wait till the filming of said scene to contact Starlin. These two other films havent even started filming, and they contacted starlin

*If* Thanos were to appear in this movie, somehow, I'm sure the directors would have already decided do, thus having Starlin sign off on it for Thanos to appear here as well (even if it's just a cameo...i mean, look how he reacted to the avengers cameo). But he hasn't. He has signed off for Thanos to appear in two movies which haven't even begun filming yet.

Is it possible for someone to steal the gauntlet FOR thanos? Sure. But why? Why wouldn't he do it himself? That is something he would do. Then given the power of the IG, if someone is to steal it for him, why not keep it for themselves? They would be in the catbird seat now. And could leave some plot holes open

It seems unlikely.

But this whole Marvel vs Starlin thing is old news guys lol. Thanos had a cameo in the avengers without starlin's notice, he almost sued marvel. Other than a refference, Thanos won't appear in this movie. He won't guys. Which kinda sucks, with the mad titan being my favorite character, along with thor, in comics. But that's the reality of the scenario

Last edited by jaqua99; 10-24-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #366
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

So you're saying there's a chance...

Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #367
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

I had no idea about the Jim Starlin thing...

Old 10-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #368
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
So you're saying there's a chance...
I'm saying it's very very doubtful. Optionally, sure, he can appear, I just think, that if he was to appear, we would have heard about Starlin signing off on him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I had no idea about the Jim Starlin thing...
Really? I'm surprised, it was a topic of discussion around here at the beginning of september, I remember worrying that Thanos may never appear again because of Jim! obviously they came to an agreement, and apparently he owns the rights. But yeah, if you google it, you will definitally be able to find it.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #369
American Maid
Side-Kick

In the Jane Foster thread, someone wondered how Jane will get to Asgard. jaqua99 had this reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Same way Thor get's back to Asgard.

Thor will probably be able to open portals from asgard to earth
I'm not so certain. From Andrew Lawden's spoilers, we know that Thor needs Loki's help to travel to Svartalfheim. That suggests he is not able to open a portal to there. If he's not able to open a portal from Asgard to Svartalfheim, it's doubtful he could open one from Asgard to Midgard.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #370
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
In the Jane Foster thread, someone wondered how Jane will get to Asgard. jaqua99 had this reply:

I'm not so certain. From Andrew Lawden's spoilers, we know that Thor needs Loki's help to travel to Svartalfheim. That suggests he is not able to open a portal to there. If he's not able to open a portal from Asgard to Svartalfheim, it's doubtful he could open one from Asgard to Midgard.
Yeah, I realized that after i typed that lol. A bit of wishful thinking. He's gunna have to learn that eventually though. Hopefully. Didn't the spoiler say that Thor went to loki to get to a darker part of asgard? Not necessarily Svartalfheim? Or you think that is just what Lawden assumed, and he will be infact helping them get to Svartalfheim?

Old 10-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #371
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Quote:
I'm saying it's very very doubtful. Optionally, sure, he can appear, I just think, that if he was to appear, we would have heard about Starlin signing off on him

Really? I'm surprised, it was a topic of discussion around here at the beginning of september, I remember worrying that Thanos may never appear again because of Jim! obviously they came to an agreement, and apparently he owns the rights. But yeah, if you google it, you will definitally be able to find it.
Ah, that explains how I did not know about in then I was too busy gearing up for college stuff at the beginning of September. How unfortunate, if not a cameo maybe a reference then?

Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #372
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I realized that after i typed that lol. A bit of wishful thinking. He's gunna have to learn that eventually though. Hopefully. Didn't the spoiler say that Thor went to loki to get to a darker part of asgard? Not necessarily Svartalfheim? Or you think that is just what Lawden assumed, and he will be infact helping them get to Svartalfheim?
Well, it's certainly possible that Lawden conflated things, assumed, and/or jumped to conclusions. But what I was referring to was that Thor needs Loki's help to get to the land of the fallen warriors, the Dark World, ie Valhalla, to raise an army and then to proceed to march on Svartalfheim.

Looking at the Screenrant summary again (and playing the audio as I type this), you have it right. Lawden only talks about needing Loki's help to get to the Dark World, which he says is on the far side of Asgard (Valhalla is indeed part of Asgard). So I suppose it's possible that he can open portals to the other realms, but not to the other end of Asgard. But that seems kind of odd. It seems like it would make more sense that he could open portals everywhere or nowhere.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #373
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Starlin can be mad, but like I said Thanos belongs to Marvel and if they want can include him in Thor 2. I don't think Marvel needs his permission to do so.

I don't see mention of him saying he owns the character.
http://www.digitalspy.com/comics/new...ts-policy.html

Old 10-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #374
American Maid
Side-Kick

Maybe what they'll do is make mention of The Other and The Redacted

Old 10-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #375
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Why wouldn't that dude want Thanos to be in these movies?! If anything, it brings him more money, right? More traffic for people to go out and buy the comics.